PDA

View Full Version : GC Mag Help For Rangers

zfighter14
Aug 30, 2008, 11:27 AM
What would be the best mag for a ranger. And what would be the best stats to build up for it. I have a lv 200 Kaitabha that I gave to a hunter to get Apsaras.

SStrikerR
Aug 30, 2008, 11:34 AM
My friend's an expert on ranger mags. Once I talk to him I'll tell you, seeing as he never made a pso-w account.

Rob19
Aug 30, 2008, 11:39 AM
best stats will always be power and dex, hands down. go for a 5/135/60/0 rare mag, or a 5/95/100/0 one. both work great for any ranger or hunter.

SilverShadow117
Aug 30, 2008, 03:03 PM
best stats will always be power and dex, hands down. go for a 5/135/60/0 rare mag, or a 5/95/100/0 one. both work great for any ranger or hunter.
I would suggest 5/150/45/0 rare mag. You don't need that much dex considering you start off with a lot because you're a ranger. Power is probably the most useful stat for a ranger.

Rob19
Aug 30, 2008, 11:51 PM
I would suggest 5/150/45/0 rare mag. You don't need that much dex considering you start off with a lot because you're a ranger. Power is probably the most useful stat for a ranger.

depends on how high end his gear is >>

Splash
Aug 31, 2008, 02:13 AM
45 DEX is a big no. 46 DEX is ok.

SilverShadow117
Aug 31, 2008, 03:15 AM
45 DEX is a big no. 46 DEX is ok.
Was that supposed to be funny? :wacko:

Nisoth
Aug 31, 2008, 01:00 PM
Was that supposed to be funny? :wacko:

I can see his point there. You need two points in dex to get an ATA. If you have a RAcast however, 45 is good because you only need 42 to max out ATA (end-game) but bringing it up to 45 allows you to get a rare mag without losing your ability to max all your stats.
If you ever plan to max out a RAmar, 45 will be way too much. A RAmar only needs 34 dex to max out. That works out ok, because you can use mind to attain a rare mag.
RAmarl will want to stick with 42 dex, unless you want a sato which calls for 45 .
A RAcaseal is interesting, because you can max her out using one slot, but with no rare mag. You'll need 42 dex with this plan. Unless you want to use another slot for the ability to obtain a rare mag by putting 45 dex on it.
So there really isn't one ideal mag for rangers. Or hunters or forces. If you want to maximize your point efficiency, each class has a very specific mag.

Also I'm using GC info, so if you're on DC or something, then this info is pretty much bunk.

Splash
Aug 31, 2008, 02:00 PM
RAmarl can max ATA at Lv200 with 50 DEX without any aid of units. Problem with that is that it will be impossible to max out every stat, unless you happen to choose either one of the two methods which have 8 materials left to make up.

Either way, if your ATA is max, it's not going to do you any good to keep raising DEX so 45 DEX in that case would be ok, if and only if you are aiming to max your stats with a rare mag.

SilverShadow117
Aug 31, 2008, 03:05 PM
I can see his point there. You need two points in dex to get an ATA. If you have a RAcast however, 45 is good because you only need 42 to max out ATA (end-game) but bringing it up to 45 allows you to get a rare mag without losing your ability to max all your stats.
If you ever plan to max out a RAmar, 45 will be way too much. A RAmar only needs 34 dex to max out. That works out ok, because you can use mind to attain a rare mag.
RAmarl will want to stick with 42 dex, unless you want a sato which calls for 45 .
A RAcaseal is interesting, because you can max her out using one slot, but with no rare mag. You'll need 42 dex with this plan. Unless you want to use another slot for the ability to obtain a rare mag by putting 45 dex on it.
So there really isn't one ideal mag for rangers. Or hunters or forces. If you want to maximize your point efficiency, each class has a very specific mag.

Also I'm using GC info, so if you're on DC or something, then this info is pretty much bunk.
I bet you're getting straight A's in math 8-)
Unlike most people I prefer doing less math on a videogame than I do on my actual homework. I haven't even attempted to max any of my stats. I keep my mag stats as digits of five, and I use every material I see. I don't know about you but I'm doing just fine. Maybe it's because I play offline only. I assume online must be completely different with people always commenting on whether your damage sucks or not...

Splash
Aug 31, 2008, 03:58 PM
Problem with online is that there is damage cancel which means that if there are two attacks coming from two people and hit at the same time, neither damage is recorded. Which is annoying since I could be doing 1000 damage and you are doing 400 and you just canceled out my 1000 that could have killed the monster already.

Using every material you see is really not a wise choice.

SilverShadow117
Aug 31, 2008, 06:03 PM
Using every material you see is really not a wise choice.
Can you elaborate on why it isn't a wise choice?

AlexCraig
Aug 31, 2008, 06:11 PM
Because you may require more of one stat than one you are adding materials to. And you only have a certain ammount of materials you can use total.

SilverShadow117
Aug 31, 2008, 11:32 PM
Because you may require more of one stat than one you are adding materials to. And you only have a certain ammount of materials you can use total.

Uhuh... I guess I'm pretty balanced out then considering I use EVERY material I find. Yes that includes power, defence, evasion, Luck, and even mind :-P

Splash
Sep 1, 2008, 03:13 AM
Using every material you find =/= Balanced out

Using every material you find means that you are weaker in all positions than you should be, and thus no advantages in any portions. You don't have high ATP to be able to damage out more, you don't have high DFP to reduce damage a whole lot, you don't have high LCK to be able to score more critical hits, etc. Basically, that is what a HUmar is, "balanced" thus terrible to play in Ultimate difficulty.

Of course, in reality, offline single person mode does not really matter too much. But you'll be able to see the difference in multi-player offline or online mode.

SilverShadow117
Sep 1, 2008, 03:18 AM
Using every material you find =/= Balanced out

Using every material you find means that you are weaker in all positions than you should be, and thus no advantages in any portions. You don't have high ATP to be able to damage out more, you don't have high DFP to reduce damage a whole lot, you don't have high LCK to be able to score more critical hits, etc. Basically, that is what a HUmar is, "balanced" thus terrible to play in Ultimate difficulty.

Of course, in reality, offline single person mode does not really matter too much. But you'll be able to see the difference in multi-player offline or online mode.
Interesting... I plan to keep playing offline until I get tired of this game, but that's good to know anyway :cool: