PDA

View Full Version : Zero Trailer Released

Evila
Oct 1, 2008, 09:36 AM
Nice, but I hope there'll be someone to upload some decent scans soon. Pictures made with a digital cam aren't good enough.

Yeah, definitely. Will keep my eyes out for better pics.

Also, I can't believe I missed this! Someone from Neogaf uploaded some game footage. I guess the Famitsu issue came with a DVD.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21760

Sord
Oct 1, 2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah, definitely. Will keep my eyes out for better pics.

Also, I can't believe I missed this! Someone from Neogaf uploaded some game footage. I guess the Famitsu issue came with a DVD.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21760

after seeing that, I'll definitely be getting this game (that'll make my second DS game in 3-4 years :wacko:)

ShadowDragon28
Oct 1, 2008, 11:23 AM
Character customization, Mags, and Photon Arts FTW.
I LOVE the new solid-state Weapons (a nice break from the "Photon tech" weapons of PSU.) I'm really liking the new designs of the great swords, those are really nice.

That is an awesome trailer. What's sweet about this is it looks like the game combines the best aspects of PSO and PSU with some of the aesthetics and the "vibe" of the LUNAR rpgs
(I loved the Lunar rpgs) which IMO is all good and very kick-ass.
This could of been called "Phantasy Lunar" I would still get it. It's definately like a nice merging of those, but done fairly fluidly. Sort of like Resses peanut-butter cups. :)

It will be interesting how the story explains how Newmans/Numans "came from" or where "born on" the main world's moon... Hmmm. I predict a dimensional rift, and possibly a Dr Oslo/Bio Tech lab kind of thing went down in the backstory...

Graphically and content-wise it looks like the development team are really pushing the DS hardware to it's max. Only a few games have done this, so far this is looking very nice and fun to play.

This game makes previous attempts at a dugeon-crawler/action rpg with co-op play look like crap (I'm looking at you Dungeon Explorer >:| )

Frog
Oct 1, 2008, 12:21 PM
The video-footage shows custom character creator and it is as smooth as PSO.

SOLD!!!

Adriano
Oct 1, 2008, 12:38 PM
DAMN! CANT WAIT!

Aumi
Oct 1, 2008, 12:52 PM
Awesomeness!!! Dodge moves at last! Anime style sequences! Awesome gameplay! I'm SO buying this!!!

EDIT: Bring dodge moves to PSU already!!!

GutsGO
Oct 1, 2008, 12:52 PM
This game, has exceeded all my expectations. SEGA is really using the DS to its fullest (and even moreso, I had no idea teh DS could produce such fluid, amazing and expansive visuals with barely a stutter). This is the combination of two of my favorite games, unreal...

Can it be December already?!

Kent
Oct 1, 2008, 01:26 PM
I think it's funny how many games have "used the DS to its fullest." I remember back when NTI said that about Metroid Prime: Hunters.

TheOneHero
Oct 1, 2008, 01:50 PM
I'm sold. :3

Regarding story mode, I'm assuming it's "You have your own online character and an offline one." Like in PSU? =/

Dragwind
Oct 1, 2008, 02:03 PM
New trailer!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40655.html

Toadthroat
Oct 1, 2008, 02:11 PM
Hype meter just went up.
Before I was only mildly interested in this game. But with the new trailer and watching the action sequences, I just went from mild interest to excitement.

ChronoTrigga
Oct 1, 2008, 02:22 PM
http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13227_phantasy-star-0-first-video.html

Stolen from official forums.

Lance813
Oct 1, 2008, 02:25 PM
O Mai..

CelestialBlade
Oct 1, 2008, 02:26 PM
The really cutesy look is going to put a lot of people off, but this will definitely appeal to a great range of people. Games with looks like these tend to do very well in Japan.

I will say that the battle system is looking like the best one in the Phantasy Star franchise, hands down. It's really fluid and it looks like the user has a great deal of input in the system. It reminds me of Tales of the Abyss. Just looks so fun ^^

Nice to see a little more on the game to speculate on rather than just magazine scans.

Yunfa
Oct 1, 2008, 02:29 PM
NUuuuuuuuuuu DS's choppy graphics, huuuuuurrrrrrr. (I was not impressed with Disgaea for the DS, althought the PSP was excellent.)

Maybe this game will target a younger audiance as originally intended, but for me it's just not my cup of tea. I only enjoy one game for my DS and that's pokemon, every other game i bought such as Shonen Jump Super Stars or Harvest Moon Rune Factory, bllleeeh.

ChronoTrigga
Oct 1, 2008, 02:30 PM
Dodge roll anyone? It seems like the game is going to play like PSU. Seeing as how there are what look to be photon arts. Looks like a floating tornado break.

Lance813
Oct 1, 2008, 02:31 PM
Thats what i was thinking

WhiteKnight01
Oct 1, 2008, 02:35 PM
huray a vid i can watch at work :), il get it if it comes out over here

Akaimizu
Oct 1, 2008, 02:35 PM
I, for one, definitely saw the cutesy stuff coming. I do think this might have a little lesser appeal in the west, but be par for the count in the East. It won't stop me from playing at all, but I do absolutely prefer my Phantasy Star characters to be obvious adult or (treading the adult) age. Still, I'm already playing PSP, and that was a great way to create a good version of PSU that's immortalized (servers or not).

The differences will be what would keep me playing Zero. However, this time, I'm not sure I'll actually jump in and play it right when it releases. Part of it is because I have plenty of Phantasy Star, and other things, to tie me over until I decide to get it.

Astarin
Oct 1, 2008, 02:38 PM
It is kinda cutesy, but it actually looks pretty snazzy in motion. It's nowhere near as "cute" as say, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates. I'm impressed that it looks so fluid.

Character customization looks more like PSO than PSU, which is kind of understandable, given the hardware. The battle system looks a little more like PSU's, though. For example, we see the HUmar swinging a Sword in the classic, PSO/PSU fashion, but we also see him bouncing and spinning around with the same weapon, which makes it looks like a Photon Art/Skill system will be in place. I'd really like to see the Techniques/Technics/Magic system. A lot of DS games like this have magic that looks like butt.

I was reserving judgement on this game until I saw it in action. Now, colour me intrigued.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 1, 2008, 02:38 PM
Looking forward to it ^_^

Now all I need is a DS....

Deissa
Oct 1, 2008, 02:42 PM
That sure is a video of a game

Ryno
Oct 1, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'll still get this game, but mostly still play PSU.

Saphion
Oct 1, 2008, 02:48 PM
OH.

MY.

GOD.

My hype meter was huge before, but now it's completely gone through the ceiling and bought down a plane.

Aumi
Oct 1, 2008, 02:49 PM
OH.

MY.

GOD.

My hype meter was huge before, but now it's completely gone through the ceiling and bought down a plane.

Mine let a space station explode! I think I'm in love... <3 lol xD

Oh, and Dragwind... It's the same trailer, just another site. But still thanks, I like GT more anyway! xD

Saphion
Oct 1, 2008, 02:50 PM
I hope there's more to it than we see in the videos, though. All I can see so far is PSU enemy smashing - no hint of PSO's floor switches or anything like that.

deso123
Oct 1, 2008, 02:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G6ohJSxJ2s

lol

Saphion
Oct 1, 2008, 02:55 PM
My god, I just can't stop watching the new footage.

So good.

Seority
Oct 1, 2008, 03:23 PM
PS anime? >.>
And was I seeing the FOnewerl smaking things with her cane? o O
Looks cute to me <3

Darius_Drake
Oct 1, 2008, 03:23 PM
Looks very interesting indeed.

Akaimizu
Oct 1, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hmm. This game does bring about a dilemma. That is, the only place for talks of this seem to be in Off-topic at the moment. I do remember when they added Phantasy Star Portable as a forum so I guess I should post in the Suggestions forum that we have some sort of transitional forum for *New* Phantasy Star games so that actual Phantasy Star Talk doesn't get lost in the jumble of off-topic posts. That is, to not be seen by those interested in Phantasy Star Stuff, who normally don't bother to read the Off-topic forum.

Something like Phantasy Star Gaming (for other Phantasy Star Games not covered in another forum). I mean, yes, there is the off-chance that we wont have a large use for it. On the other hand, SEGA has been on a roll lately with new Phantasy Star releases.

Neith
Oct 1, 2008, 03:29 PM
I'm not a fan of the 'cutesy' art direction of this, and judging by the video it's nothing that'd make me buy a DS for it. I'd still like to see more videos, but the art direction really isn't something I like.

VanHalen
Oct 1, 2008, 03:35 PM
I don't see why people are complaining about the "cutesy" look of the game. It's not that bad plus the gameplay looks kick ass. Some of it reminds me alot of the old PS games which is really cool.

Saphion
Oct 1, 2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I don't know why it bothers people. If people are put off by cutesy graphics, then they have missed out on A LOT of quality gaming.

Foxix
Oct 1, 2008, 03:59 PM
OH, MY GOD.

This looks awesome

ChronoTrigga
Oct 1, 2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I don't know why it bothers people. If people are put off by cutesy graphics, then they have missed out on A LOT of quality gaming.

Quoted for undeniable truth. Namely to all those people who jumped on the FF7 bandwagon before trying 6. ;) Oh and Star Ocean 2 was the best in the series.

Aumi
Oct 1, 2008, 04:16 PM

So true, so true...

ChaosAngel92
Oct 1, 2008, 04:23 PM
Freeze it at 0:49

OH, MY GAWD!
Only one quote for that screen cap. "GUNS R US".
Wholy shit, I can't take it anymore I need to see more of this game. AAHH I need more ranger action in the trailer, hope it comes soon.

I only have 1 critic to it. The music sounds as cheesy as PSU is. Whats up with this "wanna-be" Uematsu around PS0? Bring back the cool electronic beats pl0x! No more wanna be Final Fantasy.

Aside from that, well I just have to change my pants.

Saphion
Oct 1, 2008, 04:32 PM
The gang over at NeoGAF have got some great screengrabs of the new character images.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13029856&postcount=218

Saphion
Oct 1, 2008, 04:36 PM
I can't keep track of this thread juggling!

Kylie
Oct 1, 2008, 05:45 PM
Aww, this is adorable. Can't wait. :3

*blows dust off of DS*

Gimph
Oct 1, 2008, 05:57 PM
This game looks fantastic. I can't wait. I've been playing version 2 for years and haven't had the chance to buy any newer ones. It'll be awesome to start over again with a new story and everything. The DS hasn't been too great for me, to be honest, but this game could change that. PSO FOREVER!! :D

Gunslinger-08
Oct 1, 2008, 06:12 PM
It really does look amazing. The trailer left me smiling, and now I know exactly what my part-time job is going to be paying for... ( yeah, I don't get many hours of work.)

ChaosAngel92
Oct 1, 2008, 06:33 PM
Every time I see this http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m158/Foxixian/PSZero/RAmarRAmarl.jpg
I got a huge smile on my face.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 1, 2008, 07:59 PM
I have to say, I am impressed with the video. Even for a beta, that game looks quite well done. I think that the developers are starting to understand the DS's hardware limitations and work around and even with them.

I gotta say, between this and Sonic Chronicles, I'm stoked.

Xaeris
Oct 1, 2008, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure how I feel. It certainly looks like a well designed game. But observing the motif, it feels more like Wild Arms than Phantasy Star.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Oct 1, 2008, 09:04 PM
Shit. Do want. I don't have a lot of time so I didn't read through this thread, but what "universe" is Zero set in? It's apparently different from Universe's, yet in the trailer there's all that stuff about Ethan and Co.?

Slowpoke edit: hurrrr, it's just a quick montage of the past PS's.

Foxix
Oct 1, 2008, 09:19 PM
The gang over at NeoGAF have got some great screengrabs of the new character images.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13029856&postcount=218

:3 Thanks for noticing, for a while there I thought no one even noticed my post!

Seriously the first time I saw the screens I thought "looks alright" but seeing it in motion makes it really hard to believe the DS can actually be pushed that far.

As for the art style, similar reaction... except at first I was borderline appalled... However again, seeing how its being handled on the system, is dang adorable and now I'm just sold XD

Omega_Weltall
Oct 1, 2008, 10:02 PM
the game looks awesome. FINALLY we have a dodge move... though the character designs are killing me( CASTS and the Newmans look cool though). children fighting 40ft dragons just dont do it for me. though i see in the cut scenes that the characters look ok... just not in gameplay

Zantra
Oct 1, 2008, 10:23 PM
It's a little too cute...

