PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Types of PSU in PS0

ChaosAngel92
Oct 1, 2008, 06:38 PM
Is it was my imagination or did someone else noted something like a spear on the trailer used by the HUmarl?

Anyway, for the judge of the details released today, looks like PS0 is a the final combination beetwen PSU and PSO.

As I said, I swear I looked a spear attack on the game.
So the question remains, witch type of weapons in PSU would you like to see on PS0?
I can say most people will baw on the axes as soon this topic gets to the public.

I stay with 2, Twin Handguns and Whips. If there is that, then....well then Ill be the happiest man on earth.

Gemel
Oct 1, 2008, 06:51 PM
Also at one point you see the Humar using the same spear with what I'm guessing is a PA.

If whips stay along with twin claws I would be happier than what I am already xD

Weeaboolits
Oct 1, 2008, 07:35 PM
I'm hoping they retain slicers and balance them properly, funny how they went from being mostly universally disliked in PSO to easily abused in PSU, I do love flinging blades at things though. :(

ChronoTrigga
Oct 1, 2008, 08:16 PM
PSOBB slicers were BOSS. Rappy fan ftw.

Hozanto
Oct 1, 2008, 11:36 PM
I don't really care about any other weapon but the doublesabers.

pikachief
Oct 1, 2008, 11:46 PM
as long as shotguns keep their awesomeness from PSU im good :P

Kent
Oct 2, 2008, 12:03 AM
I really hope they institute a melee weapon designed for Forces, that also helps with your technique ability. I think scythes would be a perfect fit for the role, especially being how prevalent the Soul Eater was for balanced and melee-type Force characters.

As far as functionality, I'd think it'd fit more for it to have a narrower attack width than a Sword by a good bit, decent attack power, but also increases your... TP (or MST, or whatever stat they use that determines technique power). Not as much attack power as a pure melee weapon, but not as much technique damage added as a wand, or anything like that.

I do kinda hope they do away with how the dual-wielding system in PSU worked, however. A simpler system (where you equip... a weapon) would probably work a lot better.

Arika
Oct 2, 2008, 12:57 AM
I wish they would do more for console version game. I dislike to play anything with small monitor.

Zarode
Oct 2, 2008, 01:15 AM
I wish they would do more for console version game. I dislike to play anything with small monitor.

If the game sells well enough, good chance for ports.

I saw they kept with HUmar-Acquired Big Sword Syndrome in the game.

Saphion
Oct 2, 2008, 03:41 AM
I was a veritable demon with Partisans back on the original PSO, I'd love to see Gae Bolg and the like return.

Knuckles were completely useless, however.

Zarode
Oct 2, 2008, 04:36 AM
I was a veritable demon with Partisans back on the original PSO, I'd love to see Gae Bolg and the like return.

Knuckles were completely useless, however.

Really now? Falcon Punch is pretty useful...

Saphion
Oct 2, 2008, 04:40 AM
Falcon PAAAUUUNCH, surely? ;)

TalHex
Oct 2, 2008, 08:10 AM
katanas and big ass swords need to come back... and probably will, the flowen sword might have sucked but it was still one of my favorite weapons

Deissa
Oct 2, 2008, 10:15 AM
I worry that since Photon Arts are in it they'll just make normal attacks more or less useless like they were in PSU. The other problem with PSU's weapons is that they're all more or less reskins of each other with different stats. Extra Attack in PSO gave weapons far more variety than PSU could ever hope to have with their weapons.

Saphion
Oct 2, 2008, 10:27 AM
Ideally, Photon Arts should have a timer before they can be used again, to prevent mass PA-spamming.

I also hope Techniques are kept seperate from Photon Arts, so we don't have to link them to blummin' weapons again.

Weeaboolits
Oct 2, 2008, 11:28 AM
Ideally, Photon Arts should have a timer before they can be used again, to prevent mass PA-spamming.

I also hope Techniques are kept seperate from Photon Arts, so we don't have to link them to blummin' weapons again.As for a limiter on PAs, maybe just get rid of photon charges, maybe start them off with 0pp and make you charge with hits instead of starting full.

I hope techs are not weapon bound as well, also I hope they aren't force exclusive.

Akaimizu
Oct 2, 2008, 11:33 AM
I'll have to agree with the topic creator. At least for the what would make me happy part. The chance to be a straight-up cowboy in the game is very enticing. Add to the idea that we see physical weapons being used. You just don't see that in other online-games. Not ones that are action-RPG, at least. It may not be a Western MMO, but it would be the closest thing we'll get, for now.

I also like the idea of non-weapon bound techs, which might be true considering I think I saw the wands being used as melee attacks like the good-ol' PSO. It would also seem to continue the Phantasy Star tendancies of folks using their own energies to cast Techs and/or magics more in the past than in the future. The future seems to make everyone a little less magical/self-teching and add more reliance on technology to pull them through.

Aumi
Oct 3, 2008, 01:38 PM
I'd like a Double Saber in form of a bo staff :D I really want to see Double Sabers and Katanas. Although the PSO Katanas just seemed too big. Don't know. I just hope we're going to see these weapon types.

jnblz316
Oct 3, 2008, 09:27 PM
I think the Axes and Claw weapons were great on PSU. On PSO I could care less for them and have the Slicers from later PSO installments would be great as well.

Rei-San
Oct 3, 2008, 11:06 PM
I agree with some of the people above. I'd love to see more PSO classics to come back. Katanas or Partisans could be a class or their own. (I wield a katana in PSO, and then the Sange in PSU and it feels compleatly different.)

And I don't mind the Photon Art, but I would have liked it if they gave some of the weapons "Extra" abilities. Expesially since it looks like the photon elements in the weapons are gone. What they where to bring back weapons like the Orotiagito or the Tsumikiri J-Sword?

burninglink5
Oct 4, 2008, 07:16 AM
I really hope they bring back the way the slicers worked in PSO. I don't like how they took away the ability to lock on to multiple enemies with it in PSU. :( Liberator and Braveman FTW.