PDA

View Full Version : Tips For Photography/ Photoshop.

Leviathan
Sep 7, 2008, 11:11 PM
I wanna learn some photshop skills &photography.

I'd say I'm pretty ok with photography. I have a Sony Cybershot. <I can't afford anything else.>

&As for Photoshop skills. Well I have none. I have Macromedia Fireworks. <Watered down photoshop.> &A 30 Day Photoshop trial.

I know more about Photoshop than I do Fireworks.

AzureBlaze
Sep 8, 2008, 01:40 AM
What are you looking to do?
Take photos and then modify them with pshp? Create original art in pshp with just its tools? Use it on your PSU screenshots? Depending exactly what you're after will decide what tips people may be able to share.

I know that like 99% of phsps are torrented, but if you like the free trial period, going for Elements might be a good idea. Unlike pshp its actually affordable, you can get cool styles for it (also affordable--I bought them) There's some things it cant do (it is pshp-lite-like) but it's still pretty decent.

I hope you can get into art!

Candor
Sep 8, 2008, 02:37 AM
Well there's a few tutorials here (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66108) that may be helpful for you. there's also the video series You S*ck At Photoshop (http://www.mydamnchannel.com/Big_Fat_Brain/You_Suck_at_Photoshop/YouSuckatPhotoshop1_398.aspx), if not helpful it's at least good for a laugh.

As for any personal tips i can give, don't touch those filters no matter how shiny they look, no lens flare unless it's from your actual camera, and just play with the program for awhile, change all the settings so you learn what they do and you'll get the hang of it.

also

99% of phsps are torrentedhint hint

edit: also post your stuff here :D

qoxolg
Sep 8, 2008, 08:28 AM
As for Photoshop: Don't even think about touching the Filters, most of them suck, are useless and directly recognizable when used. The only filters I use are Gausian blur to soften harsh edges, Median Noise to make sloppy coloring look a bit more smooth.

To get better at photoshop: Use it! use it alot! Blending layers can do alot of magic, same goes for effect layers. Other than that simply rely on the tools you have in photoshop, see what they do, and use them smart. Most tools can be used for alot of different things.

For coloring, I only use the standard brush in photoshop.

And Photoshop or even the whole Creative suite CS3 is pretty cheap when you are a student.. I only paid around €350,- for the complete Design Premium CS3 suite, which normally would cost €2000+!

The only restriction on the student licence is that you can't use it professionally (make money by using it).