PDA

View Full Version : Overused jokes.

SStrikerR
Sep 5, 2008, 08:01 PM
This rant is very short, but it's about something so fucking annoying to me. =/
No matter how many times you say these, they aren't funny anymore.

This is BARTAAAAAA!
Your mom!
Ah damn there's another one I was thinking of as well...anyway damn, people never realize that they aren't funny after the 14783658th time people have heard them.

Sidney
Sep 5, 2008, 08:38 PM
I feel you! I'm especially sick of "your mom". I'm also sick of people saying "PWNED" after they say a really lame/unfunny 'burn'. ^^;

AlexCraig
Sep 5, 2008, 08:44 PM
I remember kicking a kid's ass one time back in 4th grade for saying "Your mom" to me.

Weeaboolits
Sep 5, 2008, 08:57 PM
Your mother's face is old and casts a basic ice technique in a certain greek city.

afterthoughtz
Sep 5, 2008, 09:39 PM
Just reading the title, i was gonna come in here and post anything with your mom jokes. But i can see that i'm not the only one that is starting to hate these.

Syl
Sep 5, 2008, 09:39 PM
The fact that their not a serious remark is what makes them funny because well... they aren't serious (and if they are... oh god).

thunder-ray
Sep 5, 2008, 10:24 PM
I remember kicking a kid's ass one time back in 4th grade for saying "Your mom" to me.I did the same thing too

pikachief
Sep 5, 2008, 10:40 PM
i also herd u liek mudkipz

Solstis
Sep 5, 2008, 10:42 PM
One cannot simply walk into Mordor.

Actually, no that one's still funny.

thunder-ray
Sep 5, 2008, 10:44 PM
i also herd u liek mudkipzITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!

leblancdiaz
Sep 6, 2008, 01:21 AM
One cannot simply walk into Mordor.

Actually, no that one's still funny.

One does not simply shoop da whoop into Mordor

That aside think of WoW and the barrens chat, theres the your mom jokes, chuck norris jokes, murlock jokes, **** jokes, I could go on

Matic
Sep 6, 2008, 07:20 AM
"That's what she said!"

drizzle
Sep 6, 2008, 09:00 AM
Your mom's overused. Over nine thousand times.

Seority
Sep 6, 2008, 10:24 AM
That's what makes them classics.
^^

I like "Your face" better.

BlackRose
Sep 7, 2008, 08:44 PM
least I got chicken...

Kylie
Sep 7, 2008, 08:52 PM
Well, it is pretty annoying when someone just spews out jokes without putting much thought into them, but placement makes all the difference. You know, you'll have someone set their self up for a "that's what she said" or something, and that can be stupidly funny. But it gets annoying for me when someone says something once and makes a shortcut out of it and uses it in the most random places, again and again. :nono: Be more creative.

Tessu
Sep 7, 2008, 08:54 PM
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

fuck damn shit ass someone beat me to it

Sekani
Sep 8, 2008, 09:14 AM
It's not the content, it's the delivery. Given the proper setup even something as lame as OVER 9000!! can be hilarious.

leblancdiaz
Sep 9, 2008, 07:58 PM
It's not the content, it's the delivery. Given the proper setup even something as lame as OVER 9000!! can be hilarious.

Truth be told on this one, anytime I mention over 9000 to a friend we burst out laughing, while my other friend gets slightly annoyed

Broodstar1337
Sep 10, 2008, 02:07 AM
Maybe if you guys went back to , you'd find more funny jokes you can drive into the ground.

In all seriousness, it's a vicious cycle. One guy comes up with a joke idea and everyone thinks it's funny as hell so they figure they'll repeat it to all their friends and everyone will laugh about it. The problem is the keyword "everyone", and if "everyone" is telling "everyone" they know their new SUPAR PHUNNIE JOEK, then "everyone" stops thinking new SUPAR PHUNNIE JOEK is new or funny.

Seriously, how many people were sick of "I'm Rick James, bitch" after the first week?

Kizeragi
Sep 10, 2008, 06:22 AM
One does not simply shoop da whoop into Mordor

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii76/Kizeragi/Lolwut/l_4f6116008d2df8fce0481dd392e68ddf.jpg

CelestialBlade
Sep 10, 2008, 11:56 AM
This.

And THIS IS BARTAAAAAAAA is still goddamn funny. The movie 300 is never, ever going to get old with me.

RufuSwho
Sep 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
your mom?

comon that's a classic. even if the novalty has worn thin for now, it will likely cycle back into your funny circle at some point

you need to use it after unrelated topics like:

"I'm going to the gas station. You want a taquito?"

"um, your mom wants a Taquito."

true its not that funny

your mom's not that funny either

The_Gio
Sep 10, 2008, 12:41 PM
your mom?

comon that's a classic. even if the novalty has worn thin for now, it will likely cycle back into your funny circle at some point

you need to use it after unrelated topics like:

"I'm going to the gas station. You want a taquito?"

"um, your mom wants a Taquito."

true its not that funny

your mom's not that funny either

well i think i can relate to it not being that funny after the 5th year of hearing a joke like this ^ ^ ^ or after anything i say. To me, its just funny when its inserted in something completely irrelevant . Like, "so i was walking down the street" and then someone says "your mom was walking down the street". Its just like >_>, <_<....ok.....then that akward silence where the person who said it feels stupid, it just makes me laugh..

UnderscoreX
Sep 10, 2008, 07:13 PM
That's what makes them classics.
^^

I like "Your face" better.

I like your mom's face better.

Seority
Sep 11, 2008, 02:34 AM
It's kinda like this.
"I keep getting f*ked!"
"That's what she said."
"That's what your mom said."
"YOUR FACE!"
"NO U"

^_^

RufuSwho
Sep 11, 2008, 01:32 PM
oh yeah, for added hilarity you can say "my Mom" instead.

this is often so confusing that that other person will stop talking to contemplate.

Mystic_Nessly
Sep 12, 2008, 08:09 PM
I never would have thought I'd be laughing so hard from all these jokes about old jokes. 8)

Oh and to add my "two cents," I'll say, by far, the most tiring "joke" is the "that's what she said" comment. I hear this over 5 times a day from people of all ages/genders in real life alone.

Seority
Sep 13, 2008, 02:31 AM
YOUR MOM'S A CAP-ADDICTED TROLL
>:)

Sharkyland
Sep 15, 2008, 11:13 PM
I guess I don't have a lot of friends who say those things to me... though I still don't see why it's funny. I am kinda sick of 'lol' being used at the wrong time, but I guess I'm just a serious type of guy not to mention old -.-.