PDA

View Full Version : Huh...my luck with rares has gone up all of a sudden..

Annoy
Feb 1, 2003, 07:35 PM
Not that I'm arguing...but in the past 2 weeks I've found 2 rares...today I found 5 in 2 hours O.o 3 Cross Scars, a Guard Wave, and a Custom Frame V.00

Not that the Cross scars are any good but yeah O.o

Wonder if the game is starting to feel sorry for me... o.o

kidterru
Feb 1, 2003, 07:37 PM
lucky you, i haven't any good rares lately. i just keep on finding dragon slayers.

Annoy
Feb 1, 2003, 07:42 PM
Skyly? Anyway... you know it's bad when you can fill your inventory with Bloody Arts o.o

kidterru
Feb 1, 2003, 07:44 PM
yeah, my character's id is skyly.

Elixer
Feb 1, 2003, 09:56 PM
cool

im purplenum i find L&K mechs which i like hopeing ill find one soon with 40+ hit%

Kanore
Feb 1, 2003, 10:02 PM
Yeah i'm a Purplenum too.. Being buried in Silence Claws and L&K14s.

Link311
Feb 1, 2003, 11:29 PM
For some reason I dident find jack on DC versions, but on GC ive found some good stuff.

Klila
Feb 1, 2003, 11:32 PM
*coughs then gawks* Two rares in two weeks... Am I just really odd????? One run into the Forest offline... VH or Ultimate.. And I always walk away with at least three red boxes. Now I'm not saying it's always good stuff, but since I started mag farming, I've gotten four weapons I'd never gotten before. And most people think Bluefull bites.

Eumcoz
Feb 1, 2003, 11:35 PM
i always tend to find rares/enemy parts, when searching for a hildblue head i ended up finding 5x hildbear head, elysion, rappy wing, and finnally hildablue head http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. also just when lvling i ussaly end up finding stuff like blade dance/varista. i don't see why so many ppl make so many topics about not finding anything.

PS. this was all with oran offline

Muku6
Feb 1, 2003, 11:54 PM
Not everyone must have as good luck as you Eu. I know I'm far from good luck. I hope for one red box per run, but I'm lucky if I find any at all. I can't actually recall the last time I found a red box offline. :/ Unless I play with someone, and under their ID, I get jack zippo... or if I play online and my ID it's Varistas, Diskas, and PDs. :/

Ghaleon
Feb 2, 2003, 12:18 AM
i found 7 dragon slayers in 2 forest runs today....im so sick of fuckin dragon slayers

Tryce
Feb 2, 2003, 12:13 PM
oddly, I have horrible luck in caves, in cave runs, I look for chainsawd and red swords (should be easy assuming they come from THE most common enemies right?) both 10 stars a piece, through like 15+ runs, I've found nothing. Even more strangely a Migium (much more rare) dropped a Yamato, another 10 star wep. In other areas I have decent luck with items, just caves, maybe Caves hates me.

Taaj38
Feb 2, 2003, 12:58 PM
On 2003-02-02 09:13, Tryce wrote:
oddly, I have horrible luck in caves, in cave runs, I look for chainsawd and red swords (should be easy assuming they come from THE most common enemies right?) both 10 stars a piece, through like 15+ runs, I've found nothing. Even more strangely a Migium (much more rare) dropped a Yamato, another 10 star wep. In other areas I have decent luck with items, just caves, maybe Caves hates me.

LOL, common enemies have nothing to do with it trust me.

I've gone from level 67 to 141 in Ultimate forest, I'd say killing a few thousand Bartles....Red Handguns? NONE! Red Sabres from a million Barbles? One!

On the other hand I've gottan a few Luminious Fields from Hilde's. You get the rares from enemies you expect least.

FO_Flowen
Feb 8, 2003, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I have found so many Clubs of Laconium, that it's not even funny. My section ID is Purplenum, and I'm a RAmarl, so it's not like I can use them either. Whenever I get a SPECIALWEAPON, I get so excited. I Ryuker back right away and talk to the tekker. I await anxiously for my rare weapon, then I'm put down so hard, that I want to throw my Gamecube out the window because I got another Club of Laconium. Does anyone else have this problem?

SSDDR
Feb 8, 2003, 09:22 PM
I love my id! ive recently got a combat with 35% hit, and found a spread needle in the ult ruins last night. though i must admit havinf found like 15 justices does suck, all ids have one crappy item they cant seem to shake.

Muku6
Feb 8, 2003, 09:33 PM
I find lots of Club of Laconiums as a Redria (as well as a lot of other useless rares) and even though I can use them they are pretty pointless to me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I feel your pain.

