PDA

View Full Version : Legits MUST survive

PRINCE-MALIK
Feb 1, 2003, 11:08 PM
Lately I have been seeing people giving up on pso because of Dupers (BOO,HISS!) BUT AS OTHERS have already stated everyday,dupers are becoming less numerous,and sites are being created to protect people from dupers. WE the Legits can help this cause by reporting dupers on only Legit Sites.We must not let dupers stop us from enjoying this game.

Guile
Feb 2, 2003, 12:25 AM
Fight tha power!
Cuz Prince is just 2 legit 2 quit!

..yeah I said...

Elixer
Feb 2, 2003, 01:09 AM
agreed we have to stop dupers and cheaters from messing up pso online

Wewt
Feb 2, 2003, 01:45 AM
Yeah... let's report them, let's show them who they are. Very mature.

Guile
Feb 2, 2003, 02:59 AM
It's all about reporting! even know it won't do anything

TeamPhalanx
Feb 2, 2003, 07:55 AM
I haven't seen any legits quit because of duping.

PRINCE-MALIK
Feb 2, 2003, 09:54 AM
Then you must be blind Phalanx http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif cuz I have.

Wewt
Feb 2, 2003, 10:40 AM
Good. I hope more like them leave. Those are the ones that will just carry on whining if they still played.

War_Child
Feb 2, 2003, 11:19 AM
You crazy cheaters are going to turn PSO into the shithole that is battle.net again -_-

Guile
Feb 3, 2003, 09:21 PM
Maybe if people focused more on the game and not just picking sides or quiting over something that does'nt directly do anything to them...the game would be a lot better..

REPORT!!!

TeamPhalanx
Feb 3, 2003, 10:23 PM
On 2003-02-02 06:54, PRINCE-MALIK wrote:
Then you must be blind Phalanx http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif cuz I have.

Care to name some of these "legits" that have quit because of cheating?

The thing that comes with being legit is putting in more time to build your character and spending countless hours searching for an item you want. The type of person that would do such things doesn't seem to me the type that would just quit because of others. Basically, I question whether or not they were legit in the first place; I also question their reasons/motivations behind being legit.

Darkmage13
Feb 4, 2003, 12:31 AM
On 2003-02-02 08:19, War_Child wrote:
You crazy cheaters are going to turn PSO into the shithole that is battle.net again -_-

Battle.net doesn't suck cause of cheaters, it sucks cause the average IQ of it's players are somewhere around room temperature. Battle.net also actually does something about cheaters.

PRINCE-MALIK
Feb 4, 2003, 04:33 PM
On 2003-02-03 19:23, TeamPhalanx wrote:

On 2003-02-02 06:54, PRINCE-MALIK wrote:

Care to name some of these "legits" that have quit because of cheating?

The thing that comes with being legit is putting in more time to build your character and spending countless hours searching for an item you want. The type of person that would do such things doesn't seem to me the type that would just quit because of others. Basically, I question whether or not they were legit in the first place; I also question their reasons/motivations behind being legit.

No Phalanx I do not care to name some of these "legits".You do not have to question people's reasons behind being legit because some people (like me)are just like that and do not like cheating.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 4, 2003, 06:11 PM
Wow, I'm shocked...

Again, I find it strange that none of the legits I know have stopped playing.

I question the reasons, beacuse... how should I put it...

Odds are those quitters were never legit in the first place. For that matter, the majority calling themselves legit now (the new "converts") ain't legit. It just seems like they just call themselves that for the heck of it.

The legits out there have solid foundations/reasons behind being legit, and none, including myself, would quit because of the numerous cheating. If that was true, we wouldn't being playing the game now since we would have quit during v2.

Remnant
Feb 4, 2003, 06:42 PM
Not sure of any legits quitting, most of the quitting, I guess, is probably from people who spent so much time leveling up their character(s) and then lose everything to corruption.

If I cared that much I would've quit at version I, but then at that time I accepted them gladly. I know better now, I know how boring it made the game, not to mention how it F_cked up my level 100 character (whom I did level up legitimately). I had some of the rare mags, one being a Soniti, I hate that freakin' mag now...after feeding it a three times, to level up synchro, my character's stats went from highs to Negatives! <sigh> I made another character, got up to about level 75 and began to hate the game. Quit then deleted him because i hated it so much. All the sickening problems online, I really hope this version doesn't become like it's predecessors...

