PDA

View Full Version : 7th anniversary of 9/11

Kylie
Sep 11, 2008, 12:05 PM
I'm surprised there's not already a thread about this. Anyway, put your conspiracy theories aside and remember those and the families of those lost seven years ago on September 11th in the WTC, Pentagon, and Flight 93.

CelestialBlade
Sep 11, 2008, 01:43 PM
Lives were lost en masse, that's about all that matters. They deserve to be remembered, as do the selfless souls who threw away their own security to help others in need.

TheOneHero
Sep 11, 2008, 01:46 PM
Flight 93 - the first battle in the War on Terror.

Dangerous55
Sep 11, 2008, 02:06 PM
This is not a 9/11 Conspiracy topic, if you believe that crap don't post here and re-examine your life.

I love how the topic posts clearly says *put your conspiracy theories aside*...and what are the first 2 posts about? Idiots.

It was too much of a tragedy to put into mournful words, at least for me. So silent respect is all I can do.

TheOneHero
Sep 11, 2008, 02:49 PM
Let's lay off the conspiracy BS guys, as Dangerous said this isn't that kind of topic, and as the OP said, put them aside!

I'd hate for a remembrance topic to be locked, but you guys are getting closer to a mod stepping in.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 11, 2008, 02:56 PM
I didn't know anybody in the WTC or the towers when that happened, but my heart still goes out to all of them. I hope they can take this day to remember the good times they had with their family and friends, but still respectfully morn them.

Dangerous55
Sep 11, 2008, 02:59 PM
such a horrible thing the american goverment did to its own ppl. and they sure are milking it for all its worth. we are still losing lives in the war today >< my heart goes out to all the families who lost loved ones.

The simplicity of people is shocking.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html

There, just one thing that disproves the bullshit. There was no conspiracy. Get over it. There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 11, 2008, 03:01 PM
The idiocy of people is shocking.
Fixed.

Anyways, please keep your conspiricy crap out of here, it's already been requested. If you want conspiricy theories, go make another thread. This is a thread to respect the dead, not point fingers at the living.

seph_monkey
Sep 11, 2008, 04:26 PM
i personally hate this day every year for my own reasons, but yeah i do have respect for the people that didnt make it that day and i feel sad and angry every year.
this day mostly reminds me of why i decided that the government can kiss the fattest part of my ass

CelestialBlade
Sep 11, 2008, 04:37 PM
Lil something for you "conspiracy" lunatics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se664bLPP3c

Honestly, today is about remembering innocent and heroic lives that were lost all at once, no matter what the reason. Take your "WAAAAH MY GOVERNMENT IS OUT TO KILL MEEEE" shit elsewhere, it's downright insensitive.

Eihwaz
Sep 11, 2008, 04:43 PM
ITT: People who can't read.

For those affected in any way by 9/11, my heart goes out to you.

Blitzkommando
Sep 11, 2008, 04:46 PM
I still remember that day and it still hurts like hell even though I didn't know anyone involved. It hurts to see such utter hatred against fellow man. I'll never forget, no matter how much I wish I could.

Leviathan
Sep 11, 2008, 04:53 PM
I was young when this happened. I had no idea what was going on either, other than people were having their children taken out of school.

I can't believe it's been six years since this. It feels like yesterday.

I remember that one of the most haunting feelings were when airplanes didn't fly for days, &I was used to hearing them frequently.

Syl
Sep 11, 2008, 05:06 PM
I still remember the day this happened. Everyone was watching the TV and confused and scared.

My aunt was not a mile away when it happened. I was pretty relieved to hear she came out unscathed.

And yeah Levi... It does just feel like it was yesterday.

Weeaboolits
Sep 11, 2008, 05:34 PM
The simplicity of people is shocking.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html

There, just one thing that disproves the bullshit. There was no conspiracy. Get over it. There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.There was no conspiracy.Conspiracy theory is what all the cool kids are doing nowadays.

Actually the closest thing to a conspiracy is a bunch of politicians using it as propaganda to further their own careers. It's rather annoying, it was a big tragedy and all, but things didn't suddenly become more dangerous because it happened, if anything it's safer because our guard is up now.

That said, I'll probably never forget hearing that PA announcment during math class that day telling us to carry on our classes as normal and to not turn on the TV to check it out.

Retehi
Sep 11, 2008, 05:41 PM
I actually remember playing PSO of all things during that time. It was like 6:00 or so in the morning here, and my friend in game is like "OMG TURN ON THE NEWS". It was pretty freakin unreal to see it all unfold like that.

CelestialBlade
Sep 11, 2008, 06:01 PM
I was in my sophomore year of high school, taking Indiana standardized testing in the U.S. History classroom, when the World History teacher rushed in and said "Turn on the TV, New York just got attacked!" Those words take a while to fully sink in. We turn on the TV to my right, and the first thing I see is smoke billowing out of both towers. We saw both of them collapse live. Me and my friends debated just what happened during lunch, and the rest of the day we pretty much watched the news. When I got home, my parents were out (my mom was undergoing physical therapy) so I watched the news alone, and all I could think was "...so, this is World War III." I'm very thankful I'm not as right as I thought I'd be at the time.

Yeah, never gonna forget that.

Powder Keg
Sep 11, 2008, 06:13 PM
I was in my sophomore year of high school, taking Indiana standardized testing in the U.S. History classroom, when the World History teacher rushed in and said "Turn on the TV, New York just got attacked!" Those words take a while to fully sink in. We turn on the TV to my right, and the first thing I see is smoke billowing out of both towers. We saw both of them collapse live. Me and my friends debated just what happened during lunch, and the rest of the day we pretty much watched the news. When I got home, my parents were out (my mom was undergoing physical therapy) so I watched the news alone, and all I could think was "...so, this is World War III." I'm very thankful I'm not as right as I thought I'd be at the time.

