PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 New Player Organization!: The S.O.S Brigade!

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 15, 2008, 11:34 PM
Introducing:

The
Save
Our
Servers
Brigade

Seeing as how Diadu Player Support is pretty much dead in the water along with Guardians United, we only have 1 Player Organization, the United PSU Player’s Association, which is unfortunately only focused on the 360 community. So I have decided to make a new Player Organization, but this one is going to be different from all other Organizations.

What is The S.O.S Brigade?
To put it bluntly, the PC/PS2 server population is an utter disaster. It has reached an all time low of 1 star at peak times and is becoming increasingly difficult to find a party. The S.O.S Brigade intends to solve this problem by helping in whatever way possible to increase the community size.

So how will the S.O.S Brigade go about solving this problem?
There are two goals we have that we believe if accomplished will solve this problem. Our two goals are the following:

1) Plug up the drain on the Community by giving players a reason to stay. This will be done by things such as events aimed at helping people hunt rare weapons and level up characters at places other than the typical hotspots. This should in theory give players more reasons to play and make the game a bit more exciting while at the same time encouraging players who quit or left a reason to come back and means to catch up with the rest of the community.

2) Turn the Faucet back on bringing new players into the Community. This will be done by encouraging players to recruit friends by showing them the means to do so and possibly a reward for both the recruiter and the recruited. We will also look into doing our own advertising campaign for the game to make the game better known by whatever means possible. With Goal one accomplished and stable this will entice new players to join and the events from goal one will give new players and old players a reason to stay.

How can I help?
Right now this is still in the planning stage, we need people to help plan and organize events and then people to help run said events to help us accomplish goal 1. Anyone who wants to help may simply volunteer in this thread. Hopefully if this gets enough support we can get the GMs in on it by possibly giving unique prizes in the game for some of these events as well as possibly pass ideas up to the people in charge for things we as players can’t do, such as free trial weekends, real life prizes, maybe helping with the ad campaign idea stated above.

Our forums are located at:
http://forums.thesosbrigade.net

This is our Chance to help the PC/PS2 community, let’s do our best!

Current Members/Supporters:
Omochao
Lil' Zael/Aeryn Z.
oldirtybigben
Tamashi
Aewyn Murayama
TrekkiesUnite118
Speh
Ironfox
Jonathan_F
Nicole
Sonico_The_Protranser
thetim
Lunacara
Kayotic
Iorablue
Cry0
Arika
Elnendil
Miraglyth
Johan SilverFox
LionHeart.
Hewitt
Hououza
Talakara
Gibdo
Za'leshea
Elec
vorxdargo

I would also like to ask that the mods please allow this to stay here for a few days so it gets as much attention as possible before moving it to either the Guild Section or the PC/PS2 section.

Arika
Sep 15, 2008, 11:42 PM
plenty of players like to AFK at their own room universe, or any random universe during sleep time.
I suggest that if you can somehow make a campaign for those people to afk in uni2 instead, might help a bit..

btw, this is what me and my group have been working on for a few months now.

Zarode
Sep 16, 2008, 12:14 AM
Haw, good luck with this. If you pressure Sega enough, maybe they'll help some.

HINT HINT WINK WINK MUG RUBY ;D

CelestialBlade
Sep 16, 2008, 12:26 AM
I know you mean well, but this has been done about a million times. Nobody's coming back until Sega gets their act together, or until we get new content. It's not that players don't like the game itself, they just want to see Sega of America start to give more of a shit.

Arika
Sep 16, 2008, 12:35 AM
there is plenty of stuff to do even without update, so this is really a good idea.
If anybody expect them to give update weekly, it is just impossible, they do weekly sometimes, but the normal is 2 weeks/ one update, except event.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 16, 2008, 12:35 AM
Meaning the fact

We get the same treatment as SoJ / JO Version

Rather yet

Soj's decision to even do so

Where like what?

Fucking 9 months behind? Whatever the number is

It's pretty fucking far

And my god those Population charts are depressing as it is

Arika
Sep 16, 2008, 12:37 AM
or may be people from JP should stop spoiler thing here from now on, so that people here will not always rely everything on that comparison and rant rant rant..

PC users seem to care that stuff much more than Xbox users, simply because less xbox user post on forum.
so xbox doesn't has this much problem.

Freshellent
Sep 16, 2008, 12:43 AM
Well, it's better than nothing. I can respect people trying.

Though, I've done quite a bit to bring people from irl to this game. A lot of them have stayed, a lot of them have left.

So good luck, I mean that.

Powder Keg
Sep 16, 2008, 12:44 AM
If the game were complete right now, as in every mission/class etc available, does anyone think we'd see that much of an improvement?

The day we received the new Neudaiz S2 and GBR I don't even remember seeing more than two stars in uni2. I'm not so sure it's about new content anymore.

What I'd really like to know, is why people quit. I'm sure it could be a number of things, whether it's games coming out faster than you can blink nowadays, grinding your PAs to death and making yourself bored, or something else I can't think of.

Para
Sep 16, 2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah population is getting tight... hence why many players need to stop bitching about each other and unite.

