PDA

View Full Version : Lions, Tigers, and..Hurricanes! Oh my!

Zekester
Aug 30, 2008, 11:49 AM
Seeing as how Fay already came and gone, Gustav is up next on the list and oh by the looks of it, its coming straight for me! Yay!

To all who don't know, I live in LA. Where, hurricanes love us. After out last hurricane encounter (Katrina) most of us as paranoid so, were evacuating to Houston, Texas.

I guess Im just asking for your prayers that we all stay safe and god help us that we don't have another outcome like Katrina.

<3 to all.

PS. Oh did I forget that theres one more after Gustav? Yup, Hanna.

ABDUR101
Aug 30, 2008, 11:58 AM
I don't think Hanna Montana is touring in LA yet...?

*crickets*

Ah well, really, hurricanes happen. Just another natural disaster that basically has a timetable; 'hurricane season'. Sorry you have to put up with it, but people who live in 'tornado alley' have to deal with that too.

Best of luck to you and yours, be safe.

Leviathan
Aug 30, 2008, 01:24 PM
Good luck mister.

If it weather get's too crazy. my dad said he would go get my brother. Hopefully it won't get that crazy.

Kylie
Aug 30, 2008, 01:37 PM
Why would you go to Houston? o_O That sounds rather... counterproductive.

Anyway, my family are on their way up here. They booked a hotel room.

Midicronica
Aug 30, 2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah, we're getting all of our shit together as I type this message out. A mandatory evacuation will be put in to effect for my area (Calcasieu Parish/SW LA) tomorrow at noon.

Some of my crazy ass friends and cousins are staying and riding the storm out. They make light of it by saying they'll be waiting for Gustav on their roof with an umbrella with nothing else on but a poncho.

NPCMook
Aug 30, 2008, 04:20 PM
Lets face it, LA just isn't liked by he higher-ups, hit by Katrine, then Rita pretty much did a 90 degrees turn straight for LA again, and now another one is heading at you guys?

On a more serious note; Be safe

except for Midi, I still owe him a few run downs in GTAIV :wacko:

Zekester
Sep 5, 2008, 05:25 PM
Wow, what a week.

Finally got power and JUST now got internet back today. No damage to the house and thankfully not my car. All is well and im just happy to be home sweet home.

FYI, went to Florida and not Houston. Had mix information at the time.

Hurricane updates: Apparently Hanna is going up the coast of Florida and moving north-ish, other than that 2 more tropical storms have been spotted: Ike and Josephine.

Kylie
Sep 5, 2008, 05:39 PM
Gustav was all talk. :wacko:

GreenArcher
Sep 6, 2008, 12:20 PM
Hanna should be a tropical storm when it hits here at about 7 pm. I'm also having a party at 7 pm. Lots of people in my house, potentially no power? I sense some fun brewing..

Midicronica
Sep 6, 2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah, really wish I would have stayed home for Gustav. A waste of 5 day. I met some pretty interesting people while I was away from home though.

Oh ya. Look at this.

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

I swear I'm not leaving. Ike will be the death of me.

Kylie
Sep 6, 2008, 01:30 PM
Looks like Katrina told all her friends about New Orleans.

MaximusLight
Sep 6, 2008, 03:00 PM
Well I'll be sending up some prayers.

Zekester
Sep 6, 2008, 03:16 PM
First I hated Ike in SSBB, now its just not fun.

:(

Kent
Sep 7, 2008, 02:26 AM
I'm so glad I don't live in Mississippi any more. I'd rather be snowed-in than ride out another hurricane.

Also: Tigers, Lions, and Hurricanes? I propose we hybridize - the Ligercane. The most fearsome creature ever conceived!

Blitzkommando
Sep 7, 2008, 04:21 AM
I think this is nature's way of saying, "This is why you don't build your cities below sea level in a hurricane zone." Though, I must say, considering the number of times New Orleans has been hit in the past I'm a bit surprised it is even still there today.

Wyndham
Sep 7, 2008, 06:51 PM
yesterday I was walking accross the bridge, and my umbrella went inside-out.

Sol_B4dguy
Sep 8, 2008, 09:52 AM
I live in FL and have an aunt coming down from MI. It's taking some work assuring her things will be ok. >_>

Be safe, dude.

Vanzazikon
Sep 8, 2008, 12:09 PM
Man, I really feel bad for LA. Geez, these hurricanes aren't giving you a break. Lucky I'm safe where I'm at. All I have to worry about is Earthquakes.

Here's a little humor if it makes you feel better:

Zekester
Sep 9, 2008, 05:26 PM
Lol, I've never experienced an Earthquake...wonder what that would be like. >_>

Update on Ike: It looks like its going West, more towards Texas. A lot of people are saying it'll miss us, but some others are like it'll turn north. Who knows. Im pretty sure we'll dodge it.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 9, 2008, 05:41 PM
I remember reading a rumor that Russia was seeding hurricanes in the US.

Hopefully, that WAS just a rumor.

Kylie
Sep 9, 2008, 08:28 PM

Update on Ike: It looks like its going West, more towards Texas. A lot of people are saying it'll miss us, but some others are like it'll turn north. Who knows. Im pretty sure we'll dodge it.
New Orleans is good at avoiding hurricanes. >_>

Sekani
Sep 10, 2008, 08:17 AM

The first one freaks you out. After that, you kinda stop caring. Besides, they're a lot less common than hurricanes.

NPCMook
Sep 10, 2008, 04:01 PM

I think Rita would like to have a word with you... Funniest thing that happened during Rita was some guy set his building on fire, I'm sure he was kicking himself afterward when Rita turned and never really made landfall in Texas

Zekester
Sep 12, 2008, 12:40 AM
New Orleans is good at avoiding hurricanes. >_>

Oh yea just like they avoided Katrin- Oh wai.

pikachief
Sep 12, 2008, 12:47 AM

it was neat we had a semi big one over here, knocked some stuff down the intersection right downt he street of my grandma's house cracked open :wacko:

i was more interested in how my dog was interacting more than anything lol he freaked out :)

Transgamergurl
Sep 12, 2008, 10:57 AM
My girlfriend Samantha lives in the Houston area. Been trying to keep contact as much as I can. I just want her to be safe. Maybe I worry to much, but all this talk about hurricane Ike makes it hard not to. Samantha please be safe. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. And your family.