Yeah, never gonna forget that.

Very similar situation with me...was in Junior year in my programming class when a classmate ran in and told us to turn the TV on. I definitely thought a world war was on the way, too.

Monochrome
Sep 11, 2008, 06:19 PM
I slept in that day and someone online told me to check the news. I almost thought it had to be a hoax as I read CNN.com. Turned on the TV and saw the first tower fall. Horrific. My PSO friend who lived in New York was very very shaken by it. I also feel like it was just yesterday. It also seems like my view of the world and life changed that day. Sort of an 'innocence lost' type of thing...

Kylie
Sep 11, 2008, 06:35 PM
Gosh. I think I was still in New Orleans and still in college (first time). I don't think I realized how serious it was until later in the day, and then there was so much paranoia and uncertainty. It was a really scary time.

White Midnight
Sep 11, 2008, 06:37 PM
This was during my sophomore year. I woke up to get ready to go to school, and went to my parents room to find my dad watching the TV. When I turn to see the TV, I see one of the twin towers on fire. I go to take my shower and return to find the second one is also on fire. The first collapse happened when I was on my way to school, it was a 45 minute trip. For the first half of the day, in every class, the TV was turned on and we just spent the day watching the news on different channels in each classroom to watch the coverage of the attack. It wasn't till Spanish class, which was my third period of the day that I got to see a replay of both towers collapsing.

Can't say I was tense or worried at the time, though I figured that we would be going to war soon. The next few days were spent in certain classes with the TV on, took a whole week for things to return to normal around the school. Kinda sucks...the first time I passed by New York I saw the Trade Center in the distance. I was looking forward to seeing the towers on my next visit to NY...but that obviously ain't gonna happen.

Took me awhile to grip the fact the whole incident had 3000 civilian fatalities. I never would've thought so many lives would be lost at the time. Took me awhile to realize the actual seriousness of the entire incident, but I blame that on having a huge test that week in Spanish that was inevietable.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 11, 2008, 06:44 PM
I think I was in third grade if I remember correctly. I woke up and my grandma was watching the news. I saw a replay of the planes crashing and of the towers on fire.

It didn't really make sense to me, being a kid at that time. But about a week later, I was pretty aware of what happened. It's still very confusing to me even now.

Dhylec
Sep 11, 2008, 08:03 PM
This day evokes a lot of less-than-pleasant memories. In NYC, I, fortunately, do not know anyone who died in the towers, but a part of me died when I saw the towers collapsed. A strange emptiness like the loss of something - more like 'someone'. I bet many felt like that too.

I always wanted to go up there one day, but I guess I'd have to save that trip for the new towers - when they ever decide to start building them. ;]

amtalx
Sep 11, 2008, 09:06 PM
I just saw a documentary/tribute on 9/11. I only watched about 15 minutes before I got worked up enough that watching something else was a better idea. I can't believe that some people are so wrapped up in their world of beliefs that they have to kill anyone that doesn't follow the leader.

BlackRose
Sep 11, 2008, 11:04 PM
For some reason, today I thought about that day in terms of time-rate of change... how many things were completely different after that one split-second of impact, the tsunami of realization that spread from it, that not only will our lives all be directly changed by what we're seeing, but also that the people there are being affected a hundred- or thousand-fold. Like the entire nation was struck by lightning, we're still collectively reeling from the shock.

I'm sure the result far surpassed the intention, but it's amazing sometimes how so few can affect so many.

pikachief
Sep 12, 2008, 12:14 AM
i heard my dad telling my mom the other day that 9/11 was the anniversary of something for the terrorist or something like that he found out recently...

anyways yea i remember i was at my grandparents house, it seemed like the whole family was there and we got a phone call form my aunt telling us to turn on the TV to the news...

Sexy_Raine
Sep 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
One of my Dad friend's wife died on 9/11. She was one of the victims in the bombing. What's sad is the guy just had his retirement party. So imagine the depression that probably went though him on that day, realizing he has no wife by him to celebrate.

-RIP to all the victims of 9-11-01

Sord
Sep 12, 2008, 03:02 PM
I was in sixth grade, attending a school I was at for no more than a few months (inner-city magnet school, god is sucked,) which is why I can remember the time frame fairly well, and not the event itself. I actually frequently forget the year it occurred. We pretty much spent the rest of the day watching events unfold on the TV. I remember one of my teachers sitting their crying as she watched.

I, personally, was not shocked, mortified, or surprised. I wasn't even concerned with what was happening. I actually wanted the TV off so I could focus on my work. My empathy levels were drastically low, though I've gained some as I got older. Still, even now, I find it hard to imagine the death of 3000. I find it hard to get mad at anyone over the tower incident. Whether it be humanity, government, or terrorists. It just doesn't seem to bother me, I wasn't there, knew no one that was. It had pretty much no noticeable (to my sixth grade self) effect on my life at the time. To me it does not feel like yesterday, it feels like ages ago, and that whatever caused it should have been fixed by now. The way I saw it, thousands of people die all around the world everyday. I don't give a crap what country they're in. They're just as much human as any one else. If I'm not going to care about them, why should I feel guilty about not caring for the ones in New York. They died, it was tragedy. Destroy or fix what was caused it so it doesn't happen again and move on.