PDA

View Full Version : PSU music enhancement patch (Update: Protector event July 2009)

Arika
Sep 29, 2008, 05:33 AM
Project : Make PSU a better place~ (Custom music and JP voice for PC users)

I think that many of the psu music consider as..... suck <<;
It is unbearable to keep hunting/spaming the same music with those boring music, While it is not a good syncronize when you open the music from winamp. I alway feel that there are something that is lacking and Winamp doesn't provide me any helpful on that. After I read the music customize topic, I have making my own patch, and I have been handed them over for my friends, and they like it. so I guess I would like to share this to all of you guys who share the same interest or having the same problem about unsynchonize feeling between the game and winamp.
To me myself, with these new song, I can spam all those same mission over and over without bored. I tried my best to choose the song in which are harder to get bored, and keep players entertain during battle as much as I can. Many of them are from PSO music, when the area is suitable.

Here are my patch :
(I provide back up for your easiness to change Onward/ reverse backward)

patch 1

-character make over ->> Make over (PSO)
-sleeping relic area ->> Ahkham battle (devil may cry 3)
-lab area ->> The man with mechgun (Final fantasy VIII)
-temple area ->> Don't be afraid (Orchestrated, Fanal Fantsy VIII)
-psu cave area ->> crater(PSO ep IV)
-Hive area ->> battle theme (Devil May cry 4)
-Deragan,Deragnus ->> Dragon theme (PSO)
-Onmagouz,Dimmagouz ->> The frezy Wind (PSO)
-Magas ,Adena Degahna ->> Madness the machine sparx (Final Fantasy VII)
-De rol ->> De rol Lee (PSO ver)
-Alteratsu Gouz ->> Force your way (Final Fantasy VIII)
[/spoiler-box]

Patch 2
[spoiler-box]
-Linear Line ->> Sky deck! go go go! (Sonic adventure)
-Rozenom City ->> escape from [s]Rozenom city (Sonic adventure 2)
-Sonic Hero ->> Open your heart (Sonic Adventure)
-Burning Ranger ->> Burning Ranger Eng ver.
-Raffon Meadow ->> Battle them I (Tales of abyss)
-MIzuragi CD ->> Mitsurugi stage (Soulcalibur)
-Kugu desert ->> be careful (Ys the Oath in Felghana)
-Dark faiz ->> PSO dark faiz first-second (PSO)
-Dakr fakis form 1, magashi ->> Pure Odio (LiveALive)
-Brave fight ->> Bonus missions of carnival!! (PS-series remix)[/spoiler-box]

Patch 3
[spoiler-box]
Clyez Linear Line (AMF), Metro area ->> Opening stage (Rockman X (self remix))
Death Palace, mother brain ->> Mesame (Mai-HiME)
Habirao FD. area ->> Jubei Yagyu Red Theme (Onimusha Dawn of Dream)
Egg thieves ->> FIGHT!! ver 1 (Grandia II)
Relic Awaken (many relic except sleeping warrior, and main puzzle) ->> Vergil battle 2 (Devil May Cry 3)
Rozenom Line Milate 04 (all Train mission) ->> Encounter with unknown (Tale of vesperia)
Striker, HSM, Thunderburst Duel ->> Glacial Colosseum (Soul Calibur IV)
The Vibe The end of planets (dark faiz) ->> Cry, for "IDOLA" the holy (PSO)
Ukishima (rainbow beast) ->> Roberto theme (Onimusha Dawn of Dream)
[/spoiler-box]
Bonus patch!
[spoiler-box]
Club 3rd floor ->> "This is my Happiness" (1-UP song***)
Violent ->> Purification Of Darkness ~ Battle With The Parts (Grandia II)
Z.C. enemy 2 ->> Pain the Universe (Seiken Densetsu The legend of Mana)
HIVE (alternative choice) ->> Prince of the Darkness (Super Robot Wars)

***this song is only good to use during any lobby event period, because ST force th music on 1st floor and 3rd floor club room to be the same music outside the event period.[/spoiler-box]

** add FFXIII battle theme for Shred of Darkness : Roar of Flame.

where to download

(direct download both patch and back up here : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cc681514d64c4db591b20cc0d07ba4d2f8dfe3d9 cc6b2c7d )
or
(search in official site (http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193) : with the keyword "music" and author = "Arika-chan")

How to use it?
-put the patch file in the DATA folder of PSU directory.

How to return the music back, if you dislike?
-put the back up files that i prepared in the DATA folder of PSU directory.

credit goes to Johnathan F for tutorial, and TrekkiesUnite118 for provide some PSO music)

JP voice link :(search in official site : http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193 with the keyword "music" and author = "Arika-chan")

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Project 1: if you have any suggestion idea, or more suitable song, you can help the community by uploading your own patch file to let other players try them out!!
this will make PSU a better place for everybody, music is one of important factor for every game, especially the action game.
It would be nice if you can upload your patch as 1 song per 1 song for people to choose.

Project 2 : need more research on this field, but as far as it goes, the JP voice patch really help you fix all the voice bug in Eng game that ST never fix. You will hear your character voice when you attack or casting technic, however, you can only choose few certain voice for now. (more detail in the link) If any of you can use her method to find out where the remain voice hind out among those files, we will have more JP voice option to choose.

-update 27/3/2009 : add alternative music for egg thieves to Patch 3
-update 29/3/2009 : add new alternative music for HIVE to bonus patch.
-update 22/4/2009 : add FFXIII battle theme for Shred of Darkness : Roar of Flame.-update 24/4/2009 : add FFXIII battle theme plus boss ~remix for Shred of Darkness : Roar of Flame.
-update 4/7/2009 : add The last remnant tri-battles ~remix~
-Last update 18/7/2009 : add Ice event music "Absolute Zero" ~remix from anything to make you feel cold~

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 11:58 AM
oh i see, you edited the music the same way i did on ragdoll masters

Arika
Sep 29, 2008, 11:59 AM
well, seem that I can't hand stuff in publish here, so contract me personally by soo many other ways then.
give me some feedback after you tried it ^^

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 12:29 PM
hey does this work offline too?

i deactivated my psu online account, and i just reformatted my computer so the only one i'll even be able to test out for now would be the log in (i think)
cause i'd have to level up my character offline to try them all out

or i suppose i could always reactivate my psu account...

Arika
Sep 29, 2008, 12:33 PM
should be work there too.

Zero-Sensei
Sep 29, 2008, 12:50 PM
Some of the music is interesting and nice, with it. ^^
What I'd like to do with my spare time, sometime, is just do all the music from PSO Ep. III and IV and replace all of PSU's music with that. XD I can think of a few places where it is needed.
Pretty nice though! Thanks again!

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 12:54 PM
hmm so far the only one i've tried is character make over, and it didnt work

by the way, to switch the music in the game, dont you need to convert each song to a certain file type?
and what file type is that?

as far as i know it

1. convert each song you want to that file type
2. rename that song to the same name as the song in the area you want
3. replace the old song with the new song of your choice with the same name in the data folder

atleast thats how i changed the names of the songs on ragdoll masters, is it different for psu?

oh and btw, when i unpacked the file it said 2 of the files were corrupted :/
so maybe its just 2 of the songs that wont work for me, idk

Arika
Sep 29, 2008, 01:13 PM
hmm so far the only one i've tried is character make over, and it didnt work

by the way, to switch the music in the game, dont you need to convert each song to a certain file type?
and what file type is that?

as far as i know it

1. convert each song you want to that file type
2. rename that song to the same name as the song in the area you want
3. replace the old song with the new song of your choice with the same name in the data folder

atleast thats how i changed the names of the songs on ragdoll masters, is it different for psu?

oh and btw, when i unpacked the file it said 2 of the files were corrupted :/
so maybe its just 2 of the songs that wont work for me, idk

So I guess the change is only affect online then? well I never test offline, you might want to try other mission?

basically, that is correct, but you also need to make the music loop too,

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 01:17 PM
well then how do i make the music loop?
what type of file do i need to convert them to? (and what program do you use to convert the files to whatever file type? all my PSO music is .mp3 format)
sorry for all the questions, but i'd be happy to add my own versions if i can get it working =3

ok i got it working offline btw (i thought i extracted them properly, but i extracted them into another folder in the data folder....oops!)
but i still have those questions, and how do you know which data file is the song you want to change?
(so if i want to change that boring lobby music for example, how do i find which file is the lobby music?)

Arika
Sep 29, 2008, 01:21 PM
Well, the detail should be on the link? Johnathan thread,
basically, you need the first program to change it to wav file type.
and then, you just use another program to see the position where you want the loop to start and end (just only to make note of position only)
after you know the position, you use another program to make loop. and it will be adx loop music.

(the program name are all there, you can just google them )

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 29, 2008, 01:27 PM
You guys could just use mine:

*link*

Also keep in mind that Original PSU and AotI use different file names, so that could be why Arikas Patch isn't working for some. Also my patch is AotI only.

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 01:38 PM
haha what a royal pain, the adx conversion program link he offered, seems to not work, when i open it opens dos and immediately closes. Guess i'll have to email him on this one though

:OOO

long time no see Trekkie!

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 29, 2008, 01:41 PM
haha what a royal pain, the adx conversion program link he offered, seems to not work, when i open it opens dos and immediately closes. Guess i'll have to email him on this one though

:OOO

long time no see Trekkie!

You don't open it like a normal program, read the instructions he gives to use it. You run it through command prompt.

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 01:46 PM
i did try that though <.<

i did just reformat my PC if that has anything to do with it, im probably still missing a lot of drivers and such

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 29, 2008, 01:48 PM
i did try that though <.<

i did just reformat my PC if that has anything to do with it, im probably still missing a lot of drivers and such

Do you know how to move to the proper directory in DOS?

Arika
Sep 29, 2008, 01:54 PM
You must not open the program, you only need to use DOS and open it inside the DOS.

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 01:56 PM
NOPE =D

i know nothing about DOS
and thus i hate it :3

all i did so far is put the adxencd file into my documents and settings folder
then i clicked run in my start menu, and typed adxencd and i got some error message
when i click on adxencd it opens DOS real quick, then closes immediately

oh and John F mentioned:
Please note, you must be able to see the file.extensions of files to be able to do this properly
i cant see the file extensions of my files, and i dont know how to change it so that i can >:/

*sigh* if anyone smart wants to help me out with this my AIM is Squeezitgirdle
my MSN is [email protected]

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 29, 2008, 01:59 PM
NOPE =D

i know nothing about DOS
and thus i hate it :3

all i did so far is put the adxencd file into my documents and settings folder
then i clicked run in my start menu, and typed adxencd and i got some error message
when i click on adxencd it opens DOS real quick, then closes immediately

oh and John F mentioned:
i cant see the file extensions of my files, and i dont know how to change it so that i can >:/

*sigh* if anyone smart wants to help me out with this my AIM is Squeezitgirdle
my MSN is [email protected]

That's not how you run it. You run command prompt, so go to run and type cmd. In that prompt type adxencd.exe then the commands you want to do.

Arika
Sep 29, 2008, 02:03 PM
well , before I go to sleep, I guess I should give you this formular:
when you go to DOS at directory where you have that program on.

type this :

adxencd.exe test.wav -lps0 -lpe1234567

(change "test" to "your song name") and 0 to the start point
and 1234567 = end point )

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 02:17 PM
That's not how you run it. You run command prompt, so go to run and type cmd. In that prompt type adxencd.exe then the commands you want to do.

ok i got that working though i havent a clue on how to use it and

well , before I go to sleep, I guess I should give you this formular:
when you go to DOS at directory where you have that program on.

type this :

adxencd.exe test.wav -lps0 -lpe1234567

(change "test" to "your song name") and 0 to the start point
and 1234567 = end point )

well i did that it said something about not being able to find something or invalid or something

---
oh im dumb i was supposed to change test to my song name
ok so im supposed to have a .wav song and then by typing what you told me to type it should convert the song to .adx right?
well where will the output folder be?
----
ok so i converted a PSO song to .wav format with itunes
i typed what arika told me to type along with the .wav file name the file name was: 07 Underworld -chaos-.wav (then i added .wav at the end since it was a .wav file)

then the comman prompt said:
Cannot find directory 'underworld\'.
CREATE ? (Y/N)

---------

so i thought maybe DOS cant read symbols so i renamed the file to Undeworld
then typed in adxencd.exe Underworld.wav -lps0 -lpe1234567
after i did that DOS came up with:
input sound data file 'Underworld.wav'
Cannot find the file 'Underworld.wav'

this is different from what it said before, what am i doing wrong? :(

this is the current location of the song:
C:\Documents and Settings\Squeezits\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\PSO - Blue Burst\PHANTASY STAR ONLINE Blue Burst EPISODE
oh and i undid the rename so its back to normal

Matic
Sep 29, 2008, 02:54 PM
@Squeezit: The .wav file should be in the same folder as adxencd.exe.

Yeah, I've recently been messing around with this. I've only changed a few songs so far, but I plan to change a few more when I have time.

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 03:42 PM
thank you so much for the help, im sorry for so many questions >_<

how would you raise the volume of these songs btw?

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 29, 2008, 04:00 PM
thank you so much for the help, im sorry for so many questions >_<

how would you raise the volume of these songs btw?

In Audacity use the Amplify tool.

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 04:08 PM
ok found amplify, now do you happen to have a suggestion for the amplify level?
and it wont let me hit ok unless i check the box that says allow clipping...is that a good thing? x_x

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 29, 2008, 04:33 PM
ok found amplify, now do you happen to have a suggestion for the amplify level?
and it wont let me hit ok unless i check the box that says allow clipping...is that a good thing? x_x

Thats what I do, just figure out whats best by trial and error. If you make it too loud it will start to crackle.

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 04:37 PM
alright and one more question

John F had that site up thats supposed to say what song is under what name in our data folder, well

6a9518c5620774b9d0fb6a830eeebd2c is listed as the clyez music for the american version of AOI

http://www.phantasystarmonthly.com/psuadxlist.htm im using this website to find the file names of each song :/

well in my data folder, 6a9518c5620774b9d0fb6a830eeebd2c apparently doesnt exist, yet if i turn on the game the clyez music plays just fine... So what am i doing wrong? sorry sorry >_<
i think once i have this figured out i'll have all the questions answered and be able to do it myself

looks like i cant find any of those files existing in my DATA folder <.< atleast not of the ones i've searched for

actually i can find the ones listed under AOI
but i cant find the ones listed under PSU >:/

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 29, 2008, 05:26 PM
Thats the wrong file name, thats for the Original version of PSU, you want the AotI one. And also you are looking at Linear Line, not Clyez City.

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 05:34 PM
Thats the wrong file name, thats for the Original version of PSU, you want the AotI one. And also you are looking at Linear Line, not Clyez City.

oh oops

the list for AOI looks so small though o_o

is that really all the songs in the game?

btw does this change the music at all for events?
idk if sega can add more music to our data folder with patches or whatnot

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 29, 2008, 06:05 PM
oh oops

the list for AOI looks so small though o_o

is that really all the songs in the game?

btw does this change the music at all for events?
idk if sega can add more music to our data folder with patches or whatnot

That is most of the music, and unless you change event music it shouldn't effect special event music.

Squeezit
Sep 29, 2008, 07:16 PM
thats what i thought, thanks for the help :D

i already have my own pso music up for psu (it just doenst feel right putting anything else in there, not even techno)

Dana
Oct 3, 2008, 05:38 AM
For the Japanese voices, isn't there a way to just do the same thing as the new songs? I mean, instead of running the patch and everything. Isn't there just an up-loadable file that has the JP voices, and we just replace the b787754faa6817fc3b980e751e0907f2 file with the new one?

^^; just curious
P.S. Great music--You should look into some of the EP3 Soundtrack, I thought it was quite good.

Arika
Oct 3, 2008, 06:27 AM
For the Japanese voices, isn't there a way to just do the same thing as the new songs? I mean, instead of running the patch and everything. Isn't there just an up-loadable file that has the JP voices, and we just replace the b787754faa6817fc3b980e751e0907f2 file with the new one?

^^; just curious
P.S. Great music--You should look into some of the EP3 Soundtrack, I thought it was quite good.
Tried that before , it is weird that PSU will show you a message about there is some changed on DATA and will close if you touch that files.

note: I m making a second patch, and I might replace the song in moatoob again. Because the new event in JP make me noticed that they already have the crator (EP4 song) in the event use anyway, I don't want to use the same song as any event.

Dana
Oct 4, 2008, 02:58 PM
Tried that before , it is weird that PSU will show you a message about there is some changed on DATA and will close if you touch that files.

note: I m making a second patch, and I might replace the song in moatoob again. Because the new event in JP make me noticed that they already have the crator (EP4 song) in the event use anyway, I don't want to use the same song as any event.

Aahhhh, ok. Was worth asking about! I'll try the old fashioned way, hehe

Arika
Oct 5, 2008, 09:35 AM
Patch 2 is coming soon
This time, I show separate each song in different folder, so that I can add the name to tell you what song replace which music. ^^

Omega_Weltall
Oct 5, 2008, 10:04 AM
looking forward to the voice patch! (though i didnt care for the music patch, just a matter of personal taste)

Arika
Oct 5, 2008, 05:16 PM
looking forward to the voice patch! (though i didnt care for the music patch, just a matter of personal taste)
I already said why there will never be a voice patch( should have read one-two posts above your post), but you have to do it urself on the few post before this one. you just can't modify that.

Arika
Oct 5, 2008, 05:29 PM
Okay, patch 2 is upped! you can download them from my sig thread (click)

This patch is additional, depend on personal taste, some mission music might already do the good job, so I just list them by mission name in case if you might want to change only some. (suggest you try it first, since everything is easy, when you can download the back up patch also)

the patch 2 has changed the following place:
-Linear Line (Sky deck! go go go! from Sonic adventure)
-Rozenom City (escape from Rozenom city)
-Sonic Hero (change to Sonic Adventure opening theme Open your heart)
-Burning Ranger (use eng ver from TerkkiesUnite)
-Raffon Meadow (battle them from Tales of abyss)
-MIzuragi CD (JP stage from soul caribur)
-Kugu desert (be careful from Ys the Oath in Felghana)
-Dark faiz (use PSO dark faiz first-second form song)
-Dakr fakis (lol,... I wonder who will still hear this, but anyway, one of the favorite change)
-Brave fight (Song for DO or Die mission in Degeki cup!!, I m sure many want some replacement when you got bored of the original one very soon in the future, Most favorite replacement ever!)

Tyreek
Oct 5, 2008, 05:49 PM
I got it to work now. Now I need to practice seamless looping.

ChronoTrigga
Oct 5, 2008, 07:01 PM
Can someone make a Black Mages music pack?

DreXxiN
Oct 6, 2008, 12:39 AM
Most of these songs are really awesome! However, I'd like to find a way to only replace SOME of the music.

All and all Great Job Arika, you alone do so much to help the community, it deserves many thanks. So thanks again ^^.

*Thinks of something to do in return* >_>

EDIT: Err nevermind, you CAN choose XD. *was excited and didn't read thoroughly >_>*

Matic
Oct 6, 2008, 02:56 PM
I'm working on something right now. I'm almost done, just need to do a few more songs and find somewhere to upload them.

Tyreek
Oct 6, 2008, 03:23 PM
Arika, is there any progress on the voice patch as of yet? I got it to work with voice 7 on my male human, but I am really hoping I get a chance to use voice 9(best one in my opinion) in battle. It's unfortunate since it reverts to the original sound when I use it while in battle. A heavy majority of the male voices are unuseable so I'm hoping it's being looked into.

Arika
Oct 6, 2008, 05:50 PM
ask Mina for that

Matic
Oct 7, 2008, 11:33 PM
OK, I just uploaded mine. It's in the thread on the main board.

Chibi_psu
Oct 14, 2008, 12:44 PM
About the jp voice patch It doesnt seem to work that great.Would be possible to extract jp voices from v1 and add them to this patch?

Inazuma
Oct 21, 2008, 08:27 PM
for anyone who enjoys retro video game remixes and anime songs, check out my custom soundtrack. i put around 200 hours of work into it and i think it suits the game pretty well. its almost 2 gigs so i split it into multiple zip files.

just unzip em, move the files into the PSU > DATA folder and choose to overwrite existing files.

*edit* if anyone would like to discuss music w/ me, please PM me.

*removed*

Sharing copyrighted materials is against the forum rules.

KunoTatewaki
Oct 21, 2008, 08:49 PM
what are the songs? I am just curious

Inazuma
Oct 21, 2008, 09:03 PM
lots of stuff in there but its mostly sonic and rock man

Arika
Oct 22, 2008, 03:45 AM
for anyone who enjoys retro video game remixes and anime songs, check out my custom soundtrack. i put around 200 hours of work into it and i think it suits the game pretty well. its almost 2 gigs so i split it into multiple zip files.

just unzip em, move the files into the PSU > DATA folder and choose to overwrite existing files.

Omg, 200 hours!!?? serious? O,o!

Inazuma
Oct 22, 2008, 07:08 AM
Omg, 200 hours!!?? serious? O,o!

well, i took about 200 songs and packed em into about 100 psu songs. all the the main mission tracks and lots of the lobbies have 3+ songs in em.

Rust
Oct 25, 2008, 11:39 PM
Didn't plan to do that before being done with all of them, but since everyone seems to share their custom music, I figured I'd do the same. :wacko:
So yeah, since I like to change my ingame music pretty often, I made several themed music packs (20 so far) instead of a "compilation" one, and I pick tracks from them to put them together in my PSU. Or someone put a whole pack in one move.

Here's the list :

DONE

*Phantasy Star Universe (backup files for both vanilla PSU and AotI music tracks I changed)
*Skies of Arcadia
*Baten Kaitos
*Guilty Gear XX
*Final Fantasy VIII
*Devil May Cry
*Devil May Cry 2
*Devil May Cry 3
*Sonic Adventure 2
*Baten Kaitos Origins
*Soul Calibur II (also containing some tracks from Star Ocean Till the End of Time 'cause I didn't have enough appropriate tracks with solely Soul Calibur II OST)
*Shadow of the Colossus
*The Black Mages (and several tracks from Final Fantasy VII Advent Children ; no track from The Black Mages III album)
*Tales of Symphonia
*move (also known as m.o.v.e, japanese band)
*Metal (various songs from different Melodic Death Metal, Symphonic Metal, Nu Metal and Hard Rock bands)
*Kaul custom pack (a pack originally made by a friend of mine -Kelvie on those boards- but I changed about half of the tracklist because they were from games I was planning to make full packs of them, and added tracks he didn't change in his own PSU ; this is the only really compilation-like pack I've made)
*F-Zero GX/AX
*Ragnarok Online
*Metroid Prime (only first game, since I got the other soundtracks after I pretty much finalized which packs I would be going to do)
*Sonic Heroes
*Unreal Tournament 2004

NOT DONE YET

*Phantasy Star Online (from Episode I&II, along with some tracks from the Premium Arrange album ; won't include any of the tracks played already in PSU, whether it's during events or not, since all you have to do to get those ones somewhere else in the game is renaming the corresponding .adx file in the data folder into the one corresponding to the ingame music you want to replace)
*Final Fantasy IX
*Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles / Chrono Cross (it will be kind of half/half of the pack)
*Touhou (equal amount of tracks from the original games and arranges from dBu music, IOSYS, Silver Forest and such...)
*Novasonic (korean metal band ; will include a few songs from the japanese band Maximum the Hormone as well)
*J-Music (both J-Rock and J-Pop from various artists or bands)
*Phantasy Star Online Episode III C.A.R.D. Revolution (will contain some filler tracks from Katamari Damacy and Rez because I don't have enough adequate material from only PSO Ep. III OST)
*Machinae Supremacy (mainly from Jets'n'Guns soundtrack, but also some of their songs)

I began to make music packs in early June last year, so all of them only contains music data for tracks which were included in the original PSU (the files are named according to AotI new filenames though, so don't worry, you only have to extract it to your DATA folder and it'll work for AotI).

As you can see in the pack list above, I would have lacked of tracks to fill the packs with AotI new music while staying into the themes, anyways. So I just replace AotI files with ones I already made in those packs ; I usually take files from different packs from the ones I used for the regular PSU tracks for that purpose, so I don't have the same music repeating everywhere too often (that's already enough as it is with BGM such as the one from Galenigare Canyon).

Here's the list of all the files I changed : PSU ADX List (http://saiyukiteam.free.fr/jdr/PSU_ADX_List.txt).

The first part contains all the tracks from vanilla PSU, with their filename (in the form "PSU v.1 client > PSU AotI client") in the DATA folder.

Second part are all the AotI tracks I think worth the change, with their filename in the data folder (no PSU v.1 filename, indeed). If you're going to use one of my already made tracks to replace one of those, pick the one you want in the pack, then rename it using the corresponding filename I've put in that .txt file, and paste it in your DATA folder. Well, yeah, I know Her Secret Mission isn't AotI exclusive, but it wasn't released yet when I started making my packs, so it got taken aside from the 'regular tracks' for the purpose of doing my tracks.

Third part are my suggestions about which made tracks you should take from my packs to replace each AotI tracks. Indeed, those are only suggestions, do whatever you want with those, but this selection, though not always, works pretty well with most of the packs I already made.

For a better overview of my packs, I uploaded an archive containing a tracklist for each pack I already made, detailing which track I used for which PSU music for a said pack.
You can get that archive here (http://saiyukiteam.free.fr/jdr/PSU_Custom_Music_Packs_(tracklists).rar).
(@Mods : Don't remove this link, it doesn't contain any copyrighted stuff ; this archive is only full of .txt files.)

Since I'm not gonna bother uploading all of that for nothing if nobody's interested (and since I can't put up links directly due to copyright issues), PM me if you're interested in getting one of those packs, or even only a few tracks from some of them.
You can do the same if you're interested in getting one of the pack I didn't make yet, or its tracklist ; I'll let you know when said pack is done (but it can take a while, I do those only when I really have nothing else to do).

Arika
Oct 26, 2008, 02:31 AM
oh, so instead of mixing them together like most other, you separate them into many patch, and use 1 game by 1 game right? so they can't all be used together, but one by one. I see.

btw, if you do it from people request and only pick 1 series for 1 patch, I m sure there is a person in official forum who was asking for blackmage.

Rust
Oct 26, 2008, 01:59 PM
Well, I didn't go for the "mix-everything in one pack" option mainly there was too many music I wanted to try out for the same areas or boss from PSU.
I actually mix them together after that, unpacking only a few tracks from each pack to my DATA folder, and I change that pretty often before it gets boring (usually, I change all the files when I've heard all of them at least once ingame).
You can mix them together by picking some tracks from each, it's just a bit longer than just extracting a whole pack at once. People will have to do some file renaming at some point if they want AotI only tracks to be changed anyways, since I didn't include them in my packs. And I think it's better to use files from other packs for that purpose or else it makes too much repetition of the same tracks.

I don't make my packs from people request, though. All those here, both done and planned, are ones I wanted to make for my own use. I'll happily share any of the ones in the list I posted above if people want some of them, but I certainly won't make a pack that isn't in that list for other people ; it consumes enough time as it is.
Black Mages pack is probably the next one I'm planning to do, though ; I just don't know when.

voxie
Nov 1, 2008, 09:22 AM
Some of the music is interesting and nice, with it. ^^
What I'd like to do with my spare time, sometime, is just do all the music from PSO Ep. III and IV and replace all of PSU's music with that. XD I can think of a few places where it is needed.
Pretty nice though! Thanks again!

Yes! Me too!! XD

ChronoTrigga
Nov 1, 2008, 09:26 PM
Did you finish your Black Mages pack yet? I had one on old PSU but I never got around to doing it for PSU AOTI.

Arika
Nov 1, 2008, 10:30 PM
Did you finish your Black Mages pack yet? I had one on old PSU but I never got around to doing it for PSU AOTI.

who did you ask? Rust or me?
I never do a song by request btw.
Rust did a song by request, but he only do for the one that he list. (no BlackMage on the list)

I suggest you check out the method section about how to work this out and do it your own.

Rust
Nov 2, 2008, 02:09 PM

Nope, and honestly, I doubt it will be done before December ; going on an internship in the end of this week till the end of the month and I won't have time for that. I can let you know when it's up with a PM, if you want.

In the meantime, you could try to do some for you if you know how to do it ; like I explained, I don't have replacement for new tracks included in AotI (De Rol Le, Habirao, Casino Voloyal, Mother Brain, etc...), you will have to rename some of those I already done to replace them if you use my pack.
Also, be sure to make some from Black Mages III by yourself if you want some of them ; I won't use any tracks from the Black Mages III album because I really didn't like it.

Shinji Kazuya
Nov 5, 2008, 01:53 PM
Hello everyone. I finished my custom soundtrack for psu: aoti and i'd like you to try it and tell me what you think.

You can get it here: *removed*
I hope you like it. ^_^

Mod edit: Sharing copyrighted material here is against forum rules.

Rust
Nov 5, 2008, 02:07 PM
Since the link is probably gonna be removed by a mod before I'd take the time to download it, would it be possible to have a tracklist (tracks changed, what they have been replaced with, etc.) ? :wacko:

And why the hell has this thread been moved to PSU General now ?

Shinji Kazuya
Nov 5, 2008, 02:13 PM
They gonna remove it ? =O
I don't have any knowledge about forums, sorry.
The track list you asked about it's in part 1.

Rust
Nov 5, 2008, 03:01 PM
Alright, I'll check in. And yeah, you can't post any links to copyrighted material on those boards.
Since custom music tracks are made from copyrighted content (unless you composed and made them yourself), links are to them aren't allowed and mods usually remove them ASAP.
That's why Arika didn't put a link to hers in the OP post, and I didn't to mines either.

Shinji Kazuya
Nov 5, 2008, 03:14 PM
Oh i see. Thanks for the info.
Well if someone wants to try my soundtrack please send me a pm or contact me in msn.

You can get the track list of my soundtrack here:
http://download109.mediafire.com/70t4ymbmnkdg/hgz3tzzym0g/Music+list.txt
(Mods please don't remove this link, it doesn't contain any copyrighted stuff, it's just a .txt with names )

Matic
Nov 7, 2008, 08:40 PM
( Original - Madness the Machine Sparx ) ( Mine - Wild Arms the Vth Vanguard - Terrible-monster Attacking Crew! ).adx

lol, That's my Onmagoug/Dimmagolus theme right now.

( Original - Revolution to the origin PART2 ) ( Mine - Star Ocean Till the End of Time - Mission to the Empty Space ).adx

...and that's my HIVE. :)

I like your list, or at least the songs I know. I'll have to look up the rest.

Arika
Nov 7, 2008, 11:31 PM
...and that's my HIVE. :)

I used to consider using that one as Linear Line, because it suit the mission style of space more than HIVE which is more like inside some kind of monster body.
However, at the end, I can't resist using "go go sky deck! from Sonic adventure 1" because when I tested both of them in the mission Linear Line, this one give better expression of enjoying the battle.

As for Hive, I just use battle them from Devil May cry 4. (kind of giving the feeling of fighting dark and evil stuff)

Rust
Nov 8, 2008, 09:29 AM
For the HIVE whole "inside something living" feeling, the Heart of Leviathan battle theme works pretty well, since it has been composed for a fight taking place inside a giant monster body. :wacko:

But now that they added the AMF Underwater Compound and Disco HIVE (Rykros), both sharing the same music as HIVE, I find it more difficult to find a theme that fits for the three places. My best bet so far has been Metroid Prime's main theme, which got as much organic stuff as it got a 'deep space' feeling.

Rust
Dec 19, 2008, 09:49 AM
Double post and epic bump to say I finished my Black Mages pack, for whoever wants it. (PM me if you want it, since I can't put up a link there.)

It also contains a lot of tracks from the FFVIIAC OST, since either Nobuo Uematsu or The Black Mages are credited to most of the tracks from it. I didn't use a single track from the Black Mages III (found this album terribly bad, and I make packs for myself at first place).

As always, you'll have to manually rename the files I made if you want to use them for PSU v.1, move some tracks to an area instead of the one I chosed, or replace music tracks from areas which are AOTI only.
I've added the tracklist of this pack to the archive gathering all the tracklists ; the tracklist also contains suggestions of replacements for AOTI files with the tracks I made for the rest.

EDIT : Baten Kaitos pack done.

-Zephyr-
Feb 12, 2009, 09:21 AM
How exactly did you manage to only get A PORTION of the Japanese voices to work?

...I'm baffled.

Arika
Feb 23, 2009, 10:53 PM
Update patch 3 and bonus detail,

also change patch 1 to make it selectable.

The_Brimada
Mar 21, 2009, 04:03 PM
I changed a few songs in game myself, but I need to go back and amplify some of them later.

[spoiler-box]
Just wrote what I changed

Crater part 2 - HIVE
Growl, From The Digital Haze - Alterzgoug
IDOLA, Have The Divine Blade -Sleeping Warriors
IDOLA, Have The Immortal Feather - Magashi/Fakis Form 1
IDOLA, The Strange Fruits - Fakis Second Form
Jungle, A Forest Cage - Habriro FD
New Lifes Result - Mission Clear
Revive Rough Wave - falz (worm)
SA1 - Cylez City Linear Line
Via Tubus- Train

Lupis Silva 1 - Scarred planet/Lightning Beast
Lupis Silva 2 - Mad Creatures/Beast
Morgue 2 - Parum/AMF Linear Line
Molae Venti- system defense/ desert terror
Temple of Ravum -Neudaiz Relic/duel sentinel [/spoiler-box]

As you can see most of the songs I used were from ep3 though lol. I'll probably change some around later.

Zabrio
Mar 22, 2009, 07:57 PM
how do you add songs that you've converted from mp3>wav>adx into the game like replacing the my room music i've tried renaming it to the same thing with no file extension but it still says adx file is this okay and all i have to do is remove the other one or does the file type have to be the same as the others ("file"), if so how do i change the file type to the right one?

Rust
Mar 22, 2009, 08:19 PM
Once you made your ADX file, you need to remove the .adx extension in order to replace the original files (I suggest you make a backup of the originals you want to replace beforehand, though).

To display the file extension, granted you're using Win XP (I dun have Vista so it might be different), just click Tools > Folder Options on the top of your explorer window, then go the Display tab and uncheck the box near the "Mask known extensions" line.

If you have WinRAR, you can also do this:
Open anything with WinRAR, go to your ADX folder from there, and you should be able to remove the .adx extension, since WinRAR explorer always display all the file extensions.

Zabrio
Mar 22, 2009, 09:14 PM
i'm in vista but i'll try that winrar thing thank you

edit: yep that worked thank you very much :)

Zabrio
Mar 22, 2009, 09:43 PM
what is the name of the cabo II base music?

Rust
Mar 22, 2009, 10:38 PM
"Abandoned City, Melvore" for the level ; "The Hunt -The End of Planets-" for the Magashi battle

Zabrio
Mar 23, 2009, 03:53 PM
tyvm

hey is there a place where you can see what the name of each area's music is?

hunterseifer
Mar 23, 2009, 04:50 PM
Arika, Just wanted to say you have great taste in music:-) wouldve made the same choices

Arika
Mar 23, 2009, 09:07 PM
O, thank

The_Brimada
Mar 24, 2009, 02:17 PM
tyvm

hey is there a place where you can see what the name of each area's music is?

This has alot of them there if that's what you meant.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/4/1624471/Psu%20music%20tracks2.txt

Zabrio
Mar 24, 2009, 04:34 PM

yep thank you :D

Arika
Mar 27, 2009, 02:21 AM
I just notice that egg thieves music always start from begining everytime when you change block. It make slow-start music like grandia II battle song doesn't suit it anymore. So I will readjust patch 3 again if I have time. any suggestion is welcome.

Zabrio
Mar 27, 2009, 04:11 PM
hey the patch to change roznom city's music needs to change to
d2200f635e6681b9346fa4b7bb05c4a0
i don't know what the file name for your patch's roznom city is ^^;

Arika
Mar 27, 2009, 08:21 PM
Roznom city should be in the patch 2.
but egg thieves music change in patch 3.

I m loading new-Patch 3 now, it will be done soon.
the new patch 3 will have 2 choices of music in egg theives, you can swap them time to time. the Grandia II is better song, but the SONIC adventure II is shorter starting time so, it is more suit the fact that egg thieves refresh your music every block.

Katy
Mar 28, 2009, 03:24 PM

This list is missing: 01793d64756ed3418f709a31851892cf

I can't figure out what it is. I have a song I downloaded from a patch for it but I don't want to patch it not knowing what I'm replacing.

Matic
Mar 28, 2009, 03:47 PM
Oh, that one's the Mother Brain battle theme.

Zabrio
Mar 28, 2009, 04:53 PM
Roznom city should be in the patch 2.
but egg thieves music change in patch 3.

I m loading new-Patch 3 now, it will be done soon.
the new patch 3 will have 2 choices of music in egg theives, you can swap them time to time. the Grandia II is better song, but the SONIC adventure II is shorter starting time so, it is more suit the fact that egg thieves refresh your music every block.

yeah i know i downloaded patch 2 and the roznom city music wasn't changed

Arika
Mar 28, 2009, 09:59 PM
I checked it, and there is no problem with the file, it work normally, I also asked 2 of my friends that using the same patch.

check this if you change the right song.

Patch 2.

-Linear Line ->> Sky deck! go go go! (Sonic adventure)
-Rozenom City ->> escape from Rozenom city (Sonic adventure 2)
-Sonic Hero ->> Open your heart (Sonic Adventure)
-Burning Ranger ->> Burning Ranger Eng ver.
-Raffon Meadow ->> Battle them I (Tales of abyss)
-MIzuragi CD ->> Mitsurugi stage (Soulcalibur)
-Kugu desert ->> be careful (Ys the Oath in Felghana)
-Dark faiz ->> PSO dark faiz first-second (PSO)
-Dakr fakis form 1, magashi ->> Pure Odio (LiveALive)
-Brave fight ->> Bonus missions of carnival!! (PS-series remix)

Patch 3

Clyez Linear Line (AMF), Metro area ->> Opening stage (Rockman X (self remix))
Death Palace, mother brain ->> Mesame (Mai-HiME)
Habirao FD. area ->> Jubei Yagyu Red Theme (Onimusha Dawn of Dream)
Egg thieves ->> FIGHT!! ver 1 (Grandia II)
Relic Awaken (many relic except sleeping warrior, and main puzzle) ->> Vergil battle 2 (Devil May Cry 3)
Rozenom Line Milate 04 (all Train mission) ->> Encounter with unknown (Tale of vesperia)
Striker, HSM, Thunderburst Duel ->> Glacial Colosseum (Soul Calibur IV)
The Vibe The end of planets (dark faiz) ->> Cry, for "IDOLA" the holy (PSO)
Ukishima (rainbow beast) ->> Roberto theme (Onimusha Dawn of Dream)

If you change the name according to Johnathan link, that rozenom city is not the mission name, but it is the AMF song.

Zabrio
Mar 29, 2009, 02:43 AM
ah that might be it :P

Arika
Mar 29, 2009, 03:44 AM
Now, I also put an alternative music for HIVE too, because some people doesn't like Devil may Cry battle theme.

It is in the Bonus patch now!!!

ashley50
Apr 3, 2009, 12:24 PM
hmmm The Alternative HIVE music is so-so still for me :/...

but it's better ^^;

Katy
Apr 3, 2009, 07:00 PM
Does anyone have a full list including the PSO tracks from the rare missions Forest of Illusion/Phantom Fissure etc.?

Arika
Apr 3, 2009, 07:45 PM
I don't really go there often enough to want to change the rare mission song :p

Zabrio
Apr 3, 2009, 09:22 PM
Does anyone have a full list including the PSO tracks from the rare missions Forest of Illusion/Phantom Fissure etc.?

8867241135a197bf86f86de3cda0fdbc Forest of Illusion (mother earth of dishonesty part2)
223faa4ed1db4e770cdcc38dd1e19a3e Phantom Fissure (Kink in the wind and way part 2)
f3f5325f2e0f600962b89e6cadd7dd9b Illusionary Shaft(empty space out of control part 2)

there you go those should be the right ones

Katy
Apr 4, 2009, 05:53 AM
8867241135a197bf86f86de3cda0fdbc Forest of Illusion (mother earth of dishonesty part2)
223faa4ed1db4e770cdcc38dd1e19a3e Phantom Fissure (Kink in the wind and way part 2)
f3f5325f2e0f600962b89e6cadd7dd9b Illusionary Shaft(empty space out of control part 2)

there you go those should be the right ones

Thank you, I seem to get tagged a lot with these. PF music is just as dull as it was in PSO.

And Arika-chan excuses, excuses.

Arika
Apr 4, 2009, 06:22 AM
give me your luck on PF then ;)

Katy
Apr 4, 2009, 10:39 AM
give me your luck on PF then ;)

Heh I just got PF again even though WD is over but I guess I can check out the new track I put. I've gotten the hang of looping now to make my own tracks.

If anyone has suggestions on casino music I'll check it out. I've been wanting to replace it for a while but nothing comes to mind.

The_Brimada
Apr 4, 2009, 03:49 PM
Heh I just got PF again even though WD is over but I guess I can check out the new track I put. I've gotten the hang of looping now to make my own tracks.

If anyone has suggestions on casino music I'll check it out. I've been wanting to replace it for a while but nothing comes to mind.

I've been trying to figure out what to use for casino myself. Contemplating using Casino Night(Sonic 2) until I can think of something better >_>

Matic
Apr 5, 2009, 08:11 AM
As far as the casino goes, I've been meaning to loop these two songs:

Nightless City Guara Bobelo (Wild Arms 4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEYphaE2Zn4

Arid Sands Night (Sonic Unleashed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL3zdOE88tU

I'm not sure which I like more, though.

M-I-K-E-Y
Apr 5, 2009, 01:40 PM
well there both lame and im just being real and straight up

beatrixkiddo
Apr 5, 2009, 01:45 PM
I've been trying to figure out what to use for casino myself. Contemplating using Casino Night(Sonic 2) until I can think of something better >_>

If you loop Casino Night for that, send to me :3

Zabrio
Apr 5, 2009, 05:46 PM
well there both lame and im just being real and straight up

i kinda liked the sonic unleashed one :P

Zabrio
Apr 6, 2009, 12:58 AM
well i finally got around to trying my music changed at II cabo base and it didn't work (i just realised i use the japanese file name xD) does anyone have the file name for US/EU (this also applies to the magashi fight :P

Rust
Apr 6, 2009, 08:26 AM
JP and US/EU use the same .adx files.
The only difference is between PSU v.1 and PSU AotI, which have different filenames for the same areas.

Anyways, Abandoned City, Mellvore = b13bc15e376f4e6f54070f4e72acfe5d ; The Hunt -The End of Planets- = b5fbb90f0b23e0b9e87bcdafbab3e5b4.

If you already used those and it doesn't work, then you've done something wrong somewhere.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 6, 2009, 12:59 PM
How about for the Casino Voloyal the a jazzy remake of the Casino area from Sonic Adventure 1 is used? As for the Club area something more "dance" like is needed. I dunno what but crap dude! I don't think its hard to "trance"-ify some tunes.

Arika
Apr 6, 2009, 11:58 PM
Katy, I find it in Youtube that you have made all the lobby music also! and that is good one (FF:dissedia music on the dual in the ruin lobby)
Would you like to share your patch here also? this thread is not belong to my patch only btw.

My project writting there is that if many people make their own patch and share, we will have so many different patch to keep switching during the game life time.

Katy
Apr 9, 2009, 11:21 PM
I looped all the suggestions for the casino and some random suggestions from this topic and posted links on the official forums. You can find my topic by searching screen name "Michi". Topic Title is "PC Users Music Enhancement Patche(s)".

beatrixkiddo
Apr 10, 2009, 02:30 AM
I've created one based on 東方 (Touhou) music.

I can't link it here obviously, but you can get in touch with me for the link :O

Rust
Apr 10, 2009, 09:12 AM
I've created one based on 東方 (Touhou) music.

I can't link it here obviously, but you can get in touch with me for the link :O

I'm planning to do my own Touhou pack, but I could use another one in the meantime.

Mind sending me (either posted here or through a PM) a list of which musics you changed and what you replaced them with?
I'd like an overview of what I can expect in it, especially if you also used arranges from doujin circles, because there is some of them I really can't stand (i.e. COOL&CREATE). :3

(And too bad your sig got removed. :p)

beatrixkiddo
Apr 10, 2009, 11:54 AM
http://xfoxprower.selfip.com/~beatrix/readme.txt

I didn't use any music outside of the official game soundtracks.

PMed you as well.

Rust
Apr 10, 2009, 12:17 PM
Ah then that should be a nice complement to mine, since I will mostly use arranges rather than original music (and even then, they will be from IaMP/SWR in majority).

Looking at the tracklist, there's a lot of tracks I would have moved to different areas/boss than the ones you picked, and some that are a bit surprising (I personally think Green-eyed jealousy wouldn't fit anywhere in the game).
I'm dowloading it right now anyways. I can still mess around with the files once I got them, and that'll spare me time if I happen to want to use some of them in my own pack. (You'll be credited for the files I took from your pack in that case.)

beatrixkiddo
Apr 10, 2009, 12:18 PM
Essen made me include Green-eyed jealousy :@

I think I'm going to add a file for the Firebreak track, because it's used in the /R missions and I want Touhou playing ;D

Edit: Anyway, I picked the songs for specific reasons (most of them anyway), so let's discuss on MSN what you think you would move around.

Rust
Apr 10, 2009, 12:43 PM
Well, I'll have a try with the pack as it is beforehand ; maybe in the end it will work better than what I was expecting.
I'm not very familiar with the music from the original soundtracks. I mean by that that I sure know most of the themes well, but I don't listen to their "MIDI-like" form often enough to have them fresh in mind. I listen to a lot of them through the arranges by dBu music, which are pretty close, but have additional instrumentals (Fall of Fall, for example, is mostly drums+violin on dBu's version), so that might false my perception of them.

Not a huge deal if your pack is different from what I was expecting, though. As I said, I can move whichever file I'd place anywhere else.
For Contamination ~Fire~, I'd probably pick something from Subterranean Animism. Either moving Hellfire Mantle to that area, and putting SA's 2nd stage BGM (I don't remember the name of the track) in Kugu Desert instead (the echoing percussions are giving it a good tribal background feeling) ; or else, putting Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion for FireBreak areas. Just a personal choice though, you're free to mess around as you wish with your pack. ;)

beatrixkiddo
Apr 10, 2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah I was already looking at using Utsuho's boss theme for that :lol:

And what do you mean MIDI-like form? The soundtracks use the full-quality "wav" option BGM from the games, which is MUCH better. :P

Rust
Apr 10, 2009, 12:59 PM
That's why I quoted the term. Even though I have them under .mp3/.wav forms, instrumentals still sound a lot like they've been mixed on a MIDI synth to me (especially on EoSD/PCB/IN). I had a MIDI-mixer on my old computer, it was able to turn MIDI files into something close to what I hear from Touhou original soundtracks (besides IaMP/SWR, but those are mostly arranged by Twilight Frontier).
I'm not saying that sounds bad (I listen to retro-gaming stuff that could be labeled as "sounding worse", really), I still love most of the themes, but I don't listen to the original ones very often compared to the arranges I have of them.

Zorafim
Apr 10, 2009, 01:54 PM
I remember seeing this back when I took a break from PSU. As a musician, I've always been of the opinion that music makes or breaks an atmosphere. And music is something that PSU doesn't always do well. Who knows, maybe a few song changes will mix things up. If I enjoy it enough, maybe I can custom make my own setting.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 11, 2009, 01:44 AM
Rust, check out my link again. I added a supplement :)

Arika
Apr 15, 2009, 06:23 AM
I have make a very special HIVE song for ashley50.

PM me if anybody want to try it.

ashley50
Apr 15, 2009, 08:16 AM
ohhh...for me? :x
*hugs*

Ima try it once i get home today ^^

Arika
Apr 22, 2009, 12:17 PM
Replacement song : from LongingToAncientTimesPart2 to Final Fantasy XIII battle theme. (I ripped it from FFXIII demo which come with FF AC blue ray in high quality)

Effect mission : Roar of Flame

Enjoy!

Shou
Apr 22, 2009, 03:14 PM
Arika you should make me a personal music patch and ill give you a nice long list of all the songs I want to be replaced with them <3 OMGTHANKYOUSOMUCHLOVEFORYOU!

I dont know how to do this for shit! >_<
:wacko:

Sakaki
Apr 22, 2009, 04:33 PM
Awesome job Arika. I like all the songs you've chosen to use for PSU.^^

Matic
Apr 22, 2009, 07:47 PM
I love that FF13 battle theme! Works out for me, especially since I couldn't decide on which song to replace Ancient Times pt.2 with. :wacko:
Anyway, I have a decent collection of songs in .adx format. I'm willing to share my patch, if anyone's interested.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 22, 2009, 09:46 PM
Hey Arika can I get that List and downloadable file as well?? I'm very interested! Also how didja guy manage to do all this? Sorry I'm kinda tired and didn't feel like reading through all the pages. Today just made me feel...crappy.

Arika
Apr 22, 2009, 09:51 PM
FIrst post on first page has all list.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 22, 2009, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTclnyRcLdQ

Use this tune for the Club area. Fits well.

Shou
Apr 23, 2009, 04:38 AM
I am having trouble with putting in my own songs.

1) I convert my MP3s to wave files

2) I then convert the wav to adx and create the loop using Audacity

3) Everything works perfectly (the file is on my had drive) and its now an adx file.

4) I think this is were I am going wrong. I then change the filename of that adx file to the same name as lets say the casino song (87a16b6011812172c705700ae9552405) and replace the old PSU file with the new adx file.

5) Now whenever I am supposed to be listening to the casino song nothing plays at all.

Can you point out what i did wrong please? :-?

I was able to use Trekkies patches just fine as almost all of his changes were what I wanted (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=80080)

Arika
Apr 23, 2009, 04:43 AM
I have learned a new way to mix the song, now I finished this work on FF XIII battle theme plus BOSS.

I have tested it, and it is very good on the STD mission where you spam a lot. Because the 2 min loop was too fast, this one is 5 min loop from 2 musics mix. Try it!

Rust
Apr 23, 2009, 07:47 AM
I am having trouble with putting in my own songs.

1) I convert my MP3s to wave files

2) I then convert the wav to adx and create the loop using Audacity

3) Everything works perfectly (the file is on my had drive) and its now an adx file.

4) I think this is were I am going wrong. I then change the filename of that adx file to the same name as lets say the casino song (87a16b6011812172c705700ae9552405) and replace the old PSU file with the new adx file.

5) Now whenever I am supposed to be listening to the casino song nothing plays at all.

Can you point out what i did wrong please? :-?

I was able to use Trekkies patches just fine as almost all of his changes were what I wanted (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=80080)

Only thing I can think about is that you didn't rename your .adx right. When you rename it, make sure you remove the .adx extension from the file as well, or else it won't replace the file in your PSU DATA folder. All the files in DATA are just a bunch of hexadecimal named crap with no extension at all.
Though, if that's the problem, it should be the old original music that should be playing, not nothing at all. Unless you removed the file manually and then put in the other? *scratches head*

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 23, 2009, 10:11 AM
Downloading ahead of time. Arika, anyone who puts Devil May Cry music in PSU is right there in the top 10 awesome people in my book. If you put in any of the IRON ATTACK! Touhou songs in the mix I'd prolly get on one knee and ask you to marry me.

Arika
Apr 23, 2009, 10:14 AM
Downloading ahead of time. Arika, anyone who puts Devil May Cry music in PSU is right there in the top 10 awesome people in my book. If you put in any of the IRON ATTACK! Touhou songs in the mix I'd prolly get on one knee and ask you to marry me.

Marry Bea, he has touhou patch.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 23, 2009, 10:16 AM
Marry Bea, he has touhou patch.

*cough*Yourisbetter*cough*

Rust
Apr 23, 2009, 11:03 AM
anyone who puts Devil May Cry music in PSU is right there in the top 10 awesome people in my book

DONE

*Phantasy Star Universe (backup files for both vanilla PSU and AotI music tracks I changed)
*Skies of Arcadia
*Baten Kaitos
*Guilty Gear XX
*Final Fantasy VIII
*Devil May Cry
*Devil May Cry 2
*Devil May Cry 3
*Sonic Adventure 2
*Baten Kaitos Origins
*Soul Calibur II (also containing some tracks from Star Ocean Till the End of Time 'cause I didn't have enough appropriate tracks with solely Soul Calibur II OST)
*Shadow of the Colossus
*The Black Mages (and several tracks from Final Fantasy VII Advent Children ; no track from The Black Mages III album)
*Tales of Symphonia
*move (also known as m.o.v.e, japanese band)
*Metal (various songs from different Melodic Death Metal, Symphonic Metal, Nu Metal and Hard Rock bands)
*Kaul custom pack (a pack originally made by a friend of mine -Kelvie on those boards- but I changed about half of the tracklist because they were from games I was planning to make full packs of them, and added tracks he didn't change in his own PSU ; this is the only really compilation-like pack I've made)
*F-Zero GX/AX
*Ragnarok Online
*Metroid Prime (only first game, since I got the other soundtracks after I pretty much finalized which packs I would be going to do)
*Sonic Heroes
*Unreal Tournament 2004

NOT DONE YET

*Phantasy Star Online (from Episode I&II, along with some tracks from the Premium Arrange album ; won't include any of the tracks played already in PSU, whether it's during events or not, since all you have to do to get those ones somewhere else in the game is renaming the corresponding .adx file in the data folder into the one corresponding to the ingame music you want to replace)
*Final Fantasy IX
*Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles / Chrono Cross (it will be kind of half/half of the pack)
*Touhou (equal amount of tracks from the original games and arranges from dBu music, IOSYS, Silver Forest and such...)
*Novasonic (korean metal band ; will include a few songs from the japanese band Maximum the Hormone as well)
*J-Music (both J-Rock and J-Pop from various artists or bands)
*Phantasy Star Online Episode III C.A.R.D. Revolution (will contain some filler tracks from Katamari Damacy and Rez because I don't have enough adequate material from only PSO Ep. III OST)
*Machinae Supremacy (mainly from Jets'n'Guns soundtrack, but also some of their songs)

How am I doing in your Top 10? :wacko:

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 23, 2009, 11:25 AM
Links to DOWNOAD PLOX!!!! To person above me....

beatrixkiddo
Apr 23, 2009, 11:31 AM
*cough*Yourisbetter*cough*

Have you even tried mine? :disapprove:

Rust
Apr 23, 2009, 11:37 AM
I advise you take a look at the tracklists (http://saiyukiteam.free.fr/jdr/PSU_Custom_Music_Packs_(tracklists).rar) first (all the tracklists from already done packs are in there, so just check for the three DMC txt files) to see if the musics I looped in those are to your likings, because I need to upload them and I'm not gonna do it if you end up not being interested.

I made those packs before AotI was released, so it only changes the vanilla PSU files, but nothing prevents you from renaming the files in those to put them in better places afterwards. Not planning to make an AotI update for those anyways, mostly because I can't (not enough adequate tracks in each DMC OST to fill the 50 music replacement or so).

