PDA

View Full Version : AotI Best Line Shield?

kyanrato
Oct 1, 2008, 05:54 PM
What's the best line shield and where can I get it? The only shields I've seen were the Orpas. Are there any shields that are....better?

KunoTatewaki
Oct 1, 2008, 06:34 PM
I take it your playing offline still? Well Serafi-senba is pretty good

Tetsaru
Oct 1, 2008, 06:46 PM
Well, in online, there are plenty of others that are better; the easiest way to check would be to look in PSOW's item database (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/2/line_shields/) and compare them (note that we do NOT have the ones that are in italicized text).

As for which is best, it really depends on your class, race, and your own preferences, but here's what I'd use:

- melee classes: Serafi-Senba
- gunner classes: Storm Line, Castest Line, Rabol Lumirus
- techer classes: Rabol Orpad, Rabol Lefba, Yiel-Senba, Hizeri-Senba

The general rule of thumb is that melee classes usually want high DFP and low EVP, so that their photon arts are not interrupted when they take damage, while keeping that damage low (although %'s play a much larger role towards that). Gunners and techers will usually want more EVP, since they are often further away from enemies, and their attacks are easier to restart, as well as Just Counter.

Also, keep in mind things such as CASTs will want an Extra Slot for their SUV's, techers will want a Head Slot for Har/Quick, etc.

As for offline... I don't know what all is available. =x Some of the same principles should apply, though.

kyanrato
Oct 2, 2008, 06:41 AM
Yeah, I still play offline. :(

*sigh*

So Serafi Senba? Okay, what mission should I go to to hunt for the Serafi senba?