PDA

View Full Version : Can we expect a UK/US release?

RachaelH
Oct 3, 2008, 05:31 PM
With a Japanese release estimate of 'Winter 2008' can we expect a release outside of Japan the following year?

Niered
Oct 3, 2008, 05:47 PM
I would be extremely surprised if we didnt get a release date from sega of america for this within the next month to two months. If I had to geuss the date, US might be lucky enough to get a 2nd quarter release?

Saphion
Oct 3, 2008, 06:40 PM
From EspioKao's translated interview with Satoshi Sakai (Found here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2145977&postcount=360).)

Q: What is the sales point of PS0 toward PSO Ep.I&II fans?
A: Whether playing alone or as a group of four, we want people to know they can play with others around the world all the time. And even though the world of this game is different, we hope that it still evokes feelings of nostalgia and brings back fond memories.

So we at least know, as of right now, it is SEGA's intention to release it worldwide.

||Reaper
Oct 4, 2008, 12:20 PM
We can definitely expect a release sometime early next year. With the great sales numbers of Phantasy Star Portable in Japan and the big DS market here in the states it's only a matter of time until both the games get release outside of Japan.

pikachief
Oct 4, 2008, 01:33 PM
PSU and AotI were both released here 2 months from the JP, the worse case scenario is getting the date ANNOUNCED two months after the JP release :) lol

SubstanceD
Oct 10, 2008, 05:24 AM
I'm still waiting for Phantasy Star Portable on the PSP to get an International release date and that game has been out in Japan for months now.

Still, I see no reason why Sega won't release both games in the US and the UK somewhre down the line. Suerly Sega has to realise that there is a demand for a portable PSU and a portable PSO.