I like that mags are back (I assume it was a mag in the video), hopefully they are like mags, and not like partner machines... But, i'll have to wait and see.

It's an interesting blend of PSO and PSU.

I wonder what the character customization is going to be like, (I think the video showed a dressing room function for one of the offline characters) I hope it's a good mix of PSO and PSU also.

Para
Oct 1, 2008, 11:38 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/beastiary/caves/nanodragon.jpg
The new Dragon reminds me of the old Nano Dragons.

Zarode
Oct 2, 2008, 01:17 AM
New dragon gives me vibes towards Monster Hunter. Looks like Kut-Ku.

Aumi
Oct 2, 2008, 02:50 AM
Phantasy Star ZERO is in the video for Nintendo's recent press conference, although it's only short, since it's a pretty long line-up. There's also the new DS, which they seem to be planning to release 2009.

Here's the vid: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40712.html

Mixfortune
Oct 2, 2008, 03:01 AM
This is beginning to remind me of Shining Soul... which I guess could be slightly fitting (or ironic, depending on how you look at it) since Shining Soul was pretty much a handheld PSO in the Shining universe already.

I'm still a bit on the fence about this one. I do kind of like the 'draw your own chats' function, though.

deso123
Oct 2, 2008, 03:17 AM
Phantasy Star ZERO is in the video for Nintendo's recent press conference, although it's only short, since it's a pretty long line-up. There's also the new DS, which they seem to be planning to release 2009.

produced in 1998

Saphion
Oct 2, 2008, 03:38 AM

By all accounts, it is releasing in Japan on November 1st, 2008!

I don't know about America, but Europe is getting it Spring 2009. I would assume it is the same for the USA.

Quebe_Lae
Oct 2, 2008, 07:12 AM
Excited about dodging. Very.

Akaimizu
Oct 2, 2008, 07:18 AM
Pretty fun lineup, though nothing really unexpected. On the other hand, I have no idea, even after watching that, what possible new functionality the new DS model is supposed to have.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 2, 2008, 07:22 AM
This game looks absolutely STUNNING!

Aumi
Oct 2, 2008, 09:15 AM
By all accounts, it is releasing in Japan on November 1st, 2008!

I don't know about America, but Europe is getting it Spring 2009. I would assume it is the same for the USA.

Oh yeah, sorry! But I don't think there were any official mentions on EU and US releases yet nor is it sure if it will actually come to EU and US anyway, although I surely would count on it, for money's sake.

therealAERO
Oct 3, 2008, 03:08 PM
Nintendo has gone on record to say they would like to launch DSi in Europe Spring 2009 and sometime in 2009 for the Americas. The release mostly depends on how well the DS lite will continue to sell. Since the DS lite is slowing down in Japan, Nintendo decided to launch a preemptive strike in November with the release of the DSi.

rena-ko
Oct 3, 2008, 03:45 PM
snow level, sold~

VR-Raiden
Oct 3, 2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, now they just need a City-at-night themed stage and they'll have my 2 favorite stage themes that haven't appeard in PSO/PSU :D

EtherForce
Oct 4, 2008, 01:18 PM
lol it looks like you can't change the camera angle.

Niered
Oct 4, 2008, 01:34 PM
lol it looks like you can't change the camera angle.

You couldnt change the camera angle in PSO either.

.newzero
Oct 4, 2008, 02:36 PM
You couldnt change the camera angle in PSO either.

but it was possible in PSOBB

Kesubei
Oct 4, 2008, 02:51 PM
I think I'll have a lot of fun with the visual chat feature, though those players in the trailer are already enjoying themselves!

The graphics are much better in motion then they are in screenshots. I was completely turned off from the game before I saw the video.

Jian-Zero
Oct 9, 2008, 12:06 AM
I saw the trailer and it was impressive. With animated scenes done by GONZO. Maybe SEGA should get GONZO to extend it to a full anime series.

AweOfShe
Oct 9, 2008, 12:44 AM
Very impressed, so far. The best part is that this isn't PSO again. :P

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 9, 2008, 05:24 AM
I saw the trailer and it was impressive. With animated scenes done by GONZO. Maybe SEGA should get GONZO to extend it to a full anime series.

Yeah that or an OVA would be cool atleast!