Merlose
Feb 4, 2003, 06:44 PM
OMFG...another one of these?! When are people going to figure it out? THERE IS NOTHING that the people playing pso are going to be able to do to stop cheating. its going to be around for a long long time..prolly till the end of this game...and ill put my money on things eventually getting worse. If that's enough to make you leave, then u might as well do it, cuz it shows u have no dedication to the game. If u know ANYTHING, u should know that u can put passwords on your games to keep cheaters out. If that's not good enough for you, just ignore dupers, it's what i do. Being legit..im not even going to bother playing with any cheaters, because they're never, no matter how hard u try, going to be impressed with the hard work its taken to level your character up, and find the items you have. When all of the legits, including myself, finally face up to the fact that whining is only going to make u look like a pussy and get u made fun of, everything will be better off. Why du think cheating survives? Cuz certain legit ppl keep bitching and whining like its actually going to make a difference...when all it really amounts to is giving ppl a good laugh. Think about it, you see more legit ppl whining about cheaters than you see cheaters whining about legit ppl...i mean dont take me wrong..i hate cheating and i wish it had never been borne onto pso, but it has, and the sooner u learn to just deal w/ it, the fewer bitchers, moaners, and back and forth flame wars there's going to be.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 4, 2003, 07:54 PM
On 2003-02-04 15:44, Merlose wrote:...Why du think cheating survives? Cuz certain legit ppl keep bitching and whining like its actually going to make a difference...

Oh, and here I thought it was because certain people are just greedy and willing to take "shortcuts" in order to obtain what they want. I guess I'm the stupid one.

Merlose
Feb 4, 2003, 09:00 PM
Sure, that's the start of it Phal, but is it gonna end? prolly not...and what good does whining do? prolly makes them think they're above us. (dont get me wrong...i agree w/ your correction...and i wish above all else that there was NO cheating in pso, but trying to tell em otherwise and whine and bitch and moan like a lot of ppl do, is not the answer.)

Raist
Feb 4, 2003, 09:07 PM
On 2003-02-04 18:00, Merlose wrote:
Sure, that's the start of it Phal, but is it gonna end? prolly not...and what good does whining do? prolly makes them think they're above us. (dont get me wrong...i agree w/ your correction...and i wish above all else that there was NO cheating in pso, but trying to tell em otherwise and whine and bitch and moan like a lot of ppl do, is not the answer.)

Some newer players see duping and they think, "whoa cool, i can have any item in the game". Sometimes they dont realise why it can be bad a bad thing and reading these posts lets them know it. If we just stood back and said nothing cheating would become even more acceptable. And I really doubt that cheaters look down on legits, thats just poor reasoning.

Merlose
Feb 4, 2003, 09:09 PM
cheaters don't look down on legits? hmmm...say that again next time u hear one of em say "weak ass legit" or nething else like that. it's not poor reasoning. its fact that a lot of them do.

Raist
Feb 4, 2003, 09:14 PM
On 2003-02-04 18:09, Merlose wrote:
cheaters don't look down on legits? hmmm...say that again next time u hear one of em say "weak ass legit" or nething else like that. it's not poor reasoning. its fact that a lot of them do.

Next time? I've never been called or heard anyone called a "weak ass legit" and phrases like that would just be used to irritate. I doubt they actually feel any superiority because they can cheat, and if they do it's misplaced and very sad but there is no way I'd stop protesting cheating just because it makes a few people feel superior.

Merlose
Feb 4, 2003, 09:23 PM
How does protesting help against it? A lot of it depends on the kind of person playing the game too, if they were lured into pso by its popularity, and they're used to playing short quick games, they're probably more likely to look for the quicker easier way to power in pso, right? i myself like to take my time, no matter what lvl the character is, cuz i just enjoy playing. If the new to pso person is an rpg fan, they're probably used to the length, and would frown upon cheating.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 4, 2003, 09:26 PM
I really don't know what the true intent of this post is. I don't believe for a moment that any legit would quit because of rampant cheating. I never considered, and I've never even heard of any other legit doing such a thing.

Dupers thinking they're above legits? That's... I doubt their ego is that inflated, although, I've come across a lot of idiots. Cheaters know that cheating... well, is cheating. I can only assume that that's the reason why they consistantly claim their items to be legit; not too long ago I was offered the "only legit DARK BRIDGE" in all of PSO - I found it to be both funny and insulting.

In any case, I don't care what cheaters think; they're a bunch of greedy/stupid kids who can even being to understand the simple concept of not taking shortcuts. (their behaviors support this)

It sounds ridiculous, but this "new wave" of legits gets on my nerve even more. They don't seem to have any solid foundation for being a legit, and like the cheaters, don't seem to understand the basics. It's not surprising that they turn out to be fakes and eventually turn back to cheating. Remember all those DC cheaters saying how they'll be legit when GC PSO came out? I certainly do.