And...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVY4ajb57os

Arika
Sep 16, 2008, 01:12 AM
go and try to make a big unite group is the way to go for you.
hope you success, I will help out what I can, since we share the same common goal.

btw, first question from me, are you active player or casual player? because I see your level data is only ..94 ?

ashley50
Sep 16, 2008, 02:04 AM
Heh...and i thought this was animre related thing. Guess not...oh well, Good Luck on this Thing

Jian-Zero
Sep 16, 2008, 04:43 AM
Geez its not a Haruhi Suzumiya fan club?

Seority
Sep 16, 2008, 04:46 AM
I agree with the others here that this has been tried too many times by the players, but only Sega can really help that for now.
Good luck to you anyway if you are really striving for it. ^^

Rust
Sep 16, 2008, 04:50 AM
are you active player or casual player? because I see your level data is only ..94 ?

I'm playing almost every day and my highest character is lvl 95. :wacko:
You can be active and have a low level (NO, CHUCK I DON'T SPEND MY TIME AFKing :lol:).

Neith
Sep 16, 2008, 06:36 AM
Considering PSU on PC/PS2 was a huge flop in the Western World, I don't think starting a campaign to attract new people will solve anything. All you'll accomplish is bringing people here, they'll see how deserted the game CURRENTLY is, and leave again.

Reason I bolded the word currently is because it's obvious that the only reason PC/PS2 has such a low playerbase at the moment is because Neudaiz GBR has dragged on for so long. It should've only been 2 weeks, not a month. People have got bored to death of spamming the same 5 missions (can't say I blame them, I'd rather watch paint dry than run Hill of Spores again), but the remaining playerbase is all in GBR, leaving anyone who doesn't want to run it with nowhere to go.

It'll pick up a bit once we get a decent content update. While we're never going to realistically see a 5* universe again, i think it's a bit early to be saying 'Save our Server' when it's blatantly obvious why people have quit in the first place.

Besides, as nice as new players would be:
- Don't you think they'll notice how desolate PC/PS2 is and just leave anyway?
- The players who ARE left are likely the ones that won't leave unless Sega royally screws them over.

What have we learned from this? Don't rely on GBR to carry the server for a month, and don't use GBR as an excuse to take a month off from updates. Protip- people get bored of running the same thing.

Edit: lol @ SOS Brigade though, I remember watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya a while back, heh.

Arika
Sep 16, 2008, 08:33 AM
First, I don't agree that the GBR content is not enough, esepcially last one, really, if you compare..
normal update, take every 2 weeks : 1-2 new rank missions.

GBR update = take every 4 weeks : 5 new rank mission + 1 new rare mission. (this is not even count on A rank 9* on NPC, and story mission yet)

so GBR update is like 3-4 times of content that normal update usually give you.

But whatever, no matter how many content they update, they fail if they update all together, because people can play like 10-20 mission a day. and they can't update anything fast enough. Usually, what really take people to play longer are the [B]stuff they want to hunt (just like when 11* are still crazy rare, people hunt things for months), or competitive field (eg. MAG, only 1 mission, but get 500 people to spam it everydays)
So, the GBR stuff are either "no interesting" or "too easy to obtain, drop too much"

I agree with the fact that the people still is still playing now are the hardcore type, and this group of people have a lot of things to do, because either they
- can't get all stuff they want yet.
- still not cap skill they want.
- competitive type.

So that is the point, if you want to get people who will be able to play during this kind of period, find a hardcore one. And since you can't know this kind of stuff, it is still good to try to invite many people first and some of them will stay.

Another point that will actually really help is "community"
nobody want to stay with community that suck, as the reason why so many of my friends always stay out from uni 02 people. now, I would say that it might better to stay uni2 and be a part of good community.

With most of people run away from random players, those uni02 people will only see bad community part and just quit, because those group of casual players like to complain about they can run only white beast (this mean they don't have enough active friends to call out to other place)
In order to prevent those kind of stuff from happening, the network of friends will help!, especially people that are active or online a lot.

So I think this part of the SOS idea is going to the correct way already, but I m not sure how successful will this be. SOS will only successful if they can form a big group enough to get together and make networks of friends

After all 'friends' is always one of the most important reason that make people stay!

Note: if you can get a cheerful girl as leader , a cute girl, and a sharp girl. this group will become very successful.

Neith
Sep 16, 2008, 08:58 AM
My point was that GBR is 5 missions (you can't count Phantom Fissure because of its rare nature, or Sakura Blast because...no-one is running it). No-one is at Sakura Blast S2 because the drops there are mirrored in other GBR missions.

When you have a whole month to spam the same 5 missions over and over again, people will get bored fast. I know this because I've already seen a number of friends quit during the course of GBR, because they're sick to death of running it. The slow release of updates, coupled with GBR that has lasted far too long is making a lot of people leave. Sure, there's probably other reasons, but GBR is the main culprit. You even proved this in your post- the GBR drops (with the exception of Lumira / Spread, Har / Smart and a couple of others) are very easy to get.

A lot of people went into GBR to hunt some new gear- I don't think everyone expected to find it within such a short space of time. Because of that, a lot of people are running out of things to hunt. As for myself, I still have some stuff to find, but I could count the number of items I still want on one hand.

