PDA

View Full Version : DC New dreamcast has arrived

DC_PLAYER
Sep 23, 2008, 05:28 AM
After months of waiting a friend of mine was able me to deliver the console.

Since i wanted t see what i needed to do i decided to test phantasy star online imidiatly, things went fine until the file selection screen.
The message saying "the file is damaged apeared", don't know why sonic team did this but it's the same as saying "play on your console".
With this i had to use my old console, i transported the power converter and later i decided to port also a piece of hardware that contains the input for controlers and has the main led.....

Finnaly after months of waiting i finnaly played PSO, i mean i only tested the game, didn't actually play any zone.
I wanted to show you ppl some screenshots but for some odd reason the software i had doesn't work, it detects for a second the nexus memory unit but after that the program says it could not establish a connection.
I may not have pictures of PSO for now, but i will try to show you some photos.
All i have to say is that i can now play the games i always wanted again, including PSO and revive my humar from his digital grave.

Some ppl wanted to know this info so that's why i posted

raikomaru40
Sep 23, 2008, 06:22 AM
I figured while your talking about DC I'll share a little story...

I first started playing PSO ver.2 on my older brother's DC, but since it was his and connected to his TV, I couldn't play a lot. This made me very sad. I later ended up getting my stepbrother to give me his old DC, but it didn't work. The only thing I needed to do was open it up, blow it out, and then it started working again. "Awesome!" I thought, "Now I can play PSO again!" I had forgotten about the ridiculous fact that I needed the original DC. I asked my brother if we could trade DC's, but he said no. I tried secretly switching them, but he caught me. I was quite frustrated, so I decided to do the only thing I could do; I took apart the entire DC and switched the motherboards, then put it back together. I was so happy to be playing PSO again. For an excuse as to how I could play again on "my" DC, I told my brother that I found a site on the internet where I could enter my barcode on the PSO case and it would tell me my serial number (which I had lost) and that the DC had let me recover my data after I entered the SN (all complete BS). Needless to say, he has no idea and I can now game in peace.

Jaspaller
Sep 23, 2008, 10:17 AM
Nice, back to PSOing. lol @ Raikomaru40's story.

raikomaru40
Sep 23, 2008, 10:26 AM
yea, he asked what the site was called, so I told him they had to shut it down for legal reasons :wacko:

Freeze
Sep 23, 2008, 11:54 AM
Awsome story and congrats DC_Player, many more years of happy gaming to you.

AlexCraig
Sep 23, 2008, 12:25 PM
Welcome back to PSO!

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Sep 23, 2008, 01:14 PM
Yup! Yup! =^.^=

Powder Keg
Sep 23, 2008, 02:23 PM
Whoa, I totally forgot about PSO being locked to the system you use it on. Good times...

Lance813
Sep 23, 2008, 02:30 PM
Welcome back!

DC_PLAYER
Sep 23, 2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah, i was expecting it, but after a "heart transplant" my console was back to life enabling me to play pso once more.
I will play pso on wednesdays and thursdays, as for weekends i don't know yet.

Lance813
Sep 23, 2008, 02:45 PM
haha. Nicely put.

Banish
Sep 24, 2008, 09:52 AM
Ah. Good to hear that HUGO is active again.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 24, 2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah, it seems that the console still has a problem with some connections (don't get signal in the tv), but aside from that the image displayed doesn't present interferences and i played hard mode with no problems.
Yeah, i'm glad is back, it's for sure that pso isn't as atractive as it was in the old days for me, but if i play once in a while then i beleive i will enjoy the game again.

Wolf Shadow
Sep 24, 2008, 07:55 PM
I figured while your talking about DC I'll share a little story...

I first started playing PSO ver.2 on my older brother's DC, but since it was his and connected to his TV, I couldn't play a lot. This made me very sad. I later ended up getting my stepbrother to give me his old DC, but it didn't work. The only thing I needed to do was open it up, blow it out, and then it started working again. "Awesome!" I thought, "Now I can play PSO again!" I had forgotten about the ridiculous fact that I needed the original DC. I asked my brother if we could trade DC's, but he said no. I tried secretly switching them, but he caught me. I was quite frustrated, so I decided to do the only thing I could do; I took apart the entire DC and switched the motherboards, then put it back together. I was so happy to be playing PSO again. For an excuse as to how I could play again on "my" DC, I told my brother that I found a site on the internet where I could enter my barcode on the PSO case and it would tell me my serial number (which I had lost) and that the DC had let me recover my data after I entered the SN (all complete BS). Needless to say, he has no idea and I can now game in peace.
Gamecube+Memory cards=WIN
Dreamcast is great though... just old.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 25, 2008, 05:34 AM
One thing i have noticed when i played pso, it demonstrates perfectly that my dreamcast is old and that i ply the game for a long time.

When you load pso, you get the sega screens and sonic team ones, the screen is all white and the logo is blue, however in the top left corner i can see in the tv some images and those images are the ones you see in the game, namely the stat bar wich includes HP and TP.
So basicly my tv will have those images forever.

Jaspaller
Sep 25, 2008, 10:45 AM
Noice, burn-in. I burned in the top left status bar on my widescreen when I played PSOX a long time ago.

Rockleept
Sep 28, 2008, 04:42 PM
since i play pso on DC i'm hearing that PSO DC chars only works on one and only DC but my original save from back in the days of DC servers is working in my DC, the DC of my Brother and on the Treamcast i just buy.i just had to input the game code and it works well.Am i the only one who can play in multi consoles?is it because i have a third party 4 megas memory card?
Strange...

DC_PLAYER
Sep 28, 2008, 04:55 PM
There are 2 cenarios, if the new console has never been used to play pso then a menu will pop up so you can introduce your codes, being the codes the same the game will save into the memory of the dreamcast that info and therefore you will play, then there is the cenario if the console was used to play pso before, this means the console already has in the memory the info of the serial, the only way to make it work is to somehow reset the memory of the dreamcast, with that you can play pso again.

since i was not in the mood to reset the memory, i just ported the hardware i wanted to.

Rockleept
Sep 28, 2008, 05:00 PM
So i guess im lucky the last owner of the treamcast never played PSO :P

AlexCraig
Sep 28, 2008, 05:04 PM
Well... I don't have a DC or PSODC. And I intend to some day.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 28, 2008, 05:10 PM
Well, my new was anounced, so if anyone doesn't have more questions, i think this topic can be locked.

AlexCraig
Sep 28, 2008, 05:35 PM
Done.