PDA

View Full Version : Girls :|

3---Hit---U
Oct 1, 2008, 08:10 PM
I give up with girls, most likely for a long time now -.-

I'm sick of the ever popular "I just want to be friends and I don't want anything to be weird between us." line.

Like seriously, I asked out 3 people over the last week, all of which I had a liking of, and all of which flirted constantly with me, and I never started any conversations until recently. So me and this one girl were flirting and having a fun time, so I decide to pop the question. Immediate friends line.

Also did the same to the other two girls, but one girl waited a day to give me an answer.

And none of the people I asked were dating anyone else, or as far as I know (as I asked there friends) had no liking of any other guy. I also know and accept I'm not the hottest guy in school, but two of the 3 were a year or two younger than me, and one was in my grade.

--------------NOTEZORS------------------------

I am looking for a long-term relationship! Not just like a few months!
Before you say that i just want to have a sexual relationship, I -DON'T-

Just annoys me :\

/end_rant

Scrub
Oct 1, 2008, 08:17 PM
At your age(or at least the age you're acting) you really shouldn't be looking for a long-term relationship. Just start things off small and see where they go from there.

Also, deal with rejection goddamn. Why do people get their pants in such a bunch if they get rejected. So you're 0-3, big shit, keep at it. It'll go through eventually.

Unless you're really ugly/fat.

The_Gio
Oct 1, 2008, 08:20 PM
well all i got to say is, i can relate to that line, but from what i learned, you cant just ask someone out and hope theyll just say yes. You got to make them see your gonna be worth their time

least thats how it is for me, im not the best looking guy out there either so i had to learn the hard way

3---Hit---U
Oct 1, 2008, 08:21 PM
I have been dealing with rejection very well, thank you very much, I told the girls not to feel bad because they said no, and I also talk to them as I would before I asked them out.

As for the first part, you probably are right, and I should start off smaller.

And sometimes people just need to vent -.-

Syl
Oct 1, 2008, 08:24 PM
3 rejections, that's it? Maybe you're shooting too hard if you've gotten that many in just one week. O_o

You're bound to get rejected, it happens. I can't even count the number of times I've been rejected (mostly because I don't remember or care to >.>). Just because they flirt with you doesn't mean they like you thaaat much. If you haven't known them for too long, maybe you're just jumping the ship too quickly.

Kylie
Oct 1, 2008, 08:26 PM
At your age(or at least the age you're acting) you really shouldn't be looking for a long-term relationship. Just start things off small and see where they go from there.

Also, deal with rejection goddamn. Why do people get their pants in such a bunch if they get rejected. So you're 0-3, big shit, keep at it. It'll go through eventually.

Unless you're really ugly/fat.
That's basically what I was going to say... except my post would have been a bit more sugarcoated. :-P Although, I don't think you should be looking like that at any age. When you look like you're going down a list of possible candidates, girls are just going to see you as desperate, and you're not going to find the right kind of relationship you're wanting.

The_Gio
Oct 1, 2008, 08:28 PM
which if you did ask 3 girls in one week, you kinda are lol. Just keep your sun out, keep the pressure down, and youll find a girl eventually

edit: i do give you props tho for asking 3 girls that quickly from each other, wish i can have that kind of confidence

another edit:

*waits for Inazuma's advice*

if you mean it in the way i think you mean it lol thats just mean

Tessu
Oct 1, 2008, 08:36 PM
Well, what's your definition of "flirting"?

I mean, honestly. I smile at people when I make eye-contact with them. Some people assume I'm flirting with them when I do that.
Or if I pick up stuff someone dropped, it's flirting. Or if I offer to help someone out with something, it's flirting, or if I ask them for help it's flirting. Sometimes it's as if two people of the opposite sex can't interact at all without flirting.

Also, you said you never started any conversations with them previously, right? Well, maybe that's part of the problem.
"Just wanting to be friends" doesn't always count for forever. Maybe they just want to be friends first, you know?

I understand how you feel, but really now. Were they flirting with you, or being nice to you?

amtalx
Oct 1, 2008, 08:41 PM
In what manner are you asking for a date? Sounds like you may have come on a bit strong. Anyway, get back in there and fight the good fight. You're gonna crash and burn more often than fly.

*waits for Inazuma's advice*

McLaughlin
Oct 1, 2008, 09:00 PM
Well, what's your definition of "flirting"?

I mean, honestly. I smile at people when I make eye-contact with them. Some people assume I'm flirting with them when I do that.
Or if I pick up stuff someone dropped, it's flirting. Or if I offer to help someone out with something, it's flirting, or if I ask them for help it's flirting. Sometimes it's as if two people of the opposite sex can't interact at all without flirting.

Also, you said you never started any conversations with them previously, right? Well, maybe that's part of the problem.
"Just wanting to be friends" doesn't always count for forever. Maybe they just want to be friends first, you know?

I understand how you feel, but really now. Were they flirting with you, or being nice to you?

I get the same kind of thing. I hold doors open, I'm flirting. I let the ladies through first, I'm flirting. I offer help with homework/whatever, or if they ask me and I agree, I'm flirting.

To be honest, as pretty as some of the girls I know are, I'm not really looking for a relationship right now, so if I'm being nice, helpful, whatever, it's out of genuine courtesy, not because I want in your pants.

afterthoughtz
Oct 1, 2008, 09:09 PM
I've had quite a few girlfriends (not gonna give out numbers) and have never been turned down, wanna know why? Well yes...its true, I"M AWESOME!!! But besides that lol, you be their friend first. And when i say friend i dont mean talk to her for a week and then ask her out, really get to know the girl you like, find out what makes them happy and etc. Also may i advise not asking that many that close of a time period, for example, You ask both cindy, amy, and jessica out (made-up names) and get turned down by all three, then maybe amy starts to change her mind about it and starts see that she may like you more then a friend, but now what happens when she finds out you've also asked out 2 other girls in the same week, i bet she will not be as willing to give you a chance knowing that. Also just be yourself, no need to be fake around them, dont try to act uber cool, you'll look like a dork:) Giving up isnt the answer, patience is.....

