PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Download content

Mike
Sep 4, 2008, 04:43 AM
New download mission coming September 11. Details follow:

Annihilation Mission: Scrap Ghost I (story mode)

Disposed machinery at a GRM managed scrap heap are running amuck. The purpose is unclear but it is the work of a terrorist. Special explosives have also been set up and if you make one wrong move it could turn in to a huge tragedy. Bring the situation under control as fast as possible!

https://sega-pspdl.jp/pc/dlmission/

I hope these missions gives me photon crystals cause until the PS3 gets PSP tunneling abilities or I make friends when someone who has PSP, I'm not going to be able to get any.

EspioKaos
Sep 4, 2008, 08:56 AM
https://sega-pspdl.jp/pc/dlmission/

"Scrap Ghost I"
Single-player extermination mission (story mode only)
The machinery in a GRM run scrap processing facility are running out of control! The purpose of this terrorist attack is unknown. Furthermore, bombs have been placed throughout the facility, so making one wrong move could spell disaster. Regain control of the plant immediately!

Kizeragi
Sep 4, 2008, 09:11 AM
Sounds cool. Just gotta wait for the 11th.
Wonder if anything new will drop.

Illuminate
Sep 4, 2008, 09:21 AM
Robots. -.-

EspioKaos
Sep 4, 2008, 10:52 AM
Oops. I just now noticed that Mike had already posted this earlier this morning. My mistake! ^^; (Topic merge, I guess.)

Mike
Sep 4, 2008, 06:02 PM
My translation doesn't sound nearly as good though...

Saligun
Sep 4, 2008, 07:03 PM
How ironic a mission involing terrorist and bombs and ruins.released on 9/11.

Chimeria
Sep 4, 2008, 09:45 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. lol. So it's only one quest this month?

Zarode
Sep 4, 2008, 10:03 PM
Wow, I didn't think of it like that.

9/11 and all.

I would say that is clever, but it's a pretty low blow, if you ask me.

^ HAVING AN OPINION ON THIS MEANS KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. IT'S A TOUCHY SUBJECT, CHILDREN.^

I can't believe our members, honestly.

.newzero
Sep 5, 2008, 09:04 AM

9/11 and all.

oh you mean the national holiday in the islamic states? or do you mean the successfull operation run by the US government?

Zarode
Sep 5, 2008, 12:51 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5944/emottinfoilig6.gif

WONDERFUL, I'M GLAD YOU THINK THAT.

I'd love to see this topic locked over something so trivial. I keep forgetting that being American is the worst thing to be, outside of America.

D14BL0
Sep 5, 2008, 01:21 PM

9/11 and all.

^ HAVING AN OPINION ON THIS MEANS KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. IT'S A TOUCHY SUBJECT, CHILDREN.^

I can't believe our members, honestly.

WONDERFUL, I'M GLAD YOU THINK THAT.

I'd love to see this topic locked over something so trivial. I keep forgetting that being American is the worst thing to be, outside of America.

If you're offended (which you seem to be the only one), then don't read the thread anymore. And don't call the rest of us children, you're the one who's overreacting like a child over something you can just as easily ignore.

As you said, "keep it to yourself".

eternal007
Sep 5, 2008, 10:42 PM
is this a new map or old?

.newzero
Sep 6, 2008, 03:16 AM
I keep forgetting that being American is the worst thing to be, outside of America.

yup ;) somehow it is true D: but in case you didn't knew the US government and some of the large US oil companys played a huge role in that "act of terrorism"

politics aside...

finally a new mission which needs to be completed :D but I don't like robots ;_;

Keiko_Seisha
Sep 6, 2008, 06:12 AM
ITT we overreact and overthink things dealing with a video game from Japan (of all places).

---

That aside, good to know. Though, I haven't played my copy in a bit.

Edit: Lol typos, let's point them out and make ourselves seem cool.

Callous
Sep 7, 2008, 07:10 AM
Japan is a person now?

