PDA

View Full Version : One thing You'd Like to see in PSU from Pso...

MUDGRIP
Sep 29, 2008, 12:42 PM
Im going to have to assume that most of us here who still browse this pso section of the forum enjoy playing or enjoyed playing pso at some point in time. Which leads me to my question...If you could choose any aspect of pso and incorporate it into psu what would it be?

I know for me personally I would like to see the uniqueness of pso put into psu. What I mean by that is when I'm talkin about psu being a little to generic with its equipment.
FOR EXAMPLE: Lets say your a fortegunner in PSU...right now there are 3 srank rifles available on the server...so when you join a game and somebody see's your character they can automatically identify your equipment and to me thats a problem. I liked to be unique in pso and never wanted to be idnetical to another player...and for me it started with the equipment. Each weapon type in pso had at least 15-20 deifferent rare versions of that weapon with its own graphical uniqeness.

thats just me...drop me a line and tell me what you'd like to see in psu from pso.

TheOneHero
Sep 29, 2008, 12:48 PM
I hear you on the unique equipment. I remember joining a game once using a Kaladbolg and everyone was like, "What's that!?" >_>;

There's so many things I'd like to see from PSO used in PSU, picking one is a toughy. Though I'd have to go with casting with any weapon and being able to melee with a rod.

AlexCraig
Sep 29, 2008, 02:46 PM
I wasn't much for anything in PSU. That's kinda why I stuck with PSO.

Ithildin
Sep 29, 2008, 02:48 PM
Good question. And I agree with you both. However, I would like to see more weapons arrive for PSU, but they would have to be decent weps. I mean I only ever used Frozen Sh00ter and Spread Needle on my RAmar, along with a decent vulcan. Those were the only weps any ranger type seemed to use, mainly because they were arguably the best.

The thing I would like to see the most from PSO is the difficulty. By that I mean two things really: One, How many players in psu do you see at level 140 atm? That's the level cap for whoever doesn't know. There are hundreds of players maxed out. In all my hours of PSO playing I never managed to cap at 200. OK, I corrupted twice but it was MUCH harder to cap. Secondly I would like to see some missions like PW4. Now that was a difficult mission. You really had to play as a team to complete that one!

I'm gonna leave it at that for the mo. It will be interesting to hear others views.

Jaspaller
Sep 29, 2008, 05:59 PM
Lots of things...

Ayures
Sep 29, 2008, 06:06 PM
One that sticks out would have to be MAG's instead of PM's. Having something that follows you around and fights (when it's not stuck running into a wall or just standing there doing nothing) is ok, but I miss my little floating companion who actually gave me stat increases.
...And don't mention madoogs/shadoogs. It's just not the same. D:

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 30, 2008, 01:26 AM
If I had to pick one thing: Ryuker.

Seriously though, I think they threw in too much PSO already. I thought PSU was supposed to be a different game, not PSO2.

TheOneHero
Sep 30, 2008, 01:39 AM
If it was PSO2, it would imply it was good. =/

raikomaru40
Sep 30, 2008, 06:22 AM
After seeing the stuff for PSZ(0)(Zero?)0, [use a Z or a 0?] , I'm wondering, does it not have character customization? That would be a d0wner....

Ithildin
Sep 30, 2008, 08:02 AM
Ah! Some great ones! I totally forgot about Pipes/Ryuker! And MAGs too! Dummy! ¬_¬

And I totally agree with you ForceOfBrokenGlass, PSU and PSO are both different games, but I still think there are a few things PSU can learn from its older brother.

MUDGRIP
Sep 30, 2008, 11:27 AM
Lots of things...

try to narrow it down to one thing you would like to see jaspaller. thank you.

Vanzazikon
Sep 30, 2008, 11:34 AM
Well, let's see... Probably Section IDs for character uniqueness. Therefore to get the items, materials, weapons, armor, etc, you would need to create more characters with different Section ID to get the weapon combination you want.

TheOneHero
Sep 30, 2008, 12:03 PM
Well, let's see... Probably Section IDs for character uniqueness. Therefore to get the items, materials, weapons, armor, etc, you would need to create more characters with different Section ID to get the weapon combination you want.

That would be great, we'd need more character slots though. =/

But even if we still had just the four, it'd really bring players closer I think; example: You want a particular item, but none of your IDs find it, call up a buddy or search for a different player that would be able to help.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 30, 2008, 02:21 PM
Ah! Some great ones! I totally forgot about Pipes/Ryuker! And MAGs too! Dummy! ¬_¬

And I totally agree with you ForceOfBrokenGlass, PSU and PSO are both different games, but I still think there are a few things PSU can learn from its older brother.

That's all well and good. I just wish the expansion wasn't "lets just throw in monsters, areas, and items from PSO." I don't think they were trying very hard.

AlexCraig
Sep 30, 2008, 02:33 PM
No, they clearly weren't. I think what ST thought was "they want PSO stuff, let's give them PSO stuff". What they neglected to see was what people wanted. Not just weapons and areas and monsters, but themes, plots, creativity, and challenge.

TheOneHero
Sep 30, 2008, 03:37 PM
Only PSO Monsters I saw:

Delsaber
Grass Assassin
Rappy
Booma Family

Where the crap is my Nano Dragon, Dark Bringer, Sinow Red, and all EpII enemies?

Even the PSO areas in PSU are kinda lame. =/

Jaspaller
Sep 30, 2008, 03:43 PM
try to narrow it down to one thing you would like to see jaspaller. thank you.
Can't exactly narrow it down to one :/

Freeze
Sep 30, 2008, 04:56 PM
I miss the unique special weapons and the Mags and the ability to go some where and just explore instead of having to clear every monster out to complete the mission. PSU lacks the freedom PSO gave us.

NegaTsukasa
Sep 30, 2008, 08:31 PM
ah yes. I want everything back. But I will choose one or two that really did get to me that I want to see again...
Attacking with Rods and symbol Chats. I have to be honest. not seeing those features on PSU kinda bugs me when I play sometimes.

and just as a extra add on, The ultimate and pure uniqueness of the weapons and items like PSO had.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 30, 2008, 09:16 PM
I guess this means the question should be:

One thing you'd like to see in PSO2 from PSU?

TheOneHero
Sep 30, 2008, 11:14 PM
Strafing.

Oh, and I suppose being able to turn in mid-attack.

Ithildin
Oct 1, 2008, 10:41 AM
I would have also like to have seen the return of section IDs for PSU. I liked the fact I had to make another character of a different ID to hunt for something new. I only really use two different chars in psu. I played with about five or so characters in pso.

I guess this means the question should be:

One thing you'd like to see in PSO2 from PSU?

OK if you mean PSO all versions from PSU there are quite a few things I would like to see:

( I'm just going to mention a few. I don't want this to turn into yet another psu vs pso war. They are two different games).

As someone mentioned b4, strafing is very useful.

Party chat is also useful. By that I mean chat for the team you are currently in only.

Booting. To my knowledge booting someone for being a tit is not possible in PSOBB. THis sometimes has to be done.

Lobbies. There are loads of more interesting lobbies in PSU. PSO only has two really, with different versions of the two.

Missions. There are quite a few more missions in PSU, but I am kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one.

thematesV2
Oct 3, 2008, 12:28 PM
from PSO to PSU: other ways of playing besides grinding missions. I want to see a PVP mode and a Challenge mode. even if they are not balanced..

From PSU to PSO: levels that are not sooo grid based. PSO levels were fun, but I really got tired of how basic and room based they were. it was pretty much clear this room, then go to the next room. some of PSU's level are like this, but many of them now have much more complex layouts / setups.

From PS:P to PSU weapon count and weapon checklist achievments. pure and simple. PS:P has awesome weapons that hopefully will be in PSU someday (it's so sad that it has to be that way...) and you are rewarded by collecting everything.

RAmar Lv.200
Oct 5, 2008, 01:16 PM
Mags Of Course.....

TheOneHero
Oct 5, 2008, 01:21 PM
I'd like to add PSO's way of grinding weapons, though with grinders just a little less rare.

PSU seems to have a "I HATE YOU!" kind-of thing.

"There is no chance of failure."

*tense music*

"LOL JK IT BROKE!"

Wolf Shadow
Oct 9, 2008, 04:44 PM
I suggest they just dump PSU already, and finally realize how much of a failure it is. Either remake PSO completely, or make PSO episode 5. We had PSO ep1,2,3 and 4 why not make 5?

AlexCraig
Oct 9, 2008, 05:33 PM
Let's not start anything.

For starters, they are already moving off of PSU and onto PS0 and PSP. Secondly, PSO is in the past for Sega. They may use elements from it in later PS titles, but they won't make PSO5 or a new PSO.

Wolf Shadow
Oct 9, 2008, 10:09 PM
Let's not start anything.

For starters, they are already moving off of PSU and onto PS0 and PSP. Secondly, PSO is in the past for Sega. They may use elements from it in later PS titles, but they won't make PSO5 or a new PSO.
I think you just started something :no:
And I already know about ps0 and psp, but they're just portable games. They're probably not even online. We need more big console games. All we have is psu for the ps2, pc, and 360, and PSU is bad compared to PSO... I mean really bad.

TheOneHero
Oct 10, 2008, 12:25 AM
PS0 is confirmed to be online. :p

Nitro Vordex
Oct 10, 2008, 12:32 AM
Fun .

TheOneHero
Oct 10, 2008, 12:39 AM
Fun .

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

Ayures
Oct 10, 2008, 01:09 AM
Other players.

Wolf Shadow
Oct 10, 2008, 06:37 PM
PS0 is confirmed to be online. :p
That's great but it's still a portable game, and it doesn't have the capabilities of a big console game.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 10, 2008, 10:36 PM
That's great but it's still a portable game, and it doesn't have the capabilities of a big console game.
It's not meant to, hurr.

NegaTsukasa
Oct 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
It's great and all we honestly want PSO back. But look at the positives to this. Sure they won't make another PSO like they did befor. And that's ok. This means the PSO we know and love will become a classic. And thats a big title that the other PS's do not have right now.
Big and hard to get title for any game really. But PSO is A Sega Classic no doubt.

Things progress. And we have to deal with it. It would be great to see something new for sure. And Sega is doing just that. Its just in another and more evolved way with these upcoming newer titles.

furrypaws
Oct 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
Nothing. We already have enough PSO content, let's see some PSU content.

If you mean concepts, then a little more weapon variety will be nice. I don't know why everyone clamors for it though; in the end, we'll all be seeing pretty much the same variety we see now, considering most simply vouch for best performance (remember the hit charge vulcans, anyone?).

Nitro Vordex
Oct 11, 2008, 12:57 PM
I can only imagine how many more of these threads will be made by newbies.

furrypaws
Oct 11, 2008, 02:44 PM
...OVER NINE THOOOOU-*gets shot*

jmanx
Oct 11, 2008, 08:32 PM
Lets see I would like to see

PSU is more of a downgrade to me :/

Mags, why not have both Mags and PMs and PB and SUVs(makes more variety)

PSO has better weapons, psu can use more novelties and things that don't have a lazor in it :/

Comboing... Not a really a big deal but I like how pso didn't allow you to keep tapping.

Battle Mode - Is fun on gc and it seems it be much funner on PSU

Dark Falz thats not a De Rol Le

Unlimited Ammo - just trying to make us vet ramars angry D:<

Mags makes pso original and the comboing. PSU would be much better if things wasn't removed, just added. Is it wrong to have a mag and a pm.

Ithildin
Oct 12, 2008, 05:50 AM
Lets see I would like to see

Comboing... Not a really a big deal but I like how pso didn't allow you to keep tapping

God yeah. I agree with that one. I swear I'm suffering from RSI due to PSU. :S

Wolf Shadow
Oct 12, 2008, 05:29 PM
It's great and all we honestly want PSO back. But look at the positives to this. Sure they won't make another PSO like they did befor. And that's ok. This means the PSO we know and love will become a classic. And thats a big title that the other PS's do not have right now.
Big and hard to get title for any game really. But PSO is A Sega Classic no doubt.

Things progress. And we have to deal with it. It would be great to see something new for sure. And Sega is doing just that. Its just in another and more evolved way with these upcoming newer titles.

