PDA

View Full Version : Game PSYOU

TalHex
Oct 2, 2008, 04:12 PM
i'm going to be on for a bit if anybody wants to join me,

universe 2, doing the mission Lightning beasts, on Parum if anybody wants to join me

my character is Sasha Darkwalker

Tact
Oct 2, 2008, 04:16 PM
Wait, you're playing Lightning Beasts and not White Beast? *gasps*

Moo2u
Oct 2, 2008, 04:19 PM
PS...MEEEE?!

TalHex
Oct 2, 2008, 04:22 PM
Wait, you're playing Lightning Beasts and not White Beast? *gasps*

ah, i hate white beast, its annoying, long, ends with a boss battle (lol dragon recolor) and you don't get crap for Job Points (or whatever they are called) its not worth my time

Tact
Oct 2, 2008, 04:29 PM
I suppose the only reason people play that mission is for leveling up their Photon Arts, then. :wacko:

Kard
Oct 2, 2008, 04:46 PM
WB actually drops S ranks like candy, good MPs and fast runs due to being so easy, and as of late the increased drop rate boost from GBR made it even more attractive. These days WB is empty, I guess since almost everyone got everything from it and then some, yet the new mission, Bladed Legacy isn't seeing much action either. Then again, drops in that are bugged! There aren't really any 'hotspots' now, really. ":3

If you're on long enough, Talon, I'll join you in like 30 mins. I've been leveling my PM all day. Mind if she tags along ?:3

TalHex
Oct 2, 2008, 04:48 PM
i might be on that long, and sure she can come, i just need one more class level till i can finally use a different class

edit: i'm doing scarred planet now

Tact
Oct 2, 2008, 04:52 PM
I'm playing the mission called Make Fun of The Game. :wacko:

Wait...dammit, The Game! I lost!

Kard
Oct 2, 2008, 04:55 PM
I'm playing the mission called Make Fun of The Game. :wacko:

Wait...dammit, The Game! I lost!
As someone who's played a lot of both (even though most of my PSO braincells have died out due to time) it seems kind of silly to make fun of one and not the other, given that both games fail pretty hard when compared to other ORPGs. .-. I've had good times with both games, but in the grand scheme of things they're both pretty "lol".

Tact
Oct 2, 2008, 05:04 PM
Oh, it's definitely possible to make fun of Phantasy Star Universe without making fun of Phantasy Star Online. I think I remember Ian calling Phantasy Star Universe "a dress-up game with a monster-killing minigame on the side."

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2008, 05:24 PM
Apples to oranges, etc.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 2, 2008, 05:25 PM
I tried to join you, but it appears you left. :disapprove:

Kard
Oct 2, 2008, 05:40 PM
Oh, it's definitely possible to make fun of Phantasy Star Universe without making fun of Phantasy Star Online. I think I remember Ian calling Phantasy Star Universe "a dress-up game with a monster-killing minigame on the side."
PSO could be described as the same, but with less character customization options and environments, but more hax!

And given that description, I'd figure you'd be all over PSU for the ability to play dress-up, Tactcat.

TalHex
Oct 2, 2008, 05:49 PM
nah PSO is more like slaughter-fest

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2008, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately, the monsters have a better chance of doing the slaughtering. :disapprove:

Kard
Oct 2, 2008, 06:04 PM
Haxfest? Yes, but to be fair PSO didn't have half the competition for online space as PSU, so people took to it anyway. :3 Too bad PSU didn't bring anything new to the table, but, that's what MMOs are for! Being unoriginal~

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2008, 06:08 PM
I think PSO had more players, IIRC. (Though I probably don't)

It was only hax if you let it be hax. (Lawl private server)

Kard, did you even play PSO?

TalHex
Oct 2, 2008, 06:12 PM
pso had a lot more weapons too (i'm sorry but pretty much every weapon in PSU up to high level rank A is the same... weapon over and over again...)

Kard
Oct 2, 2008, 06:20 PM
I said I did play it in a previous post. I didn't play longer than a couple months, and only had a lv90 RAmarl at the highest.

And the notion of private servers in itself is lol enough; it means the player base sees a severe enough problem with the official servers (monthly fees they refuse to pay especially) to abandon them and take things into their own hands.

I'm pretty sure PSO did have more players, but I outlined already what I think is a good reason for that. Keep in mind, I like both games, but I see them as one in the same in terms of quality, really.

What I was trying to point out earlier to Tact is that right here, in a Phantasy Star community, the players split temselves into PSO vs PSU and hate on each other, while there is a silent minority who like both. Yet, mention either game in a general gaming forum, next to other O/MMORPGs and you'll find that both games were and are pretty low on most peoples' totem poles of fun/quality. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but to me the PSO vs PSU stuff is strangely hilarious.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2008, 06:31 PM
I like them both, but I can't play PSU until I get a better computer and some steady money. ;-;

Private servers could also be seen as some kind of worship or tribute. It's been 8-9 years since PSO came out, and even though official servers are down, there's STILL private servers. That doesn't seem like anything is "wrong", per se, that just sounds like people weren't able to let go.

But, that's also the problem, is that a lot of PSO players can't let go of PSO, and they think that PSU is "teh sukkorz" because it ain't PSO.

I can't wait for PSZ to come out, that'll be some interesting debates.

TalHex
Oct 2, 2008, 06:37 PM
heh indeed there are already debates starting

Tact
Oct 2, 2008, 06:42 PM
And given that description, I'd figure you'd be all over PSU for the ability to play dress-up, Tactcat.

I only do that if the clothes in question give me better abilities. If it's purely for aesthetics, it's most likely the last thing on my mind.

Kard
Oct 2, 2008, 06:43 PM
[edit] OK I need to start quoting shit to avoid losing out to ninjaposts. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/bakadl/Misc/ooooh.gif

I pretty much agree with all of that (Nitro's post). Nostalgia - it's a killer.

I didn't think about private servers existing after the official ones went down, so that's one thing. If they were around while the real servers still existed, however, then that's where I find the fault.

Larian
Oct 3, 2008, 02:08 AM
Oh yeah...Now you guys go and play when I go off to work! >(

Chuck_Norris
Oct 3, 2008, 03:04 AM
GODDAMNIT, GUYS! What have I told you about being serious here?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A88LqSoHySQ&feature=related
inb4ysosryspicture

Meyfei
Oct 3, 2008, 09:30 AM
LOL i am SOOO showing that to my friend.

oh and, damnit! curse me and my inability to multitask between psu and pso-world :(

-getting on now... :D cant wait till 6-8pm for the endless nightmare runs (more info in the match up forum)-

TalHex
Oct 3, 2008, 06:51 PM
i might get on when i get home (15-30 minutes from now), i'll probably be doing runs trying to get to phantom fissure

Nitro Vordex
Oct 4, 2008, 01:30 AM
GODDAMNIT, GUYS! What have I told you about being serious here?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A88LqSoHySQ&feature=related
inb4ysosryspicture
/suicide

Moo2u
Oct 4, 2008, 11:04 AM
I feel I should say something witty here....let's just pretend I did.

TalHex
Oct 4, 2008, 11:12 AM
*witty comment*

ha! awesome

pikachief
Oct 4, 2008, 01:52 PM
I only do that if the clothes in question give me better abilities. If it's purely for aesthetics, it's most likely the last thing on my mind.

i've always hated that!

i dont like these clothes they're ugly.

but they're the best things u should be wearing!

but its ugly! no way its cool, i think its ugly tho >:{

too bad. :(

TalHex
Oct 4, 2008, 02:15 PM
maybe when you got new clothes it gave you a set amount of points which you could add to different attributes of your own choosing but every outfit had the same number of points...

Meyfei
Oct 6, 2008, 08:49 AM
Talon, lets meet up! :D
i'll be Doing runs on Rawrie for abit lineer line, and upto fakis.
if i'm not there, i'll most likely be in my room on Meyfei.
or Leave me a message on my bulletin, with you location and i'll catchup :D

Kard
Oct 6, 2008, 08:59 AM
Talon it's all a scheme! He will make you drunk and steal your knuckles! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/bakadl/Misc/ooooh.gif

Meyfei
Oct 6, 2008, 09:12 AM
xD

i'm getting on right now, so i wont be able to post/view for abit.

