PDA

View Full Version : Band's you'd want to see live...

Moo2u
Sep 14, 2008, 01:50 PM
I was talking with my friends and this topic came up. I was wondering what people on the forums might have to say about this.

What bands (or artists) are on your list as band you HAVE to see live. I already crossed off the Stones and Red Hot Chili Peppers, but still on there is Beck, Gorillaz, Flaming Lips and David Bowie. I picked those, not just because I'm a fan of their music, but because I hear they're live shows are like no other.

Anywho, what do you guys think?

beatrixkiddo
Sep 14, 2008, 02:00 PM
I heard Daft Punk does amazing live shows, but I've never had a chance to go :(

Neith
Sep 14, 2008, 02:08 PM
Iron Maiden, Nine Inch Nails, Judas Priest are probably the main ones I'd want to see live.

Anarchy Club too, but the chance of them playing live outside of the US is slim to none

On another note, it sucks being the only guy in a circle of friends who likes Rock/Metal- no-one I know is ever interested in going to see any Metal live :lol:

Out_Kast
Sep 14, 2008, 02:12 PM
I have tickets to see Enter Shikari live, which I'm really looking forwards to.
Although, I think I'd really like to see Atreyu live.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 14, 2008, 02:18 PM
If/When System of a Down comes back. ;-;

Maybe Disturbed. I'd have agree on Gorillaz though.

EspioKaos
Sep 14, 2008, 02:20 PM
Nine Inch Nails

There we go. Also wouldn't mind seeing Metallica or Green Day.

Kylie
Sep 14, 2008, 03:13 PM
Almost everyone I like. >_> I haven't been to many concerts of people that mean anything to me; most of the concerts I've been to have been for my friends.

DreXxiN
Sep 14, 2008, 03:26 PM
Just went to a Nightwish Concert opened by Sonata Arctica..

If you guys are into this kind of metal....You have to go...like seriously..just go..you have to..it's amazing and literally epic.

Moo2u
Sep 14, 2008, 04:50 PM
I heard Daft Punk does amazing live shows, but I've never had a chance to go :(

You sir, are correct. I'll have to add that one to the list.

Also, I hear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_81l4DXlwM is insane live...or maybe he's just insane in general...

Syl
Sep 14, 2008, 07:29 PM
Dark Tranquility, Kalmah, Necrophagist, Nile, In Flames, and Muse, just to name a few ;o

Indica
Sep 14, 2008, 07:51 PM
Led Zeppelin w/ Jason Bonham on drums. Id cut off my right arm to see them.

Powder Keg
Sep 14, 2008, 08:10 PM
Faith No More and Soundgarden for me....too bad today that has a very low chance of happening ever.

Indica
Sep 14, 2008, 08:45 PM
Faith No More and Soundgarden for me....too bad today that has a very low chance of happening ever.

I got to see both of those bands a few times in concert. People said The Eagles would never get back so it could be possible one day

BlackRose
Sep 14, 2008, 08:47 PM
Shows I would've liked to have seen:
Pink Floyd
Janis Joplin
Wes Montgomery
Billie Holiday
J.S. Bach playing Fantasia+Fugue in G Minor for the first time
Eugene Ysaye
Mario+Zelda Big Band

Shows I'd like to see:
Justice
Justice
Justice
Jojo Mayer/NERVE
Attention Deficit
Liquid Tension Experiment
Uncle Moe's Space Ranch
Chimaira
Chick Corea (again)
Buckethead
Benny Greb

Tessu
Sep 14, 2008, 08:54 PM
Radiohead.

Alice in Chains... with Layne Staley. Never gonna happen.

CelestialBlade
Sep 14, 2008, 09:02 PM
Just crossed Bullet for my Valentine off my list last Friday. Mmm, that was orgasmic :3

Would absolutely love to see the Foo Fighters someday. Definitely want to see Flyleaf and Paramore too.

Powder Keg
Sep 14, 2008, 09:19 PM
Alice in Chains...another amazing band. I could listen to them over and over again and never get tired of them, especially the stuff on Facelift.