If players don't know what to do when they get online, there's less will to play.

Ezodagrom
Sep 16, 2008, 09:43 AM
In my opinion, the slow release of updates compared to the JP version is not the major reason for ppl leaving, even though the whole month of July without a single update and a 5 weeks long GBR (with nothing during it, not even the clothier) just made things worse.

I think the reasons for ppl leaving are:
"Easy mode" - PSU gets boring when the enemies take a few seconds to die...even bosses die too fast.
Lack of things to do - PSU has alot of missions, but most of them are useless, not just for the highest lvl players, but also for new players.
About new players with AOTI, why do any v1 mission when most AOTI missions have better exp and better MP rewards?
About new players with PSU v1, why do any v1 mission other than True Darkness, when most v1 missions have horrible MP rewards?
About the highest lvl players, why do any v1 mission when they have enemies at lvls so low (80 - 115), don't have exp as good as AOTI missions, and have worse drops?

Even though this player organization is a good thing, there's many things SEGA could do to improve things.

About the "easy mode", they should make enemies and bosses become stronger with more party members for S rank or higher ranked missions. Also changing the way Scape Dolls work could be good, for example, making them work only around 10 or 20 seconds after the player died. Like this moon atomizers and giresta would be more useful.

About the lack of things to do part, they should rebalance the MP rewards and exp for all missions. Also they should make S3 difficulty with lvl 150+ enemies for v1 missions and increase the enemies lvls on Caves of Ice S2 and Awoken Serpent S2 to lvl 150+.
The S3 difficulty on v1 missions could make missions like The Holy Ground or Lab Recovery alot more useful.

Oh, and change the Crea+ junk weapons to be area drops instead of specific lvl 150+ enemies drops, while changing those enemies that drop Crea+ to something more useful (for example Tesbra for Olgohmon, Grand Cross for Go Vahra, Blackheart for Booma...or even completely different drops). >.>

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 16, 2008, 10:41 AM
go and try to make a big unite group is the way to go for you.
hope you success, I will help out what I can, since we share the same common goal.

btw, first question from me, are you active player or casual player? because I see your level data is only ..94 ?

Oh, I'm actually capped I just rarely update my data.

And yes I know this is going to be difficult and if we get people to join they will probably leave immediately. This is why I have goal 1 which is intended to get people to stay and current people who rarely play to come back. If goal 1 succeeds it might give a slight boost to give new players confidence in the community.

Dragwind
Sep 16, 2008, 11:24 AM
I've been supporting this community from the start, and have been doing some of these methods for a while.

All I can recommend at this point would be to make some exciting promotional videos to fly up on youtube, advertise on websites, public profiles, etc.

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 16, 2008, 11:34 AM
I've been supporting this community from the start, and have been doing some of these methods for a while.

All I can recommend at this point would be to make some exciting promotional videos to fly up on youtube, advertise on websites, public profiles, etc.

That's the main idea behind goal two. But as I said that wont help until we give players a reason to keep playing.

Arika
Sep 16, 2008, 06:44 PM
My point was that GBR is 5 missions (you can't count Phantom Fissure because of its rare nature, or Sakura Blast because...no-one is running it). No-one is at Sakura Blast S2 because the drops there are mirrored in other GBR missions.

When you have a whole month to spam the same 5 missions over and over again, people will get bored fast. I know this because I've already seen a number of friends quit during the course of GBR, because they're sick to death of running it. The slow release of updates, coupled with GBR that has lasted far too long is making a lot of people leave. Sure, there's probably other reasons, but GBR is the main culprit. You even proved this in your post- the GBR drops (with the exception of Lumira / Spread, Har / Smart and a couple of others) are very easy to get.

A lot of people went into GBR to hunt some new gear- I don't think everyone expected to find it within such a short space of time. Because of that, a lot of people are running out of things to hunt. As for myself, I still have some stuff to find, but I could count the number of items I still want on one hand.

If players don't know what to do when they get online, there's less will to play.

My point is that, compare to normal update, you got like 3-4 times of content, with the period of 4 weeks break, instead of 2 weeks break. it is much better already.
Do you know? there is still normal a few normal update that you will only get exchange mission and nothing else for 2 weeks. there will be a single new mission and nothing for 2 weeks too.

If you complain about GBR is not enough update for 4 weeks, then I would say sorry, you will never get anything that saisfy you ever then. Because that is the biggest update pack that you can get in the period of 4 weeks already. from now on until later.
note: I know that it is boring when there is no update for 4 weeks, but at the same time, seeing from the big picture, I will not complain that GBR is too less content for 4 weeks, they only failed because they didn't split it up to weekly update, but they released it at once. Would people still complain, if they give one new mission every week? (it is much better to keep people stay than give you 6 mission at 4 week then)

My point is that, GBR is already enough content, the real reason why people not stay is that:
1. don't have friend who is online to contact
2. don't hunt stuff, or already obtain what they want (too bad, if nobody know anything about Lumirus/Kaosknight same as the situation in JP back then. a lot of people will still hunting red/knight now, because they don't expect any new arm unit soon)
3. who tell them to keep running GBR? as if they have no choice to run other mission.
4. ST should keep getting us something new every 2 week instead of giving a big update for 4 week. (?)

