PDA

View Full Version : People are ignorant.

SStrikerR
Aug 29, 2008, 10:53 PM
While everybody else is worrying about nukes flying at us, I'll be worrying about biological weapons instead thank you very much. (Never read Plague Maker)

EphekZ
Aug 29, 2008, 11:25 PM
Misread what you were saying.

Blitzkommando
Aug 29, 2008, 11:31 PM
What about chemical weapons? They're far easier to produce compared to nuclear and can be less risky, for the producer, than biological weapons. Sarin, mustard gas, and the like are quite effective at either causing either serious complications (such as mustard gas) or are extremely effective at killing, like sarin.

Also, dirty bombs are easier than all of the others. All that is needed there is some nuclear material, such as cobalt, uranium, or even more common elements like radium. Mind you a conventional dirty bomb wouldn't produce much damage, but the phsychological effects and sheer cost of clean up would make it devistating. Of course, if they had the funding (of say, an independent state) they could produce a small salted nuclear weapon which would be utterly decimating to the area.

UnderscoreX
Aug 30, 2008, 12:56 AM
What about Lethal Weapon and it's sequels ? Terrible movies.

Dangerous55
Aug 30, 2008, 01:20 AM
You can't with nukes, biological, or chemical weapons. But a well placed shot from an AK made in 1956 will smoke you pretty easily too.

This is the 21st century, everything changed. You gotta be prepared.

Zantra
Aug 30, 2008, 04:50 AM
No matter how you slice it, when our sun goes supernova, we're doomed...

Nitro Vordex
Aug 30, 2008, 05:58 AM
But since none of us around at this time will be around when that happens, it won't matter. :wacko:

SStrikerR
Aug 30, 2008, 11:23 AM
Yep, unless...:ninja:

DavidNel
Aug 30, 2008, 10:02 PM
No matter how you slice it, when our sun goes supernova, we're doomed...

Actually, earth might be spared according to new info (scientific american).

And people aren't ignorant, they're stupid.

SStrikerR
Aug 30, 2008, 10:06 PM
I call BS on the "earth being spared shit", if the sun goes bye-bye, we will too. And the ignorance of humans is what makes them stupid.

SStrikerR
Aug 30, 2008, 10:14 PM
Why the hell is this in rants!? I meant for this to be moved to FKL. Damn I failed. Sorry Tact, I tri-*is now dead*

amtalx
Aug 31, 2008, 12:20 AM
If you spend all your time worrying about the circumstances of death, you'll forget to live.

My official position: Whatever.

Kizeragi
Aug 31, 2008, 04:41 AM
If you spend all your time worrying about the circumstances of death, you'll forget to live.

You beat me to it. :wacko:

SStrikerR
Aug 31, 2008, 09:20 PM

True, because after I die I'll find out how, so why does it matter now?

leblancdiaz
Sep 3, 2008, 03:25 PM
but aren't we all dead on December 21, 2012?

Solstis
Sep 4, 2008, 02:05 AM
but aren't we all dead on December 21, 2012?

I think we all died on 6-6-06.

Death via a very accurate and Western-calender synchronized orbital laser. Forgot which PSOW poster pointed that out.

Seority
Sep 4, 2008, 02:46 AM
I'm worried that these zits on my face will never go away.
I'm worried that my first serafi-senba will fail.
As far as big weapons under situations that I can not control, I'm the least worried.
What happens, happens you know?

Syl
Sep 4, 2008, 05:08 AM
LHC activated soon etc.

SStrikerR
Sep 4, 2008, 06:21 AM
I'm worried that these zits on my face will never go away.
I'm worried that my first serafi-senba will fail.
As far as big weapons under situations that I can not control, I'm the least worried.
What happens, happens you know?
I just sent a nuke at your house. Worried now?