PDA

View Full Version : About blardy time!

Abaddon
Jan 31, 2003, 07:32 AM
*Sigh* Jeez Australia is slow.

I remember over a year ago them US folk on this forum were going on about Cowboy Bebop being on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, and it wasnt playing for us down here.

NOW the Cartoon Network down ehre is getting Cowboy Bebop, Bubblegum Crisis and Gasaraki! After over a years difference! Grr thats annoying...but my saving grace is that I got hte dvd's of them anyway ^_^

Is any other region yet to receive this on tv?

Deathscythealpha
Jan 31, 2003, 08:19 AM
The UK got Cowboy bebop about 4 months ago on Cartoon Networks spin off channel, CNX. Bloody good series.

But were not getting Bubblegum Crises or Gasaraki anytime soon, CNX seems to think that after theyve gone through an entire series about 8 times people are still going to watch it everynight. CB was good, but i want something new! And i also want them to hurry up with 'Knocking On Heavens Door' (then CB movie), i want to knw what happened after the final episode (unless the movie is a compilation of the series).

Celestial
Jan 31, 2003, 03:29 PM
On 2003-01-31 05:19, Deathscythealpha wrote:

But were not getting Bubblegum Crises or Gasaraki anytime soon, CNX seems to think that after theyve gone through an entire series about 8 times people are still going to watch it everynight.

*cough* DBZ *cough*

hey at least you get Bubblegum crises we dont get that on CN here... have to turn it to the STARZ action channel to get that ^_^

Ian D
Jan 31, 2003, 04:46 PM
Yeah, Action Channel has good stuff every Friday at Midnight(EST). Tonight I'll probably watch Serial Experiments Lain on TechTV.

Tryce
Jan 31, 2003, 05:38 PM
In the US I don't ever recall seeing Bubblegum Crisis 2024 or any other bubblegum crisis on Cartoon Network o_O, I heard I think it was in Germany or UK if they have cartoon network or sci-fi that they played the Evangelion series. I think they should bring Samurai X here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Ness
Jan 31, 2003, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing bubblegum crisis here in the US. I heard that .hack is coming to cartoon network.

Neo-Zenji
Jan 31, 2003, 06:04 PM
yeah it really does suck I waited awhile for it from hearin it from people on other forums that it was on the adult swim I eventually gave up the wait and bought the whole series on DVD.

Abaddon
Jan 31, 2003, 08:09 PM
And i also want them to hurry up with 'Knocking On Heavens Door' (then CB movie), i want to knw what happened after the final episode (unless the movie is a compilation of the series).

As for the movie, it is a stand alone movie. It's just like 3 episodes melded together of something completely knew with the whole CB gang. I found it to be quite good, but it doesnt explain anything about what happened after the final episode of CB

Is KNocking on Heavens Door a nother episode, series or movie?

Kent
Jan 31, 2003, 11:17 PM
I don't know about Bubblegum Crisis or Gasaraki, but .hack//SIGN is starting tomorrow (Saturday http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) at 3 PM EST.

CajunSamurai
Feb 1, 2003, 01:04 AM
On 2003-01-31 17:09, Abaddon wrote:

And i also want them to hurry up with 'Knocking On Heavens Door' (then CB movie), i want to knw what happened after the final episode (unless the movie is a compilation of the series).

As for the movie, it is a stand alone movie. It's just like 3 episodes melded together of something completely knew with the whole CB gang. I found it to be quite good, but it doesnt explain anything about what happened after the final episode of CB

Is KNocking on Heavens Door a nother episode, series or movie?

Knocking on Heaven's Door is the movie. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Fantastic one, I might add. It was supposed to be released on DVD almost a friggin' year ago, jeez...

Neo-Zenji
Feb 1, 2003, 01:08 AM
Well both the movie and the series were very good I thought hellsing was kinda better though

CajunSamurai
Feb 1, 2003, 01:13 AM
On 2003-01-31 22:08, Neo-Zenji wrote:
Well both the movie and the series were very good I thought hellsing was kinda better though

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif Please explain this anomaly.

Abaddon
Feb 1, 2003, 08:24 AM
Hellsing was alright, but i dont feel it was better than CB.

Just my two cents ^_^

Deathscythealpha
Feb 1, 2003, 12:22 PM
On 2003-01-31 14:38, Tryce wrote:
In the US I don't ever recall seeing Bubblegum Crisis 2024 or any other bubblegum crisis on Cartoon Network o_O, I heard I think it was in Germany or UK if they have cartoon network or sci-fi that they played the Evangelion series. I think they should bring Samurai X here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Scifi recentaly played the entire series of Evangelion, Nadesico and Blue Gender over here in the uk, all three series were brilliant (has anyone ele actually seen Blue Gender? Never hear anyone mention it).

They also played Bubblegum Crash about a year ago, and the dubbing on that was incredibly cheesy, but after watching the first Bubblegum Crisis, id have to say the dubbing on that was bad aswell. Priss' songs sounded so much better in japanese.