PDA

View Full Version : SEGA is catching cheaters...

Rei
Mar 1, 2001, 09:10 PM
This is a Japanese Website. (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20010301/pso.htm)

Socrates
Mar 1, 2001, 09:37 PM
I don't suppose somebody could provide a translation for us kanji-impaired folks? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Spyle
Mar 1, 2001, 09:48 PM
Use Altavista's webpage translator.

Socrates
Mar 1, 2001, 09:53 PM
Ooh, it does Japanese as well? Sorry, didn't know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Cheech
Mar 1, 2001, 11:32 PM
I've looked all over for the AltaVista translater, can you post a link?

Glider
Mar 1, 2001, 11:35 PM
http://world.altavista.com/

Mun-KEE
Mar 1, 2001, 11:35 PM
Go to altavista.com. at the bottom is a link for translator.

I translated it, and still had problems understanding the jist of it... how are they cracking down on cheaters? Maybe I will just read it again.

=-)

Chaos
Mar 1, 2001, 11:40 PM
Hmm, interesting....

Socrates
Mar 2, 2001, 01:46 AM
Well, Alta Vista won't translate it for me. I don't suppose someone could be good enough to copy-and-paste what it says here, could they?

alpha
Mar 2, 2001, 02:02 AM
using av, i translated the page 4 u. Heres what it says.

The notification regarding illegitimate data use and the like publication
March 1st announcement
The corporation sonic team announced there are times when online utilization of the heuristic circumstance PSO is stopped software " ?t?@???^?V?[?X?^?[?I?????C?? for the dream cast (the PSO)" with concerning the player who non- modifies the character data just.

At the same company, presently non- modifying the character data just with the PSO, we receive report, this judge as annoyance behavior to obstruction and the other user of service that the player who does online play is. Concerning the corresponding user, we have assumed there are times when online utilization of the PSO is stopped without discovery circumstance notice.
In the sonic team, " as been able to enjoy fair play, serving, because it is defeated, we ask understanding and cooperating of the customer ", you have commented in release.

Furthermore, we have assumed the sonic team or corporation Sega, with the corporation ISAO it is not concerned altogether, concerning the ?? ?? trouble which it waits in the behavior which transacts above-mentioned illegitimate data use and the item et cetera which appears in the game with the actual money.

In addition, in the sonic team " connecting the dream cast to the PC the result of the server maintenance which was done on February 22nd, concerning the condition where the part player becomes access failure in the JP/SHIP, " utilizes the network joint ownership function " of the Windows 98/Me and the like it announced that it is problem in environment of the player side which ".
Coping method presently has made in the midst of investigating, at the same company the player who presently cannot be connected to the JP/SHIP in this condition calls, in order to communicate the details of connected method to the sonic team.

?? Sega home page
Http: //www.sega.co.jp/
?? " ?t?@???^?V?[?X?^?[?I?????C?? " online support HP
Http: //pso.dricas.ne.jp/
You cannot connect to the ?? cJp/SHIP the tip of communication when
Http: //pso.dricas.ne.jp/onegai.html
?? news release
Http: //pso.dricas.ne.jp/pso_dricas.html
?? product information
Http: //www.sonicteam.com/pso/index2.html
??-related information
< December 27th of 2000 > Sega, in in regard to the phenomenon such that it cannot participate " the ?t?@???^?V?[?X?^?[?I?????C?? " game announcement
Http: //www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20001226/sega.htm

(March 1st of 2001)

[ Reported by Kitamura filial piety harmony ]

Socrates
Mar 2, 2001, 02:23 AM
Thanks, Alpha. I think I got the jist of it.

PSO_Krunk
Mar 2, 2001, 06:19 AM
UHM, WOW!

I had no idea something like the altavista translator even existed!!

Sure, the translation leaves a little to be desired (it reads like bad stereo instructions) but, DAMN! it's just a freaking miracle that it's even there!

Jeez that's cool!

Kerek
Mar 2, 2001, 06:31 AM
Actually guys, I pretty sure Sega can't do anything. I hate cheaters too, but Sega has NO warnings anywhere, thus making banning for cheating a rendition for someone to sue or similar. At least I think so, they can't ban someone without a warning. I read the book, there isn't one. Sega cannot assume everyone has the internet (Even though the game is online, some people don't have the browser CD.)

Just my thoughts on that.

Ambel
Mar 2, 2001, 06:32 AM
This is really GOOD news for me!!!!

SAY your prayers Cheaters!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA@!!!!

Socrates
Mar 2, 2001, 06:42 AM
"Actually guys, I pretty sure Sega can't do anything. I hate cheaters too, but Sega has NO warnings anywhere, thus making banning for cheating a rendition for someone to sue or similar. At least I think so, they can't ban someone without a warning. I read the book, there isn't one. Sega cannot assume everyone has the internet (Even though the game is online, some people don't have the browser CD.)"

I'm sure any anti-cheating actions taken would be in reference to online play only. if you cheat and hack your character to the umpteenth level and never bring it online, then so what? But if you bring it online, then you have to deal with being on a Sega server. And, if you'll notice, the Help Desk in the lobby has server messages and such, so if they make an announcement, it'll be there.

Hunter
Mar 2, 2001, 10:53 AM
Ironically, no one pay's attention to 'WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANYTHING NOT LICENSED' part. which in turns, if u use ie: THE GAMESHARK, which isn't a licensed product, and you have a problem ie: blocked online for some odd reason, and "if they have a log of your charecter for the times you logged on and logged off, along with total game time" so even if you say you never used a "NON LICENSED PRODUCT" they can question your sudden rize in charecter level of 80 with less then 4 hours. and not be liable for anything you do.... ok, say you want to try your luck? every "AND I MEAN EVERY" rep will tell you to only use LICENSED products by sega... you can't complain, nor apply for a hearing for personal damages done, mentally or physically. No i'm not a lawyer... don't ask, habbit of deciphering the fine print http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Star_Angel
Mar 2, 2001, 12:19 PM
A note about Cheating/Hacking and your licence agreement.

Once you open the sylophane, you agree to the Agreement, and it specificly says that it is illegal/discouraged to perform any type of tampering/altering/modifying anything inclosed in that package
- that includes the code -
I'm not saying police are going to bust down your door and arrest you if you own a game shark... but the company has every right to terminate your agreement, and prevent you from using the product if you are found to have broken the agreement.
So, with that said... Sega can, and obviously will prevent cheaters from playing online. You might not agree with it... but you signed the contract the day you ripped the plastic off and put the disc in the DC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif