PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else switching types depending on Mission?

RufuSwho
Sep 29, 2008, 06:02 PM
I've leveled many of my favorite types up to 20 to see which type performs the best in different missions.

By best, i mean which playstyle i prefer vs. certain enemies.

aka: Kog Nadd are seriously weak to granade launchers

robots are easy to kill with machine guns (compared to melee attacks)

in the recent MAG runs, the SEED Carraguine (sp?) were very weak to spear attacks

Grinne beta are weak to Majarra (what isn't? oh yeah robots)

in the latest mission, Protransers really shine in the deadly Magashi room (Stun traps help)
as well as freee traps for the grinne beta

i think at this point most players have tried a few of the different types.

anyone else changing types by mission?

RAGNAGELPPOD
Sep 29, 2008, 06:24 PM
Of course. Switching is fun.

pikachief
Sep 29, 2008, 06:28 PM
I've leveled many of my favorite types up to 20 to see which type performs the best in different missions.

By best, i mean which playstyle i prefer vs. certain enemies.

aka: Kog Nadd are seriously weak to granade launchers

robots are easy to kill with machine guns (compared to melee attacks)

in the recent MAG runs, the SEED Carraguine (sp?) were very weak to spear attacks

Grinne beta are weak to Majarra (what isn't? oh yeah robots)

in the latest mission, Protransers really shine in the deadly Magashi room (Stun traps help)
as well as freee traps for the grinne beta

i think at this point most players have tried a few of the different types.

anyone else changing types by mission?

FG ftw? spears, mechguns, killer shot, grenade launchers virus and freeze trap G's.

lol WOOT

Miss Malevolent
Sep 29, 2008, 06:58 PM
I sometimes switch depending on the mission / the people I am playing with.

On my Newman Character I tend to go Fortetecher when playing in bigger parties, while I use acrotecher for soloing..

While on my cast I usually am protranser, but if I'm in a party with a few protransers or if I'm doing an especially easy mission I go fortegunner.

It's always good to switch around just to prevent boredom too ^.^

AlliThePally
Sep 29, 2008, 07:22 PM
I only switch when im bored of running with the same class for a while, other than that I dont really switch for different missions x)

Delete
Sep 29, 2008, 07:46 PM
I have one word broken into 3 ummmm.....syallables if thats how you spell that.
4 te GuNnEr FTW

Baldor
Sep 29, 2008, 08:02 PM
I almost always switch classes depending on what I am doing, but my 2 primary classes are Fighgunner and Protranser. It also helps keep me occupied when leveling.

mvffin
Sep 29, 2008, 08:14 PM
I usually switch characters depending on what i'm doing, as long as no one has 3* luck

DarkEliteRico
Sep 30, 2008, 06:31 AM
I don't switch my class i'll switch my character. Two are gunners, ones a fighter, and last is techer.

For the most part i refuse to use my techer but i'll use my main gunner and fighter for most things, even though i prefer gunning and supporting by applying SE's, stun locking mobs and doing overall nice damage

WhiteKnight01
Sep 30, 2008, 08:33 AM
either ft or ac depending on my mood, but on some missions like egg thieves i only use my ft for the damage and the suport isnt needed all that much there

EMPYREAN
Sep 30, 2008, 09:25 AM
nope. been FG since i started on my main late 06. but i did try PT during vinter event. kinda liked it but the loss of rifle became to big so i went back to FG be4 magv1.

sephiroth115
Sep 30, 2008, 10:53 AM
I have 3 different characters to hand the different roles. usually don't switch much, except for my FI I switch to a FF every so often. I have a newman At/ FT. Beast FF/AF/FI. And I have a Cast FG/PT

stukasa
Sep 30, 2008, 11:18 AM
I don't switch my class i'll switch my character.
Same. I have one techer, one gunner and one fighter. All 3 can play S2 missions so it's just a matter of which one I feel like playing for which mission. ^^

ashley50
Sep 30, 2008, 11:25 AM
I change Characters, not class