PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with s/n

FrostyBuds
Sep 1, 2008, 05:38 PM
I just bought pso and it wont let me play offline cause i need some serial number. where can i find the serial number? or is there a way around it?

Freeze
Sep 1, 2008, 06:02 PM
First, which version do you have. The serial number is usually found on the inside of the game case.

FrostyBuds
Sep 1, 2008, 06:06 PM
i got ver. 2 for the dreamcast and i looked but i cant find the number on the case

Freeze
Sep 1, 2008, 06:11 PM
It should be on a sticker right behind the disk, assuming that it's the original case.

FrostyBuds
Sep 1, 2008, 06:12 PM
well i bought it used and there wasn't a sticker

Freeze
Sep 1, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm a bit surprised it's asking for it for offline. Mine only asks for it for online mode however the bad news is you need the proper serial number coded to your disk. The access key it would ask for after could be anything but the serial number must be the correct one.

FrostyBuds
Sep 1, 2008, 06:28 PM
dang that sucks, well thanks for the help

Freeze
Sep 1, 2008, 06:33 PM
Always happy to help, I just wish I could have given you better news.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 2, 2008, 08:45 AM
Usually the serial number is inside the case, in a litle small paper.
Do you have a reall copy of the game or is it a cd-r copy of it?

Freeze
Sep 2, 2008, 12:14 PM
From the sound of it he has an original game but not the original case. It often happens when buying used games. I could be wrong of coarse.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 2, 2008, 12:29 PM
I bought a used one, came with everyting, including the paper with that info.

Nisoth
Sep 2, 2008, 01:04 PM
Does every disc really have a specific key? I know Diablo 2 has key codes, but they're not exclusive to the disc, and if you lose it you can get a new one for 10 bucks. That's pretty ridiculous if Sonic Team designated a specific code for each and every disc. I guess they may have done that, but it seems like more trouble than it's worth. There's no way he could just get a new key?

SStrikerR
Sep 2, 2008, 01:43 PM
I doubt Sega would give him a new game seeing as there's no way they can profit from his buying the game. So basically you have two options:
1) Email whoever sold it to you and ask for it.
2) Sue them for not selling what is needed to play the game

I'd go with option 1.

Nisoth
Sep 2, 2008, 02:33 PM
Haha! There's also a third option: buy a different copy. But option one is still the best.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 2, 2008, 02:52 PM
Just download the Echelon PSO ver.2, not only i got the SNAK it also enables you to play PSO almost without any limitations.

This version can fit in a cd-r and it was made in a different way, meaning the dreamcast will read it differently.
The good is that the dc can read the info from the disk faster, but this comes at a cost, especially loading npcs in quests, so some quests will freeze (you won't lose your items, the game will just freeze)

To avoid quest freezing follow this

BATTLE TRAINING
When you talk to ASH on the ground the screen goes black forever, to overcome this don't talk to ASH, pick the item on the ground in the same room, pipe to pionner, go talk to ZIDD, he will say that he wants ASH and not the item, return to forest 1, ASH will now be standing on his feet, talk to him, now you can finish the quest.

GRAND SQUALL
This quest i beleive it works on hard mode (i can't remember correctly), this quest works differently from other quests, it loads an npc char when you get close to it.
when you reach the circular room with 3 exits, being one exit the path where you find bernie, if you go to your right a npc will load, after 0.5 seconds the game freezes permanently and the music will loop very fast.
what to do?
start quest, go talk to BERNIE, set a telepipe, near the bank there is someone that tells you that gran squall is a war ship i beleive, after that return to forest 1 and advance, the fsod won't happen.

ADDICTION FOOD
In this one when you get the cake the quest freezes, to beat the quest simply do the quest and warp to pionner before you talk to the ladies that sell you the cake, go to the guild and talk to the lady there, i beleive she says something you like, after this warp back to caves and buy the cake, the quest won't freeze.
(never had problems with this quest)

BLACK PAPER
This quest the screen goes black forever before you fight, one beeing in caves 2 and another one in caves 3.
clear caves 1, at caves 2 before you fight cast a telepipe and in pionner talk to a ramar near the bank i beleive, then return to caves 2, at caves 3 repeat the process and after that start the battle.

DOC`S OSTO RESEARCH
This freezes when you talk to SUE, to avoid this, before talking to SUE simply cast a pipe and to pionner, then return to mines and talk to SUE.
(never had problems with this quest)

FROM THE DEPTHS
You enter ruins, you see the npcs on the floor, you aproach and then the screen goes black forever (when the screen is lightening up, it freezes)
same stuff, before aproaching, use a pipe and warp to pionner, talk to IRENE in the hunters guild, after that return to ruins and complete the quest.
sometimes also in ruins 3 when talking to ash the game will freeze, simply warp back to pionner and return to ruins.

Any quest freezing that is not mentioned here just pipe to pionner 2 and return, usually that fixes the problem

If your objective is to play ver.2 then i recomend this version, i reached lvl 200 with a char using this game, so there's nothing bad about it.
If you want the original, then i can't help you.

Akira-san
Sep 2, 2008, 09:50 PM
i think i read somewhere u can email sega and they will send u a code if you wanna play offline only i may be wrong lol. i dont know if tis will work but i have v.2 dreamcast version which i dont play no more and i have the serial code etc i can give u it i never played it online so it might work ;)