I don't really see anything progressing, PSU just seems like a different game all together. If the words Phantasy Star weren't in the title I wouldn't even be sure if it was a Phantasy star game. PSU has the same concept of PSO: Go into a room hack and slash, pick up drops and go to the next room. Other than that nothing at all is the same. Sega was heading in the right direction with episode 2. You could tell they decided to use the gamecube/ xbox's capabilities to make the scenery/ monsters/ graphics more advanced than episode 1. Imagine if they used the Xbox 360/PS3's capabilities to make episode 5. We could follow the same story as the previous 2. The whole pioneer 1/2 mystery. New monsters and new settings on ragol with next gen graphics and AI. PSU is a port from a ps2 game. That's not really next gen. PSU to me is just a bunch of anime looking characters wearing cliche futuristic clothing going around killing random monsters for no purpose whatsoever. In PSO you work for the friggin government, and take jobs from the Hunters guild. Not to mention the clothing can range from something military looking(RAmarl) to robes (Fomar/Fomarl) to just plain cool(RAmar, HUmar, HUnewearl). I'm surprised at how long this post is, but my point is BRING BACK PSO. I don't want it to stay as a classic, I and a lot of other fans want it to be continued or re made. This isn't a movie this is a game, there's nothing wrong with remaking it. Resident evil 1 is a classic, but did they forget about it and make a completely new game using the same aspects of it? No they continued the series and made several sequels for it. They even remade the first game. /end rant

_tsunami
Oct 13, 2008, 10:47 AM
aha i spy a Ithildin

look just simply play PSO (like your doing it now anyway) lol PSU is PSU its a step forward from PSO with many enhancements. More optimizable battle camera, they installed a indepth amount of skills and technics it actually mean something now for forces compared to PSO. set random is something against those looters in pso. And yeh you don't work for the hunters guild.. um just because its PSU and a completly different world. You work for the Guardians! oh wow~~. No matter how much you baw sega can't make it pso cause its psu. Yuka naja left so pso is dead nothing they can do about it. You can complain about the top ten things about psu but on top of that 20 things from psu is a vast improvement over pso. Before people actually loved a battle field mag you know the ones in psu actually Do something in the field abit more involved not just float around until its PB time. But people change quickly and are never satisfied you change one thing for them they complain for the opposite. I loved pso but i can see yous are defeating yourself with so much negativity. I admire how sentimental yous are to this game but if anything didn't yous all abandone it during the final year of PSO online there was practically no one left like practically 0 on the US and EU servers.

Yeh i know there are reasons you can bring up to defend yourself. FSOD , hackers and no updates or content from sega etc. Well now data is saved server side so FSOD don't exist and sega deals with hackers quickly now theres hardly any trace of cheats online compared to pso. And yes altho our updates are delayed compared to JP its 10 times better then what sega updated for pso.

also ith ever heard of 'just attack' oh wait it works just like the timing button mash in pso doh. *rolls eyes*
Look I was there with you in pso hell my subscription never ended until the last last day of the online servers. never saw any loyal fans speak as pasonate as this back then. cya online lol

Wolf Shadow
Oct 13, 2008, 11:43 AM
I never played PSO online. I never played on private server or on a sega server. I've been playing offline since 2004. However I have played PSU online for a few months on my Xbox 360, and I ended up hating it so I stopped playing it. As simple as that, you can add as many features to a game as you like but that doesn't make it better. PSU just seems like a less famous anime version of WOW. PSO goes in my all time list of best RPGs. This isn't just my opinion, a lot of people think the same. Hacker's wouldn't be a problem in a newer version of PSO. When I stop playing PSO I guess I'll have to dump the Phantasy star genre. I can't play PSO forever. What am I gonna do when I lvl all my characters to 200? I can't hope for anything just a lame sequel that has nothing to do with the other games. Oh and by the way what's an Ithildin?

Ayures
Oct 13, 2008, 12:44 PM
If PSU is such a huge step forward from PSO and so great, etc. then why does everybody love PSO while PSU doesn't get near as good reviews and a much smaller fanbase?
Hell, you can pick a random PSO private server today and it'll have more people online than the official PC/PS2 PSU server.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 13, 2008, 01:02 PM
I wish people wouldn't keep making topics like this. :nono:

jmanx
Oct 14, 2008, 12:44 AM
Now PSZ looks like a true squel. And Wolf Shadow is right it is more like a different game DX.

RAmar Lv.200
Oct 19, 2008, 02:23 PM
PSU < PSO Damn I Hate Math Problems!!! But Thats True

radical_ryan
Oct 19, 2008, 03:26 PM
all of it soz try psu lv 80 hatted most of it :(

Lance813
Oct 19, 2008, 03:32 PM
what?