Dragwind
Sep 7, 2008, 05:52 PM
If you want to rant about the day chosen to release the update-

Rant here, not in this thread.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Keep this on-topic about the update itself, please.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Sep 7, 2008, 06:38 PM

9/11 and all.

I can't believe our members, honestly.Firstly the game is released in Japan only secondly the world does not revolve around America.

Mysterious-G
Sep 8, 2008, 01:15 AM
What they want with this update is to make people remember of that awful day in history.
I know that they make alot resemblences to history in their games.
Just take the Illuminus as an example, Karl F. Howzer and Helga both are German names, and you can guess that they share some similiarities with the Nazis.

Of course you can take this date as a crude joke, but 09/11/2001 happened, and I don't think that we should forget about it. Could we even?
Do you think they want to provoke you? I think it is good that they make people remember. If we would forget about it, things only would repeat themselves.

Well, enough of that. :roll:

thematesV2
Sep 8, 2008, 09:25 AM
things will repeat even if we do remember. we remember the wars of Camelot, and yet kings still go on mundane quests looking for holy stuff......condeming other cultures and laying waste to other beliefs...

anyhow, Just got my psp and PS:P, so i'm ready to rock it out! 9/11 download mission or not!

has anyone found any drop charts on this mission at all?

Chibi_psu
Sep 8, 2008, 10:28 AM
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/__icsFiles/artimage/2008/09/08/pc_fc_n_gn/v.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/__icsFiles/artimage/2008/09/08/pc_fc_n_gn/q.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/__icsFiles/artimage/2008/09/08/pc_fc_n_gn/f.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1217890_1124.html

It seems there will be another update this month?(google translate doesnt help at all lol)

EspioKaos
Sep 8, 2008, 10:37 AM
It seems there will be another update this month?(google translate doesnt help at all lol)
Correct. Says that the fourth set of download missions will be released in the last third of this month, so I think it's safe to say September 25. It'll likely be the continuation of this mission, so I'd expect "Scrap Ghost II" or something like that.

Akaimizu
Sep 8, 2008, 04:39 PM
4th set? Hmm. Looks like I'm a bit behind on downloading those extras. I think I still have just the first download set.

Mike
Sep 8, 2008, 05:18 PM
They all come in one package so you download the old missions when you download the new ones. Level 110 machines, eh? Sounds like a challenge :)

D14BL0
Sep 9, 2008, 03:47 PM
With level 110 mobs, I wonder if this means that the player level cap is going to be raised, as well.

D14BL0
Sep 11, 2008, 12:33 AM
It's available for download now.

And no, level cap has not been raised in this update.

EDIT: Holy crap, the mobs can actually put up a fight now.

EDIT: Argh, I can't figure out what to do. This stupid cannon spawns and completely rapes me on sight.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT COME ON.

EDIT: FUCKING CANNON CHANGED ITS MIND ASFASFASUGFAEWUGY;ASGU FUCK YOU SEGA.

EDIT: Holy shitballs, there is now way anybody can solo this without stabbing themselves in the eyes.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 11, 2008, 02:08 AM
Just downloaded and played this. You get points based on time, and based on how many of the trapped rooms you clear in time (30 sec).

My reward for A (250 for time, 500 for two trap rooms) was...

one Photon Crystal.

So now solo players have a way to get Photon Crystals. In addition, I got a Blackheart from the boxes my first run. Nothing my second.

Mike
Sep 11, 2008, 02:37 AM
Sweet. This is going to keep me up all night (or at least until I get enough crystals for both the Lavis items.

Edit: Good lord, how do you clear those rooms? I get how the other traps work but I can't clear out any rooms before the bombs drop.

Pandarino
Sep 11, 2008, 05:50 AM
I can clear the rooms in block 2 and 4 within the time limit (so I get A rank most of the times) but can anyone clear the room in block 3 within the time limit? I wonder what is the S rank reward

I think a lot depends on the class you choose, I am playing as an Acromaster.

