PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on interracial relationships?

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 31, 2003, 09:57 PM
Just out of curiosity, I don't have a problem with being with someone of different ethnicity. How about you?

pixelate
Jan 31, 2003, 10:01 PM
No problem whatsoever.

Guntz348
Jan 31, 2003, 10:07 PM
I'd have to say I really dont care what other people wants to do. As long as the 2 people, regaurdless of race or sex, love and care for each other then why should any one tell them they can't be together? I mean obviously theres a lot of religeous reasons and there parents wishes and things like that but, it dont bother me. I really must say though man starting a thread like this is like smoking at the gas pumps, I give you credit for asking the question though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Rotis
Jan 31, 2003, 10:08 PM
No problems with it here. I've never been in an interracial relationship, but I'd have nothing against one. Silly thing to be offended by.

Though... I've got to admit that every time I see a fat balding white middle-aged man wincing as his tiny asian wife screams at him, I can't help but snicker.

I had a friend in middle school who was half-caucasian, half-Korean. Her father lived in fear of her mother...

ABDUR101
Jan 31, 2003, 10:10 PM
It worries me that people still disagree with interracial relationships. =

Interracial relationships don't bother me, by far. We're all human. Unfortunately there are people who have their own ideals who find an interracial relationship a disgrace. I find these people to be very..offensive to be around. Sadly, there's a vast majority of people like that around where I live. =

If it doesn't bother you, then that's all that matters. There are alot of reasons why people don't agree with it, whether it's just based on skin color or goes deeper.

An example is, part of my family are entirely against interracial relationships, and it's no surprise because they are very racist. They don't agree with it purely based on the skin color of someone.

There are some who have deeper rooted reasons for being against it of course, but it just depends on how they think. =

Kent
Jan 31, 2003, 11:11 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being in a relationship with another human, regardless of ethnicity, they're still humans! Anyone who thinks otherwise, well, that's their problem.

Vitamin_D
Feb 1, 2003, 03:05 AM
No problems here. Infact my last girlfriend was white. Like Big Pun once said, "I Don't Discriminate, I regulate every shade of the ass."

haterade
Feb 1, 2003, 04:37 AM
Haha... too bad my girlfriend's father doesn't see shit like this. The fact that people are actually okay with interracial relations would just break his heart... by the way, I'm black, and my girlfriend is white.

Funny thing is, the more my girlfriend's father talks his shit, the more it drives her to be with me, and it drives me further to be with her. There's nothing sweeter than the feeling of knowing that you're sleeping with a racist father's daughter, and there ain't SHIT he can do about it... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 1, 2003, 07:13 AM
I'm the racist type who would claim to have nothing against interracial relationships, but would never start one.

Abaddon
Feb 1, 2003, 08:20 AM
Im guilty for interracial relationships ^_^.

most of the partners ive had have been asian or half asian. i beleive its fine as.
besides, my origin is not pedigree. im 5th generation greek but i have scottish and irish traits within. so to hate interracial relationships would be contradicting myself

i say let them be ^_^

TeamPhalanx
Feb 1, 2003, 08:25 AM
On 2003-02-01 04:13, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
I'm the racist type who would claim to have nothing against interracial relationships, but would never start one.

But, your Newman has been in a relationship with a Human...

Other than some old/stupid beliefs in society, I don't see any reason why I should be against such a thing. Heck, from a biological perspective, it's actually a good thing since it would mean a more diverse gene pool.

SorceressofTime
Feb 1, 2003, 08:46 AM
i have nothing against interracial relationships as i am half asian, half australian. in fact, i'd love to be with someone who is from mixed races. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifv

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SorceressofTime on 2003-02-01 05:47 ]</font>

Ness
Feb 1, 2003, 09:33 AM
I don't see races anymore. All I see are humans. So to answer the questions, I don't mind interacial relationships infact, I encourage them because the soon we all start mixing, the sooner we will all become one race. That will totally annialate racism.

Deathscythealpha
Feb 1, 2003, 12:29 PM
Humans are humans, doesnt matter what colour their skin is. If two people want to be together, why try to stop them?