Foo Fighters would be great to see too, but I'd want them to play most of their older stuff (1st album was my fav.)

I've seen Local H live a buncha times, Scott Lucas is the man...and I had the opportunity to see Megadeth and Sabbath w/Dio right up front..nothing short of amazing.

DreXxiN
Sep 14, 2008, 09:23 PM
Dark Tranquility, Kalmah, Necrophagist, Nile, In Flames, and Muse, just to name a few ;o

Everything on this list.

You know of KALMAH?! Wow, I didn't know many knew of them. Definitely top 3 melodeath for me.

Dark Tranquility falls close behind.

And nile is just fucking sick, lol. That drummer is a God.

I actually don't know who to say is better, DT or Kalmah...Hmmph

EphekZ
Sep 14, 2008, 09:29 PM
If I can get the tickets I'm going to see the kooks next month. I'm so stoked.
Anyway, I'd probably like to see Daft Punk, since I've also heard they're fuckin amazing. I'd also wanna see Muse, Death Cab For Cutie, Postal service, MGMT or the strokes. I really wouldn't mind seeing anyone that I regularly listen to, which is a huge list.

Tessu
Sep 14, 2008, 09:30 PM
Alice in Chains...another amazing band. I could listen to them over and over again and never get tired of them, especially the stuff on Facelift.

Foo Fighters would be great to see too, but I'd want them to play most of their older stuff (1st album was my fav.)

I've seen Local H live a buncha times, Scott Lucas is the man...and I had the opportunity to see Megadeth and Sabbath w/Dio right up front..nothing short of amazing.

Ah, Facelift. That's one of my favorites. I like their last(?) one, Alice in Chains, the most. It's so grungy, lol.

Leviathan
Sep 14, 2008, 09:32 PM
List!
<Not in any particular order.>

SLIPKNOT.
Green Day.
Red Hot Chili Peppers.
System of a Down. <Have Serj's autograph though. :wacko: >
Madonna.
Kylie Minogue.
Good Charlotte. <Lol wut.>
Nine Inch Nails. <I'm Trent's husband but he doesn't know it.>
David Bowie.
Cobra Starship.
Paramore.
Gorillaz.
Daft Punk.

Tessu
Sep 14, 2008, 09:34 PM
List!
<Not in any particular order.>

Green Day.
Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Good Charlotte. <Lol wut.>
David Bowie.
Paramore.
Gorillaz.

This was all I saw out of the list and I'm so stuck in between whether or not I should hate you (Paramore, Good Charlotte, Green Day) or love you (David Bowie, Gorillaz, Peppers).

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 09:43 PM
List!
<IN a particular order.>

System of a Down. <Have Serj's autograph though. :wacko: >
KORN.
SLIPKNOT.
SEVENDUST.

Gorillaz.
Green Day.
Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Mindless Self indulgence

=in between stuff that I may be like NAh or YA-=
Ill Niño
IN FLAMES (I think that is the name)
scary kids scaring kids
TRIVIUM
GOD FORBID
DEVIL DRIVER
and many others blah blah blah

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
Madonna.
Nine Inch Nails. <I'm Trent's husband but he doesn't know it.>

I like :wacko:

Leviathan
Sep 14, 2008, 09:45 PM
Good Charlotte: FAVOURITE band from when I was 12. I thought it would be nice to trace back from where I began to listen to music by going to one of their concerts. <...If anyone can understand that.>

Paramore: I've had so many chances to see them, &I've regret it. :[

Green Day: I liked older Green Day. New Green Day is okay, but I like this band regardless of how "bad" they are.

&Misfits, as long as it's Glenn Danzig & Michael Graves period.
Which would never happen. :disapprove:

MSI plays a good show too/

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 09:51 PM
I first began to listen to music in the 8th grade. First CD, was the Scorpian King soundtrack. :3

BlackRose
Sep 14, 2008, 10:06 PM
Psst... I don't think Gorillaz is a real band...

[EDIT: Scratch that, they have done a few live shows... somehow...]

