PDA

View Full Version : "whar r u"

Chuck_Norris
Sep 13, 2008, 12:17 AM
Why the hell do people feel the need to ask where you are, when they can just look at your damn card? Stop being so lazy! :disapprove:

Adriano
Sep 13, 2008, 12:28 AM
that's usually an indirect way of saying. "Hey I don't feel like coming there, so find me : |"

Gunslinger-08
Sep 13, 2008, 12:35 AM
Maybe because it's a better conversation starter than "hello"? They ask you that, you reply, they can ask something else. "Hello" simply prompts another "hello" for the reply.

edit: Hmm, didn't think about situation. I was first referring to when someone first gets on and says something like that.

Otherwise, it's probably just a show of impatience, or something.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 13, 2008, 01:13 AM
It's called interaction. Sorry if that's so hard. Also, it'sbetter to ask them where they are than to just show up.

Maybe they were hanging out with someone else.

Leviathan
Sep 13, 2008, 01:33 AM
If someone talked to me like that I wouldn't respond until they learned how to type correctly.

amtalx
Sep 13, 2008, 02:11 AM
I usually ask people what they are doing a opposed to where they are.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 13, 2008, 02:18 AM
It's called interaction. Sorry if that's so hard.

That's more your problem. :wacko:

*Ahem* I'll go more in deph for those who don't quite get what I mean.

I'm talking about someone who invites/you invite to your/their game, and ask where you are. Like they don't have your card. >->

Seority
Sep 13, 2008, 02:29 AM
GODDAMNIT!
THEY SO WASTED 3 SECONDS OF MY LIFE BECUZ I HAD TO READ THAT CRAP!

^^

thunder-ray
Sep 13, 2008, 02:49 AM
That's more your problem. :wacko:

*Ahem* I'll go more in deph for those who don't quite get what I mean.

I'm talking about someone who invites/you invite to your/their game, and ask where you are. Like they don't have your card. >->Well thats true on that point. Hell if you go to the menu and select member location it tells you where everbody is at in your party.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 13, 2008, 02:58 AM
Oh, and by the way: the guy who I'm specificly talking about KNEW what mission we were doing. :disapprove:

thunder-ray
Sep 13, 2008, 04:17 AM
Oh, and by the way: the guy who I'm specificly talking about KNEW what mission we were doing. :disapprove:Damn that sounds a little odd lol

darkante
Sep 13, 2008, 04:54 AM
Why the hell do people feel the need to ask where you are, when they can just look at your damn card? Stop being so lazy! :disapprove:

Yeah, pretty irritating when they do that. Which is why when people randomly say that when i hardly know who the hell i have added in my card list, i just ignore it.
Either greet somehow or i IGNORE YA.

Aisha379
Sep 13, 2008, 10:19 AM
This is why I only play with smart friends.

Kylie
Sep 13, 2008, 12:57 PM
I've wondered that too, but I usually just play along. Sometimes I even say, "just check my card," if I'm in a bad mood or know the person well enough to tease them. Oh, but what annoys me more is when someone asks you what you're doing and won't let it go after you say nothing. :mad:

What's up?
Nothing.
Ooh, what's nothing?
This and that...
Oh... ^^ So... what is it?
IF I WANTED YOU TO KNOW, I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU ALREADY.

Gah, that pisses me off so much.

EDIT: But I'll add to the original topic with this--asking where you are or what you're doing can be a way for some people to set up a "Can we hang out?" Although, what's up is a way more logical question on PSU. It also may be out of habit from real life conversing.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 13, 2008, 01:31 PM
I'd rather ask them where they are. So it actually sounds like you wanna talk, not just "hay i'll go barge in and get exps lol".

Just, I wouldn't ask like the topic title. :disapprove:

"Hey, where are you and what are you doing?" or some such.

Powder Keg
Sep 13, 2008, 02:11 PM
Typing like that doesn't bother me (it shouldn't really bother anyone unless it's job or something else professional) it just makes me laugh.

I'm straightforward when it comes to this kinda crap, I like it when people ask me straight questions and I'm the same way when asking, not just this game, but anywhere.

Are you soloing? Or do you need teammates? etc

Broodstar1337
Sep 14, 2008, 03:00 AM
Sometimes, a partner card doesn't adequately explain where someone is.

SStrikerR
Sep 14, 2008, 08:58 AM
Sometimes, a partner card doesn't adequately explain where someone is.

It gives universe, character name, party name, and the lobby that the mission is accepted from, what more do you need?

Broodstar1337
Sep 14, 2008, 06:16 PM
It gives universe, character name, party name, and the lobby that the mission is accepted from, what more do you need?

Hi, my name is Your Room and I've taken all your friends.