RuneLateralus
Feb 4, 2003, 09:29 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!

Keep these personal shots down alright?

Merlose
Feb 4, 2003, 09:29 PM
Hmmm....can't disagree w/ nething there. Sides commenting that duping is easy enough to avoid. If ur legit, play w/ other legit ppl. If you're a cheater...stick w/ the cheaters, cuz u more than likely won't get ne respect or gratitude for joining a legit game.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 4, 2003, 09:35 PM
It's not that simple. I did exactly that in DC v2 and I was still affected by cheating. It all trickles down in the end.

Merlose
Feb 4, 2003, 09:37 PM
But what could we possibly do to fix it? I wish there was a simple answer..id be more than happy to help anyone that wanted to start a MAJOR movement against cheating, besides whining, which has from what i've seen done nothing.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 4, 2003, 09:50 PM
Who's whining? I just bash them hell out of them.

The only thing you can do is go by a player-by-player basis. Basically, educate new players before the cheaters get to them.

Raist
Feb 4, 2003, 09:56 PM
On 2003-02-04 18:26, TeamPhalanx wrote:
It sounds ridiculous, but this "new wave" of legits gets on my nerve even more. They don't seem to have any solid foundation for being a legit, and like the cheaters, don't seem to understand the basics.

Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I am fairly new to this site and I do claim to be legit. I just find a lil' resentment in being thought of as a poser because i wasn't proclaiming my legitimacy here years ago.

On 2003-02-04 18:37, Merlose wrote:
But what could we possibly do to fix it? I wish there was a simple answer..id be more than happy to help anyone that wanted to start a MAJOR movement against cheating, besides whining, which has from what i've seen done nothing.

Just imagine how bad duping would be if nobody ever complained about it. It'd be 10 times more an accepted practice.

Merlose
Feb 4, 2003, 10:01 PM
It prolly will be close to that neway, with AR coming out, but im no expert on that so im not going to go there. I've just never seen any turn in the way things have gone whether ppl complain or not, just that it gets the two groups going back and forth at each other...which is prolly unavoidable...so i dont even know why im typing this, cuz they're prolly gonna keep doing it neway, which is what gives me a headache, so i think im just gonna shut up and go play pso...

Raist
Feb 4, 2003, 10:05 PM
On 2003-02-04 19:01, Merlose wrote:
so i think im just gonna shut up and go play pso...

You mean your not right now?? Thats all i do while i post here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I guess i can't really say that it would be worse if nobody complained because thats completely hypothetical, but I'd imagine it'd be less frowned upon so people would do it more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-02-04 19:07 ]</font>

Merlose
Feb 4, 2003, 10:10 PM
and i completely agree with u, but it can get the legit player frowned upon AND laughed at too. Of course we all know that cheating involves no real power...just laziness(the bad kind http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

TeamPhalanx
Feb 4, 2003, 10:15 PM
On 2003-02-04 18:56, Raist wrote:
Not sure if this was directed at me or not...

I don't keep a list but if you've said...

Cheating doesn't hurt anyone...
(ignorant statement 101)

Partial/pure/etc. Legit...
(no such thing - either you're legit or you're not)

I've reformed...
(cheaters really do always cheat - doesn't apply if never aware of cheating situation to start with)

Let's make a legit clan...
(got to be kidding me)

You can't prove it was duped...
(Unless you have common sense)

Legits don't trade...
(ST is legit, and they put in a trade window!)

etc.

... then that comment was directed at you. If not, then it wasn't.

Raist
Feb 4, 2003, 10:22 PM
On 2003-02-04 19:15, TeamPhalanx wrote:
[quote]
Cheating doesn't hurt anyone...
(ignorant statement 101)

obviously not me

Partial/pure/etc. Legit...
(no such thing - either you're legit or you're not)

another nope

I've reformed...
(cheaters really do always cheat - doesn't apply if never aware of cheating situation to start with)

Dont quite agree with that, but i've never used dupes or cheated so hey not at me none the less.
But I do believe people can change there ways.

Let's make a legit clan...
(got to be kidding me)

I hate clan mentality online for any purpose.

You can't prove it was duped...
(Unless you have common sense)

only use what i find

Legits don't trade...
(ST is legit, and they put in a trade window!)

Again use only what i find, but if someone uses common sense in trading they can trade without getting illegitimate items.

Ok it wasn't at me, but you generalized pretty bad there saying that these "new" legits aren't really legit.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 4, 2003, 11:04 PM
They're not, and they're kidding themselves if they think they are.

