PDA

View Full Version : Serial Experiments Lain - TechTV

WraithAkaMrak
Jan 31, 2003, 11:43 PM
Has anyone else been watching TechTV's "Anime Unleashed", currently airing Serial Experiments Lain? I watched 4 hours of it last friday, a whole 8 episodes. Lain is a pretty great series. Very real and very surreal.

Vantamiath
Jan 31, 2003, 11:47 PM
Its on right now.

I was watching it for the first time and it got a simple "meh" outta me. Some chick was standing in the road, a girl spills pop on herself, and the next thing I know they're talking about a prophecy.

I dont like anime just cause its anime.

WraithAkaMrak
Feb 1, 2003, 12:00 AM
It's probably harder starting the series part-way through...

CajunSamurai
Feb 1, 2003, 12:56 AM
I absolutely love this series. I actually watched a few of the episodes on TechTV was very surprised at some of the stuff they let slip. I didn't know you could say the "S word" on TV! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Wow. Even during the repeats of those episodes, they let it slip. Either someone screwed up a few times or cable TV is evolving or something.
Either way, it's a fantastic series and I couldn't be happier that TechTV picked it up.

TedEdFred
Feb 1, 2003, 12:57 PM
I watched it once or twice, I didn't understand what was going on, some chick, doing... stuff..

but it helped me fall asleep!

Hiirigazawa
Feb 1, 2003, 01:05 PM
Lain pisses me off. Its weird for the sake of being weird.

My impression of the entire Lain series
"OOH IS THE WORLD REALLY WHAT WE THINK IT IS?! MY COMPUTER IS FREAKING OUT"

I don't like Lain that much.

I've watched the whole series though... but I was forced to...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hiirigazawa on 2003-02-01 10:07 ]</font>

WraithAkaMrak
Feb 1, 2003, 01:06 PM
Either way, it's a fantastic series and I couldn't be happier that TechTV picked it up.Same here.

To those who've seen a bit of it and just didn't get it, it's understandable. It's a very deep, very weird series. You really have to start at the beginning to have a chance of knowing what's going on. (I say "weird" in a good sense.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithAkaMrak on 2003-02-01 10:12 ]</font>

-BK-
Feb 1, 2003, 06:14 PM
I own the series, absolutely love it. Not my all-time favorite, but one I'm glad I bought.