PDA

View Full Version : Officaly Unnoffical Spore thread.

W0LB0T
Sep 5, 2008, 12:46 PM
I didn't see any other Spore threads so i took it apon my self to make one ( most likely due to the fact this dosent come out in the states untill the 7th)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=185&pictureid=4312
Its a Chux! and it dosent afarid of anything.
I picked up the galactic edition yesterday, and i must say I'm having fun with it. Ive made it through the cell stage, it was simple but fun. but i haven't played it enough to give my final judgement. I gotta wait till ive played through all the stages.

But ive had a good look at the bonuses that came with it. There is a fair sized poster that looks good. Its definetly going on my wall, just becasue i need more posters. The artbook was kinda cool. but there isn't that many concept sketches, mostly just stuff they have created. my favorite stuff is the star wars esque spaceships in the back of the book. Lastly there is a making of DVD. It was 27 or so minutes long. to me it felt like just one big ad for the game, but that is what most of those making of videos are like. when I fist saw the box I was hoping it was glow in the dark but its not.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=185&pictureid=4311
Rock it! car

beatrixkiddo
Sep 5, 2008, 09:03 PM
Wut, a game the USA isn't getting before Europe? Blasphemy.

I finally got around to installing my paid copy of the demo earlier this week, but there isn't a whole lot you can do with just the creature creator, unless you really like cock monsters.

Solstis
Sep 5, 2008, 10:32 PM
I think I need to upgrade to Leopard to play Spore on my Mac.

Cruel world!

Tetsaru
Sep 6, 2008, 12:14 PM
I'm looking forward to getting the full version of this game. Being able to make and customize your own stuff is one of my favorite things to do in a video game. Create-a-Soul in Soul Calibur IV, the various creation modes in the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, the gummi ships in Kingdom Hearts - I love that kind of stuff.

Btw, the Gigamoo in my signature is one of my bizarre Spore creations. :3

Sord
Sep 7, 2008, 04:11 PM
hope the gameplay is good, because they released the creator so early I've burned myself out on it already.

Moo2u
Sep 7, 2008, 06:28 PM
I hear the game doesn't really live up to the hype, but when a game is listed as the "best game eva!!1" you tend to prep yourself for such hyperbole.

All in all, I think it looks like an amazing experience, and being one of those gamers who love to create, I'll most definitely be picking it up for my Mac.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 7, 2008, 10:37 PM
hope the gameplay is good, because they released the creator so early I've burned myself out on it already.

The creator is nothing like the real game, since in the real game you have to budget DNA points to build your creature, you have to unlock all the non-base parts, and your restricted by your food diet, as well as other things.

It's fun, I've just hit the Space mode and it looks like there's a whole lot to do at this mode (fitting since it's the final one), I just hope that the game doesn't walk you through the whole way on your second or third go through... kind of took the fun out of it when my hand is being held the whole way.

Leviathan
Sep 7, 2008, 11:07 PM
My little brother will get this for his birthday.

Too bad all my creations end up scary as hell. :disapprove:

Moo2u
Sep 9, 2008, 12:15 AM
Scary as hell is good, Lev.

Mine just end up being weird. In the real work, natural selection would have weeded out these freaks in a matter of seconds...

Shattered_weasel
Sep 9, 2008, 12:43 AM
Man was this game a load of shit. Easy game play. Same thing over and over and over. My god I wanted to kill myself.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 9, 2008, 11:50 AM
My stuff is pretty normal I suppose... and I always want to make my creatures walk upright before tribal stage, because otherwise it just seems weird D:

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/beatrixkidd0

And I made a Sporecast of some PSO monsters if anyone cares to subscribe to it. Was pretty amusing having Pal Rappies steal my food ;o

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500032253229

Sord
Sep 9, 2008, 05:11 PM
For those of you who have played it, how is the vehicle creation in this game? Is it just as creative as monsters, or is it far more limited?

beatrixkiddo
Sep 9, 2008, 08:50 PM
For functional vehicles, it's pretty simple. You don't really even need to make it WORK, the only thing that it needs are tires (increase speed), bling/weapons/religious voodoo (increases Trade/Combat/Religion efficiency), and plating (increases health). The way vehicles work is the 3 are balanced. So if you have 50% Trade, 25% Speed, 25% Health, you'll have a vehicle balanced in that way. Adding more tires would make it faster, but at the expense of Health and Trade.

That applies for Civilization stage Land Vehicles, Sea Vehicles, and Air Vehicles.

For your spaceship, it's entirely aesthetic, so you can go nuts and just make whatever you want (including a flying phonebooth a la Bill and Ted!)