PDA

View Full Version : If Xbox Has A Fee How Many Will Pay?

dvs69
Jan 31, 2003, 02:16 AM
Just wondering how many of you will pay the fee for PSOX, and how many people who were thinking of getting PSOX decided not to, due to the fee.

Nawms
Jan 31, 2003, 10:21 AM
ive already spent $250 on GC PSO, so chances are I won't be getting it. *sighs*

Nidarrock
Jan 31, 2003, 11:18 AM
For the moment I'm still deciding. I have too many factors to think about. Multiplayer, fees, friends on GC, actual release date...

I have a few DC friends on GC that were thinking of getting the Xbox version but I doubt they will pay HL fees for the same game on two systems. Being that my wife and I play PSO I hope multiplayer runs better than the GC version(I've only heard, I do not own GC version). Well time will tell, and I wish Sega or Microsoft would say something.

Wouldn't it just figure that when they do make a statement they'll say that we have to wait another 2 months.*remembering ver. 2 delays*

TerribleDeliMeat
Jan 31, 2003, 11:28 AM
See my post on the sticky XBOX thread at the top for my long answer...but short answer is...No, I have zero problems paying for PSOX if certain conditions are met.

Phobos-X
Jan 31, 2003, 11:31 AM
undecided. im definatly (sp) getting it, but as far as online WITH additional fees...i dunno about that. if my friend gets it, no doubt ill get online, but if not, its still up in the air

Tye
Jan 31, 2003, 01:12 PM
Yeah!

I got a very well paying job! And money is made to be spent! I deserve some fun things in my life!

It's gonna be a blast! I just hope the XBox Version has no problems *Crosses Fingers*

I'm just happy that with Xbox live it has better security then GC.

EDarkness
Jan 31, 2003, 02:35 PM
You guys do know that you won't be able to play X-Box PSO offline without buying X-Box Live, right?

-EDarkness

Blenjar
Jan 31, 2003, 02:49 PM
Depends.

Omikron
Jan 31, 2003, 03:37 PM
Well, it's the same price a GC and with better service (maybe not for PSO itself, but there's all the XBL features so it counts http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif), and i would've been willing to pay the GC fee.

In the end, the thing is that MMORPGs (Dark age of Camelot, Anarchy Online, Everquest, etc.) are between 12-15$/month and i find PSO far more fun than any MMORPG.

RX-7
Jan 31, 2003, 03:41 PM
I was going to, but baut now with this have to have x-Box Live to even do offline, I will jsut say screw it. i will keep with the GC, which I know will have more support than the X-Box one, since Micrsoft is going to be doign the server stuff, not Sonic team.

chaos28
Jan 31, 2003, 03:48 PM
How come there's no "X-Box blows" option? That's what I would've voted for. I voted for "can't afford it," since that's the same thing; it results in me not buying the big piece of black garbage to play PSO when I can use a supperior system to do so.

Mag_Launcher
Jan 31, 2003, 03:59 PM
My choice woulda been "GC PSO only with Live! features? Funk that noise."

Phobos-X
Jan 31, 2003, 04:13 PM
You guys do know that you won't be able to play X-Box PSO offline without buying X-Box Live, right

unfortunaltely, this is true...but fortunately i already have XBL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

it results in me not buying the big piece of black garbage to play PSO when I can use a supperior system to do so

hahaha, i love fanboys

Rubesahl
Jan 31, 2003, 07:38 PM
I'm going to get it and see how it is. If I like how the online part is then I'll stay with it ^_^ if not then I'll just have it for offline only for my friend to play. I'm getting the GC update disk anyway so...

SadRomeo
Jan 31, 2003, 08:08 PM
I'm a PSO addict so I will most definitely pay the HL fee for the xbox version. I can certainly hope that security will be much better and that cheating will be non-existant and that there might be a snapshot feature, but regardless, I am still going to get it. I have XBL so I at least can play offline.

SadRomeo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SadRomeo on 2003-01-31 17:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SadRomeo on 2003-01-31 17:09 ]</font>

Bloodberry
Jan 31, 2003, 08:37 PM
All you people with Xbox's, make sure to post some pictures of PSO after you get it (assuming it has a sc upload thing, even then most of you have capture cards anyways.) I want to see what it looks like. The pics on the site look strangely like the PC ones. The PC version looks kinda horrible (no offense.)

Cedric_Greene
Jan 31, 2003, 09:50 PM
On 2003-01-31 12:48, chaos28 wrote:
How come there's no "X-Box blows" option? That's what I would've voted for. I voted for "can't afford it," since that's the same thing; it results in me not buying the big piece of black garbage to play PSO when I can use a supperior system to do so.

I'm going to go with chaos here, why shell out $$$ for a game on a system known to have overheating problems when playing a game for longer than 1 hour at a time, pay an extra $50 a year just to play the game in offline mode, and have all the "security" guarantess of a Micro$oft platform. All this so I can "talk" to fellow PSO'ers, think I'll pay the $40 once for a kba.

Tye
Jan 31, 2003, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry but Xbox has way better security then the GC.

Chaos the GC a superior system?
Thats why Xbox is Outselling it out of the water and GC Is doing so horrible right now.

