PDA

View Full Version : GC: are any of you actually worried about cheating?

Trifluid
Jan 31, 2003, 11:21 AM
Seriouly.....Coruption...I know it's a drag.My level 90 HUcast named FOcast got corrupted after a FSOD.He may not have been one the "elite" high levels beyond the levels of 120 150 160 and so on.But he was my only caracter at the time.Which means he was carying every rare I had,and some very nice mags I raised for friends to use later. But let's just say the makers of a cheat device do manage to produce codes similar to DC. If PKing starts what do you have to lose? No one drops weapons anymore when you die. o_o and with cheats you could always remake your lost characters from corruption. FSOD has always been around on the gaming servers since ver.1 and I'm sure people remember CK and VK. I'm not a fan of cheating,so don't get the wrong idea...but if it stops me from pulling out all my hair and going nuts that I lost everything I had...well as we say in South Louisiana "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roule"

NoeGenisis
Jan 31, 2003, 12:44 PM
Course im worried about cheatin!!!! it sucks, it kills my game enjoyment and makes me want to throw consoles in the bin! (except X-boxes, to heavy to lift)lol

UMMON
Jan 31, 2003, 12:54 PM
Cheaters do suck, but I've found so many friends on PSO that don't cheat, so all the cheaters out there can just bite me, you haven't ruined my game yet.

I play the game on my own terms, and haven't had an unenjoyable night yet (unless you count that day I tried to hook up the BBA).

Tryce
Jan 31, 2003, 01:18 PM
On 2003-01-31 08:21, Trifluid wrote:

...well as we say in South Louisiana "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roule"

Do they really say that in SL? if so, what does it mean?

Trifluid
Jan 31, 2003, 02:44 PM
Acadian French.......and yeah we do say it =P it means Let the good times roll. It's a pretty old quote.Alot of bars used it.Its just a saying used basically to say...to hell with it all,enjoy life.

Blenjar
Jan 31, 2003, 02:54 PM
On 2003-01-31 10:18, Tryce wrote:

On 2003-01-31 08:21, Trifluid wrote:

...well as we say in South Louisiana "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roule"

Do they really say that in SL? if so, what does it mean?

It means leave good time roll. forget about the game, you got more to encounter in your life.

BeatZero
Jan 31, 2003, 03:31 PM
im not too worried although if i get fsod corruption i may resort to it to get somethings back. say what you will but i put alot of time into this game and to have to just start over would just plain suck arse

Celes152
Jan 31, 2003, 04:30 PM
I had a level 137,86,and 97 lost em all, but I would not cheat to get it back. If you enjoy the game enough you'll work hard to get back what you lost. There is no excuse for cheating, even if you lost everything.

Omikron
Feb 1, 2003, 02:04 AM
Bah, i don't care about people cheating as long as it's just stuff like duping, but what i do care about is things like CK, PK, NOL, password breaker and other atrocities of v.1, let's just hope hey never happen again. (though i somehow doubt that, it'll just take longer for it to re-emerge...)

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 1, 2003, 07:14 AM
I'm not worried one bit. I'll just go back to playing just challenge mode and full 4-player teams if people start to NOL/FSOD ;3

Vantamiath
Feb 1, 2003, 01:02 PM
As long as it doesnt get to out of hand...

Guile
Feb 1, 2003, 10:11 PM
Not worried at all

klepto
Feb 1, 2003, 11:55 PM
actually, just to see how what type of codes were gonna be available to screw up PSO, I went to google and searched for PSO action replay and gameshark codes. It turned up zero relevant results. It could just be because it's not been released and no ones had a chance to program for it.

Remnant
Feb 5, 2003, 12:41 AM
Why is it that people don't seem to understand...People on Version I didn't really PK people for weapons, in my case when I saw someone new join my game I usually unequiped my weapon or equipped a crap weapon off the ground, so why would they want to pk me? Well it's so freakin' fun, that's why! It was all about sport and the feeling, or maybe to "vent anger" one dumba$$ person told me. PKing was just fun, whether or not you get anything from it. Just think about the recognition, whether it be good or bad, the first few people who begin to PK will get, soon others will want to follow in their footsteps...prolly not, but what I'm saying is that people didn't really do it for the weapons, unless some idiot just happened to be walking around with a Heaven's punisher, C-Bringer's Rifle, Lavis Cannon in a room without a password. PKing was also used to just annoy others, to intimidate newbies, or get back at someone you dislike/hate, etc.