I don't care at 4. personally, but if you say thing like that, then yes, they should learn their reason about instead of give 100% content for 4 weeks, it is better to give 50% for 2 weeks x 2 times. Or 25% every weeks. It seem people prefer getting a new content frequently no matter if that mean getting less content or not. they just want something change a little bit every weeks.

(I know all the future update for 7 months, and I know that even if I divided every update by 1 week per 1 week, there is no any bigger update than neudaiz GBR at the rate /week ;except event)

I also want to mention that the best thing ST has and it is also the worst thing is : their mercy
- they changed the drop rate for those uber rare item in the past which are the reason people stay hunting. (Remember how long does it take you to get your har/quick back then? Remember the uber 11* ? this reduce the time that people need to hunt item, and when they got them, they quit )
- they making event that give you a lot of drop boost and exp boost. (seeing things like this, why would people want to play during normal period, when they can get their thing in short amount of time in event? )
- Whenever there is a good item with very high rarity, they always give you a easy drop version with a little less power too (see they respond to the people demand for red/knight with kaos/knight afterward. See how they give you a lot of melee low % junk, while the 50% is too rare for casual players to obtain. )

Basically, all of those update are too much benefit to players, give them too much easiness and they will just quit afterward.
so those are ST fault, but it is also why I love this game. because this gamedoesn't force everybody to play all day 24/7 to hunt stuff like all other MMORPG . (if you want to compare to other MMO where players stay for long, all of those has crazy way of grinding which require all your life time)

Arika
Sep 16, 2008, 07:07 PM
Oh, I'm actually capped I just rarely update my data.

And yes I know this is going to be difficult and if we get people to join they will probably leave immediately. This is why I have goal 1 which is intended to get people to stay and current people who rarely play to come back. If goal 1 succeeds it might give a slight boost to give new players confidence in the community.

as I conclude it in the last topic:
-Friend.
the reason for people to stay is active friends who is running, not just GBR, but up to other place too. Most people can't stay when they are being forced to play the same mission over and over.
-Personal goal
if they have competitive in their mind, or being hardcore type. They will likely to stay by themselves, because it is not easy to capped all PA. it take quite alot of time. not to mention the common goal of getting 42%+ spear set that most people who is playing now are also trying.
-Limited rare
as long as one has goal to accomplish anything, one will stay. This including the goal that ST give to them such as leader board. You can see how effective it was ? lol, 8 weeks of MAG, and people still spam it over and over in C RANK I can't image anything more boring than that, but they did it, just because they have their goal. I don't prefer this kind of things, but seeing how effective it was, ST really need to set more limited rare stuff that can hunt only during a short period like love inferno (that one was also another efftive measure that keep people hunting jap for 2 weeks long with no other update)
-Interesting event
if you can manage to trew up any event to interest them, people will come back. a lot of example has reactivated account for my last group event. (fashion show)
Funny enough, amount of people who went to that event is he same as amount of active people now (1 full star)

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 17, 2008, 12:09 AM
Forums are up!:

http://psu-sos.proboards102.com/index.cgi

Arika
Sep 17, 2008, 02:24 AM
Hmm.. I don't think it is a good idea to separate forum when the population is low tho.
you might only need to make a group here, more suitable for the size.
but anyway, up to you. hope you manage it good then.

Seority
Sep 17, 2008, 05:48 AM
In my opinion, the slow release of updates compared to the JP version is not the major reason for ppl leaving, even though the whole month of July without a single update and a 5 weeks long GBR (with nothing during it, not even the clothier) just made things worse.

"Easy mode" - PSU gets boring when the enemies take a few seconds to die...even bosses die too fast.
Lack of things to do - PSU has alot of missions, but most of them are useless, not just for the highest lvl players, but also for new players.
About new players with AOTI, why do any v1 mission when most AOTI missions have better exp and better MP rewards?
About new players with PSU v1, why do any v1 mission other than True Darkness, when most v1 missions have horrible MP rewards?
About the highest lvl players, why do any v1 mission when they have enemies at lvls so low (80 - 115), don't have exp as good as AOTI missions, and have worse drops?

Even though this player organization is a good thing, there's many things SEGA could do to improve things.

About the "easy mode", they should make enemies and bosses become stronger with more party members for S rank or higher ranked missions. Also changing the way Scape Dolls work could be good, for example, making them work only around 10 or 20 seconds after the player died. Like this moon atomizers and giresta would be more useful.

About the lack of things to do part, they should rebalance the MP rewards and exp for all missions. Also they should make S3 difficulty with lvl 150+ enemies for v1 missions and increase the enemies lvls on Caves of Ice S2 and Awoken Serpent S2 to lvl 150+.
The S3 difficulty on v1 missions could make missions like The Holy Ground or Lab Recovery alot more useful.

