PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy Skies Of Arcadia Legends?

Blenjar
Feb 1, 2003, 01:14 PM
I played the dc version and enjoy it more than any ff series.
Is there a heavy diff from the dc version?

hooray4punkmusic
Feb 1, 2003, 01:20 PM
I'm going to buy it!

And there's supposed to be a lot of improvments. EGM gave it 9.0 9.5 and 9.0. They said it's still an amazing game!

Elixer
Feb 1, 2003, 01:25 PM
yea im gonna buy it that game was awesoome for dc

Bloodberry
Feb 1, 2003, 01:28 PM
I got it when it first came out, it's easily worth it. Random fights toned down a bit (but not by too much) and experience for each one raised. Graphics are a lot smoother, lighting effects look better, etc.

Not to mention the new stuff they threw in there! I spent till 5 in the morning training to fight the angel of death. She was so mean. >_<

ABDUR101
Feb 1, 2003, 01:31 PM
I'm definately getting it. I had waited to buy the original on DC and when I finally got it, it blew my mind.

It was quite the adventure that I did'nt expect it to be. It went above and beyond my expectations.

I can't wait to get the latest release. =)

..all of the random encounters did'nt really bother me in the original. =x

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Feb 1, 2003, 01:37 PM
I used to cruise around LOOKING for battles. I loved fighting. I spent around 25 hours just looking for the Gold Dust that the plant drops near Cresent Isle. It wasn't worth it, but not many people can say they've done it.

geewj
Feb 1, 2003, 01:47 PM
ewww...I really didnt like that game. The random battles every two steps and how long each one took sucked the fun right out for me.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Feb 1, 2003, 03:41 PM
They didn't take long, especially if you knew the right way to do it! *Aika*

Ghaleon
Feb 1, 2003, 04:13 PM
i think its supposed to be a little longer

Ness
Feb 1, 2003, 05:01 PM
Buy it! I sure as hell am!

Blenjar
Feb 1, 2003, 07:26 PM
Thx for telling me how fun or bad the game is but I didn't get an answer on my last post.
-Is the game longer? What's the diff?

NoeGenisis
Feb 1, 2003, 07:34 PM
Yes the game is longer, it has graphical advances, and this one is only rumour but believable i think,
The pinters quest will be run on the Gameboy advance.
And i will be buying it.

Bloodberry
Feb 1, 2003, 09:32 PM
The tiny guy with the twirley hat thing that used to be part of the memory card game? He only yammers on about exploring and doesn't ask me anything like "if you have a GBA, etc." But it does seem to pause a little bit in the conversation, maybe it's looking to see if you have a hook up. Who knows.

Abaddon
Feb 1, 2003, 11:32 PM
Alpha storm - cheap way for aika to kill everything ^_^

CajunSamurai
Feb 2, 2003, 02:12 AM
On 2003-02-01 10:37, BlackCanaryOfDeath wrote:
I used to cruise around LOOKING for battles. I loved fighting. I spent around 25 hours just looking for the Gold Dust that the plant drops near Cresent Isle. It wasn't worth it, but not many people can say they've done it.

Hot damn, someone else that actually enjoyed the battles! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
I've said it before, but if you think Skies has hellish battles, then you gotta play LUNAR 2 on SegaCD very, very badly. And beat the thing, too. Yeah, you'll have white hairs from stress by the time you're finished battling the millionth monster and BARELY surviving each time, but... you'll have something to complain about in that game. o_O
Skies on DC was and to this day remains one of my favorite games of all time. I'll be picking up the GCN version shortly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Bloodberry
Feb 2, 2003, 02:31 AM
Alpha Storm? Really? Doesn't seem to do nearly as much death as it used to, then. It's difficult to get any of number of guys on a row, and it doesn't kill a lot of them.

Spells do some nice damage, though.

Dabra
Feb 2, 2003, 11:00 AM
Skies of arcadia was probably my first RPG. And to believe that only 100 000 people bought the game is dreadful. Such a masterpiece.

I might get it. I really liked the game, didn't care about the random encounters too much.

Blenjar
Feb 2, 2003, 12:31 PM
On 2003-02-02 08:00, Dabra wrote:
Skies of arcadia was probably my first RPG. And to believe that only 100 000 people bought the game is dreadful. Such a masterpiece.

I might get it. I really liked the game, didn't care about the random encounters too much.

Why do people care about the random encounters?
If you want to play rpg it'll or must have random encounters. People that whin about it are weak rpg gamers.

Ness
Feb 2, 2003, 12:52 PM
On 2003-02-01 10:47, Prof_Frink wrote:
ewww...I really didnt like that game. The random battles every two steps and how long each one took sucked the fun right out for me.