General notice:
The only packs I'm gonna update to include AotI replacement will be: Metal pack, move pack, Kaul custom pack, J-Music pack, Machinae Supremacy pack and Touhou pack. (I haven't started to make the last three ones at all yet.)

EDIT:
@Bea: I've been pissed to discover the event mission had VR Temple has a BGM instead of the regular RELICS -Awakening- / Contamination -Fire- combo. Therefore, I renamed your fire contamination .adx so it would replace VR Temple instead. I wanted me some Nuclear Fusion in there. :/

beatrixkiddo
Apr 23, 2009, 11:50 AM
I simply added a new track :D

Yumi's boss music from th11. It's up on the usual spot ;)

And yeah, VR Temple is possibly one of the worst PSO tracks...

Rust
Apr 23, 2009, 12:00 PM
Actually, I like VR Temple music. But since I'm currently doing a lot of runs in that area on PSO:BB, I'd rather not have it in my PSU as well. <_<

beatrixkiddo
Apr 23, 2009, 12:01 PM
It's awful how could you like it D:

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 23, 2009, 01:27 PM
Yes Nuclear Fusion sounds great. I would suggest C-Clays version. It has sirens in it!

Shou
Apr 24, 2009, 02:37 AM
WOOT! I figured it out! XP makes it a little bit more of a hassle to be able to change file extensions but I got it finally.

Ive been PSO-ifying my PSU music lol! I used tracks from PSO EP1&2, EP3, and EP4.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 24, 2009, 02:58 AM
WOOT! I figured it out! XP makes it a little bit more of a hassle to be able to change file extensions but I got it finally.

Ive been PSO-ifying my PSU music lol! I used tracks from PSO EP1&2, EP3, and EP4.

Only if you're a nub and don't disable that auto-hiding of extensions =/

Shou
Apr 24, 2009, 03:43 AM
D: [SPOILER-BOX]howdareyou... [/SPOILER-BOX]

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 28, 2009, 09:05 AM
I must be completely retarded when it comes to this. I have no clue what to do. Even if the directions are simple as hell I still have no idea what to do! Can someone post some directions on how to replace the file? I just don't want to screw up and screw up the game.

Update: I figured it out. Me and my pure utter genious. I swear, I R teh smartest uf all Gurhal!!!

The_Brimada
May 2, 2009, 06:08 PM
If you loop Casino Night for that, send to me :3

Since I'm actually playing PSU again I did it last night.

My list doesn't seem to have the filename for VR temple...(I'm really sick of that song >.>)

I'll look around in the topic some more for it though. I'm just going to throw my Ice Cap Zone Remix song in there(been wanting an excuse to finally use it)

*edit Goodie! I got my filename now XD

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 2, 2009, 10:54 PM
Hey does anyone know where I can find a FAQ on how to do this? I was thinking of putting in my own music. But if you guys know where I can get more of these music files (such as Touhou music and they're remixes) PM me ok? I've become a total junkie to these things.

Arika
May 2, 2009, 11:00 PM
Check the front page, you should find nearly every thing there or every link.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 2, 2009, 11:10 PM
THere we go. Durper dur. Thanks for helpin me out once again Arika. You are the wind beneath my wings. Also is there links to Touhou music files anywhere? Most of the music files seem to be PSO. Although nice I'd like something different like Touhou or metal...or jazz.

Rust
May 3, 2009, 04:25 PM
Besides Bea's Touhou pack, I'm not aware of any yet.
I have planned on making one (almost complete replacement of all musics with mostly arranges), but I'm too lazy to do it those times. Not to add I have to update some of my former packs with AotI music before. <_<;

Darki
May 3, 2009, 06:20 PM
Hey, Arika what happened with the JP voices and the problem with not getting all of them? I'm still looking for it but I haven't seen any progress at all. Just asking. <.<

Arika
May 3, 2009, 08:34 PM
Minna is the one who did it, and I think she doesn't continue anymore

Darki
May 4, 2009, 05:58 AM
Oh crap, well, I'll have to continue with the only 4 ones. Thanks for the quick answer.

TWM_Metatron
May 4, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hello! I was thinking of swapping out some music, but I want your guys' opinions on where to stick these songs because I personally have no clue where they would be fitting:

[SPOILER-BOX]

.hack//Infection:

Mac Anu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km991zJhTa0

Phase 1: Skeith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRbWFj6TEgM

Cathedral: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4fT4NjTxS8

Desktop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7fFg7ZRK8s

One Piece:

Three Towers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWOMc7YHEYM

Karakuri Defense System, Deploy!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYxHIngGBx8

I Won't Fall To Something Like This!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-NqYpLRGeo

Angry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suSUFBF6VrU

Spirited Swordman Zoro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47S2IVhqBk8

Gintama:

Tabemono no Suki Kirai Ooi Nin wa Ningen no Suki Kirai mo Ooi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxFcsxK7MZM

Temee Raa! Butta Kiru!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J2oLT9wz7I

Zura Janai Katsura daaa!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODk0VWL9zPg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Any suggestions would be appreciative. Also, I welcome suggestions to other tracks from the above games/series.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 4, 2009, 01:10 PM
Besides Bea's Touhou pack, I'm not aware of any yet.
I have planned on making one (almost complete replacement of all musics with mostly arranges), but I'm too lazy to do it those times. Not to add I have to update some of my former packs with AotI music before. <_<;

If you got time can you send me a link, I would find it but I've been pretty busy lately. Freakin family jobs!

beatrixkiddo
May 4, 2009, 01:15 PM
You could ask Bea directly...

:3?

Arika
Jul 4, 2009, 01:33 AM
Update now, with song for the first event mission

beatrixkiddo
Jul 4, 2009, 09:04 PM
I too have updated my selection with a new track for Protectors γ.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 7, 2009, 12:14 PM
I'm thinking about making my own M.E.P. Its gonna be a mix of Persona 3-4, No More Heroes, Gurren Lagaan, Touhou Remixes, and maybe a few jingles from old Sonic games. All I need now is another zip drive to put all the music and converter files and what-not. Oh and I'm gonna be using Frank Sinatra's "Luck Be A Lady" for the casino theme.

The_Brimada
Jul 8, 2009, 11:35 AM
Alfort Tylor theme doesn't feel right playing in any mission so swapped it out for the Hydrocity Zone Act 2(Sonic 3)

Also swapped out Brave Fight with Flying Fortress Zone Act 2(Sonic 3 again)

Swapped out De Rol Le for for one of Golden Sun's boss theme's(couldn't tell ya which one really)

Then Alterazgoug's theme is the Doom Dragon theme from Golden Sun the lost Age.

Rust
Jul 10, 2009, 03:58 PM
Since I can't play to PSU with external music those times, this event theme is really getting old, so I temporarily replaced "Alfort Tylor" with "50% Alive'n'Dead" by SOUND HOLIC.
Not that it's particularly matching either, but I've been hooked on this song lately, and guitar trance still pumps me up for killing stuff more than the theme they chosed does.

I'll change it back when the event ends, because I use Alfort Tylor as my beast's room main theme and the replacement definitely won't feel right in there.

TrekkiesUnite
Jul 12, 2009, 09:28 PM
I have created a new pack. It can be found here:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=256793

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 12, 2009, 09:40 PM
Currently in the process of finishing up the playlist for my pack. I've actually given this whole deal a name. I call it "Project: Soundocalypse". I am however unsure wether or not to put the song "Gun's and Roses" by Paradise Lunch for the main theme. But seeing as a good portion of the music on the playlist is jazz I thought it would be fitting. Besides its a very catchy tune! Now to find the programs to turn MP3 files into DATA files and...this is very crucial to the finished project, the MP3s for the music. I guess if I can't find it I can always rip it from youtube because I believe there are programs to turn the video into a MP3 format.

Arika
Jul 18, 2009, 05:13 AM
I know there aren't many people here who play on the Jp server, but here is the Ice event patch. (the song "ice contamination" is long missed, but hearing it loop every 1 min is too suck)

Music name : Absolute Zero
link: same as always
rearrange from any music that make you feel cold

*feel like freezing!*