:( still want a massive FKL meeting in da Club :D free A ranks for all

pikachief
Oct 6, 2008, 10:51 AM
xD

i'm getting on right now, so i wont be able to post/view for abit.

:( still want a massive FKL meeting in da Club :D free A ranks for all

i'd join but i have seem to have lost my PC PSU disc -_-

and i dont think your all on 360 lol

Meyfei
Oct 6, 2008, 07:09 PM
just got my new router, now i can post and play at same time

TalHex
Oct 6, 2008, 08:03 PM
i might get on tomorrow, my brain is all fried tonight...

Tact
Oct 6, 2008, 08:27 PM
Tomorrow, I will be playing S4 again. :wacko:

I hope the Sonic Bat and Heavy Machine Gun are going to be in the game now.

Larian
Oct 6, 2008, 10:16 PM
just got my new router, now i can post and play at same time

Yay! =D

Meyfei
Oct 7, 2008, 05:56 PM
talon, larian wanna do some runs with me?

i'm not sure what your lvl is talon but, i'm gussing we could do an S2 run, i got the lobby also incase you two dont.

3 luck FTW

TalHex
Oct 7, 2008, 06:03 PM
can't, i've got homework

Kard
Oct 7, 2008, 08:55 PM
lol, you mean no one wants to run unprofitable Mad Creatures C runs with me to level my PM quick-like? Aww. ;3

Naa I wouldn't subject anyone to that. I have like 80 more runs to go. >.>

Larian
Oct 7, 2008, 09:08 PM
Ive been playing the heck outta the flash games in the arcade...Ill try to psu thursday evening...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 8, 2008, 09:54 PM
PS...MEEEE?!
PSMOO doesn't sucks!

Meyfei
Oct 10, 2008, 10:00 AM
I'll be trying to lv my beast, if you wanna join me i'll be glad to have the company

TalHex
Oct 10, 2008, 10:28 AM
sure i'll be glad to join you, where do you want to meet up?

Meyfei
Oct 10, 2008, 12:30 PM
I'm in Uni 2, Parum east. i'll be doing a few c/b runs. (char name: Rawrie)

TalHex
Oct 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
well i was going to join you but i got sucked into persona 3 again, sorry mayfei :wacko:

Meyfei
Oct 10, 2008, 04:31 PM
its all good xD i got stuck in a motherbrain run for 2hours >.< i bet the last 1h 30mins was actually during the MB boss.

if your able to come on, i'll be parum doing some runs with a friend on rawrie, or atleast to exchange cards :D

Kard
Oct 10, 2008, 04:41 PM
Too many blasted thunderstorms in my area to commit to playing anything. >.>

Meyfei
Oct 17, 2008, 12:46 AM
-Thunder strikes- ._. uhoh!
when ya get the chance lets do some hunting

Kard
Oct 17, 2008, 06:33 PM
At this point I no longer have the interest to play. :3

Larian
Oct 17, 2008, 06:43 PM
Oh noes!! Then in that case I will bomb your room with Rappy statues!! Mua ha ha!!!

Kard
Oct 17, 2008, 07:42 PM
>:/

FOCL

Meyfei
Oct 20, 2008, 07:47 PM
0.0 pudding is good

Tact
Oct 20, 2008, 08:48 PM
0.0 pudding is good

I will take your word for it. I have never had this "pudding" stuff myself. :wacko:

Meyfei
Oct 20, 2008, 08:49 PM
just wait till u try jell:o

TalHex
Oct 20, 2008, 08:51 PM
jell:o

stoner jello

Meyfei
Oct 21, 2008, 11:56 AM
hey, talon, if your on anytime soon. im hunting a p-wand: duel sentinel and at sleeping warriors. :( i need your card still. at this very moment im by duel sentinel.

TalHex
Oct 21, 2008, 11:57 AM
gah wish i could but i have a dentist appointment to go to soon, maybe when i get back, if i'm not to hooked on star ocean 1

Meyfei
Oct 21, 2008, 12:09 PM
ok, ill e on all day.... this on screen KBoard is kinda annoyun lol
(got a friend to syth me my storm line came out 42% dark)