PDA

View Full Version : Debuffs and Buffs research?

源英治
Sep 28, 2008, 04:35 PM
Has there been any research on how much buffs/debuffs help? And I mean, by the exact #'s or %'s. Example: LV4 Deband gives +40% DFP.

I'm guessing Buffs/Debuffs willl be the same numbers as their oposite.

Like if for example, Deband is +40%DFP, Zalure would also be -40%DFP

Sooo any research on this topic...? I tried a search for it, but didn't find anything.

Magus_84
Sep 28, 2008, 06:23 PM
Shifta/Deband/Zodial/Retier:
1-10: +11% for 2 minutes
11-20: +15% for 3 minutes
21-30: +19% for 4 minutes
31-40: +23% for 5 minutes
41-50: +27% for 6 minutes

Jellen/Zalure/Zoldeel:
1-10: -11% for 30 seconds
11-20: -15% for 1 minute
21-30: -19% for 1 minute and 30 seconds
31-40: -23% for 2 minutes
41-50: -27% for 2 minutes and 30 seconds

From http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150891

I find Zalure not worth the time, pallette space or effort to cast, even at level 40. >_>

Dhylec
Sep 28, 2008, 06:24 PM
Check the sticky
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93419
for this recent guide:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150891

WhiteKnight01
Oct 1, 2008, 02:49 PM
if your buffed at 31+ and a zalure 31+ is used arnt you more or less getting 50% extra damage?

JAFO22000
Oct 1, 2008, 03:01 PM
The short answer is:

Stuff dies too quickly for buffs/debuffs to really matter any longer.

There was a time where buffing and debuffing was a science; knowing which creature to use which debuff(s) on, making sure that your party was fully buffed and healed before going onto the next spawn, etc.

Unfortunately, things have gotten to the point where you barely get done casting your second debuff and the room is empty of creatures.

It's like throwing a slug into an acid bath then sprinkling salt on it as it sinks to the bottom (note: debuffs are the salt!)

stukasa
Oct 1, 2008, 03:58 PM
Jellen is the only debuff worth using now, and even then only on certain enemies. I find it most useful against enemies like SEED Ardite and Carriguine to take some of the sting out of their attacks. Zalure is basically useless. If you're going to use it to tag enemies, you're better off using Jellen.

Astarin
Oct 2, 2008, 12:09 AM
if your buffed at 31+ and a zalure 31+ is used arnt you more or less getting 50% extra damage?

No. The extra damage is nowhere near that large. PSO worked that way, PSU doesn't. The damage calculation/enemy stats work differently.

And yeah. Sadly, Zalure is useless. Jellen I use, on tough enemies, especially when soloing. Zoldeel used to have it's uses, but not any more. Shame, because the 31+ debuffs do at least look kinda neat. People were hoping that newer, tougher level 150+ enemies would make the debuffs useful again, but they just don't make much of an impact.

Genoa
Oct 6, 2008, 12:24 AM
You have to watch very closely to actually see the difference Zalure makes even at 31+
Jellen IS useful, but nothing like PSO of course. Zoldeel as stated has it's places... enemy EVP down helps hunters/gunner, ATA down helps Techers for even more evading :3
(especially with Magashi's, people should Jellen/Zoldeel them D: and if you can use Burn Traps do so... If you're GT you should be doing both! :D)
Anyways...
Buffs still make a difference. However, comparing the stat increase to PSO is not going to impress you... then again, you could only have 4 people in PSO, +2 extra players actually makes a huge difference, especially when there's even more variety of player types/races in a single party.