Ithildin
Oct 21, 2008, 12:03 PM
aha i spy a Ithildin

look just simply play PSO (like your doing it now anyway) lol PSU is PSU its a step forward from PSO with many enhancements. More optimizable battle camera, they installed a indepth amount of skills and technics it actually mean something now for forces compared to PSO. set random is something against those looters in pso. And yeh you don't work for the hunters guild.. um just because its PSU and a completly different world. You work for the Guardians! oh wow~~. No matter how much you baw sega can't make it pso cause its psu. Yuka naja left so pso is dead nothing they can do about it. You can complain about the top ten things about psu but on top of that 20 things from psu is a vast improvement over pso. Before people actually loved a battle field mag you know the ones in psu actually Do something in the field abit more involved not just float around until its PB time. But people change quickly and are never satisfied you change one thing for them they complain for the opposite. I loved pso but i can see yous are defeating yourself with so much negativity. I admire how sentimental yous are to this game but if anything didn't yous all abandone it during the final year of PSO online there was practically no one left like practically 0 on the US and EU servers.

Yeh i know there are reasons you can bring up to defend yourself. FSOD , hackers and no updates or content from sega etc. Well now data is saved server side so FSOD don't exist and sega deals with hackers quickly now theres hardly any trace of cheats online compared to pso. And yes altho our updates are delayed compared to JP its 10 times better then what sega updated for pso.

also ith ever heard of 'just attack' oh wait it works just like the timing button mash in pso doh. *rolls eyes*
Look I was there with you in pso hell my subscription never ended until the last last day of the online servers. never saw any loyal fans speak as pasonate as this back then. cya online lol

Jeez, you're so busy ranting and raving that I feel you miss the point of this thread entirely AND everything I've said. I like BOTH games, a hell of a lot. I think PSU can learn from PSO and visa versa. I think that's being covered here. What I will also say is that I have had far more enjoyment from going back to PSO then I ever seem to when I switch on PSU these days. Take from that what you will but thats honesty, nothing more, nothing less.

AlexCraig
Oct 21, 2008, 02:44 PM
aha i spy a Ithildin

One thing You'd Like to see in PSU from PSO...
No hate involved here, thank you much. Discussion please continue as you were.

Daylin
Oct 25, 2008, 07:26 PM
Im going to have to assume that most of us here who still browse this pso section of the forum enjoy playing or enjoyed playing pso at some point in time. Which leads me to my question...If you could choose any aspect of pso and incorporate it into psu what would it be?

I know for me personally I would like to see the uniqueness of pso put into psu. What I mean by that is when I'm talkin about psu being a little to generic with its equipment.
FOR EXAMPLE: Lets say your a fortegunner in PSU...right now there are 3 srank rifles available on the server...so when you join a game and somebody see's your character they can automatically identify your equipment and to me thats a problem. I liked to be unique in pso and never wanted to be idnetical to another player...and for me it started with the equipment. Each weapon type in pso had at least 15-20 deifferent rare versions of that weapon with its own graphical uniqeness.

thats just me...drop me a line and tell me what you'd like to see in psu from pso.
I miss my old friends on PSO..especially the one who made me a Spread Needle +99 lol...weapons on PSU sort of boring. Also miss the element of danger when you got NOL'ed, the BSOD in the telepipe and, yes, even miss the thieves who used to grab my meseta and weapons everytime I died...and I died a lot!! Oh well, guess the game is very legit now...but not as exciting lol.

EggandI
Nov 5, 2008, 02:29 PM
PSU from PSO: There are a ton of things, big and small, but item uniqueness is definitely one of them. PSU felt very stale, and I wasn't a fan of the art direction the game took.

PMs were stupid, I want my mags back.

Sazega
Nov 10, 2008, 12:31 AM
I'd love to see the Double Cannon, Dark Bridge and........ uhh... Varista? xD

zether2003
Nov 11, 2008, 07:40 AM
The one thing I didn't like about PSU when I played it was the Photon Points on ranged weapons.

It's just like: "Oh crap. My bow ran out of PP....now what do I do?"

furrypaws
Nov 11, 2008, 09:45 AM
I'd love to see the Double Cannon, Dark Bridge and........ uhh... Varista? xD

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/2072/varista/

^_^

ssl118
Nov 18, 2008, 02:59 PM
Challenge. Mode.