PDA

View Full Version : A "ban" is forever, SEGA is giving hackers "detention". BAH.

RufuSwho
Sep 5, 2008, 11:02 AM
This may indeed be related to a similar post on this topic, don't care.

Why, please tell me why!, the people that get banned from PSU can just email SEGA and get their account back.

Screw that.

If you are a lousy, no-good hacker who needs to cheat at a game as SIMPLE as PSU (in the process F-ING up the economy for the rest of us) then I ask you to please find a wheelbarrow full of dicks and f*** yourself.

McLaughlin
Sep 5, 2008, 11:12 AM
That's not really how it works. You send in a support ticket, they check over your account, and if they find you actually didn't do anything wrong (like in my case), they'll unban you. If they see you actually were cheating, you'll look like a bigger ass than you did before.

I don't even understand why this is being brought up half a year after the whole debacle. :/

Kylie
Sep 5, 2008, 11:15 AM
A lot of people have been banned and allowed back, and some of them have proved that they never hacked. It especially happened back in the day when the economy was really out of control and such, but I also know of people that have hacked and were allowed back (or people that have never been banned and hack). I think the people that do the unbanning have little faith in the people that do the banning because they have been proven to make mistakes, or they don't have faith in their selves if the same people do both. I've also seen them stick with the most ridiculous bans too though, so I don't know. Maybe it depends on who answers your ticket.

Powder Keg
Sep 5, 2008, 11:36 AM
As long as they didn't do anything totally game-breaking like mass duping grinders or stealing from player shops, I don't really mind.

I'll never forget when the PC/PS2 economy was at the point where the value or a Ray-Photon almost matched that of a Sori-Senba.

RufuSwho
Sep 5, 2008, 11:53 AM
somehow, this guy convinced the ticket reveiwer that his 20+ stacks of S+10 were legit because he bought them at 1 meseta from other players' shops

fact is he duped them all, got banned, then un-banned, and is now laughing at SEGA for being so gullible

you don't hear me laughing

Seority
Sep 6, 2008, 10:29 AM
Segar needs monieeees! $$$

SabZero
Sep 6, 2008, 12:19 PM
somehow, this guy convinced the ticket reveiwer that his 20+ stacks of S+10 were legit because he bought them at 1 meseta from other players' shops

fact is he duped them all, got banned, then un-banned, and is now laughing at SEGA for being so gullible

you don't hear me laughing

This. :no:

ShikiMSHTS
Sep 7, 2008, 12:46 AM
As long as they didn't do anything totally game-breaking like mass duping grinders or stealing from player shops, I don't really mind.

I'll never forget when the PC/PS2 economy was at the point where the value or a Ray-Photon almost matched that of a Sori-Senba.

How did that ever happen anyway? You'd think with stupid amounts of duping photons, which were prior to that incident barely worth their NPC price... that the price would drop to nothing instead of inflating to bloody hell D:

Powder Keg
Sep 7, 2008, 01:55 AM
I don't think Photons were ever duped, only meseta. If they were, it didn't last that long and all the meseta was left and made just about everything unaffordable until 1up cup and other things started bringing the game's economy back down to earth.

Blitzkommando
Sep 7, 2008, 04:15 AM
If the person is willing to argue back to Sega in order to continue to pay them money each month and there is any question of doubt that they broke the rules then of course Sega will welcome them back with open arms. They're there to make money. Considering how utterly low the PSU population is in comparison to their past experiences with PSO it's hardly surprising that they are welcoming back people.

I mean, really, if a person messages you up, or calls you up, or what have you to insist on paying you money for you to sit there putting out the occasional patch would you turn them down if they weren't all that bothersome in the first place?

ShinMaruku
Sep 7, 2008, 01:45 PM
I put PSU supporters and lovers of Koei games, you brought this on yourselves.

Sekani
Sep 8, 2008, 09:22 AM
Reminds me of a certain person who admitted to grinder glitching, got banned, whined, whined, whined some more, got his account reinstated, got busted cheating on the first time attack, and his account remains active to this day.

I guess the GMs have a **** fetish too.