PDA

View Full Version : GC: Fast Chat?

Clef
Jan 31, 2003, 03:45 AM
Picked up a modem adapter today and finally got online with pso. Was great fun, even gained a few levels pretty quickly, however, I can't type for crap with the damn controller, heh. Everyone I played with either has a lot of shortcuts, a keyboard, or they're just damn fast. So what I wanted to know was how does everyone online type so fast?

Also, how do you shortcut the symbol chat, if you can that is?

BTW, I didn't experience any of these fsod's I've read so much about, although I did get disconnected several times, but didn't get corrupted or lose any of my unequipped items.

Clef
Zoe - LvL 88 fonewearl - skyly id

rbf2000
Jan 31, 2003, 03:48 AM
I just try to use the word select...

Celestial
Jan 31, 2003, 04:24 AM
On 2003-01-31 00:45, Clef wrote:
Also, how do you shortcut the symbol chat, if you can that is?

push Y then X 2 times

CajunSamurai
Jan 31, 2003, 04:30 AM
Most likely, if someone is firing out messages one after another without repeating, they have a keyboard. Lucky BASTAR- er, lucky people! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Otherwise, they probably do like most of us and shortcut lots of (hopefully) useful stuff.

fyrewyre
Jan 31, 2003, 11:22 AM
I find thumb excersies much easier.

Mike
Jan 31, 2003, 11:36 AM
I'm getting quicker with the soft keyboard but word select can be used for most situations.

GandorDurin
Jan 31, 2003, 12:34 PM
Heh, I'm one of those fast-typing bastards.

When I'm spewing worthless dribble directly from my brain, I can probably peak at 200 words a minute. (This isn't a competition and I'm sorry if that makes it seem that way, I'm just stating a nearly useless opinionated "fact".)

I love typing, and yes I put in as many "fluff" words as I possibly can. I've already gotten used to the smaller keys on the GC Ascii keyboards, but those dang punctuation marks are a real pain the kaputski. Because of my English major brother, I'm hard-pressed to be "Grammatically Correct," and yes I know I'm nowhere near perfect. Run-ons and fragments out the ying-yang.

At least I usually get my message across, even if it is to make people wonder why I even bother posting...

Anywho, I've been typing since I was like 5...Or whenever my Dad got our old old Apple IIe. I've never dared to put it in any list of hobbies...Yet.

Hmm that reminds me, I have a two-page persuasive essay on a hobby of mine due on Monday...I found my topic! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Okay that's enough for me, I'm flooding this topic a bit too much. So in summary...Keyboards rule!