Sidney
Oct 1, 2008, 09:36 PM
If she doesn't like you, she doesn't like you. I doubt there's a reason other than that, unless one/some of the girls happen to be shallow or rude. And if that was the case, those girls wouldn't be worth your time anyway. I don't think it was anything personal, so don't take it that way. It doesn't matter if she's not dating someone else, it doesn't mean she has to say "yes". It doesn't mean she's shallow or has a cruel reason; she just might not be into you. (This is something I've experienced a lot - the guy/his friends giving me a guilt trip because I said "no". They'll often say, "It's because he's [insert adjective here], isn't it?" and it's not that, I'm simply not into him or am pursuing someone else at the time. :lol: )

So don't get down on yourself too much! I definitely suggest taking all the advice given here, it's all been good. :) Maybe try getting to know them better first, or waiting for a particular girl who just makes you go head over heels.

Sybian
Oct 1, 2008, 09:54 PM

I'm sick of the ever popular "I just want to be friends and I don't want anything to be weird between us." line.

Like seriously, I asked out 3 people over the last week, all of which I had a liking of, and all of which flirted constantly with me, and I never started any conversations until recently. So me and this one girl were flirting and having a fun time, so I decide to pop the question. Immediate friends line.

Also did the same to the other two girls, but one girl waited a day to give me an answer.

And none of the people I asked were dating anyone else, or as far as I know (as I asked there friends) had no liking of any other guy. I also know and accept I'm not the hottest guy in school, but two of the 3 were a year or two younger than me, and one was in my grade.

/end_rant

It seem like you are doing this all wrong and/or too fast. What are you saying exactly? Are you asking to hang out or to go out somewhere?

At your age there is no such thing as a "long term relationship". It can and does exist but are the same chances of hitting the lottery or being struck by lightning.

Just remember 2 thinks in life. Girls never know what the hell they want and can never make up their mind on things.

gorefiend
Oct 1, 2008, 10:44 PM

/end_rant

i feel sorry for you, i had the same problem with this chick now I'm all good =D yay she's my girlie hehe but dude, You'll find her she's waiting and she'll be lovely

the pain shall subside soon just show them you love them make them the world too you

Pm me if you want me too help more, im pretty good even though this post doesnt sound liike it =]

CelestialBlade
Oct 1, 2008, 10:52 PM
Just so you're aware, walking around with that kind of attitude is a *big* turn-off, right off the bat. Hold your head up and be a little more confident. You will get rejected, not all girls are going to like you, be patient and trust that you will find someone and rejections aren't going to get you down. Trust me, we see right through you.

Confidence is hot. Saying you're never going to find the right one or having a goal of a long-term thing at first sight is definitely not.

Kent
Oct 1, 2008, 11:03 PM
The girl I'm currently going out with is one that I've known since we were... 14. 21, now, and just got started with the whole dating thing (mostly due to life intersecting itself in various ways).

Personally, I wouldn't even bother asking out a girl that I was only acquainted with briefly, unless there happened to be hooks going in mutually from the get-go, or something. It goes without saying that you kinda have to learn the difference between "being nice" and "flirting," which it seems a surprising amount of people confuse the two.

gorefiend
Oct 1, 2008, 11:05 PM
Just so you're aware, walking around with that kind of attitude is a *big* turn-off, right off the bat. Hold your head up and be a little more confident. You will get rejected, not all girls are going to like you, be patient and trust that you will find someone and rejections aren't going to get you down. Trust me, we see right through you.

Confidence is hot. Saying you're never going to find the right one or having a goal of a long-term thing at first sight is definitely not.

So thats how karlee finds stuff out haha (the chick in my pic album shes my one and only love)

lol

Anyway

Some people cant be confident with girls due too the fact there fis=rst love maybe betraye them or Hurt them wquite badly and cannot look at it any other way than a fear, but a goood fear.

Love is a delicate thing too say i love you

You need the full heart behind it

Like a swordsman all strength behind your words.

(excuse how i go about things, i tend too say weird things like the swordsman thing)

Kent
Oct 1, 2008, 11:26 PM
No offense (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150764), but I'm pretty sure statements like that won't help.

...Especially since putting all of your strength behind a sword swing is asking for some punishment.

Rhetoric lies in knowing when to put strength behind words, just as when to put finesse behind them. And italics.

gorefiend
Oct 1, 2008, 11:35 PM
uggh dude.

Also the swordsman thing

means have some belief in yourself not swinging a blade if i wanted too say that i would.

I do things different.

I say advice in a weird way

Due too the fact im weird

anyway.

Girls are a friend and enemy too men, We love then yet... They can also be your worst enemy but a tease

Maybe you should chill on the asking out thing and just go for the friends for a while. then move slowly, till you become close friends, then move a little more =D

(note:i'm bad with my grammer etc. but i love writing storys =D)

The_Gio
Oct 1, 2008, 11:38 PM
Maybe you should chill on the asking out thing and just go for the friends for a while. then move slowly, till you become close friends, then move a little more =D

problem there is if you get too close to a girl whos not interested, youll probably end up being the brotherly figure more than boyfriend material which will just cause more pain in the end

gorefiend
Oct 1, 2008, 11:42 PM
problem there is if you get too close to a girl whos not interested, youll probably end up being the brotherly figure more than boyfriend material

Yeah, maybe you should drop the line like your a good girl etc, just letting her know your into her.

Sidney
Oct 2, 2008, 12:45 AM
i hate girls like that. They think their doing you a favor by protecting your feelings when in reality their only protecting themselves,their reputation and hurting you more. Dont get depressed over that, laugh at how stupid she is for thinking she needed to protect you and thinking stupid and over dramatic thoughts of you

Wow. :roll:
Sometimes, it's not that easy. You are looking at it from a very one-sided perspective. Like I was saying before, people can and will be emotionally manipulative. The rejected (and often their friends) are sometimes not beyond sending you on a guilt trip for not liking them, and I know this from personal experience. I have always stood my ground, but I can see how a lot of girls can get sucked into that trap; they only say "yes" because they genuinely do not want to hurt you. People like the OP, who take it so personally, are a leading cause of why women do this. A lot of people absolutely cannot handle rejection, and any decent person would not want to cause another person pain. They also do not want to be seen as "shallow", which can be often thrown out by a rejected person, often without any merit, towards the person who rejected them. (Basically, the rejected person is butt-hurt and makes excuses.)

For example, three years ago, a guy I hardly knew approached me after school with a dozen roses, confessed his strong feelings for me and asked me out. I had only spoken to him once or twice, so for me, it came off as rather creepy. I politely told him no. Not only did I not know him, I was also interested in another guy, who ended up being my boyfriend a few weeks later. It was nothing personal, I simply was not interested.

A day later, rumors had been spreading around the school that I was a "shallow bitch" because I said no to that guy. His friends accosted me and said, "You're horrible, you said 'no' just because he's fat, give him a chance!" He was a nice guy, but I was just not romantically interested in him. It got worse as he later sent me desperate e-mails saying how he stopped eating food for me in hopes that I would say "yes". It got horribly blown out of proportion, and I was made out to be a villain even though I was simply standing up for my feelings. Saying "yes" or "no" to a person you simply do not like can be a lose-lose situation at times, which is what makes it so difficult. You're either leading him on, or you're a "shallow bitch". This is not always the case, by any means, as there are men and women who handle rejection gracefully, but it very frequently is.

I agree that leading a guy on like that is wrong and very heart-wrenching, but it's just an emotionally delicate and complex situation that, at times, cannot be avoided. It can take a lot of time and practice to properly learn how to handle these situations. I think people simply do not realize rejecting someone can be just as hard as being rejected. So yes, that is my daily crazed-guy-who-liked-me story. Have you noticed I have a lot of these? :lol:

Sidney
Oct 2, 2008, 12:57 AM
^ Oh, please. :roll:
Someone missed the whole point of everything I wrote! Attempt to broaden viewpoints? Failure.

TheOneHero
Oct 2, 2008, 12:57 AM
its not one sided, the only reason this mattered to you is cuz people were calling you a shallow bitch,

That's not the "only" reason it matters, in fact, I highly doubt that's even a reason to her. I'm dumbfounded you even said that.

She's giving an example of what could happen/generally happens when a girl says "no".

Gah, beaten by soubrette! :wacko:

The_Gio
Oct 2, 2008, 01:03 AM
ok so why do you remember this story? you were worried about the guy? i didnt miss the entire point, im just saying, yes rejecting can be as bad as rejection itself, but there is never a real reason to lie to someone to protect them. Its called growing up if they dont understand.

MaximusLight
Oct 2, 2008, 01:17 AM
(wow, even mentioning my problems causes horrendous results)

Look when I said that the last girl I asked out didn't like me and all that other stuff, I wasn't blaming her, I'd just wished she'd been honest, rather than trying not to hurt me. In all seriousness my point was just lousy luck with women (hence why I took it down, it was being mis-interpreted).

On that note, it's not like any of us can actually say all situations are this way or that, stuff happens sometimes bad, sometimes just happens, there's no point it worrying about it afterwards though, best just to leave it be and move on.

Sidney
Oct 2, 2008, 01:19 AM
^ Oh no, my post wasn't directed at you or your specific case, no worries! I was just trying to explain why that situation, in general, might occur. Feel free to angst, I understand that being in that situation is painful and difficult.

gorefiend
Oct 2, 2008, 01:20 AM
(wow, even mentioning my problems causes horrendous results)

Look when I said that the last girl I asked out didn't like me and all that other stuff, I wasn't blaming her, I'd just wished she'd been honest, rather than trying not to hurt me. In all seriousness my point was just lousy luck with women (hence why I took it down, it was being mis-interpreted).

On that note, it's not like any of us can actually say all situations are this way or that, stuff happens sometimes bad, sometimes just happens, there's no point it worrying about it afterwards though, best just to leave it be and move on.

I hate girls that hide behind the friends like oh ty (ty's my name) ash doesnt like you etc.

If they do that dont bother

MaximusLight
^ Oh no, my post wasn't directed at you or your specific case, no worries! I was just trying to explain why that situation, in general, might occur. Feel free to angst, I understand that being in that situation is painful and difficult.

Does that mean I can go back to being depressed and emo now?

The_Gio
lol im sorry i didnt mean to fly off the bat like that, im just really edgy today...

MaximusLight
Oct 2, 2008, 01:23 AM
lol im sorry i didnt mean to fly off the bat like that, im just really edgy today...

Well, that's what this board is for afterall...
Rating
*after school lesson learned*

gorefiend
Oct 2, 2008, 01:23 AM
Does that mean I can go back to being depressed and emo now?

Listen too my music

My bands Dimmu borgir,chthonic, mushroom head (old mushroom head)

Nile, mayhem,limbonic art, Troll fest

Sonata Arctica, dissection (shame i wont see them live due too the fact lead singer is dead D

Behemoth,balphgor, opeth, Satyricon,amon amarth,slayer

carpathian forest,exhumed immortal, korpiklanni,kamelot,job for a cowboy,shade empire,gorgaroth, cannible corpse,dethklok,bucket head, the berzerker,ensiferum,amputated, Arch enemy.

Rammstien, martriden, krisiun,severed heaven,bathory,destroyer 666

finntroll.

That'll get romance off you =D

MaximusLight
Oct 2, 2008, 01:26 AM
*listens to cheesy love music instead*

Hmmm, what was that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzmrOhQpXeY

3---Hit---U
Oct 2, 2008, 05:40 AM
Wow, I really didn't expect this to get many posts overnight o.o

First of all, thanks for the advice everyone, I will wait a longer time before I think about asking someone out.

Secondly, two of the three people were my friends since elemtary school, and have always gone out of there way to talk with me, the other one was one of my good friends but I only knew her for about 2 months.

Third, I will take gorefiends advice and attempt to make strong friendships then maybe ask her out.

Finally, I probably shouldn't have put down long term relationship there, I was a bit tired when I was writing this, what I meant was a nonsexual relationship, like I probably wouldn't even think about kissing the girl for a long time, sorry for the confusion >.>

gorefiend
Oct 2, 2008, 05:59 AM
Hmm...... maybe you should play some sweet sweet pso/psu

but dont ditch us XD

OMG I FEEL AWESOME YAYA!

:grin:My girl friends hot

I probably wouldn't even think about kissing the girl for a long time

a kiss isn't a choice it's natural, just let it flow dont be a person like it's been 1 day i can poke her been a week i can hug-been 754 days i can kiss her >.<

Broodstar1337
Oct 2, 2008, 07:04 AM
Take my advice. Don't bother with relationships. You're just setting yourself up for a lot of unnecessary hardship.

Instead, make good female friends and watch a lot of porn.

You'll thank me later.

Seority
Oct 2, 2008, 07:47 AM
Strangers > Acquaintances > Friends > Girl/Boy Friend
That's how it should go.
Not;
Stangers > Girl/Boy Friend

Get to know them well as friends and I quarentee you won't get rejected as much. Then again, you have to be a good friend as well. Up to you.

They were all at least nice enough to state that instead of "No, I don't like you". They at least let you be their friend, and I would do the same in their situation. If you only knew the person for a short while, dating them is very uncomfortable. Being desperate is no excuse silly.

Stop the multiple posts of nothing gore... -_-'

Alastor_Haven
Oct 2, 2008, 05:57 PM
Take my advice. Don't bother with relationships. You're just setting yourself up for a lot of unnecessary hardship.

You'll thank me later.

I lol'ed pretty hard haha

Kent
Oct 2, 2008, 06:07 PM

You'll thank me later.
I kinda want to see you and Inazuma fight to the death.

Powder Keg
Oct 3, 2008, 12:54 AM
Stop the multiple posts of nothing gore... -_-'
Let the moderators handle it if they think it's getting excessive, since you are not one.

This topic has a lot of opinions that make my head hurt. To me it just boils down to "they don't like you? alright, move along" "You think they're playing games/leading you on? alright, move along" No one's gonna fall onto your lap and be into you at first sight. I personally don't seek out any of this, because there are plenty of better things in life.

Everyone has a different style. As long as both people involved know what's going on and agree to it, that's their business. Whether it's a relationship, friends w/ benefits--whatever.

Majarra
Oct 3, 2008, 03:29 AM
Heh its extremely entertaining watching 6th graders say 'O MY GOSH"!!!!! "BLEH BLAH IS MY BF"! WERE GONNA MESS AROUND THIS WEEKEND"!!!. Some of my favorites.......ahhhh good times

Inazuma
Oct 3, 2008, 06:50 PM
i saw my name mentioned a few times in this thread. seems you guys like my helpful advice after all. ok here you go:

first off, that "lets just be friends" line is your cue to move on to the next woman. she is basically saying "im not attracted to you, but i still want you to give me attention".

you didnt mention how you are treating these women but im gonna go ahead and assume you are acting like a nice guy. thats a bad idea. women have no respect for nice guys. you need to act like an asshole instead. just act like you dont care about these women at all. dont compliment them. dont buy them gifts. dont open the door for em. dont pay for their movie tickets. dont call them more than once a week either. also, if you are really doing it or not, make them think you are busy fucking other girls that are better than them. basically you want them to believe that you dont give a shit about them and you have better things to do. all of this is done in order to lower her self-esteem as much as possible. i know it sounds ridiculous but its the best way to go if you want sex. women love jerks (^_^)

ok have fun w/ this one guys :P

Leviathan
Oct 3, 2008, 08:27 PM
Yes, everything Inazuma said is true. Women like it when you use them as a sex doll, if you want a prosperous relationship then follow what this love guru has to say.

On a more serious note:
I believe the poster said he didn't want a hook-up, because he actually wants to have a meaningful relationship with the girl.
There will be a girl that likes you eventually, maybe you had mixed signals?
Don't worry, we all have somebody to love that's why we know we're here.

The_Gio
Oct 3, 2008, 09:18 PM
i saw my name mentioned a few times in this thread. seems you guys like my helpful advice after all. ok here you go:

first off, that "lets just be friends" line is your cue to move on to the next woman. she is basically saying "im not attracted to you, but i still want you to give me attention".

you didnt mention how you are treating these women but im gonna go ahead and assume you are acting like a nice guy. thats a bad idea. women have no respect for nice guys. you need to act like an asshole instead. just act like you dont care about these women at all. dont compliment them. dont buy them gifts. dont open the door for em. dont pay for their movie tickets. dont call them more than once a week either. also, if you are really doing it or not, make them think you are busy fucking other girls that are better than them. basically you want them to believe that you dont give a shit about them and you have better things to do. all of this is done in order to lower her self-esteem as much as possible. i know it sounds ridiculous but its the best way to go if you want sex. women love jerks (^_^)

this is true to an extent, the thing is, the persons got to like you for it to actually work if your into being a bitch, otherwise youll just come out looking like an asshole. That person has to already like you cuz then theyre already trying to get your attention, and for some dumb reason people are attracted to when they want something but think or know they cant have it, thats just human nature.

But like i said, this is really only something assholes do, and if you do try this and actually get a girl like this. Otherwise, your just being an asshole to someone who doesnt even care if your there. If you do get her thru this method...you got to basically start being her bitch lol

The thing i personally think tho, is that if a girl already likes you, whats better? making her try harder to come to you, or being held in high respect

personally i dont like to play with peoples emotions in that way, so if a girl likes me then, you now there you go, if a girl likes me just because of the way i look, then they're gonna be surprised once they get to know me, which can be good sometimes, but mostly bad lol

TheOneHero
Oct 3, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hi, my name's Ignorass, I learn about relationships through porn and tv shows. Porn and tv is a representation of exactly how people interact with each other in this thing we call life. I love boobies, boobies are all that matter, so you should only want boobies too. Sometimes they talk, so I give them a slap and they shut right the crap up. Go slap some boobies.

Err, what?

Alastor_Haven
Oct 3, 2008, 09:20 PM

This dude

Is fucking funny LOL

Para
Oct 3, 2008, 09:41 PM

There is some truth to it which is the sad part. Some women do prefer jerks because they prefer to the challenge to change the guy which sorta makes them special to know that the guy is a jerk to everyone else except her.

A friend of mine recently discussed this together in understanding men and women lol and that she dated a jerk too because she found him interesting and tried to change him, didn't work and lesson learned, don't date a jerk. Of course not all women are like that, those who did try a jerk and found out that it doesn't work knows not to date a jerk anymore.

Tyreek
Oct 4, 2008, 03:46 AM
There is some truth to it which is the sad part. Some women do prefer jerks because they prefer to the challenge to change the guy which sorta makes them special to know that the guy is a jerk to everyone else except her.

A friend of mine recently discussed this together in understanding men and women lol and that she dated a jerk too because she found him interesting and tried to change him, didn't work and lesson learned, don't date a jerk. Of course not all women are like that, those who did try a jerk and found out that it doesn't work knows not to date a jerk anymore.

I'll quote you for that. Sometimes there are some guys who just don't give a crap. Even if it's their supposed girlfriend.

On topic with this, I sympathize with the OP. All I can say is, you gotta keep putting up the good fight. You're not the only one who was caught up with the "just friends" line. I had my share of that growing up. I was close, at one point, but it didn't turn out well after which. Don't give up.

Syl
Oct 4, 2008, 03:50 AM
I sometimes wonder if Inazuma has had contact with women outside of just school >>

thunder-ray
Oct 4, 2008, 04:14 AM
I sometimes wonder if Inazuma has had contact with women outside of just school >>I secound this

pikachief
Oct 4, 2008, 11:01 AM
all i has to say is, im sure they aren't flirting with u and u just think they are :)

and if u want a long term relationship u gots to get to know them and they gots to get to know u first >.>

its lame to get into a relationship, then find more about each other and realize u dont feel the same way anymore lol

thats all i got cuz im late an g2g

Morganna
Oct 5, 2008, 09:54 PM
I will not say "just quit thinking about relationships and think about more important things instead." Instead, think about these questions.

1. Why do humans even need relationships? What is that impulse to have to have another person close to you? Be sure of what it is before you follow it.

2. For that matter, why should there be marriage? Sure, society has made many legal benefits to being married, but aside from that, is there anything objectively truthful to it? Everyone agrees it is a man made ritual, but is there any truth to a strong impulse to "mate for life?"

Relationships can be alright, but go in with your eyes fully open. And when possible, err on the side of dispassion.

Morganna
Oct 5, 2008, 10:04 PM

While I would criticize your intent with this approach, that of being to destroy her self esteem, I must also criticize the woman for her self esteem being able to be destroyed in such a manner. Nobody is the center of the universe, not even a woman. Women, would your self esteem really be destroyed by what is mentioned above? Do you need constant attention and gifts to feel loved?

The_Gio
Oct 6, 2008, 12:12 AM
I will not say "just quit thinking about relationships and think about more important things instead." Instead, think about these questions.

1. Why do humans even need relationships? What is that impulse to have to have another person close to you? Be sure of what it is before you follow it.

2. For that matter, why should there be marriage? Sure, society has made many legal benefits to being married, but aside from that, is there anything objectively truthful to it? Everyone agrees it is a man made ritual, but is there any truth to a strong impulse to "mate for life?"

Relationships can be alright, but go in with your eyes fully open. And when possible, err on the side of dispassion.

While I would criticize your intent with this approach, that of being to destroy her self esteem, I must also criticize the woman for her self esteem being able to be destroyed in such a manner. Nobody is the center of the universe, not even a woman. Women, would your self esteem really be destroyed by what is mentioned above? Do you need constant attention and gifts to feel loved?

It sounds like your more on the rim of humanity more than an actual relationship. Like you talk about humility more than his own problem, speaking of people in general instead of this persons problem in specific. It does answer his question so ill give you that lol however the question directed toward the women, everyone, not just girls, each have our own ways to feel loved. But we all have one thing in common, no matter how much we deny it, we all love attention. Whether we crave it or not. Its just in what way that varies with people. Were all different and have different interests : D still tho this was one of the deepest post ive read

TheOneHero
Oct 6, 2008, 02:02 AM
Everyone agrees it is a man made ritual,

So, all Christians believe it's man made ritual too? It's cool if you believe that, just don't say everyone, quite a bit of the world believe it's sanctioned/ordained/commanded of God. :p

Squeezit
Oct 6, 2008, 05:49 AM

im gonna say your mostly right :P

i get plenty of girls acting like an asshole, but it works rather well if you act like an asshole to them in a joking way, and seem like an asshole to other people. That way they think "oh wow, he's an asshole to everyone but me, i must be special" or atleast thats what i assume they think, idk all i know is that it works to act like an ass, but still treat them special xD

and also, i dont care who you are, if your a girl and you like a guy, always remember that unless your ugly, this guy wants you mainly for sex. if your fat or ugly you might be safe ;D
but on the other hand, if your really cute/sexy/hot the main thing on a guys mind is sex. and also if you have an amazing personality to go with it, the next thing on the guys mind is, wow this girl is really cool. i want to have sex with her AND stay with her for a little while.

hell even i have stayed with a girl for a few months only because she was hot, and i hated her the whole time (yeah idk why, but sometimes we make stupid decisions, those decisions being made by something down in our pants)

then there comes a point where you have too much sex. Thats the point where you finally get bored of girls for being hot and/or just wanting sex and finding the next girl. then you still try to find a girl that physically appeals to your taste (some of us, not all, dont quote me), and has a good personality. the personality being more important.

then some idiots like myself, break up with those girls when we find them :-P

Morganna
Oct 6, 2008, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure I agree, Squeezit.

I'm tired of society encouraging women to automatically assume the worst about men, i.e. "men just want sex." Even if there is some truth to it, I would like to think I could find an american female who doesn't have some sort of chip on her shoulder about what "pigs" men are. It's not so much that men aren't pigs, but rather that women really aren't any better, yet because they insist that they are victimized by the mere fact that society is 'male dominated,' they will surely end up feeling superior to men simply by virtue of being the victim.

And you might say "Very few women have a chip on their shoulder about it," well I'm not talking about the ones who are adamant about it, they are simply the honest ones. I mean a woman who is even capable of forming the thought "men are pigs." I refuse to be blamed for anything that I have not personally done.

Morganna
Oct 6, 2008, 03:15 PM
Of course, knowing the internet, where any horrible thing is capable of being defended by someone, we should see both "all men ever born are responsible for patriarchy" and "collective punishment in general is ever defensible" at some point after this. Just you watch.

Omega_Weltall
Oct 6, 2008, 03:28 PM
26 and yet to have a girlfriend. now i just say fuck it. I dont even acknowledge their presence anymore unless she has a nice ass/tits, even then i just look at the goods and move on. Every one i know just say "oh just talk to her" that dont work! i just get the "friends" line while she finds some thug type or frat boy, fucks them, they treat her like shit, then i laugh.

hell at this pace i'll just get hookers or save enough for a Real Doll if women are going to do THIS to me.

Morganna
Oct 6, 2008, 03:45 PM
Women see right through that, unfortunately. They think that you really aren't a "nice guy" if you insist on being bitter about women not falling all over you for not being a thug or a frat boy. I do sympathize, though. See, women can make all the mistakes they want during dating, but if a man doesn't "smell right" or fits some other weird criteria, you're SoL unless you're rich, then they only want your money.

