PDA

View Full Version : Ethan Waber will be the best NPC ?

Kadajenova
Sep 9, 2008, 04:19 AM
We will soon get chapter6 (prob this month) and we can see equipments of NPC on psupedia. Ethan has crea doubles with absolute dance (one of the best PA), hanzo with gravity break (nice PA too) and has HP restore lv2 ( that way u dont need to heal him). Which NPC so you think is the best ?

darkante
Sep 9, 2008, 08:55 AM
I feel that Tylor really can dish out a good amount of damage with his Blackheart weapon, plus his Nanoblast is invincibility.
And he can giresta at time so all in all, thatīs pretty nice for one NPC.

And PM 422 is not bad either, with itīs fast knuckles attacks and Sturm Buster SUV.
Healing is decent as well.

Also, status doesnīt always mean that they will dish out more dmg.
Their brain need to work as well lol

Those 2 do a better job at that, then most NPC.

We can only hope that Ethan can compare or is better then Tylor. D:

Dragwind
Sep 9, 2008, 10:41 AM
I'm not sure I'd call him the best personally, but sure seems more useful than Bruce in my opinion. :roll:

amtalx
Sep 9, 2008, 11:26 AM
Ethan is Ethan.

EOF

Anon_Fire
Sep 9, 2008, 11:44 AM
It's cool that he also has a DB Sword with Spinning Strike

Majarra
Sep 9, 2008, 05:42 PM
I have to agree with dark.

ashley50
Sep 10, 2008, 12:52 AM
Best NPCs are players found on random parties :)

pikachief
Sep 10, 2008, 12:55 AM
We will soon get chapter6 (prob this month) and we can see equipments of NPC on psupedia. Ethan has crea doubles with absolute dance (one of the best PA), hanzo with gravity break (nice PA too) and has HP restore lv2 ( that way u dont need to heal him). Which NPC so you think is the best ?

bruce definitely, just because he heals often. also he uses his PA quite often and does good damage.

darkante
Sep 10, 2008, 07:10 AM
Best NPCs are players found on random parties :)
Not really, they are filthy thieves as well. ;)
They will randomly steal stuff on the ground *coughes*. XD

Gen2000
Sep 10, 2008, 07:28 AM
NPC using Absolute Dance sucks or did you forget about Ash from MAG? I'm sure most did anyway they hardly anyone got him, guy must have been lonely.

Anyways, Ethan using Gravity Break is the only good quality but it depends.

Both Curtz and Bruce uses GB too, Curtz's GB is weaker than Bruce's but he'll use combo two. His SUV kinda sucks but since Hegal attacks in a sweeping formation it may get a hit or two.

Also Bruce heals quite a bit and for a lot of HP, almost up there with the 45x series of PMs. The fact that Bruce only uses sword (or uses it the majority of time, I seen it shoot a Foie or two but it's rare) means he always does his best move and not have to go through the "shifting through my weapons" process that some NPCs do.

In terms of pure damage Tylor seems absolute, he outdamages some of the randoms in uni2. He rarely heals which is kind of a good thing when pairing with a techer that means he's more focus on the killing. Also his Invincible Nanoblast does as much damage as Leo/Tonnio's Power Nano except you don't have to worry about healing him.

Best NPCs to me are: Tylor/Bruce/422/440 (or whatever # the axe PM is) then the rest of the 4x2 series (since they all heal quite a bit and uses Sturm Buster)/Curtz/Nav (they like lesser versions of Tylor/Bruce) after them.

Syaoran_69
Sep 10, 2008, 07:58 AM
See, but the problem goes to "Will people actually join your party if you have Ethan?" because after all, he is one of the most hated characters... ever.

darkante
Sep 10, 2008, 09:25 AM
See, but the problem goes to "Will people actually join your party if you have Ethan?" because after all, he is one of the most hated characters... ever.
I have used a majority of NPC for variety in parties, and no one ever comments them.
So either they donīt think loud enough or they simply donīt care.

desturel
Sep 10, 2008, 10:26 AM
Best NPCs to me are: Tylor/Bruce/422/440 (or whatever # the axe PM is) then the rest of the 4x2 series (since they all heal quite a bit and uses Sturm Buster)/Curtz/Nav (they like lesser versions of Tylor/Bruce) after them.

424 is the Axe PM. Unfortunately that PM walks around too much for my liking. The 422 has two modes, kill and heal. 424 throws in the "walk around for a bit to size up the opponent" which is annoying at times.

Also Tylor gets a case of Magic Feet from time to time and won't attack, just do a shuffle step and talk trash. I still rate him the highest when he's attacking, but when he's dancing around... Since Bruce is the most consistent NPC I prefer him over all.

Bruce. Tylor, 422, 433, 424, 432, Curtz, 480 (butlet bot), Nav, Tonnio, 450 (best heal bot in the game. Wish she had more HP. If you don't need a healer, drop her down about 10 spots), 451, 443. I don't really like the 410 series too much. They are all "okay".

Gen2000
Sep 10, 2008, 11:19 AM
Oh right the "magic feet" does kinda bring down Tylor down a notch. I haven't seen him do that in a while but I remember it making him fairly useless as an assist.

Kylie
Sep 11, 2008, 08:46 PM
Partner machinaries aside, I think Tylor is the best NPC for brute strength, and Maya is the best NPC for support. As for Ethan I haven't used him a lot offline, but when I did, he used tornado dance a lot, which was NOT helpful. I wish they'd balance them though. The older ones like Laia, Leo, and Hyuga are at such a disadvantage with their little b-ranks. :(

Majarra
Sep 12, 2008, 03:06 AM
Partner machinaries aside, I think Tylor is the best NPC for brute strength, and Maya is the best NPC for support. As for Ethan I haven't used him a lot offline, but when I did, he used tornado dance a lot, which was NOT helpful. I wish they'd balance them though. The older ones like Laia, Leo, and Hyuga are at such a disadvantage with their little b-ranks. :(Strange. I dont recall axes and twin claws having B-rank versions. Imagin that though. O lol mah C rank axe with its 600 damage is my win button. And absolute dance and gravity break? Last time i played the story mission he used spinning strike,tornado dance, [dont totally remember this one]and spinning break. I dont really find PMs that helpful. I prefer bruce or tylor. And does anyone else notice that when using laia alot it seems like she uses different/higher lvled PAs?

beatrixkiddo
Sep 12, 2008, 03:08 AM
432 > any other PM except 480 :<

darkante
Sep 12, 2008, 08:39 AM
Oh right the "magic feet" does kinda bring down Tylor down a notch. I haven't seen him do that in a while but I remember it making him fairly useless as an assist.

Yesh, he seems to do it less often for me as well.
Maybe 1-2 per mission now for me, which is unusual and really ups his usefulness.

Gen2000
Sep 12, 2008, 11:08 AM
I find Leo still pretty good until you get Tylor but only when paired with a techer. His Robado does 1-2k to 3 enemies when you buff him and he spams it the most since he has two weapons with that PA linked to it so that speeds up your group kills some. He sorta becomes a aggro magnet for enemies too because of it. And if anything there is always his Power Nanoblast if you keep him healed.

Laia is horrible, she must have a PA penalty on her weapons because she can't even bust 4 digits with Redda.

AlphaDragoon
Sep 13, 2008, 01:03 AM

ANYONE who doesn't join a party simply because it has Ethan as a PC is a moron. No exceptions.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 13, 2008, 04:25 PM
I would have thought Karen would be the most hated. In offline, Newman hunters are absolutely bad.

Maybe it's me. Ethan isn't too bad. Actually I'd put him pretty high up on the list. I'll have to try Tylor more but it seemed like all he'd do is keep dying the first time I tried him. I can't complain about Curtz' capability, it's the fact that he and Lou should be rangers. Did Curtz even use a sword and twin sabers back in ep.1? I don't remember.

Kylie
Sep 13, 2008, 05:20 PM
Strange. I dont recall axes and twin claws having B-rank versions. Imagin that though. O lol mah C rank axe with its 600 damage is my win button. And absolute dance and gravity break? Last time i played the story mission he used spinning strike,tornado dance, [dont totally remember this one]and spinning break. I dont really find PMs that helpful. I prefer bruce or tylor. And does anyone else notice that when using laia alot it seems like she uses different/higher lvled PAs?
Well, their little a-ranks and under leveled photon arts. :-P

Shows how long it's been since I've used them. :(