Untill now in the final boxes I found:

- Hoshigami
- Blackheart
- Grand Cross
- Gurre Asteddu

And from the enemies:

Shigga Desta
Ebrozike
Huge Cutter

Mike
Sep 11, 2008, 06:46 AM
The third block is certainly the hardest. I must be doing something wrong though. The best I've ever gotten is a B. This is certainly frustrating.

D14BL0
Sep 11, 2008, 06:48 AM
The third block is certainly the hardest. I must be doing something wrong though. The best I've ever gotten is a B. This is certainly frustrating.

It's frustrating because this is the first time that the game actually got hard, now that the mobs are at your level, and the traps are batshit insane.

Mike
Sep 11, 2008, 07:05 AM
It's frustrating because this is the first time that the game actually got hard, now that the mobs are at your level, and the traps are batshit insane.
The traps are pretty meh. It's getting the mobs dead in thirty seconds that's the hard part. The time for an S is 5'15" too so you've got to be fast. Le sigh. I've got to figure out a better way to clear out the block 2 room.

Edit: It's down to the wire but I figured out how to get As. No element enemies take more damage from light bullets than ground bullets.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 11, 2008, 09:31 AM
By the way all you get for S ranking it is the same one photon crystal. I busted my ass to S rank it too! >.<

D14BL0
Sep 12, 2008, 12:58 PM
By the way all you get for S ranking it is the same one photon crystal. I busted my ass to S rank it too! >.<

LAAAAAAAME

Also, the block 2 is the hardest one to do. I've yet to actually clear that one in time.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 12, 2008, 01:00 PM
The traps are pretty meh. It's getting the mobs dead in thirty seconds that's the hard part. The time for an S is 5'15" too so you've got to be fast. Le sigh. I've got to figure out a better way to clear out the block 2 room.

Edit: It's down to the wire but I figured out how to get As. No element enemies take more damage from light bullets than ground bullets.

Actually, neutral enemies take the same damage from any element. The reason you're thinking they take more from Light is because only one of the humanoid enemies on this level is actually neutral. Sparda and Vobis (Sword and Grenade) are both dark element.

Akaimizu
Sep 12, 2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah. I noticed that, even in the full game. My stronger elemental bullets hit neutral folks nearly as good as if they were opposite element. It certainly doesn't pay for them to be neutral.

Mike
Sep 12, 2008, 07:20 PM
It could be that the number that shows up on top is just in the lower range of those done by my shotgun. But it doesn't matter since I've gotten things down.

pikachief
Sep 12, 2008, 08:33 PM
aaahhh photon crystals!!

and i still cant find my PSP T_T lol

pikachief
Sep 13, 2008, 01:34 PM
i've gotten A and B for about the same times, is rank dependent on how many 30 sec. rooms u can clear? cuz i finally got the room with the grenadiers down lol it was annoying cuz they keep throwing me around >.<

i still cant get the one with the guys with swords tho :/

Amherst_Wind
Sep 13, 2008, 03:34 PM
Rank is done in 4 quarters, 750 points are the 30 second rooms, the last 250 points are overall time.

So to get an A rank and a Photon Crystal you can lose in one of the 30 second rooms as long as you beat the overall total time. Alternatively take however long you like as long as you clear all 3 30 second rooms.

xianten
Sep 14, 2008, 03:28 AM
i walk into instant death lasers

Akaimizu
Sep 14, 2008, 03:35 AM
I finally downloaded the update on Friday. Not bad. However, I first played it at only around level 50. Doing pretty good for being just a 50 and just barely getting my start on obtaining the high-grade weapons. The experience bonus you get, playing it, seems like full game secret mission levels. Talk about leveling like crazy. Still, I like it. It gives me even more incentive to take the time and finish leveling my character. I really want to take these on topped-off.

I also feel that this is a good balance for the PSP. Playing this just reminds me that it's always better to keep a good selection of levels with strong monsters (no matter who's going after them) no matter what point in time the game exists. Even the end-game is satisfactory if there's still some levels that are exhilarating and give you *skin of your teeth* moments. Almost reminds me of my earlier Guntecher times on the full game. All the times when your in deadly situations, just survive the situation, and all you can say is, "Wooo!" Especially in the old days using all those high speed guns and it seemed like every monster wanted you, and only you.