Omega_Weltall
Oct 6, 2008, 05:27 PM
Women see right through that, unfortunately. They think that you really aren't a "nice guy" if you insist on being bitter about women not falling all over you for not being a thug or a frat boy. I do sympathize, though. See, women can make all the mistakes they want during dating, but if a man doesn't "smell right" or fits some other weird criteria, you're SoL unless you're rich, then they only want your money.

and that why i wash my hands of the whole thing

Sidney
Oct 6, 2008, 06:41 PM
... Wow. This thread has turned into a stereotyping pity-party full of excuses. :lol:

Lyrix
Oct 6, 2008, 06:47 PM
... Wow. This thread has turned into a stereotyping pity-party full of excuses. :lol:

true enough, 90% of the guys in this thread make me ashamed to share their gender XD

Inazuma
Oct 6, 2008, 07:13 PM
how is sex any different from taking a leak or eating a sandwich? they are all bodily functions we need to do. society tells us we should fall in love w/ the person we have sex w/, but i dont think thats very natural, at least for men. i dont need to have feelings for a toilet in order to take a dump in it, so why is there a problem to have sex w/o feelings?

do animals fall in love w/ each other before fucking? do they fall in love w/ their food before eating it? i dont think they do either, and that sounds pretty good to me.

there is a bond that can occur w/ the person you have sex w/ and i know what that feels like but i dont think its much different from similar food or bathroom related bonds. and its not so much "love" as it is "lust"

Astarin
Oct 6, 2008, 07:27 PM
Inazuma, who was talking about sex? The discussion is dating. Not sex, or love. Dating is about finding out another person. Doing activities you like, seeing if you like the same things, and if you like spending time with the person. I'm not saying that your end goal for dating should be marriage, because that it shouldn't be. Dating, for me, is more about "Am I compatible with this person? If yes, then in what way?".

And frankly, people shouldn't be too concerned about people who don't want to date them. If they aren't interested in you, then you don't want anything to do with them either. That goes double if it's some silly reason, like you don't have money/a certain look/aren't a jerk/whatever. Would you really want to be with a person who wants that anyway?

TheOneHero
Oct 6, 2008, 07:30 PM
Inazuma, there's quite a few animals that 'mate for life'. It may be just me, but I think if animals do that, there must be some kind of 'love' between them.

Sidney
Oct 6, 2008, 07:34 PM
Astarin, I understand how tempting it is to reply to Inazuma's posts of stupidity, as sometimes I cannot resist myself (and end up regretting how much time I wasted), but I think it just feeds his appetite to troll. As great and as true as your post was, no amount of logic or reason will ever get through to him. The closest he's ever been to a real woman is probably his newman lolitecher on PSU, so just read his posts for a good laugh and move on. Communicating with him is pointless. *pat*

Leviathan
Oct 6, 2008, 08:32 PM
how is sex any different from taking a leak or eating a sandwich? they are all bodily functions we need to do. society tells us we should fall in love w/ the person we have sex w/, but i dont think thats very natural, at least for men. i dont need to have feelings for a toilet in order to take a dump in it, so why is there a problem to have sex w/o feelings?

do animals fall in love w/ each other before fucking? do they fall in love w/ their food before eating it? i dont think they do either, and that sounds pretty good to me.

there is a bond that can occur w/ the person you have sex w/ and i know what that feels like but i dont think its much different from similar food or bathroom related bonds. and its not so much "love" as it is "lust"

It's moral upbringing.
Some rather wait, some don't.
Respect their decision.

Morganna
Oct 6, 2008, 08:38 PM

Just to be clear...are my posts included in that category?

amtalx
Oct 6, 2008, 09:21 PM
Inazuma, I'd be honored if would let me take you out to dinner.

Kylie
Oct 6, 2008, 09:29 PM
Inazuma, I'd be honored if would let me take you out to dinner.
Oh no you didn't! :-P Anyway, Inazuma, more power to you if you find a girl that fits your, in my opinion, frightening perception of one, but some of us rather not view sex and romance the way you do. I'd also be concerned about your health and sexually transmitted diseases if you're not concerned with the morality of having numerous partners...

TheOneHero
Oct 6, 2008, 09:40 PM
sexually transmitted diseases if you're not concerned with the morality of having numerous partners...

Reminds me of this one Robot Chicken, where Paris Hilton was saving one of her friends from jail. Her plan was to have sex with a guard and get him to let them out. Immediately after making whoopy, the guard's flesh, tissues, and muscles just melted right off, killing him.

Squeezit
Oct 6, 2008, 09:40 PM
Oh no you didn't! :-P Anyway, Inazuma, more power to you if you find a girl that fits your, in my opinion, frightening perception of one, but some of us rather not view sex and romance the way you do. I'd also be concerned about your health and sexually transmitted diseases if you're not concerned with the morality of having numerous partners...

i've been with plenty and im still safe.
and Morganna im not saying i disagree with you at all.
and its true not all guys want only sex, but it is always in some portion of their mind. They atleast consider/fantasize, or something of the like with a beautiful woman that they are friends with or attracted to.

I've been with so many women after my fiance dumped me that i finally remembered how much i miss actually caring for someone for more than just sex. And so i quit dating. i still have friends with benifits, but i refuse to date until i can actually care about someone again.

That way i dont have to worry about hurting anyones feelings. Although there are still the friends with benifits that say your a jerk because you dont have feelings or something when they try and show emotion. thankfully i've only had that once.

TheOneHero
Oct 6, 2008, 09:54 PM
but it is always in some portion of their mind. They atleast consider/fantasize, or something of the like with a beautiful woman that they are friends with or attracted to.

Am I the only guy here who is capable of controlling his thoughts? Seriously, something like this pops in and I immediately think of something else. I don't encourage these thoughts, because I honestly believe girls aren't just for physical pleasure. I hold most of them in very high respect and would hate to do anything that would slowly wear away at my high standing for them.

Tip for few people here: Stop saying it's... every, always, all, and the like. You look like an ass.

Kylie
Oct 6, 2008, 09:54 PM
i've been with plenty and im still safe.
and Morganna im not saying i disagree with you at all.
and its true not all guys want only sex, but it is always in some portion of their mind. They atleast consider/fantasize, or something of the like with a beautiful woman that they are friends with or attracted to.