What are you talking about the monsters were as easy as heel. One shot would take them out. Now the bosses, on the other hand, had an ungodly amount of HP so they took forever.

hucasts_rock
Feb 2, 2003, 10:16 PM
On 2003-02-01 23:12, CajunSamurai wrote:

On 2003-02-01 10:37, BlackCanaryOfDeath wrote:

but if you think Skies has hellish battles, then you gotta play LUNAR 2 on SegaCD very, very badly. And beat the thing, too. Yeah, you'll have white hairs from stress by the time you're finished battling the millionth monster and BARELY surviving each time, but... you'll have something to complain about in that game. o_O
Skies on DC was and to this day remains one of my favorite games of all time. I'll be picking up the GCN version shortly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

that lunar legends game is coming out for GBA...uh-oh...

hooray4punkmusic
Feb 2, 2003, 11:37 PM
On 2003-02-02 09:52, Ness wrote:

On 2003-02-01 10:47, Prof_Frink wrote:

What are you talking about the monsters were as easy as heel. One shot would take them out. Now the bosses, on the other hand, had an ungodly amount of HP so they took forever.

Yeah. When you fight Ramirez, that takes forever.

Abaddon
Feb 3, 2003, 01:33 AM
On 2003-02-01 23:31, Bloodberry wrote:
Alpha Storm? Really? Doesn't seem to do nearly as much death as it used to, then. It's difficult to get any of number of guys on a row, and it doesn't kill a lot of them.

Spells do some nice damage, though.

True, spells are good, but Alpha Storm was often the thing I went to first at the start of a battle. She would knock out all but about one or two monsters which the others can fend off ^_^

Im not talking about boss battles. that doesnt particularly work well.

But yeah...this might sound weird but, the battle music in skies was pretty good, and i love the boss battle music where the mood changes to how well you're performing ^_^

MetaKnight
Feb 3, 2003, 09:25 PM
i was wondering how long it took all of you to beat game? it took me 40 hours.

hooray4punkmusic
Feb 3, 2003, 11:29 PM
It took me 50+ hours to find everything.

Bloodberry
Feb 4, 2003, 12:41 AM
Piastol is making life very difficult for me. I meant alpha storm doesn't knock guys out in the Legends version as much as it used to. Lambda did for a little, but now I can kill them faster by just doing it manually, the animation actually wastes time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ABDUR101
Feb 4, 2003, 12:42 AM
I beat the game in 56 hours, but I thought I was going slow about everything. o_0

I was pacing myself, I wanted to find nifty rare finds and see everything. I think I enjoyed the battles too much, I ended up just going and looking for as many fights as I could. =

Abaddon
Feb 4, 2003, 07:13 AM
You know what got me into trouble once? I was up playing Skies of Arcadia at around 3 in the morning, my parents had told me to go to bed 2 hours earlier. im walking through one of the dungeons and suddenly Fina's pet thing sniffs out those berries that make him stronger (i havent played in ages but u know what im talking about)

so the VM goes absolutely bananas and wakes my parents up! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ness
Feb 4, 2003, 07:26 AM
On 2003-02-04 04:13, Abaddon wrote:
You know what got me into trouble once? I was up playing Skies of Arcadia at around 3 in the morning, my parents had told me to go to bed 2 hours earlier. im walking through one of the dungeons and suddenly Fina's pet thing sniffs out those berries that make him stronger (i havent played in ages but u know what im talking about)

so the VM goes absolutely bananas and wakes my parents up! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

LOL! I wonder how they are going to let you know where chams are for the GC version.

Ghaleon
Feb 4, 2003, 02:01 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:D:D I GOT IT YESTERDAY http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:D:D

Remnant
Feb 6, 2003, 03:59 AM
The music in the game was pretty good, some songs profound. The GC version only has about 3 hours of extra gameplay no? After a while the random battles got annoying, but that was why there was an item to decrease the chances of you getting a random battle. Also, when you get the final ship, the one you steal with Enrique and you get the upgrade that lets you fly higher than the clouds, just fly above the clouds or below the lower ones and you miss all random battles which was helpful later in the game. The story was pretty good, I really want to see the part where Ramirez and...forgot his name, activate the "rains of destruction" (i know that's chrono trigger but it fits) to rain moon stones on the planet; twas a cool cinema! I'm guessing the GC version is worth buying.

MrMooCow
Feb 7, 2003, 10:19 PM
I had the game for DC and now i got it for GC, best dang RPG ever made folks! On my 5 different files (all beaten) for DC i have played over 300 hours . . . talk about no life! I got the GC version and when i started to play all the joy started coming back into my life! what a masterpiece! Go buy this game now! Random battles are fun! In my one file i didn't run from a single fight and by the time i got to the last guy I beat him without dieing once! And just to clear things up the best move in the game is by far "Blue Rouges" (you can only use this move with full mp when you have a crew!)

Bloodberry
Feb 7, 2003, 10:35 PM
On 2003-02-04 04:26, Ness wrote:

On 2003-02-04 04:13, Abaddon wrote:

LOL! I wonder how they are going to let you know where chams are for the GC version.

Vibrations from the controller and when you get really warm a little cupil shows up on the upper left and starts sticking his tongue out. Scary, yeah.

Blenjar
Feb 10, 2003, 04:19 PM
Skies of Arcadia was # 1 game in ebgames top ten, psoI&II was # 4.

RedFox
Feb 10, 2003, 05:56 PM
hmm... i liked what i played of Skies of Arcadia but i liked Grandia 2 more... dunno... just a thought... bleh...

i'll probably buy it too, i did like it soo...