Oh, and change the Crea+ junk weapons to be area drops instead of specific lvl 150+ enemies drops, while changing those enemies that drop Crea+ to something more useful (for example Tesbra for Olgohmon, Grand Cross for Go Vahra, Blackheart for Booma...or even completely different drops). >.>

<3 This explination!
Sega IS being lazy about our server. We are still oodles behind Japan. The only reason we don't have S3 is becuase Japan doesn't yet. There are SO many things Sega CAN do to help this game become more enjoyable, but they simply arn't. Why? Many reasons.
-They ARE lazy.
-Japan has to have it also.
-Microsoft has to agree.
-Etc.
The players can only do so much. It's all up to Sega now to make this game better. We can only do stuff with the addicts of the game with the very casual players also. I'm very sad about this too.

We pay money to this game for what reason? For the constant updates! Yes we are finally getting our updates, but we should still get updates every week, hence new content.

What did they give us with GBR?
-Fireworks Lobby (They just doubled up the Neudaiz lobby to make it greatly lag for us PS2 players :/ )
-S2 missions (new items drop woo~ )
-% boosts to certian missions
-Phantom Fissure (Yay new -impossible- drops?)
-New Story Mission (with one new thing)

That's it. Yes it's the most we've gotten in a LONG time, but that's still only a little to what we should have already.
There's even a thread about it. People ARE bored of GBR. It is going on for way too long, and they could still give us updates durring it. Not giving us any at all because "Oh they have GBR to keep them busy" IS being just plain lazy.

DreXxiN
Sep 17, 2008, 12:51 PM
Issue with lack of contents.

Playstation 2

And GBR is always for a month. Don't feel forced to play it just because they boost it, you guys lol...

You can do whatever you want, think of it as just a month without an event, yiesh.

Stop playing with 4-6 people

Useless? How is it useless, you can find everything for everybody in most missions, LOL. And most are fun, you might just play too much.

*Sigh*. Because levels are so important right? For fun maybe or for the DROPS?

About new players with PSU v1, why do any v1 mission other than True Darkness, when most v1 missions have horrible MP rewards?Well you must be close to the Class cap anyway if monsters and bosses can die in 3 seconds right? :3

Y NO MP. Y NO XP. Y NO MP. Y NO XP.

"I FCkin Hate EZ MODE!!!! AND SEGA!! MAKE STUFF I WANT EZIER TO DROPPPP"

My hypothesis is taking Scape Dolls out of shops would change everything :) Kthx

If you seriously lack things to do with the variety in this game right now (Maybe not the best, but still relatively adequate), The sun is always waiting for you to greet him. He gets lonely when you complain about being bored of PSU. :(

CelestialBlade
Sep 17, 2008, 01:03 PM
My hypothesis is taking Scape Dolls out of shops would change everything :) Kthx
Been saying this for a long time. It'd teach you dern Forces to dodge a little.

This game CAN be difficult, most people don't realize it because the spammed missions are the easy ones. Electronic Brain has some pretty awesome rewards and good EXP, but nobody does it anymore. It's actually fairly challenging. Military Subway has crazy MP, but nobody does it because Block 5 is insanity.

Not saying there isn't a severe imbalance in rewards in this game, but there's a reason nobody does certain missions even if they're actually rewarding.

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 17, 2008, 01:04 PM
Hmm.. I don't think it is a good idea to separate forum when the population is low tho.
you might only need to make a group here, more suitable for the size.
but anyway, up to you. hope you manage it good then.

Well this isn't just being announced here. I've also announced it on the official forums as well and there are people both here and on the official forums who rarely go to the other. So I figured making a forum where all info is centralized was a good idea.

Rust
Sep 17, 2008, 01:21 PM

I have to disagree with that. I never bought any Scape Dolls, even before the incapacitation penalty change in v.1. Those times, I'm actually forced to NPC them at some point because I find too many of them during missions and can't carry any more of them. And I'm pretty much soloing all the time.
I even soloed a lvl 90 Dimmagolus yesterday with my lvl 85 beast WT, no Scape Doll in my inventory and only a bow. Besides the Gaozorans I still can't handle when I'm soloing and maybe the Maggas Maggahna, most of the stuff in this game isn't even difficult when you're soloing (unless you're soloing against mobs 30 levels above yours). Some areas are long but not hard ; I don't even have S rank stuff and most of my PAs aren't capped and I already find this game pretty easy, so what might it be for lvl 140 people with leet gear and capped PAs against mobs 10 lvls under theirs...
I'm not complaining about PSU being too easy though ; that makes at least an online game on which I can solo without it being a chore when I don't feel like following the crowds. But still, it's a fact.

Cracka_J
Sep 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
Stuff like this has generally failed in the past because:

A) The organizers have private agendas.

B) Players are used, instead of working toward a common goal.

C) There is no respect or equal say among participants.

D) People hate groups/clans/guilds/etc.

I'm not saying this group is doomed for the same fate or has the same potential problems, but if you look at past groups that have attempted to accomplish the same thing, I bet you can pin their downfall on one of the 4 things I listed.

To be honest, I think the only way you can effectively restart/reunite the pc/ps2 community would be to rebuild an open community ventrilo channel. There used to be one before I even used the program, but for whatever reason (likely spam), I heard it went private, locked, and then disappeared or whatever.