I've been with so many women after my fiance dumped me that i finally remembered how much i miss actually caring for someone for more than just sex. And so i quit dating. i still have friends with benifits, but i refuse to date until i can actually care about someone again.

That way i dont have to worry about hurting anyones feelings. Although there are still the friends with benifits that say your a jerk because you dont have feelings or something when they try and show emotion. thankfully i've only had that once.
For me, sex is passionate, and it goes hand and hand with emotion. Therefore, you can't just go around doing it like it's any other bodily function and not expect others to develop feelings, and doing something that you know could ignite feelings without being sure you could honor those feelings is very disrespectful and inconsiderate to me. If that's not at least in the back of your mind, I think you aren't doing it right. :shy:

I've slipped up and had something "just for fun" before, but I regret it... even if I was lucky enough to have the guy not get attached. It ruined our friendship though. And maybe you're lucky and have dodged the "STD bullet" before, but having multiple partners and not having any kind of control or discretion is dangerous. That's just a fact.

Morganna
Oct 6, 2008, 10:00 PM
Of course Kylie, it would all be easier if we were encouraged to stick with nice people. It's kind of hard to do that when, at one time, I saw someone say something to the basic effect of "women will sometimes make the mistake of going with jerk guys, and nice guys just have to accept that and not feel put out about the fact." I mean, seriously...she didn't like jerks, and yet she was telling the nice guy to shut up and accept it? :p No wonder this issue is so confusing.

Kylie
Oct 6, 2008, 10:02 PM
Oh, my bit was kind of off-topic and only pointed to Inazuma and Squeezit. I really have no idea what this thread is about anymore beyond that. :lol: I'm not sure what you mean by the specificness of the "jerk" and such. Also, some girls are whores. Believe me, I'll be the first one to tell ya that.

Lyrix
Oct 6, 2008, 10:03 PM
Am I the only guy here who is capable of controlling his thoughts? Seriously, something like this pops in and I immediately think of something else. I don't encourage these thoughts, because I honestly believe girls aren't just for physical pleasure. I hold most of them in very high respect and would hate to do anything that would slowly wear away at my high standing for them.

Tip for few people here: Stop saying it's... every, always, all, and the like. You look like an ass.

nah, im with ya, sex is generally the LAST thing on my mind, and thoughts about sex with friends would just disturb the hell outta me, i like my friends to be friends, not objects of lust XD

Morganna
Oct 6, 2008, 10:06 PM
Oh, my bit was kind of off-topic and only pointed to Inazuma. I really have no idea what this thread is about anymore beyond that. :lol: I'm not sure what you mean by the specificness of the "jerk" and such.

I was just referring to a much earlier thread where some guy came and complained about how a girl he knew was giving more attention to a jerk, to the point where it was affecting his friendship with her. It was pretty sad...he got some support, but I knew he would have gotten more support had he been a girl. Then some other person posted the thing I indicated. About how nice guys should just shut up and accept it that girls will make mistakes in their relationship approach that is detrimental to the nice guys. I mean, really...would this person have been so callous if the OP of that thread was female?

I just bring it up now because it seems pertinent to the current thread. If we can solve the issue of nice people vs. jerks, that should solve a lot of the problems the OP is talking about.

Kylie
Oct 6, 2008, 10:12 PM
Ah, I sort of see what you mean now. I think the real problem is gender stereotyping. I'll joke and and say I only like jerks, but it's not completely true. I really do try to find nice guys, and many that I've seen have been nice guys. It all depends on the people involved, and that's what's fun.

I'll say it again though, some girls are just whores. :-P

Morganna
Oct 6, 2008, 10:16 PM
Yes, gender stereotyping is bad. Both men and women need to stop acting like the other gender is inherently bad or inadequate in some way. Society especially needs to stop encouraging people to think that men are inherently less mature and only want sex and whatnot. I get bitter, because I realize that even if I do everything right, I will be painted with the same broad brush as the thugs and the frat boys.

Morganna
Oct 6, 2008, 10:23 PM
In my experience, females calling out other females for being "whores" can serve to accuse men as well as women. They say it out of bitterness that they think that men only want sex rather than accepting not getting sex from a woman. I am not saying that's what you are saying, I do not presume to read your mind, but I think that's what most women mean when they call out other women for being whores.

Sidney
Oct 7, 2008, 12:32 AM
In my experience, females calling out other females for being "whores" can serve to accuse men as well as women. They say it out of bitterness that they think that men only want sex rather than accepting not getting sex from a woman. I am not saying that's what you are saying, I do not presume to read your mind, but I think that's what most women mean when they call out other women for being whores.

I get bitter, because I realize that even if I do everything right, I will be painted with the same broad brush as the thugs and the frat boys.

You realize pretty much all of your posts have been "painting women with a broad brush" of generalizations, right? To be honest, your posts are almost as hilarious as Inazuma's because of the hypocrisy. :lol: I would stop now before you end up sticking your foot further up your mouth.

You are my hero, TheOneHero! :lol: How very rare you are in this thread! Lyrix is a good friend of mine, and I guarantee you he is also capable of controlling his thoughts. Thank you for respecting women, and realizing that each of us are individuals and do not have the dating habits discussed in this thread universally embedded into our genetic code. :) The same applies to men as well.

The_Gio
Oct 7, 2008, 12:44 AM
So Morganna, your just tired of all the sexism that goes around right? who isnt tired of it? sexism doesnt always have to be man to woman, it could be like you said, women thinking their superior just because they feel victimized. Me personally, im tired of things like that too, only thing we can do is better ourselves having this knowledge and just living our life like that. I treat women completely equally and i just get looked at like a freak , then I try to be a gentlemen since they're not cool with men/women equal rights, and they just look at me like an even bigger freak lol, truth is...not everything is going to be nice, sure everyone around can encourage and even teach good morals, but what kind of life would that be?...i really kind of believe that ying and yang thing where if theres something good, there has to be a negative to it. The only reason I believe this deeply is cuz theres never a situation with me whether it being personal or not,that never has a catch.

Also if everything is perfect, whats the point of living? a lot of us see the point of living as something to better society in any or our own way

your more on humanity and sexism. Unfortunately you cant speak for women unless your one yourself...no you cant, no matter how many female friends you have, and even if you were female, everything you say still wouldnt be true. Its like saying all men think about is sex, which is about 75% for all men, but look at me im living proof that we all dont:D.

