PDA

View Full Version : Need some help here....

LastUtopia
Mar 2, 2001, 12:04 AM
I have a friend that just got PSO last week, and just started playing online a few days ago. Apparently he had some problems with PSO last night, one of which I believe is unfixable, and the other which probably has a simple solution. I offered to post his problems on this board for him, since we think we'll get respones faster... Here's his e-mail to me:

"Problem # 1: Accidentally broke my disk. Need to know how to delete the
serial number and access code.

Problem # 2: Every time i tried to get online (save twice) it said either
"Failed to connect. Server may be under maintenence. Check all of your ISP
settings and try again later" or "Phone/Network line is not connected."
However, all of my ISP info is ok and i can get onto SegaNet with Web
Browser 2.0 immediately following, so the phone line is fine. It never gets
past the shooting star screen and says this immediately after dialing..."

Now, I think his character is pretty much lost if he broke the disc, but it's not a real issue since he was only level 18 and didn't have anything of much value. It's his second problem that perplexes me. He lives near me and was using the same access number (I think) and it still doesn't seem to work. It also wasn't the server, since I was playing at the time this all took place. Can anyone help here?

Phantasmal
Mar 2, 2001, 02:14 AM
This all could of been a disk problem..

Being able to connect to the net with the browser and not the game sounds like some error in the disk..

Do you have any other online games? If so, try thoes to see if they work....

I'm also thinking that if you use another disk to play PSO and enter in new serial number registration, it might overlap the previous info and everything should be ok... In theory..

Anonymous
Mar 2, 2001, 05:09 AM
hi. i'm the one that's having this problem. i got a new disk tonight and it still won't work. It doesn't even ask for the new code! I called Sega tech support and they tried to help but it still doesn't work. I think that i might need that new code to get onto the net, but i'm not sure. Offline works fine. Now i can't connect with anything (Skies of Arcadia, Browser, PSO). I'll probably call tech support again later. We'll see what happens...

Dyne
Mar 2, 2001, 06:51 AM
I got everything else to work again. PSO, however, still says "Phone/network line isn't connected." I called tech support again they told me to listen on another phone of the same line while waiting. Is this a good idea??? If SegaNet's at all like computers, wouldn't it kill the connection? Please respond.

BladeofDarkness
Mar 2, 2001, 07:04 AM
If the new disk isn't working it might be your that your moden is messed up.

Dyne
Mar 3, 2001, 01:13 AM
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!
I tried to connect this morning and had no problems. i tried about a half an hour ago and nothing.

Anonymous
Mar 6, 2001, 08:15 AM
dude .. you know you have to use the original dreamcast right?? If i were you i would get a new VMU and see if i can get online with a new character.

shortiboi4
Mar 17, 2001, 05:21 AM
No idea for problem number two but got solution to number one. I'm not exactly sure if this will work because I had Dreamcast and disk but it shouldn't matter. If you replace your disk you have to call Sega and tell them that you got a new one. Your game isn't asking for Serial Number and Access Number because your Dreamcast thinks it's the same disk cause numbers aren't disk specific. To play online you need to tell Sega to wipe out you Serial and Access numbers which will take about a week. Now at this point I'm not sure what will happen. You're numbers should be registered again once you sign on again. I really hope this helps cause I know exactly how you feel. Good luck and tell me what happens.

Dyne
Mar 17, 2001, 08:00 PM
hey, it's working perfectly. finally. every once and a while it says that my line is disconnected but that's ok. I'll live.