PDA

View Full Version : I wasn't dead...I was hunting Boomas! (Re-introduction)

Udkedae
Sep 17, 2008, 09:15 PM
Ok ignore the thread name, I'm re-introducing myself...kinda...

I'm Udk (or AJ) and I've been a Phantasy Star player since early 2007. My first introduction here was when I was looking for hints of where to find certain weapons and items, and I wasn't that active. I even left the site for some time 'cause I thought I wouldn't be playing Phantasy Star sagas anymore. ^^; the good thing is I managed to play it once more and relive the amazing experience that is Phantasy Star Online (GCN) aka "The Classic/The Original" and my personal favorite.
I wish I would have lived in the "golden days" when you were able to actually play Online; my friends and I usually call it Phantasy Star Offline :lol:.

So it's true, I've been killing Boomas and Rappys, and as an experienced gamer (yup, I kill most games in two or three days) I can say I'm Lv. 110 in PSO, but I'm tired of it (lack of friend co-op play and internet), and I'll try something new. In my profile says "Coming December 2008..." in "PSU info", so I'll be getting both the original and AOI.

Any tips on which is better (PS2/360)?

I don't even have the system to play it...yet. I'm getting the game with any of the two systems ^^.

I'd also like to try if someone has seen me (or remember me) in any other threads, :p it's just a good memory game for old members. I think I remember one thread called "Rules Of Order" wich seems to bring happy thoughts to my mind :lol:...Oh yeah! And my Al Rappy signature (so...weird :eek:).

AlexCraig
Sep 17, 2008, 09:26 PM
Welcome back!

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 01:24 AM
Any tips on which is better (PS2/360)?

Now where is that picture of the Flame Barrier? :wacko:

Welcome back!

Udkedae
Sep 18, 2008, 05:03 PM
:lol: I bet the 360 looks smoother than the PS2 one. But I've been reading and AOI on the 360 is an expansion, so I think I'll end up buying the PS3 and the PSU Ver. 1 & 2 PS2 CDs (even if I hate PlayStation's controllers).

Dhylec
Sep 18, 2008, 06:53 PM
:lol: I bet the 360 looks smoother than the PS2 one. But I've been reading and AOI on the 360 is an expansion, so I think I'll end up buying the PS3 and the PSU Ver. 1 & 2 PS2 CDs (even if I hate PlayStation's controllers).

You don't need PSUv1 to play PSUv2 (AoI) on PS3. Each game is separate. I suggest skip PSU & go for AoI for all the goodies, unless you want Ethan's story.

Ranmaru
Sep 19, 2008, 12:40 PM
Welcome back, bro. Glad to see ya back. :wacko: Game on.

Freeze
Sep 19, 2008, 05:43 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/iceburgwelcome-1.jpg

Udkedae
Sep 19, 2008, 07:22 PM
I've read of both games Dhylec, I know AOI sums like all...but thanks ^^. As a PS saga fan, I want to have both :p (and Ethan's story rules!).

Nice welcome Freeze, soon enough I'll be playing with all the PSU people :-D!

PD: Don't know if I skipped this while reading but, you can use the same data for both games right? If not, I'm dissaponited (but I'll still get them). Can anyone get me out of this confusion?

ParadiTester
Sep 20, 2008, 01:51 AM
Rofl. I just got back to psu as well, guess we're in the same boat... but why is it that I have never heard of psoworld? o.O

Oh right... solo too much -_- Anyways, good thing your back on psu, eh? ;D

Genoa
Nov 12, 2008, 02:18 PM
I've read of both games Dhylec, I know AOI sums like all...but thanks ^^. As a PS saga fan, I want to have both :p (and Ethan's story rules!).

Nice welcome Freeze, soon enough I'll be playing with all the PSU people :-D!

PD: Don't know if I skipped this while reading but, you can use the same data for both games right? If not, I'm dissaponited (but I'll still get them). Can anyone get me out of this confusion?

I'm not sure if you're referring to offline or online, but even so, you can upload your Original character data on to the expansion on both Offline story and Network mode.
So if you're really interested in the whole story, you can start the original offline. Then play online and do the original ONLINE story missions (which are the missions that continue from where the offline story left off).
THEN, upload your OFFLINE story characters to the Expansion, and play the Expansion OFFLINE story mode. THEN, upload your original ONLINE characters to the expansion and play the ONLINE story missions to finish where the OFFLINE expansion story ended.

This is the correct way to get the whole story (thus far) in the correct order.