It seems that relationship questions and personal life questions seem to bring out everyone lol, first my post about relationships ends up turning into an argument about morals and i dont see this going down a different road

Morganna
Oct 7, 2008, 01:35 AM
You realize pretty much all of your posts have been "painting women with a broad brush" of generalizations, right? To be honest, your posts are almost as hilarious as Inazuma's because of the hypocrisy. :lol: I would stop now before you end up sticking your foot further up your mouth.

So...speaking to me in a haughty, condescending, and laughingly dismissive tone disproves my views how? You are the sort of woman I speak of, that seem to think they are literally the best thing that ever happened to the universe simply for being born female.

And Gio, yes, I try to take a shot at the big picture, not neccesarily the narrow view of things that are presented in an original post.

Morganna
Oct 7, 2008, 01:38 AM
Also...I want clarification on what "controlling thoughts" means. If one acts like a perfect gentleman in every possible way, is that not enough?

Sidney
Oct 7, 2008, 01:47 AM
So...speaking to me in a haughty, condescending, and laughingly dismissive tone disproves my views how? You are the sort of woman I speak of, that seem to think they are literally the best thing that ever happened to the universe simply for being born female.

I'm sorry, but your posts speak for themselves. I'm simply pointing out the obvious. It's kind of ridiculous that you get up on your soapbox and complain, "I'm a man, I don't want to be generalized based on stereotypes of my gender", bring up discrimination of your gender, yet proceed smear stereotypes, sweeping generalizations and judgments upon all women.

And I think I have the right to speak to you like I did, especially after you condescendingly spoke down upon my whole gender. My advice to you: don't judge a woman before you know her. We are individuals and are not all the same. Having XX chromosomes does not make us all act the same way in dating scnearios, so cut it with the sweeping statements. Don't let your bad experiences with a handful of women affect your views on 50% of the Earth's population.

Oh, and thank you for your Freudian analysis of me. It was quite entertaining!

Morganna
Oct 7, 2008, 01:56 AM
Wow, you really think you can take the high road after you cattily said "lol it's a stereotyping pity party?" as though to mock men for having difficulties in finding romance? Mistakes were made, yes. It would be more accurate for me to say "Society allows/encourages women to do a certain thing," thus pointing to societies tolerance of females stereotyping males and whatnot. In any case, it is never right to be anything less than perfectly civil and polite to anyone for any reason.

Sidney
Oct 7, 2008, 02:08 AM
It is a stereotyping pity-party. Instead of taking a good look at yourselves, thinking about what behaviors you might be doing to push the women around you away, the majority of men in this thread have decided that it's somehow a whole gender's fault they cannot find a mate. It's a cop-out. And yes, women do it, too. Somehow, your dating woes are all about a whole gender's issues, not your own personal ones; and that's supposed to make sense? Not all women are like you label them to be, and it's attitudes like yours, where nothing in your love-life is your fault, that probably pushes the women around you away.

I guarantee that almost every person's dating issues lie within themselves and how they handle situations, not in a gender or any other excuses they can bring up. "Men are pigs" or "women are all needy whores" are both equally deplorable statements thrown out by both genders.

Also, I choose to give my respect to people who deserve it, thanks.

Kent
Oct 7, 2008, 02:43 AM
All generalizations are wrong.

It is pretty saddening when people end up with horrible, abusive partners because "jerks/wild people seem like more fun," and then, as it turns out, it's a core part of their personality that makes the results dire for the partner. It's very unfortunate, especially when it happens to good people.

On the other hand, however... You don't learn from doing things right. That's not to say that everyone learns from doing things "wrong," either. :/

Morganna
Oct 7, 2008, 03:11 AM
It is a stereotyping pity-party. Instead of taking a good look at yourselves, thinking about what behaviors you might be doing to push the women around you away, the majority of men in this thread have decided that it's somehow a whole gender's fault they cannot find a mate. It's a cop-out. And yes, women do it, too. Somehow, your dating woes are all about a whole gender's issues, not your own personal ones; and that's supposed to make sense? Not all women are like you label them to be, and it's attitudes like yours, where nothing in your love-life is your fault, that probably pushes the women around you away.

I guarantee that almost every person's dating issues lie within themselves and how they handle situations, not in a gender or any other excuses they can bring up. "Men are pigs" or "women are all needy whores" are both equally deplorable statements thrown out by both genders.

Also, I choose to give my respect to people who deserve it, thanks.

If we are going to be equal, let us put it another way.

If a woman has trouble getting a man, they should think about what behaviors they might be doing to push the men around them away.

Sidney
Oct 7, 2008, 03:33 AM

I think I made it very clear in my last post that this was something done by both genders.

Morganna
Oct 7, 2008, 03:42 AM
Not really. Like me, you made lip service to accusing your own gender as well as the other, but spent most of your words accusing mainly men. The point was to see if you would accuse your own gender with exactly the same sternness as you accuse the other.

Sidney
Oct 7, 2008, 03:55 AM
I only used men as the main example because it was your behavior, as well as few other male opinions in this thread, I was addressing. Really, you're just pulling at straws now and it's getting rather pathetic. I made it clear as day that this is a cross-gender issue. Men were used as my main example being as it was a direct reply to you, a male, and the situation in this particular thread (read: men complaining about their luck with women). It could easily be reversed, and my message was to that of both genders. Notice the gender neutral terms in the second paragraph, the use of the word "deplorable" describing the excuses "both genders" like to use, as well as constant references that it could go either way.

Morganna
Oct 7, 2008, 04:46 AM
Well if that's what you were doing, then it was what I was doing too. I think men have a lot of problems too, it's just that the focus here is on women, so yes I will talk more about women than about men.

Sidney
Oct 7, 2008, 04:56 AM

The difference you cannot seem to grasp is that I didn't say sweeping statements about the male gender. I was specifically talking you and a select number of other males in this thread. It only applies to you, not the whole male gender. You were talking about all women. Big difference. Make. Assumptions. About. Individuals. Not. The. Whole. Gender.

This is about as productive as having a debate with Inazuma. You just don't get it. Consider it over, hun.

Ryna
Oct 7, 2008, 06:53 AM
Since this thread has deviated significantly from the OP's post, I am going to lock it.