Vent makes it EXTREMELY easy for people to locate other players, find parties, trade items, etc, etc, etc, and makes GOOD TEAMWORK a breeze. If you have intention to follow through on your plans, rebuilding an open pc/ps2 community vent would be my #1 priority.

Ezodagrom
Sep 17, 2008, 07:08 PM
Stop playing with 4-6 people
Even in small parties of 2 or 3 ppl many missions are too easy...some are too easy even soloing...

Useless? How is it useless, you can find everything for everybody in most missions, LOL. And most are fun, you might just play too much.

Yeah, it's so fun doing missions like Lab Recovery, or The Holy Ground when a player is higher than lvl 120 and the enemies on those missions are around 80 or 85 on their highest difficulty...

*Sigh*. Because levels are so important right? For fun maybe or for the DROPS?

Well you must be close to the Class cap anyway if monsters and bosses can die in 3 seconds right? :3

Y NO MP. Y NO XP. Y NO MP. Y NO XP.
My point is that missions should be rebalanced. Missions like White Beast shouldn't be more rewarding than missions like Plains Overlord just because those are expansion missions.

"I FCkin Hate EZ MODE!!!! AND SEGA!! MAKE STUFF I WANT EZIER TO DROPPPP"

Yeah, I sure said that things are too easy because rare items are common...:rolleyes:
The only thing I think that became too easy is enemies and bosses dieing too fast. And this is what I think that should happen about this:

they should make enemies and bosses become stronger with more party members for S rank or higher ranked missions.

About the exp, drop rates, mp, meseta boosts with AOTI release and even the photon arts leveling boost, I actually think those were a good thing (except in events, the boosts on those are a bit too much). I just think they should have made PSU v1 missions have as good exp, drop rates, mp and meseta as AOTI missions, and also the addition of a new difficulty with lvl 150+ enemies or even a rebalance of those old missions.
This is my idea of how a rebalance of all missions could be (only about enemies lvls):
C - lvl 5 - 20 enemies
B - lvl 25 - 45
A - lvl 50 - 95
S - lvl 100 - 145
S2 - lvl 150+
It's just weird some A rank AOTI missions (Electronic Brain A - lvl 95+) have higher lvl enemies than some S2 PSUv1 missions (The Holy Ground S2 - lvl 85+).

About the examples to replace Creas+, if v1 missions would really get lvl 150+ enemies someday, missions like Mad Creatures and Plains Overlord would have mostly Crea+ drops. If the enemies that drop Creas+ would have other drops, players could want to play those more.
Also...about the Blackheart/Grand Cross example, they will become common anyway on Parum GBR...so...
Well, if Grand Cross would drop from Go Vahra lvl 150+ or if Tesbra would drop from Olgohmon lvl 150+...Go do some Plains Overlord S2 runs...how many 2-headed ragnus would you find? Go do some Demons Above S2 runs...how many Uransaras would you find?
They're not so EZ RARZ on there, I guess...

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 17, 2008, 09:29 PM
Zael has made us a video:
http://www.youtube.com/v/PhyrfUKHsto

DreXxiN
Sep 17, 2008, 10:54 PM
Even in small parties of 2 or 3 ppl many missions are too easy...some are too easy even soloing...

Yeah, it's so fun doing missions like Lab Recovery, or The Holy Ground when a player is higher than lvl 120 and the enemies on those missions are around 80 or 85 on their highest difficulty...

My point is that missions should be rebalanced. Missions like White Beast shouldn't be more rewarding than missions like Plains Overlord just because those are expansion missions.

Yeah, I sure said that things are too easy because rare items are common...:rolleyes:
The only thing I think that became too easy is enemies and bosses dieing too fast. And this is what I think that should happen about this:

About the exp, drop rates, mp, meseta boosts with AOTI release and even the photon arts leveling boost, I actually think those were a good thing (except in events, the boosts on those are a bit too much). I just think they should have made PSU v1 missions have as good exp, drop rates, mp and meseta as AOTI missions, and also the addition of a new difficulty with lvl 150+ enemies or even a rebalance of those old missions.
This is my idea of how a rebalance of all missions could be (only about enemies lvls):
C - lvl 5 - 20 enemies
B - lvl 25 - 45
A - lvl 50 - 95
S - lvl 100 - 145
S2 - lvl 150+
It's just weird some A rank AOTI missions (Electronic Brain A - lvl 95+) have higher lvl enemies than some S2 PSUv1 missions (The Holy Ground S2 - lvl 85+).

About the examples to replace Creas+, if v1 missions would really get lvl 150+ enemies someday, missions like Mad Creatures and Plains Overlord would have mostly Crea+ drops. If the enemies that drop Creas+ would have other drops, players could want to play those more.
Also...about the Blackheart/Grand Cross example, they will become common anyway on Parum GBR...so...
Well, if Grand Cross would drop from Go Vahra lvl 150+ or if Tesbra would drop from Olgohmon lvl 150+...Go do some Plains Overlord S2 runs...how many 2-headed ragnus would you find? Go do some Demons Above S2 runs...how many Uransaras would you find?
They're not so EZ RARZ on there, I guess...