Ghaleon
Feb 1, 2003, 12:29 PM
no problem here

Tryce
Feb 1, 2003, 12:43 PM
On 2003-02-01 00:05, Vitamin_D wrote:
No problems here. Infact my last girlfriend was white. Like Big Pun once said, "I Don't Discriminate, I regulate every shade of the ass."

I second that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Since when was there ever a problem with ethnicities. The only problems I see are pretty minor, school feuds, race feuds at school, and just those who haven't changed their mindset on racism, but those people are usually old and bound to leave soon so...

-BK-
Feb 1, 2003, 01:56 PM
I'm a mut as it is. I've got a lot of different European in me as well as Native American. Personally, I find some "black" girls attractive, and typically find asian girls hot. If you are in love with them, that's all that matters.

amoralist
Feb 1, 2003, 02:15 PM
"This life is not just a read through."

-BK-
Feb 1, 2003, 02:19 PM
On 2003-02-01 11:15, amoralist wrote:
"This life is not just a read through."

Damn, I forgot where that comes from. What song is that?

nevermind, it's Chili Peppers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hagakura on 2003-02-01 15:08 ]</font>

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Feb 1, 2003, 03:11 PM
On 2003-02-01 00:05, Vitamin_D wrote:

Really though lol. My last girlfriend was an Islander/White. Hella beautiful ^_^

Phobos-X
Feb 1, 2003, 06:20 PM
we're all black when the lights go out anyway, so what's it matter. find someone you're happy with, turn out the lights and have some fun!

Ness
Feb 1, 2003, 06:40 PM
On 2003-02-01 15:20, Phobos-X wrote:
we're all black when the lights go out anyway, so what's it matter. find someone you're happy with, turn out the lights and have some fun!

LOL! Glowstick wars!

Yeah.. racism is bad very bad. It should be destroyed. I thought everyone knew that by now.

Guile
Feb 1, 2003, 10:21 PM
I've been in many, in one now

hell I'm the product of a interracial relationship!

RuneLateralus
Feb 1, 2003, 11:47 PM
I never seen anything wrong with interracial relationships. Stupid thing for people to worry about I feel.

Alisha
Feb 2, 2003, 12:07 AM
considering im an interracial child no i dont ave a problem with it

JavaMoon
Feb 2, 2003, 12:18 AM
I'm for any two people falling in love, regardless of their race, gender, beliefs, or anything else.

Guile
Feb 2, 2003, 12:30 AM
Come into the grey!!

Ian D
Feb 2, 2003, 12:34 AM
I have nothing against them, but they are usually frowned upon where I live.

obi-wang
Feb 2, 2003, 03:54 AM
to quote abdur, we're all human,then again im the kind of guy who believes in the freedom of everything. XD

Ness
Feb 2, 2003, 07:53 AM
On 2003-02-01 19:21, Guile wrote:
I've been in many, in one now

hell I'm the product of a interracial relationship!

What are you a mix of?

keichishoshuko
Feb 2, 2003, 01:34 PM
Im a filipino, and back there, the word " racist" doesn't even exist, HECK! my country has like EVERY country in it ! I mean, we say hi in mexican, say goodbye in malaysian ( I think) we cook spanish and chinese food as a part of our culture, heck, we all also speak american! and by golly! I thnk were the only race ( that I know of..-_-x) that endorses other racial weddings, he he he he

ooh, and im living in CA right now!

even though my GF's not really from another place, she lived in japan, and when I was a kid I promised myslef i'd marry someone that was from another country,.. but she WAS so technically... he he he he
andim in the U.S. right now and she's back in my country and hopefully be reunited soon ^_^x

SorceressofTime
Feb 3, 2003, 05:19 AM
On 2003-02-02 10:34, keichishoshuko wrote:
Im a filipino, and back there, the word " racist" doesn't even exist, HECK! my country has like EVERY country in it ! I mean, we say hi in mexican, say goodbye in malaysian ( I think) we cook spanish and chinese food as a part of our culture, heck, we all also speak american! and by golly! I thnk were the only race ( that I know of..-_-x) that endorses other racial weddings, he he he he

even though my GF's not really from another place, she lived in japan, and when I was a kid I promised myslef i'd marry someone that was from another country,.. but she WAS so technically... he he he he
andim in the U.S. right now and she's back in my country and hopefully be reunited soon ^_^x

interesting... all i've heard in the philippines is people speaking in tagalog....and yeah... heard chinese a few times, but mexican?! well the times have changed http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BlackRose
Feb 3, 2003, 10:15 AM
I despise interracial relationships. Why do we have different races if not to kill eachother over? Geez, the skin's a different color, of COURSE they're obviously incompatible with anyone else. We should all put up big walls around anything that's different.