[EDIT2: Add Parliament Funkadelic to my list!]

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 10:14 PM
Queen is another good one. ;3

Rust
Sep 14, 2008, 10:19 PM
Not in a particular order, just thrown there randomly :

Daft Punk
Gorillaz
Papa Roach
Machinae Supremacy
In Flames (only if they stick to pre-Soundtrack to Your Escape stuff, which most likely won't happen)
Nightwish (I'd have liked to see one with Tarja as well, because this must be completely different)
POLYSICS (done :wacko:)
Disarmonia Mundi
Soilwork
m.o.v.e (If I have to choose only one among all those, this will be this one)
Novasonic
Maximum the Hormone
Anna Tsuchiya
Rammstein
Björk
Les Wriggles
L'Arc~en~Ciel
Any live that would be held by either Motoi Sakuraba or Akira Yamaoka (I'd totally go to that)

I'm not much of a live beast though. Have been only to three lives in my life, two of them were free. I guess the huge crowd and the price of the tickets is a turn-off to me. I prefer getting the live DVDs and watching them (and yes, I know it isn't the same at all).

Syl
Sep 14, 2008, 10:20 PM
Everything on this list.

You know of KALMAH?! Wow, I didn't know many knew of them. Definitely top 3 melodeath for me.

Dark Tranquility falls close behind.

And nile is just fucking sick, lol. That drummer is a God.

I actually don't know who to say is better, DT or Kalmah...Hmmph

I'm the one who recommended Kalmah to you remember? O_o

Oh, and I'd like to add Decapitated, Whitechapel, and Dark Lunacy to my list ;o

Indica
Sep 14, 2008, 10:30 PM
I have not updated this in like 4 years, but here is a list of concerts Ive been to. My first concert was at age 15 around 1989

http://7dust.net/Concerts.htm

Edit: I had a chance to see Nirvana twice but missed out both times. 1 time I didnt have a ride to go upstate NY for the first Lollapalooza and 2nd time I was working

>

Turb0
Sep 14, 2008, 10:34 PM
There we go. Also wouldn't mind seeing Metallica or Green Day.

Lol, another forum I check has a good amount of metal elitist, pop-punk/nu-metal bashing type people so you don't know how weird it is seeing those two in the same sentence like that. Anyway, the main bands I'd like to see now are Maiden, Dream Theater, and RHCP. Also, I'd looooove to go to a G3 concert.8-)

Monochrome
Sep 14, 2008, 10:39 PM
Just went to a Nightwish Concert opened by Sonata Arctica..

If you guys are into this kind of metal....You have to go...like seriously..just go..you have to..it's amazing and literally epic.

Yes! You lucky guy. I love Sonata Arctica so much. I'd also like to see:

Dark Moor, DragonForce, DragonLand or PowerQuest, on the topic of power metal.

Alternative:

Garbage (if Shirley could still sing without needing throat surgery -_-)
Offspring (just always wanted to, but never got around to it)
The Killers
The Birthday Massacre (metal-ish Darkwave rock)
Blessed by a Broken Heart (Christian screamo meets 80's pop electro)
As I Lay Dying

J-Pop:

Ayumi Hamasaki
Namie Amuro
SPEED (if they reunited for a benefit or something)

Pop:

Gwen Stefani (already saw No Doubt, I'm just being greedy here)
Alice In Videoland (Swedish electroclash)

I've seen Nine Inch Nails and must say it was the most incredible live performance ever. The sound projecting from the stage will tear apart your insides. In a good way.

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 10:41 PM
Oh I forgot for Pop, of course, Micheal Jackson. Yeah, I SAID IT. ;3

Oh wait nevermind this is LIVE performances... never mind. xD

Firocket1690
Sep 15, 2008, 12:05 AM
Shows I've been to (http://www.last.fm/user/Firocket1690/journal/2007/11/23/4lll_i_promised_i_wouldn%27t...)