I disagree on most V1 missions being as rewarding as WB. Especially WBS2..it's way harder than Plains Overlord and just about any other V1 Mission S2. So it really shouldn't be more rewarding. ;/

Rebalances would be a bad idea considering there will be up to S5 in the future.

Seority
Sep 18, 2008, 02:49 AM
Stuff like this has generally failed in the past because:

A) The organizers have private agendas.

B) Players are used, instead of working toward a common goal.

C) There is no respect or equal say among participants.

D) People hate groups/clans/guilds/etc.

I'm not saying this group is doomed for the same fate or has the same potential problems, but if you look at past groups that have attempted to accomplish the same thing, I bet you can pin their downfall on one of the 4 things I listed.

To be honest, I think the only way you can effectively restart/reunite the pc/ps2 community would be to rebuild an open community ventrilo channel. There used to be one before I even used the program, but for whatever reason (likely spam), I heard it went private, locked, and then disappeared or whatever.

Vent makes it EXTREMELY easy for people to locate other players, find parties, trade items, etc, etc, etc, and makes GOOD TEAMWORK a breeze. If you have intention to follow through on your plans, rebuilding an open pc/ps2 community vent would be my #1 priority.

Yes Cracka! This is a stupidendous idea!
Let's just make pc/ps2 just like the xbox, except with a load of whining babys and jealous idoits in one channel!
:/

Oh, you were looking for an explination?
[SPOILER-BOX]-Some groups still exist on PSU. A lot of them, though, had failed.
-Are you talking about one vent channel with multiple rooms? I hope you know we still have about 100 people still playing regularly, and I'm not sure one channel could fit them all. Not everyone can afford their own either.
-Easy to find people? Unless I gave them my card, I don't want them to be able to find me. I enjoy my privacy.
-Yes, during MAG, vent makes teamwork HELLA easier, but UNFORTUNETLY, there's no need for teamwork anymore. The hardest mission can still be completed with a group of 4 whom none have to try to hard.

I see how with a group of friends this would be wanted, but with just the whole random popluation, the game is what needs to change, not the communicaion.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ezodagrom
Sep 18, 2008, 05:45 AM
I disagree on most V1 missions being as rewarding as WB. Especially WBS2..it's way harder than Plains Overlord and just about any other V1 Mission S2. So it really shouldn't be more rewarding. ;/

Rebalances would be a bad idea considering there will be up to S5 in the future.

Rebalance or S3 difficulty with lvl 150+ enemies for v1 missions, anything...I just think the v1 missions shouldn't be left behind with lvl 80 - 115 enemies max. Also, about there being missions up to S5, even though there's S2, S3, S4 and S5 icons on the game data, missions don't use icons, so that doesn't mean there will ever be more than S2 missions.

About v1 missions being as rewarding as WB, I wanted to say...at least closer. As it is now, Plains Overlord C has 8 MP reward, The Dual Sentinel C has 9 MP reward and White Beast C has 75 MP reward...The difference between most C rank v1 missions (with a few exceptions) and AOTI ones is huge.
About the ones with lvl 100+ enemies, Plains Overlord S2 has 50 MP, The Dual Sentinel S2 has 137 MP and White Beast S has 216 MP.

So...Plains Overlord S2 has even less MP than White Beast C, and White Beast S has quite a bit more MP than The Dual Sentinel S2, which might be almost as "hard" as White Beast S (or maybe harder).
And this is just the MP, there's also the meseta rewards difference and even exp...comparing Alterazgohg lvl 115 exp to De Ragnus lvl 115 exp (White Beast S - Duel in the Ruins S2), it's 11304 for alteraz and 8164 for ragnus.

As I said, they should make v1 missions have as good rewards as AOTI missions, but based on the difficulty of each one, obviously the easiest ones should have lower rewards, but not as much as making a mission with lvl 100 enemies have lower MP than a mission with lvl 20 enemies.

Arika
Sep 18, 2008, 09:18 AM
@ OP
I honestly suggest that you need to make a big campaign to bring people back to uni 02 or uni 01 (might be cool)
It has been too much desert there, and there is the only place for casual players to find party. I feel bad for them, when they have no choice but to permanently quit when they can't find any party, because all the main players split up and try to avoid them.

Dragwind
Sep 18, 2008, 09:52 AM
@ OP
I honestly suggest that you need to make a big campaign to bring people back to uni 02 or uni 01 (might be cool)
It has been too much desert there, and there is the only place for casual players to find party. I feel bad for them, when they have no choice but to permanently quit when they can't find any party, because all the main players split up and try to avoid them.

I've been trying to get others to support playing on Uni 2 for a while, but not with enough enthusiasm I'll say. If you guys could collectively show that we have a bigger population then what it may blindly appear, you would be surprised how that could put many people at ease. It doesn't seem like Sonic Team will remove those un-needed universes any time soon.

However, an argument that always stands is that "I don't want randoms in my party." In that case, lock your games if you must.

Cracka_J
Sep 18, 2008, 10:46 AM
Yes Cracka! This is a stupidendous idea!
Let's just make pc/ps2 just like the xbox, except with a load of whining babys and jealous idoits in one channel!
:/

Vent can be moderated, just like any internet forum. Different moderators assuming different times of day, comfortable with their PSU playtime. Just like psow, you can get spam, people you disagree and get in arguments with, etc, etc. But that's just real life, shit doesn't always go your way. Moderators are meant to police/patrol the majority of the bs you don't need to see/hear, something that is not done on 360. With a mod designated for specific times of day, you'd be able to filter much of the bs.

