PDA

View Full Version : Our stupid movie is beyond imagination!!!!!1!!!

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 10:15 PM
ok, now this is a proper rant.

dosen't it piss you off when someone says that their stupid movie or whatever, that uses the same old ideas we've all seen a trillion times before, is "beyond imagination"?

or blizzard's new add that "your definition of epic will be shattered"?

look guys, (I'm talk to blizzard and hollywood here) nothing short of divine glory is beyond my imagination and nothing short of armageddon will shatter my definition of epic. If you had any idea how far my imagnation stretches, your definition of epic would be shattered. I can tell this because you definition of epic is so laughable that undead in the artic shatters it. I'm not sure your puny little minds are capable of comprehinding the limits to which my creative genius stretches. you're just insulting me and every other creative individual out there with your crap. if your crappy movies are you definition of "beyond imagination" I'd hate to see what your bland little minds look like.

dose anyone else feel the same?

Solstis
Sep 18, 2008, 10:21 PM
So, are you saying that your creative mind surpasses that of the people paid to be creative?

Or that what technology and film techniques still have not caught up to our imaginations?

Option 1: Your ego is showing.
Option 2: Some films and movies have come pretty close for me, but it's rare, to be sure.

The ads are happy bits of marketing. Do not link the creative team and the marketers together.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 11:45 PM
I can tell you right now I'm more creative then them. it's not ego, it's fact. I assumed the same was true for you and everyone else here.

Retehi
Sep 19, 2008, 12:20 AM
I can tell you right now I'm more creative then them. it's not ego, it's fact.

You lose any credibility whatsoever with that load of hot air.

Kent
Sep 19, 2008, 12:28 AM
I can tell you right now I'm more creative then them. it's not ego, it's fact.
...No offense (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150764), but you kinda just proved the inverse.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 19, 2008, 12:38 AM
I don't think you understand.

I have come up with things that, at least to everyone I have talked to about them, have deemed more creative than movies. this is not my opinion, it is the opinion of everyone I have ever met assuming they really got to know me. (my friends often compare me to tolkin or lewis)

I am also assuming that all of you are more creative than they are. what I'm saying is not that I am more creative than them. it's that we ARE ALL more creative than THEY ACT LIKE they are being.

get it?

I know a lot of things in my OP seem very arrogant, so allow me to explain them.

the only way something can be beyond imagination is if it is beyond human comprehinsion. if you can comprehind something, you can imagine it. so they only thing that is truly beyond imagination would be something we humans are unable to comprehind. (like divine glory or chaos). and if he streched our imaginations to the limits of our comprehinsion, then the only thing that could truly shatter our definition of epic would be something we where incapable of imagining. i.e. one of those things we could not comprehind.

get it?

Broodstar1337
Sep 19, 2008, 02:44 AM
"Your definition of epic will be shattered" is just fluff Blizzard shat out to get people to buy their bad games.

Solstis
Sep 19, 2008, 08:01 AM
Tensu, there's a difference between being more creative than filmmakers and filmmakers simply being limited by budget and technology.

I can imagine a much better film than what was put out for Lord of the Rings, but that thing was crazy expensive and long already. Not to mention that I have absolutely no experience directing or script writing, so my imagination will have to take a back seat to reality.

So, yeah, no offense but you seem to be missing a vital chunk of logic here.

Aisha379
Sep 19, 2008, 08:15 PM
I don't understand what all the hating is about, as I quite agree with Tensu.

Most movies and TV shows are hardly pushing me to the limits of my imagination, I can ~usually~ guess the ending halfway through the movie - this is far from "mind blowing" proportions.

As another example, my local news channel has the stupid little habit of saying "You'll have to see it to believe it" on their news story commercials.

Example (Which actually happened) - "A man has a seizure in a parking lot and you won't believe what this passerby did! You have to see it to believe it, at 10!"

Well, the guy took the wallet of the guy having a seizure. I figured that would happen just from the way the video went, I was right, infact, this does not surprise me at all (sadly).

So I do think such phrases are stupid, but in the end you just have to realize they're used merely for advertising and little more.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 19, 2008, 10:12 PM
Hey guess what, don't agree with the OP, say why.

Flaming and spamming macros in order to denounce what the OP said isn't tolerable in Rants or any other forum.

-

Agree with false advertising in movies. "Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro for the first time in the latest cop spiel."

Right because Heat, Godfather(2), etc. never happened.

And stupid advertising. "It isn't the main thing, its the only thing." This occurred in back to back commercials so it definitely proved how not original the phrase was.

Leviathan
Sep 19, 2008, 11:11 PM
So I do think such phrases are stupid, but in the end you just have to realize they're used merely for advertising and little more.

Maybe YOU weren't impressed, but I bet someone else was.

Total shocker, but...
Different people CAN have different opinions...

Aisha379
Sep 20, 2008, 12:40 PM
Maybe YOU weren't impressed, but I bet someone else was.

Total shocker, but...
Different people CAN have different opinions...

Of course people can be impressed by these phrases, but that makes them pretty stupid and playing right into the hands of the marketing team behind the phrase.

CupOfCoffee
Sep 20, 2008, 12:42 PM
"Shatter your definition of epic" is a little Blizz in-joke to WoW players, at least in part, because what we called "rares" in PSO are known in WoW as "epics."

But yeah, although I kind of agree with the OP's actual point, he should really know it's just never a good idea to refer to yourself as a genius in nearly any context.