PDA

View Full Version : I think I see why people hate AMVs.

Shadowpawn
Sep 21, 2008, 01:08 AM
Ever try to search for a anime clip on youtube and get nothing but AMVs of that scene? Not only that but it's always has to be music from: An RPG (mainly FFVII, lol Sephiroth), Rock or something tries to imitate rock (lol Slipknot) or Requiem for a Dream (aka the "really dramatic music you hear in music trailers for fight scenes"). [Note it's REALLY RARE to find an AMV using Rap songs.]

It's kinda of annoying, I just want to watch the damn video the way it was meant to be watched. I don't want to hear your favorite shitty band goddamn it! :/

EphekZ
Sep 21, 2008, 01:11 AM
yeah shit sucks.
They don't use rap because you can't express teenage angst through hip-hop, so therefore you can't express anime.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 21, 2008, 01:23 AM
Oh yeah

and 99% of them fucking fail haha

Broodstar1337
Sep 21, 2008, 01:48 AM
Step One: Go to Youtube
Step Two: Search for your favorite anime
Step Three: Include Linkin Park in your search
Step Four: Rage uncontrollably

Syl
Sep 21, 2008, 02:02 AM
While there are really amazing AMVs out there (usually ones edited for conventions/contests), 99% of them are so horrible >_>

That and how they clutter up the search is just more lolrage.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 21, 2008, 04:23 PM
Linkin Park ruined 50% of Youtube. Coincidentally, Linkin Park ruined Linkin Park.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 21, 2008, 04:49 PM
[Note it's REALLY RARE to find an AMV using Rap songs.]

Wrong. I've seen plently of rap songs with DBZ.

shitsux :disapprove:

Aisha379
Sep 21, 2008, 05:23 PM
What you speak of is much more a Youtube community problem than an AMV one.

I've tried to search for things before and get stupid youtube poop videos (not labeled as such), or some random "scary" thing pop up midway with loud music, and, dang, some people even actually think its cool to slow down / speed up audio or play something in reverse and upload that.

People should be able to upload what they create, but we need some damn quality control of some sort...

Shadowpawn
Sep 21, 2008, 05:47 PM
What you speak of is much more a Youtube community problem than an AMV one.

Not really. I've gone to other video sites, like Veoh, and ran into the same problem.

unicorn
Sep 21, 2008, 07:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_gvZY_wD4

I watch AMVs like this. o_o

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 07:13 PM
was that Bjork? : |
And was that short pink haired dude, a dude or a chick? :wacko:

unicorn
Sep 21, 2008, 08:18 PM
was that Bjork? : |
And was that short pink haired dude, a dude or a chick? :wacko:

Its bjork, and its a chick. Revolutionary Girl Utena (shoujo-ai themes).

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 21, 2008, 09:57 PM
yeah shit sucks.
They don't use rap because you can't express teenage angst through hip-hop, so therefore you can't express anime.
Not necessarily.

Surburban kids use rap to get their parents mad too.

I mean Rock/Rap both generated out of the same era, around/about/70's-late or otherwise.

Weeaboolits
Sep 21, 2008, 11:03 PM
I find it annoying that trying to find any song will result in 40 Naruto AMVs, I'm surprised there aren't Naruto and Bleach AMVs set to Elvis. :/

AlexCraig
Sep 21, 2008, 11:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MMgyRJIWAI

Sorry, Ronin. They got him, too.

Seority
Sep 22, 2008, 03:01 AM
A lot do suck, but there are awesome ones still out there.
I agree with Aisha where this is mainly a Youtube problem. Go to a AMV site and find actual goods ones there.
Such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZqxecCukg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NRPLg0AJ5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akh_tjDIdEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7DJWpB8AtQ

Oh look. None where Linkin Park. Kewl =)
(Guess I'm just into GOOD AMVs )

Nitro Vordex
Sep 22, 2008, 08:30 AM
People should be able to upload what they create, but we need some damn quality control of some sort...
I guess Youtube has our Off Topic syndrome. (Or rather, it got passed on to us :wacko: )

Outrider
Sep 22, 2008, 04:15 PM
My biggest issue with AMVs (beyond the fact they're inevitably going to be about somebody's terrible fan-fiction) is how serious the creators take themselves. Yes, there's a certain element of talent required to properly cut footage to match an appropriate song, but so much of this is people wanting to show how clever and talented they are by using music and footage created by other clever and talented people. When I loaded up that last youtube video posted up there and saw this masher listing their "production company", well, I couldn't help but chuckle.

Shadowpawn
Sep 22, 2008, 05:53 PM
I think some people are misunderstanding what I was ranting about. This isn't a rant about AMVs in general. It's about running into countless AMVs when you only want a particular scene from an anime. I could care less if there good AMVs out there, the problem is that if the only scene I want to see is offered as JUST an AMV then it's annoying.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 22, 2008, 09:01 PM
because AMVs don't carry the copyright shit that can get things taken off the site.

Shadowpawn
Sep 22, 2008, 09:03 PM
I am fully aware of WHY they do that (besides, that's not technically correct as they are still using the footage and music from IPs that are not their own. It can still be taken down) , however I still find it very annoying.

zandra117
Sep 25, 2008, 07:58 PM
You think thats bad? Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xmvGBq8XhM

If you do a search for Kingdom Hearts 3 you will find hundreds of Game Openings and Trailers for it. All of them are fanmade. Kingdom Hearts 3 to this day has not been announced. But thanks to all these fake trailers the majority of the fanbase actually believes theres a confirmed 3rd game in development for PS3.

KH fanboys: Confusing the shit out of their own community since whenever.

I guarantee that the same fanboys are responsible for all of the Linkin Park "In the End" AMVs of every anime you can imagine on youtube because its in their mentality.

Karek
Mar 20, 2020, 09:01 PM
Ever try to search for a anime clip on youtube and get nothing but AMVs of that scene? Not only that but it's always has to be music from: An RPG (mainly FFVII, lol Sephiroth), Rock or something tries to imitate rock (lol Slipknot) or Requiem for a Dream (aka the "really dramatic music you hear in music trailers for fight scenes"). [Note it's REALLY RARE to find an AMV using Rap songs.]

It's kinda of annoying, I just want to watch the damn video the way it was meant to be watched. I don't want to hear your favorite shitty band goddamn it! :/ that is part of it, sure I mean I want to watch a battle from bleach I don't want to keep finding let the bodies hit the floor amvs. But no, my real issue is when I read the video description and it says something like: this is my video don't reupload or I'll kill you. Send me a message if you see this video anywhere else so I can report them for stealing my content. -_-...I'm sorry, YOUR content?! Let's look at what we have here hmmm....A clip from an anime that you don't own paired with an audio clip that you also don't own....yeah not really seeing how you can say this is yours.... And I asked one of them how they could claim copyrighted content mashed together like that as their content....they cussed me out, told me to kill myself and get off of their channel, then said I'm racist against anime....*sigh* 1. Anime isn't an ethnic group 2. I like anime just not Amvs.