Show I'm going to next week (http://www.imeem.com/blocparty) :wacko:

Other stuff I just plain want to see:

Daft Punk - They came to Brooklyn at McCarren Park Pool, which is a large abandoned pool, turned concert venue. It's walled in, and they had their now infamous pyramid. Oh god, I heard that was sickeningly awesome. Sadly, I didn't go.

Gorillaz - Just 'cause they're a damned awesome trip hop electronic band. That, and live projections of the animated bunch? That's kinda cool.

Utada Hikaru - One of my oldest, most favourite artists. Given she's released a bunch of recent material, there's no way I'd get to see her do an old setlist. Hell, I'd kill to be at Budokan 2004 show though.

Barenaked Ladies - Another older group that I've liked since my childhood days. They came to NY last year, but I didn't have the $75 for their show at Radio City. Next time I came by the box office with cash, it was sold out. Other than that, just another solid band that I've been wanting to see.

Flight of the Conchords - When I was typing up the Barenaked Ladies blurb, I was reminded of how they're known for improv comedy in between songs, and BAM, I remembered FotC. These guys recently released their self titled debut album on sub-pop, and I've heard their live shows are hilarious.

Radiohead - self explanatory

Indica
Sep 15, 2008, 01:32 AM
wow, I feel old... lol Out of all the shows you have listed, there is like 3 bands listed I heard of their name. - not including Blue Man Group

Edit: you going to see that band at Roseland Ballroom? That place is an awsome venue. It's been about 12 years but I saw some crazy stuff happen there

DreXxiN
Sep 15, 2008, 01:40 AM
I'm the one who recommended Kalmah to you remember? O_o

Nope, played into the Gallows as a GH2 Custom, that's how I think I learned about this. :P

Woo woo Rust, Machinae Supremacy and especially Soilwork. I'd love to see Soil live.

As far as the general rock genre goes, Papa Roach is awesome too.

Yes! You lucky guy. I love Sonata Arctica so much.
You're the man. bro :P.

I'd see all four of those bands, I'd love to see dark moor Live especially xD.

I'd even love to see Dragonforce live, apparently their live performance has gotten a lot better, so they don't do piss poor outside the studio xD

Moo2u
Sep 15, 2008, 02:38 AM
Psst... I don't think Gorillaz is a real band...

[EDIT: Scratch that, they have done a few live shows... somehow...]

[EDIT2: Add Parliament Funkadelic to my list!]

Check out their live show dvd. Your mind will be blown.

Parliament would be awesome, but wouldn't be nearly as cool as seeing the original group in the 70s. There's so many spin off groups that it would be near impossible to see them all as a single unit again. I guess as long as I see Bootsy Collins and George Clinton, it'd still be wicked. (Typing this while grooving to Funkentelechy as we speak.)

But if we're also going hypothetically (ie, band that aren't around/aren't doing live shows anymore) KISS would have been an awesome show to see.

AC9breaker
Sep 15, 2008, 07:19 AM
Mother fucking Muse!

& Linkin Park

PIT
Sep 15, 2008, 10:19 AM
TOOL

'nuff said.

amtalx
Sep 15, 2008, 11:03 AM
The only band I'm disappointed I'll never see is Soundgarden.

Feelmirath
Sep 15, 2008, 02:12 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers and Serj Tankian can be checked off my list.

I'd really love to see Disturbed, Iron Maiden, Muse, Judas Priest, Kiss, Avenged Sevenfold or Bang Camaro live... prolly not gonna happen anytime soon though >_>

Kizeragi
Sep 15, 2008, 04:41 PM
Seen:
Dragonforce
Dream Theater
System of a Down
Muse
Avenged Sevenfold
Metallica
Disturbed

Want to see:
Judas Priest
Aerosmith (Yup. Won't happen though)
Lynyrd Skynyrd (Same here, I think I spelt it wrong too. XD)
Nine Inch Nails
Any JP band (Going to Japan for my 18th birthday so this may be possible.)
Megadeth

Will add more when I feel like it.

Midicronica
Sep 15, 2008, 09:40 PM
Mother fucking Muse!

Said it for me.