[/sarcasm]

...The argument for racism cracks me up...

Vitamin_D
Feb 3, 2003, 10:32 AM
...The argument for racism cracks me up...

Indeed, me too. What's funny is there really is no real argument to begin with. So stupid.

Mike
Feb 3, 2003, 10:46 AM
Nope.

-BK-
Feb 3, 2003, 12:09 PM
On 2003-02-02 10:34, keichishoshuko wrote:

Long distance relationships can be tough. I hope the best for you, bro.

TheWhiteShadow
Feb 3, 2003, 02:18 PM
Look at the children of so-called 'mixed' parentage around you. It's not anyone's imagination that these are coming about more and more. Eventually, those that think themselves 'purebreeds' will be in the minority and children of interracial marriages will be the norm. I hope it happens soon, so that we can stop this whole 'my culture is better than your culture' rubbish that still is a part of society.

Phobos-X
Feb 3, 2003, 02:36 PM
'purebreeds'

purebreed? to be honest there are no more "true purebreeds." i dont want to get religious, but lets take it back to the beginning to our current time frame. Humans have been here for at LEAST 2003 years, thats 2003 years of constant "cross-breeding" of "purebreeds." and thats just taking it back to Jesus' time, now imagine if we take it way waaaaaaaaaay back! I may be black, and fill out "african american" on applications, but ironically, me, and the rest of everyone else is just one big mix of races...well thats just how i see it

MaJin
Feb 3, 2003, 03:21 PM
"Negative"

TheWhiteShadow
Feb 3, 2003, 03:23 PM
No argument there; that's the reason I put the word in quotes. Sad how some people try to set themselves apart from everyone else, though. Like Ness, I also only see the human and not the culture.

Guile
Feb 3, 2003, 09:28 PM
On 2003-02-02 04:53, Ness wrote:

What are you a mix of?

I'm half Mexican, and half Irish...but look mostly Mex..my name is very Irish

Kayumi
Feb 4, 2003, 12:25 AM
My cousin is engaged to a Chinese man. (We're white). Now this is fine, in fact, it's great, and everyone's happy that she's found someone and so on.

Except her brother.

For some reason, he's extremely pissed off that she's marrying a Chinese person. His parents (despite their many other failings) are not racist in the least, so it's not from them.

I used to be able to...barely...get along with my cousin, but since I heard that he's against his sister getting married on the basis of the ethnicity of her fiance, I don't think I have a civil word to say to him ever again.

Saladwood
Feb 4, 2003, 01:35 AM
Not really reading anything anyone posted here all I have to say is this:

If anyone has a problem with interracial relationships, then they're just a racist.

Ness
Feb 4, 2003, 07:06 AM
On 2003-02-03 22:35, PSOSaladWood wrote:
Not really reading anything anyone posted here all I have to say is this:

If anyone has a problem with interracial relationships, then they're just a racist.

Amen to that!

Remnant
Feb 6, 2003, 03:24 AM
I hate the word racist, there is only one race, the human race. People who are "racist" are people who stereotype others by their looks (color skin). My mother is that way, I think it's because of the way she grew up, the school she went to and i guess because of the way she was treated by particular skin-colored people (resentment i guess). It all has to do with your upbringing, in most cases...I agree with interracial marriages, after all I do believe that we did come from two people in the beginning...so believing that basically "racism," jeez well its so stupid, I don't understand how anyone could be so ignorant and/or naive to be "racist." the only way is for parents to pass down the hatred they have to their children...I feel bad for the children