RavenTW
Feb 8, 2003, 09:49 PM
I went on an online Ruins run in Vhard. There was a rare per area. First a Vjaya and a Delsaber's Right arm in Ruins 2, then a Force weapon and Photon Drop in Ruins 3. Best run I ever had.

*realizes he sucks at rare hunting, but doesn't care either way*

Maelkith
Feb 8, 2003, 10:22 PM
when i just want to level up, i get rares. when i am looking for rares i get levels. there must be a mood ring type device in the gamecube that always knows what you want and makes sure to screw you. my bluful ramar found a imperial pick and holy ray on the second run through ultimate forest. the game gave me two really good rares, both of which my ramar cant use. the holy ray is equipable but ramars have better choices that are available to him sooner. if i didnt have a hucast and fomar i think i would be angry. why is it that the really good stuff i seem to find isnt equipable? the very first rare i found with my hucast was cure paralysis. another thing that happens is finding lower quality stuff than what i have equipped. destroy boxes with a red saber and watch kaladbolgs and durandals fill the bank. if you really want a chainsawd, borrow a red sword from a friend.

Remnant
Feb 9, 2003, 01:54 AM
Forest monsters for me, Pinkal, are very stingy. Monsters don't drop a thing. After playing HS a few times and not sure how many times I've played forest offline as well as offline forest quests I've only found a Red Saber, which was pretty good. But that's all I've found, and even if the enemy is "common" it seems that that makes it all the more rare...C'mon I've heard that Pinkal gets God/Ability from Gulgus-Gue on Ultimate SPaceship, easy right?! not really =(

klepto
Feb 9, 2003, 08:25 PM
I have to agree with the PURPLENUM statement, though I am only at level 40, 4 of my 6 rares have been Clubs of Lanconium, plus I can't use em cuz im a HUmar. I've just started throwing them away because I don't play online, and all my forces have one. Plus they only seel for 10 meseta. (Shows how worthless they are.)

Annoy
Feb 9, 2003, 10:59 PM
Plus they only seel for 10 meseta. (Shows how worthless they are.)

All rares sell for ten meseta...

Anyway...did an offline Ult Ruins run lat night...got a Psycho Wand of a Dark Bringer...or whatever they're called in Ultimate (now that I think about it...I think I sent the information in wrong on the item database, Whoops! Sorry..). Then I got some other good stuff too... Flaming Q-Tip of doom...and that good stuff... now my Foneweral runs around smackin the poo outta the enemies with a pokey psycho stick o.o

Oh...and uh...almost forgot...got a God/Technique too o.o

Edit: Smacking...not smaking... remember that kids http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Annoy on 2003-02-09 20:00 ]</font>

dropslash
Feb 11, 2003, 06:17 AM
i only play offline (so far), greennil, and i could arm a small country with all the Varistas i've found. as a HUcaseal it doesn't help that i keep finding things like Clubs of Laconuim, Wals MK 2's, Talis, and Elysions. And tons of Amplifiers.

the most common item i've found, by far, is photon drops. in 130 hours i've scored 68 of 'em, all the same charater. maybe one day i'll get online and put them to use.

liquidshinefreak
Feb 11, 2003, 03:18 PM
hmmm.... with my greenill RAmar i also have found many rares in the last week.About 8. 3 blade dances, 2 varistas,2 musashi, and a inferno bazooka. And i ain't complaining. note: this was my first week out of normal. but thats all of my offline finds so far.

DemiPlat
Feb 11, 2003, 04:02 PM
Last night was my best night for rares in LONG time.

I played through Caves Ultimate twice. I would have only played once, but I forgot to visit the principal before I quit & saved (D'oh!) so I did it again to make sure I had mines open for online. Thank the Deity I did, since on the second run...

I found:
* Photon Drop
* Dragonslayer (with 55% A.Beast, 20% Native, 25% Hit)
* Chainsawd (no stat bonuses unfortunately)
* A Sange! Which I was able to tek up to 25% A.Beast. I came courtesy of my first Mil Lilly (the bluish/white rare lilly).

Great night for me. Only a tad over three hours and four red boxes, including my first Chainsawd and my first Sange. I like the Sange a lot. It's fast, quiet, has good ATP, good ATA, and quick recovery time. It's my best find in eons!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RellikTakahashi
Feb 11, 2003, 04:30 PM
Photon drops sell for 1000 a piece and the rare weps like Hell Vulcan .. etc sell for their intial price. lmao i havent gotten any good rares in so long. its no longer fun to play