PDA

View Full Version : hypocrisy....

The_Gio
Sep 12, 2008, 12:07 AM
ok...so...i am really tired of hypocrisy everywhere,no matter where i turn. School, News, hell even the people on this board. Im not trying to insult anyone, but does anyone ever stop to think about what exactly their looking at and actually question it instead of just answering it. Im so tired of seeing and hearing and reading people say "be yourself","say whats your on mind, dont let anyone tell you","everyone has an opinion" Only to be told to shut up if its something they dont like.

So what if its something very unlikely, so what if it involves your god and not believing in him or her, just because it involves death of someone you wouldnt want to die, it doesnt make it alright to be a bitch to someone just because of theyre opinions. Hell i even expect some smart ass on these boards to say, well your being a hypocrite right now by posting on how someone should live their life, when in reality im just posting/bitching at what im tired about and are missing the entire point of this post,to vent, im not telling anyone how to live, just suggesting to question a little bit more, to not just accept what falls in front of you.Yeah it happened, but how? yeah i get it, it happened,but why? i dont accept that things just happen sometimes crap,unless its really a stroke of bad luck or out of your hands,but if it involved planning or thinking of some sort theres always more to it, im just not the type to go with the easiest answer just because its easy. Just because you dont question,doesnt mean no one should

whatever happened to live and let live? whatever happened to respecting an opinion?dont get me wrong im not saying let yourself be walked on whenever someone purposely tries to insult you cuz thats a entirely different situation.

also these "righteous" people who think their so fucking perfect that their word is law and that there is no other truth,just because its unlikely and because your not the only one to think that. The sad part is the people who are like this, dont even know they are this way, since they dont see anything wrong with what they say since its something they live by and treat it like it should be accepted by everyone otherwise, their jerks if they dont.

and in the end no one learns anything because were all happy with ourselves and refuse to change ourselves because of that since we dont see a reason to change

the real victims here are the people who have something to say but dont have enough confidence to keep going with their idea just because they think its a waste of time because they keep getting told that

there ill shut up now cuz i finished my rant
...thank you for your time

oh and i know this post is really hypocritical of me

pikachief
Sep 12, 2008, 12:33 AM
i admit i really don't like hypocrisy and i used to hate it but after one big thing i realized and i must admit im a hypocrite and i think everyone is in one way or another because they say thigns for one reason and go turn around and it without even realizing it.

some people just do it more than others

Syl
Sep 12, 2008, 02:10 AM
Everyone's a hypocrite and one point or another. Anyone who says they aren't is a... hypocrite :wacko:

Kylie
Sep 12, 2008, 12:02 PM
Everyone's a hypocrite and one point or another. Anyone who says they aren't is a... hypocrite :wacko:
Yarr. No one's perfect, but some people do fall of the horse more than others.

Seority
Sep 12, 2008, 12:29 PM
Sadly this is how the world is now.
Things can only get worse I believe. So just cherish your friends and whenever you meet a kind person.

CelestialBlade
Sep 12, 2008, 12:34 PM
To be a hypocrite is to be human. What makes a person is whether or not they actively try and improve.

DreXxiN
Sep 12, 2008, 12:36 PM
the real victims here are the people who have something to say but dont have enough confidence to keep going with their idea just because they think its a waste of time because they keep getting told that That's really their choice in the matter to stand up for what they want to say, or just take it, in which they are just as guilty as everyone else who doesn't stand up against "The Norm"

I live a lifestyle which produces an aura of "Not giving two shits" of what anyone else thinks about me, but being mindful of when I'm wrong. The people who don't respect you and your ideologies for what they are are people that will stray away from you. The ones who respect you will stick with you, thsoe are the only people you need.

However, please don't take this as a message of "well I'm right if you don't like it I don't care" because then you will be equally hypocritical. Just make sure to be open-minded yourself, accept the fact that the "majority knowledge" is sometimes right, despite the general human being Naive.

On my final note, Sometimes no one is right or wrong, and you can both be right or wrong. Not everything about "Their" opinions is wrong, and not everything about your opinions is correct.

