PDA

View Full Version : Nyko Memory Card Warning

Seph5172
Feb 1, 2003, 08:12 PM
I'm sure most of you already know this, but Nyko memory cards corrupt characters a lot more.

I've noticed 5-6 people that have been corrupted by them, and also my own friend.

Just a friendly warning for those of you that may have a nyko card, or are thinking about buying one.

CajunSamurai
Feb 2, 2003, 06:19 AM
Ugh, Nyko has had a bad reputation for years, really... I owned one of their PSX memory cards for about an hour... saved a game, turned it off, went back a few minutes later to start again, and found out that the save was gone. That sucker went BACK. o_O
Really, 1st party is the best way to go, for the most part... Although I do own a 94x PSX card (not Nyko, of course) that's served me quite well.
For important stuff such as PSO though? It's 1st party or nothin'.

DJ_Monkey
Feb 2, 2003, 08:08 AM
My experiences say that you should never buy memory cards from any company but the system maker itself. The few dollars saved is not worth the anguish you recieve when you discover your save is nuked(happened to me on the N64, I lost my Rogue Squadron save...was very far in it, too).

Sick-One
Feb 2, 2003, 09:33 AM
lol, I learned my lesson here firsthand.. my nyko 8x corrupted on me the FIRST time I went online. I ran into a friend from DC in the first lobby I went into, got his card.. he even gave me some 9 stars to start with too. The second I left the bank BAM disconnected and corrupted http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Lost his card and the cool stuffs he had given me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif oh well.. we all learn our lessons right? Don't buy cheap third party memory cards x_x

Blenjar
Feb 2, 2003, 09:41 AM
Who's cheap enought to get fake *$$ memory cards.

Sedyne
Feb 2, 2003, 11:59 AM
On 2003-02-02 05:08, DJ_Monkey wrote:
My experiences say that you should never buy memory cards from any company but the system maker itself. The few dollars saved is not worth the anguish you recieve when you discover your save is nuked(happened to me on the N64, I lost my Rogue Squadron save...was very far in it, too).

Amen to that. btw the old Matcatz controller for PSone, it would fuck up the controller ports. I didn't figure this out uintil i returned my 6th PSone to toys r us and came home plugged in that piece of crap controller and isntatnlty it broke the psone contrller ports, i tried every Sony controller i had after it and nothnig worked. got another psone and well only used ps sony controller brands and it worked fine enver fucked up again. threw away the other contrlller and woohoo screwed toys r us out of 7 ps's

Annoy
Feb 2, 2003, 12:25 PM
Ugh, Nyko has had a bad reputation for years, really... I owned one of their PSX memory cards for about an hour... saved a game, turned it off, went back a few minutes later to start again, and found out that the save was gone. That sucker went BACK. o_O

I had one too... transferred all my Final Fantasy data to it (7, 8, 9)... a while later I desided I wanted to beat 9 again...guess what...all gone X_x And rather than taking it back, I decided to play baseball... or should I say Basememorycard?
*Rim Shot* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Cloud_01
Feb 2, 2003, 01:13 PM
Yup, I only buy first party memory cards. They are the most reliable. I have had to many corruptions on 2nd party memory cards so I don't buy them anymore.

Why do you think second party memory cards are always less expensive than first party memory cards. It's because they're cheaper.