PDA

View Full Version : buying rarz from NPCs

Majarra
Sep 22, 2008, 03:59 PM
What level do you have to be to start buying common rares from NPC shops? This is fir GC btw if that has anything to do with it.

AlexCraig
Sep 22, 2008, 04:36 PM
You mean like Varista and DB's Saber? You can't buy them in the stores on GC. On DC/PC you can't.

Freeze
Sep 22, 2008, 05:04 PM
In eps 1&2 and BB rares are not available at the shops. In DC and PC V2 certain weapons become available at level 60 I believe, can't remember exact level, and more at level 150 but in these versions their not considered rare. Varista, DB saber, Storm wand, crush bullet, and such are just normal drops on the higher difficulties. Actual rare weapons in V1V2 are still not available through NPCs.

Jaspaller
Sep 22, 2008, 05:08 PM
Gotta find your rares off of enemies. Only thing you'll get out of the shops are some of the more common weapons with high %s and different specials.

TheOneHero
Sep 22, 2008, 05:15 PM
I think he's talking about common weapons with yellow names. Like, King's Vulcan and such.

I don't know exactly what level they become available, but in the higher 100's. =/

AlexCraig
Sep 22, 2008, 06:38 PM
I was just thinking that. I am only 121 at them moment, so if they come in at the higher levels, I wouldn't know yet.

Udkedae
Sep 22, 2008, 10:15 PM
I don't think rares appear on NPC shops (at least not in the GC), the only "rare" you get almost free is when you take a ????? weapon to the Tekker and the name turns yellow (like King's Vulcan, Tempest Ripper, bla, bla, bla, etc.).

Also when you try to sell rares at the shops, you only get 10 meseta no matter how many grinders they have or how many damage they do :-D.

TheOneHero
Sep 22, 2008, 10:20 PM
You can buy King's Vulcan from the shops; I know many members would help out their lower-level friends by, "piping high hit mechs" from the shop.

Udkedae
Sep 22, 2008, 10:44 PM
Oh...did I say that? What I wanted to say was you can't buy DB Sabers, Yamatos, etc, from the shops. King Vulcans, Tempest Rippers and such are worth the same as their originals (when you sell them or buy them, unless they're grinded)...am I explaining myself clear now?

Not all yellow named weapons are "rare" though, the rares come with caps AND yellow letters (examples: RED HANDGUN, GOD HAND, YAMATO, bla, bla, bla, etc.).

:p sorry for the misunderstanding!

TheOneHero
Sep 22, 2008, 10:47 PM
No problem, I'm like that sometimes. :p

I've always thought of yellows names, or all caps (like the merge barriers) were considered rares? :???:

AlexCraig
Sep 22, 2008, 10:48 PM
I've always thought of yellows names, or all caps (like the merge barriers) were considered rares? :???:

Same here.

Udkedae
Sep 22, 2008, 11:00 PM
I didn't thought that 'cause these (the merges) are manually done. I mean you get the required amplifier and fuse it with the required barrier (both randomly got). Let's say they're special, but not rare :p (although many rare shields and barriers own merges, like the DB SHIELD).

I consider rare "yellow+CAPS" items :-D.

...isn't this conversation off this topic? :lol:

Majarra
Sep 23, 2008, 12:45 AM
Nah. Already had the question answered.Well kinda. Still would like to know the lvl you have to be though

Ketchup345
Sep 23, 2008, 05:36 AM
Might be 151 for the last shops upgrade (includes charge top level mechs).

DC_PLAYER
Sep 23, 2008, 06:15 AM
rare items like (5 stars weapon + 4 stars special) are not avaiable in ver.2

But in vhard mode after a certain level depending on your id, a weapon may apear, for example my id is oran and bloddy art apears at the shop sometimes.
When you enter ultimate, then i can garantee that in ver.2 lot's and lot's of rares apear, especially after lvl 150, from varistas, db's sabers and alot more.

On gc, nothing happens, it's just common items

i will post a pic later

EDIT:

you get the idea:
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4434/1607071515dy0.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7865/avertv2007080617471332eg6.jpg

Udkedae
Sep 23, 2008, 08:02 PM
Nice, thanks for the tips. I was a lil' confused as well :-).

NegaTsukasa
Sep 26, 2008, 02:25 PM
Yellow branded items are absolutely impossible to recieve no matter what level you are in shops.
The only items you will find at the highest in the shops I beleive varies from 1* to 6 or 7* rareties. dont remember (but they never will reach the star required to change there color to yellow). but there will be green branded items only for the highest.
plug in abilities like Kings ... and such are randomized through armor and weapon in shops.

Zanesfield
May 3, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hey are the Disabled rare drops permantent

Aisha_Clan-Clan
May 3, 2009, 08:02 PM
You can buy common ones in Dc/Pc.

SStrikerR
May 3, 2009, 08:15 PM
Hey are the Disabled rare drops permantent

What are you talking about?

psofan219
May 3, 2009, 08:50 PM
He's talking about if you do something to cause rares to stop dropping, is it permanent. No, it's not. Just drop/sell/deposit in the bank the stacked items/hacked MAG, then quit (you might have to go as far as shutting off the system, but I'm not too sure on it). That'll enable to rare drops again.

SStrikerR
May 3, 2009, 09:09 PM
He's talking about if you do something to cause rares to stop dropping, is it permanent. No, it's not. Just drop/sell/deposit in the bank the stacked items/hacked MAG, then quit (you might have to go as far as shutting off the system, but I'm not too sure on it). That'll enable to rare drops again.

I assumed that's what he was talking about, but I didn't want to post that if it was something else.

There's some funky things going on at the other server with the drop rates, so I figured there was a possibility that they disabled rares for a while for some idiotic reason.

psofan219
May 3, 2009, 09:20 PM
No, he posted the same question somewhere else.