I have a GC and love it but i'm not Ignorant

Rubesahl
Jan 31, 2003, 10:49 PM
On 2003-01-31 18:50, Cedric_Greene wrote:

I'm going to go with chaos here, why shell out $$$ for a game on a system known to have overheating problems when playing a game for longer than 1 hour at a time, pay an extra $50 a year just to play the game in offline mode, and have all the "security" guarantess of a Micro$oft platform. All this so I can "talk" to fellow PSO'ers, think I'll pay the $40 once for a kba.

Mine has never overheated, and I've played it A LOT. Well, for those who already have Xbox Live then it's no big deal to pay the fee for the HL and they can play offline anyway at least. Also, I think if a person is getting XBL then he should also consider the possibility of liking other Live enabled games and not get it just for PSO. If someone wants to play only one online game and that one being PSO then he should get a GC since there's not too many news of online games coming to it.

Seeing as you need the XBL kit just to play offline then by doing that, doesn't that assure that when you log in it'll check your system for mod chips, etc? Also, they could even obligate that way patches to prevent cheating and offline users could get bug fixes even though they don't pay for a HL. In my opinion this is why the XBL account is needed. Bad thing though, that people who only have Xbox and only want PSO as their online game then it's going to be pretty tough...

As for me, I'll play those 60 days and if it's really worth it then I'll stay with it.

IronKnight
Jan 31, 2003, 10:53 PM
On 2003-01-31 18:50, Cedric_Greene wrote:

Um... how is GC in any way AT ALL superior to the Xbox? Pull up an Xbox spec sheet and put the GC's side by side with it.... GC is trounched in sheer technical power. I own all three consoles and love em all and I realize that each console has strengths and weaknesses :/ This thread is for people who HAVE AN XBOX and are thinking about getting PSO on XBOX. Is that so hard to understand? Anyways, I will be getting PSO Xbox on launch day so If anyone wants screenies just gimme a good server I can host em on. Danke.

Bloodberry
Jan 31, 2003, 11:05 PM
there's probably better options but if you can't find otherwise I can host them on my university account. ^_^

Chinotone
Feb 1, 2003, 12:29 AM
I voted for still thinking. I'm kind of dissapointed that they waited this long to announce it, and now that it's gonna be delayed to March. I loved PSO, and I like Live, but charging an additional fee for stuff that might not even be worth it, leaves me to wonder about getting it or not.

PhoenixStryker
Feb 1, 2003, 06:14 AM
I didn't see the vote option for, "No, it's rediculous to pay extra for an online service you've already payed for and will pay $10.00 a month in the future to keep". BTW, to that tird who said Xbox overheats, I played Halo 16 hours straight in co-op with a friend and had no problem. Quit being a fanboy.

Ness
Feb 1, 2003, 09:51 AM
I'm not getting it. I switch to Xbox PSo to AVOID paying two online subscriptions. (One for PSO GC and another for Xbox live). Now I will still have to pay two so I'm not getting it.

BeatZero
Feb 1, 2003, 09:58 AM
noy getting it, ive invested alot in GC so no

RavenTW
Feb 1, 2003, 10:09 AM
Ahem...http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2909988,00.html

Heheh, sorry guys.

EVILAdam
Feb 1, 2003, 02:17 PM
dag 9 bucks a month what are they thinking isnt that a bit pricey?

micah1500
Feb 1, 2003, 02:23 PM
i will pay for pso if i had a cc but i dont my mom will not let me use hers will pso make pre pay cards the will be sweet if thay did

Blenjar
Feb 1, 2003, 02:26 PM
http://www.gamers.com/news/1307871/
http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4068
http://www.xbox.com/pso2/
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2909988,00.html

fees

Streen
Feb 1, 2003, 03:12 PM
I will likely play my 2 free monthes of hunters license and then tell microsoft where they can stick their 8.95 per month. now correct me if i am wrong, i was under the impression that the original hunter's license fees were to handle maintenance and security costs and the xbox live fee is to handle maqintanence and security costs of using their online system...so is microsoft in charge of the servers or sega....and why is microsofts version of pso the only version in which you can only play people from your region (i.e. North America, Japan , Europe or Australia. I am just strongly disillusioned here. thanks microsoft for being craptastic

hollowtip
Feb 1, 2003, 06:54 PM
This is very disappointing news. I was really looking foward to Box PSO, but now the fat lady has sung. It's over for me and PSO for a very long time. With all the promises of downloadable quests in the abundance that Sonic Team claims to be making for the game is pure and utter bullshit. For all this money that many GC PSO'ers are shelling out I don't see how anyone could be satisfied with the service Sonic Team is providing.

$180 for a whole year to play the game in the manner it was meant to be played.

PSO isn't that great of a game to cough up this much money, and I don't see how this pricing system could coax new people into the online world. PSO isn't a fucking MMORPG, there isn't a persistent world and the story doesn't change.

IronKnight
Feb 1, 2003, 10:22 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself... But I'll give them a chance. I'll play for 3 months, get it out of my system, and then move onto Star Wars Galaxies... I really don't get SEGA they charge as much as PC MMORPGs for a 4 player beat em up :/