PDA

View Full Version : GC Hunting Love Rappies

Ionic Warrior
Sep 17, 2008, 09:18 PM
What layout of either VR Temple area is best suited for hunting these things down and what room should I do the telepipe trick in is said best layout?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 01:30 AM
I think there's a guide for it somewhere, though I'm not sure.

Good luck on your hunt, you'll need it. Darn things are hard to find. :P

Splash
Sep 18, 2008, 02:58 AM
Using the telepipe trick in episode 2 is terrible. There is no variation that is proved to be effective in using that trick since most rooms have a maximum of 3 Rappies in it only.

That means you could potentially try to pipe any room with 3 Rappies in it. The problem is...it is only 3. That number is way too low to be suited for piping.

I would suggest that you just do full Temple runs. 30 minutes over a span of Temple Alpha and Temple Beta can allow you to go through more Rappies that can potentially appear with a rare one later on in the area.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 18, 2008, 06:11 PM
That means you could potentially try to pipe any room with 3 Rappies in it. The problem is...it is only 3. That number is way too low to be suited for piping.

I disagree, in ver.2 enemy apearence rate is 1/1024 and rares don't apear on quests, meaning i pipe in normal gameplay (3 rappies at a time) and the results were the ones i expected.
So if in gc pso the apearence rate is 1/512 then you should have no problem finding one, may take time yes, but if i find them then why not you?

Splash
Sep 19, 2008, 01:55 AM
I disagree, in ver.2 enemy apearence rate is 1/1024 and rares don't apear on quests, meaning i pipe in normal gameplay (3 rappies at a time) and the results were the ones i expected.
GC has limited capabilities in piping. Thus, not only is piping 3 Rappies an inefficient method to do, it is also a waste of time which wears your GC so fast, it's not even worth it.

Nisoth
Sep 19, 2008, 03:06 AM
Weather it's worth it or not is really a matter of opinion. I've piped several love rappies (for Sigh of a God and God/Luck), and I'd say it's well worth it. Sure it took some time, but my GC still works fine. Just don't pipe too much and you should be fine. I limit my pipe missions to one a day.

Wolf Shadow
Sep 20, 2008, 01:56 PM
Piping takes time and so does doing normal runs, but doing normal runs is safer. It's random either way, why don't you just do normal runs? It's definitely more fun than piping over and over again.

Udkedae
Sep 20, 2008, 07:03 PM
Nevr spotted a Love Rappy before, I always find Al Rappies by piping methods :etongue:.

I've also done normal runs but I can't seem to find it. Either way, I'll keep trying to find them.

AlexCraig
Sep 20, 2008, 07:38 PM
I have run into one Love Rappy before. It was found on a normal run with my brother in a hallway of the temple, rather than a room.

Nisoth
Sep 21, 2008, 02:29 AM
Piping takes time and so does doing normal runs, but doing normal runs is safer. It's random either way, why don't you just do normal runs? It's definitely more fun than piping over and over again.

Because doing normal runs just to find a love rappy isn't productive. Love rappies only drop good stuff in ultimate, sometimes very hard and in one or two cases, hard. I piped, but you could do full temple runs. If you're looking for stuff that other monsters drop, or other rare monsters in the temple then full runs are probably going to be more productive. However, the temple (in my opinion) is the most annoying area in PSO I&II. Do what works for you. Good luck. :)

Udkedae
Sep 22, 2008, 12:28 PM
Oh... I'll do the piping on Ultimate then :-D. Perhaps I should go in groups...

RAmar Lv.200
Sep 28, 2008, 03:07 PM
I keep Finding Them!!! Hard to find In Normal Though......

DC_PLAYER
Sep 28, 2008, 03:16 PM
rare apearence rate is the same for all difficulties.

Gimph
Oct 1, 2008, 04:51 PM
I just found one in ultimate mode. He only dropped meseta though. :(

Udkedae
Oct 4, 2008, 05:57 PM
Funny. Once in a while my TV lies to me painting green boxes red to my eyes :lol:.

I got to find one just before my files got corrupted, now I have to do it all over again...anyone thinks that memory cards are the worst type of data saving? I'm beginning to think this is a sign I have to leave PSO in the past :-(.