Moo2u
Sep 25, 2008, 03:28 PM
Sorry for the bump, but I just thought of another band I'd love to see live...

....They Might Be Giants.....that is all...

Lance813
Sep 25, 2008, 04:03 PM
The fall of troy was really, really good live.

3---Hit---U
Sep 25, 2008, 06:08 PM
Well.

If you don't like metal, skip this post.

You have been warned :D

Slipknot
Disturbed
Linkin' Park
Slayer
Bullet for my Valentine
Five Finger Death Punch
Atreyu
Megadeth
Dragonforce
Avenged Sevenfold
System of a Down
Judas Priest
In Flames
Muse

Yeah.

:D

~Joey

thematesV2
Sep 30, 2008, 02:13 PM
jane's addiction, I just recently got into them, thinking they were from early 2000's how bizzare it was to learn they were rocking it when I was in the womb!

anyhow, them, and Yoko Kanno & the Seatbelts, Gorillaz, and Modest Mouse.

Link5
Sep 30, 2008, 05:58 PM
I've been to relatively few concerts, but they've all been worth it. I've seen John Fogerty three times, Jethrotull with an orchestra backing them, and the excellent Pink Floyd Experience cover band.
By the way, if you want to see a legend that will absolutely rock your face off in concert, then I definitely recommend going to see John Fogerty. You wouldn't regret it.
Now onto some bands I would like to see someday:
Billy Joel, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Journey, Van Halen, Elton John, The Who.
Some more ambitious ones: Paul McCartney, Led Zeppelin if they actually returned to touring regularly.
Basically any legend of classic rock would be cool with me.

Rubius-sama
Sep 30, 2008, 09:21 PM
Daft Punk, Disturbed, and Iron Maiden would be my top ones.

Sharkyland
Sep 30, 2008, 10:50 PM
Seen (some I was dragged into because my friend who buy tickets for some friends and then his friends can't make it and so being his roommate for a while, I came with him and reimbursed him for the money he spent, some I like, so I don't like):
- Offspring
- Crystal Method
- Beck
- Nine Inch Nails
- Play! (not really a band but a Symphony)
- Perfect Circle
- Greenday
- Trust Company
- Vanilla Ice (his comeback)
- JAM Project (sad they didn't sing Neppu! Shippu! Cybershooter! at Otakon '08 )
- Entertainment System (local band doing video game music)
(& some others who I can't remember then name)

Want to see:
- Dragonforce

Most were seen at the 9:30 Club & Black Cat in Washington, DC... Patriot Center (George Mason University, VA)... Merriweather Post Pavillion (Columbia, MD)...

Nixia
Sep 30, 2008, 11:14 PM
Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker.

Slightly off topic, but I'd love to see entire symphony orchestras play music from some of my favourite games and movies live.

Rust
Oct 1, 2008, 05:06 PM
Adding those to my list :

Filter
Ill Niño
Chemical Brothers
Daisuke Ishiwatari
The Pillows
E-Type
abingdon boys school
HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
System of a Down
Korpiklaani
ORANGE RANGE
Stemage
Tokyo Jihen
Tomoko Kawase / the brilliant green
The Black Mages
Avenue Q (if that can even be considered a live from a band...)

gorefiend
Oct 1, 2008, 10:11 PM
Dimmu borgir,chthonic, mushroom head (old mushroom head)

Nile, mayhem,limbonic art, Troll fest

Sonata Arctica, dissection (shame i wont see them live due too the fact lead singer is dead D:)

Behemoth,balphgor, opeth, Satyricon,amon amarth,slayer

carpathian forest,exhumed immortal, korpiklanni,kamelot,job for a cowboy,shade empire,gorgaroth, cannible corpse,dethklok,bucket head, the berzerker,ensiferum,amputated, Arch enemy.

Rammstien, martriden, krisiun,severed heaven,bathory,destroyer 666

finntroll,black mages (ff music band).

Pm me if you want some new bands, or you wanna talk =D So anyway those are only a couple....pm me for me or add me on msn =D