PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Mode question.

agahnim
Jan 31, 2003, 08:57 AM
Hi there,

My question is, does the offline version of Challenge Mode use the same maps as the online version? I ask because I was hoping to get a little practice in before I take it online.

Wewt
Jan 31, 2003, 11:11 AM
They use the same maps.

I hope you're not going to practice by yourself, because you won't be able to get beyond the third room of the first stage.

DualHydra
Jan 31, 2003, 11:37 AM
ive been able to do challenge 1 bymyself offline i got up to the dragon but then...the 2nd character that wasnt doing anything died in 1 hit!!!! grrrrrr o well i guess next time i do it bymyeslf ill give the 2nd character all the def and hp mats i find

Mag_Launcher
Jan 31, 2003, 11:46 AM
Uh, here's a better solution: Have someone else actually control your second character, ever thought of that?

TeamPhalanx
Jan 31, 2003, 01:11 PM
Some of us don't know any people that play the game (or do, but those people aren't good enough for c-mode)

You can "practice" by yourself - I mean, you have to have at least 2 controller plugged in to start.

As for solo play, it's best to tag in and out. If you get hit, use the 2nd character to fight while you regenarate HP or TP. As long as that 2nd character is a HUnter, C1 is the only one you'll have to do this for.

The only difference between online & offline c-mode are the location of some switches during C3. They have to be different because you can't see them if they were in their online positions.

Wewt
Jan 31, 2003, 01:20 PM
On 2003-01-31 10:11, TeamPhalanx wrote:
The only difference between online & offline c-mode are the location of some switches during C3. They have to be different because you can't see them if they were in their online positions.

I never knew about this. Which ones are the ones that are different?

Zack_Morris
Jan 31, 2003, 01:40 PM
Are the S-rank weapons even worth all of the trouble of c-mode? Is it that hard to beat it in under 7 hours?

TeamPhalanx
Jan 31, 2003, 11:21 PM
You know the part during C3 where you have to hit four switches in order to open a door? (The door leads to the light-path) Well, remember that one switch is way high up in the room and the other one is under a rock over water. Both are barely visible in single player and you would not be able to see either in multiplayer thanks to the shrunken screen. One of the switches is just over the water and the other one has been relocated to be hiding in bushes.