The_Gio
Sep 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
To be a hypocrite is to be human. What makes a person is whether or not they actively try and improve.

yeah and i can understand that, i for a fact know no one is perfect, whether it being in our own eyes or in someone elses. The main hypocrisy im pissed about is the people who constantly say "follow your heart" "say whats on your mind" only to snap at someone when it involves something they do not like and refuse to believe anything else but what they think. Hell you know what i just saw, the rant about why someone doesnt like 9/11(mostly because it was by my friend) and he was just saying why he didnt like it and that he just needed to unwind from his day of being told things he doesnt like, and everyone just went off on him, just because everyone was so sure of why 9/11 happened,which is what im guessing he needed to unwind from, it got to the point where he just said screw it and just suggested to close the post. If thats not the perfect example, then no one is on the same page i am. These are the kind of things that bother me that happen everyday, someone says something everyone doesnt like, and it just vanishes....

i dunno im just sick of hypocrisy so much, i know everyone is a hypocrite in their own way(im being one right now as i post about why i hate it when people say things that prevent others from saying what they have to say),but some are just way out there like ive seen someone bitch about how drugs and shit are ruining our youth and then i see the same guy passed out by stupid shit he was doing. Im just sick of it, tired, bleh, i need someone to take me away lol

CelestialBlade
Sep 12, 2008, 01:02 PM
yeah and i can understand that, i for a fact know no one is perfect, whether it being in our own eyes or in someone elses. The main hypocrisy im pissed about is the people who constantly say "follow your heart" "say whats on your mind" only to snap at someone when it involves something they do not like and refuse to believe anything else but what they think. Hell you know what i just saw, the rant about why someone doesnt like 9/11(mostly because it was by my friend) and he was just saying why he didnt like it and that he just needed to unwind from his day of being told things he doesnt like, and everyone just went off on him, just because everyone was so sure of why 9/11 happened,which is what im guessing he needed to unwind from, it got to the point where he just said screw it and just suggested to close the post. If thats not the perfect example, then no one is on the same page i am. These are the kind of things that bother me that happen everyday, someone says something everyone doesnt like, and it just vanishes....

i dunno im just sick of hypocrisy so much, i know everyone is a hypocrite in their own way(im being one right now as i post about why i hate it when people say things that prevent others from saying what they have to say),but some are just way out there like ive seen someone bitch about how drugs and shit are ruining our youth and then i see the same guy passed out by stupid shit he was doing. Im just sick of it, tired, bleh, i need someone to take me away lol
The hypocrisy you primarily speak of is basically a result of personal emotional outbursts, and as humans, we're all emotional to an extent. It's one thing to speak from a third-person point of view and say "well you should always do this no matter what" versus trying to say the same thing when it's something you care deeply about. Overcoming emotions isn't easy, but at the same time it's very easy to pick out those that are actually trying to set their personal biases and feelings aside versus someone who simply says one thing and does another. That's how I judge, anyway.

But I do know what you mean, it would be nice if everyone were to at least *strive* not to be a hypocrite.

RufuSwho
Sep 12, 2008, 01:07 PM
pretty deep here

it's hard to complain about complainers, eh?

also it hard to keep your mouth shut, and simultaneously make a point

listening is a forgotten art

Seority
Sep 12, 2008, 01:33 PM

I should quote this.

DreXxiN
Sep 12, 2008, 02:09 PM
pretty deep here

it's hard to complain about complainers, eh?

listening is a forgotten art

i like this guy; get's right to the point without playing with any fancy vocabulary. Very true *Gives his thumbs up*

Tensu of the moon
Sep 12, 2008, 03:30 PM
Hyposcrasy is bad, yes. but just as the world is not all black and white, the world is not all grey either. "Being yourself" is exellent, but it is not a crutch. you can't use it to justify anything. some ways of thought are just wrong, and it is not hypocritical to point out the flaws in these lines of thought while believeing in "being yourself", esp. if it prevents someone else their God-given right to "be themselves".