I also got the instant death lasers. But you really can't blame yourself for getting smacked by them, the first time. I mean, after so many times playing PSU and walking through lasers that only hit you for little damage; you figure since I can't destroy these turrets, I guess I walk through them like normal. Boom! Hmm. Guess I need to find a way to turn them off, then. :)

Still, I'm inclined to want to wait a bit more before I play these levels. I kind of feel that playing these levels (even with the much faster PA levelling in PSP) that my character leveling in them would go a bit too quickly compared to my class/PA leveling speed.

pikachief
Sep 14, 2008, 06:02 PM
hmm thats ood :/ when i see the lasers i also see 2 other paths with teleporters!

now y would i run on ahead when there are 2 other paths to take first? :wacko:

so i take the other 2 paths ^^ i never even thought of going through the lasers before as they seemed like the kill lasers from eggs thieves :)

Akaimizu
Sep 14, 2008, 06:22 PM
Numeric order. The urge to finish what's in Area 1 before you do Area 2 and Area 3, since the teleporters mark going to those :) But seriously, just testing the waters when there really isn't any loss doing so.

pikachief
Sep 14, 2008, 07:55 PM
ahh yes, and i can see exactly y people would try the lasers first, curiosity and then just wanting to see if u can make it :D

i guess my PSU senses just kicked in lol

Mike
Sep 14, 2008, 08:49 PM
I tried to shoot the lasers to see if I could break them but running in to them was not the first thing that came to mind.

Callous
Sep 15, 2008, 05:30 AM
How the fuck are you guys getting A and S on this thing. I've tried dual handguns, meleeing, a kaiser crossbow and god knows what else. Not even CLOSE. Tactics, please!

Pandarino
Sep 15, 2008, 10:11 AM
This works for Acromasters:

1)Buff yoursef with Megistar or anything else
2)Use your best Shadog (Preta,Opa Opa etc.)+ Saber/Monodagger doing just attacks using normal strike+the first part of the PA

This makes the timed room in block 3 very easy. In the other 2 rooms you don't have seconds to waste...but you can make it.( for me is 2 runs out of 3)

I am curious about other strategies as well!

Amherst_Wind
Sep 15, 2008, 12:22 PM
This works for Acromasters:

1)Buff yoursef with Megistar or anything else
2)Use your best Shadog (Preta,Opa Opa etc.)+ Saber/Monodagger doing just attacks using normal strike+the first part of the PA

I thought of using Opa-Opa but it just pushed enemies out of my combo range so it didnt really work.
I used Lavis Cannon with Spinning Strike and an Ice Tenora RCSM (mainly for the freezing), thats what I used to clear the Spada / Robot bomb room and it worked.
You have to dodge a lot in the bomb rooms cause if you get blown away once or twice you wont make it in time.

Pandarino
Sep 15, 2008, 06:09 PM
The ice RCSM is a nice idea, Iwill try it out!
yeah sometimes Opa Opa pushes them away.but if you canmanage to push them against the wall it's not bad.

I am using Opa-Opa (gotta try ice shadog)+ Lavis cannon (gravity strike) and lightning Preta+Halph Seraphi(buten shourenzan)

Mike
Sep 15, 2008, 07:33 PM
Hidden room in block 3? What is this?

D14BL0
Sep 15, 2008, 09:04 PM
Hidden rooms? How do you access them? I've never seen anything that looked like a hidden area.

mvffin
Sep 15, 2008, 10:15 PM
I can't clear the dam robot rooms in time. The one with just Vobis was cake, I just Yak Maga them to death. They usually don't get a shot off. I still can't figure out what guns to use on the robots to kill them fast enough. Y_Y

Pandarino
Sep 16, 2008, 01:21 AM
Hidden room in block 3? What is this?

sorry guys, I meant the timed room you have to clear in 30 seconds, didn't want to confuse you >_<