OMG SPOILER BOX ATTACK

[spoiler-box]
Oh, you were looking for an explination?
-Some groups still exist on PSU. A lot of them, though, had failed.

I agree, I didn't mean to make it sound like every group has failed. The majority of them, however, have, and the remaining ones are in shambles.

-Are you talking about one vent channel with multiple rooms?

yes.

I hope you know we still have about 100 people still playing regularly, and I'm not sure one channel could fit them all. Not everyone can afford their own either.

well, don't count that out yet. some people still have faith in the remaining people in this community and ARE willing to still invest in it. not everyone can join vent either, for whatever reason. so I would estimate, if everyone capable of participating was down, we'd be looking at somewhere around a 50 man vent.

-Easy to find people? Unless I gave them my card, I don't want them to be able to find me. I enjoy my privacy.

Gotta disagree with you there. If I don't want people to find me, I log off. I don't play a online mmo so I can hide from people.

-Yes, during MAG, vent makes teamwork HELLA easier, but UNFORTUNETLY, there's no need for teamwork anymore. The hardest mission can still be completed with a group of 4 whom none have to try to hard.

And it usually takes 3x longer then a 4 man party with efficient teamwork players running. Good teamwork doesn't just make a faster run either, it makes the game more enjoyable. But I could write an essay on that subject, so let's move on.

I see how with a group of friends this would be wanted, but with just the whole random popluation, the game is what needs to change, not the communicaion.

Disagree again. This is a team based mmo, where you need to find and COMMUNICATE with others to be able to find teams, parties, run random missions other then wb, etc. If communication can't advance, neither can the game.
[/spoiler-box]

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 18, 2008, 10:53 AM
@ OP

All of our events will be held in Universe 2 so that should help.

Seority
Sep 18, 2008, 03:12 PM
Vent can be moderated, just like any internet forum. Different moderators assuming different times of day, comfortable with their PSU playtime. Just like psow, you can get spam, people you disagree and get in arguments with, etc, etc. But that's just real life, shit doesn't always go your way. Moderators are meant to police/patrol the majority of the bs you don't need to see/hear, something that is not done on 360. With a mod designated for specific times of day, you'd be able to filter much of the bs.

OMG SPOILER BOX ATTACK

[spoiler-box]

I agree, I didn't mean to make it sound like every group has failed. The majority of them, however, have, and the remaining ones are in shambles.

yes.

well, don't count that out yet. some people still have faith in the remaining people in this community and ARE willing to still invest in it. not everyone can join vent either, for whatever reason. so I would estimate, if everyone capable of participating was down, we'd be looking at somewhere around a 50 man vent.

Gotta disagree with you there. If I don't want people to find me, I log off. I don't play a online mmo so I can hide from people.

And it usually takes 3x longer then a 4 man party with efficient teamwork players running. Good teamwork doesn't just make a faster run either, it makes the game more enjoyable. But I could write an essay on that subject, so let's move on.

Disagree again. This is a team based mmo, where you need to find and COMMUNICATE with others to be able to find teams, parties, run random missions other then wb, etc. If communication can't advance, neither can the game.
[/spoiler-box]

Who said things had to go "my" way? I'm stating, along with many people here, that it's up to Sega to help this game. Not much else we can do for it.

True a vent could be modded, but who wants to get home from an annoying day at work/school just to deal with more idoicy on a vent channel, and have it be thier job? ><
I'm one of those people who can't join vent, but if I would, it'd be my friends, not a PSU community. My choice with that sparky.
I LIKE TO PLAY PSU WITH MY FRIENDS. I never solo shit but thanks for asking first =P I DO NOT want people, whom I don't know, to come and harass me. Like I said, NO CARD, NO ME.
You mean this was a teambased mmo. But AotI = easy mode. Most things are easy as cake to play now with ok gear and a non-capped character. The only reason you'd want teamwork is for better times on missions. Whoo~... Besides, if you ask any random person on PSU to do time attacks you'll be slammed as an eliest and told that MAG is over. Cracka, I love to speed run stuff, but I'm never included. WHY YOU ASK? I'll tell you. Because of three little letters that I can not help with. P S 2. I load too slow to be "useful" enough and that's not something I can change as of now.

The only thing I see useful for a vent is just to chat while you play (make fun of noobs etc) and rave parties. :/
(^Useful for a player like me, if you guys didn't catch that at first.)

Arika
Sep 18, 2008, 08:33 PM
Or may be, since this is the chance, what about bring people back to uni01 instead?

unicorn
Sep 19, 2008, 09:54 AM
We are all better off just going to 360 or JP servers. Seriously.

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 19, 2008, 11:02 AM
Zael bought us a domain. Our site is now http://thesosbrigade.net

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 30, 2008, 10:44 AM
Just thought I would let you people know our new forums are up, you can find them at http://forums.thesosbrigade.net