Basically, I've seen this happen before, the most recent case being the DC to GC "converts." Ask around, or check out the (really) old posts. You'll see a lot of current cheaters saying that they'll be legit on the GC version when they cheated on the DC version.

A player has a choice. You can choose to ignore the negative effects of cheating, have the best items in the game, and have it easy time leveling up. Or you can choose to play the game as it was meant to be played and have a tough road ahead of you.

The latter is being legit. It's the more difficult road, and if there's no foundation for it, I don't see people sticking with it.

That's why I say I don't buy it when I hear about legits quitting because of cheating. If you're legit to start with, I don't see you as the quitting type. And I certainly don't believe that you actually thought that cheating wouldn't happen.

I can see a legit player quitting because of time constrictions, corruption, new interests, etc. but because of cheating? I've never seen that happen, and I doubt it'll ever happen.

Eum
Feb 4, 2003, 11:24 PM
I think it's amusing when people think "legit" is all about the items.

Seldom do people realize how by playing with someone who isn't legit, they're also crossing the line, as they're not obtaining the experience in a "legit" manner. If you see what I'm getting at...

Raist
Feb 4, 2003, 11:26 PM
On 2003-02-04 20:24, Vocal wrote:
I think it's amusing when people think "legit" is all about the items.

Seldom do people realize how by playing with someone who isn't legit, they're also crossing the line, as they're not obtaining the experience in a "legit" manner. If you see what I'm getting at...

I really dont think playing with people who are not legit makes you not legit. I mean really you'd have to shut yourself off from over 3/4s the pso community to remain legit. Now if you were rushing through Ultimate Ruins before you were ready to be there and having some fool with a Double Cannon take out all your enemies so you can get exp, then perhaps you'd be stepping on some toes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-02-04 20:30 ]</font>

Remnant
Feb 5, 2003, 12:02 AM
LMAO, After hearing people call themselves "Legit" over and over, it almost sounds like it's a religion. I am almost sure things will get worse, given isn't it. As for making a game with a password, I do believe there was a code to enter rooms with passwords...interesting, no? Enter a room and then nol everyone, why not, it's all in good fun, you'll never meet the person, it doesn't affect you.

question, if you keep your NOLed character and leveled her up to 100 and got NOLed again, would anything happen? =

"How the hell did you get into our passworded game!?"
"I don't know..."

AidaKensuke
Feb 19, 2003, 12:57 AM
Psh. I can say I'm not a legit player as I've taken items and MAGs from my old characters and put them on new ones. I mean, what? I don't own a Gamecube, all I have is a memory card. For how long now I've kept my old character (Nanami-HUceasel, may she be be put into sleep mode in peace) on a friend's card up to about level eighty-nine. I go out, buy a memory card, and suddenly realize...no way to transfer data. Blond moment, yes. But if that means I can't be a legitimate player by recreating a character and putting a level 150+ MAG on her and hope that nothing really changes, then I don't want to be titled after some elitist society.

DJ_Monkey
Feb 19, 2003, 08:49 PM
To those of you who think that "once a cheater, always a cheater", it's not true.

I admit; I cheated on v1. Then, I got banned, and realized that I did something wrong. I stopped playing PSO for months, and when I finally did get back on, I never played online. I just played offline, and I threw away my GS and swore never to cheat again.

It's been 18 months, and I still haven't broken the promise to myself. I realized how much damage it did to the game, and I didn't want to be part of it, nor do I want to be now.

Sometimes, people CAN be reformed. I won't go back on my promise, because I realize that I am having far more fun playing the game like it was meant.

Please, don't flame me.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 09:52 PM
Well, that goes in line with how the adage is usually used, that is, in reference to relationships. For the vast majority it hold true, but there are exceptions. (actually, from the relatioship perspective, I've never witnessed such a turnaround, but that I digress..)

Para
Feb 20, 2003, 09:20 PM
where i am playing pso online... theres many hackers -.-;;;
and these hackers all hack their lvl to 200 and hack for items -.-;;; but for some reason... they always forget about megid XD!!!

i go into a BA game and there were hackers... they didnt have dark resist realli so yeah =D

the_af
Feb 22, 2003, 03:30 AM
Alright. I've seen tons of these type of threads, and while i see how hacking the game, pking and such, could be very damaging to the game, why in the world do you guys care if a group of the less than 100% hardcore duplicate their items? i know i have dupes, it's blindingly obvious when you get one, people giving you 11 star rares for free, and the like. But seriously, i don't see the damage from duping. I see the damage from lower-intelligence gamers thinking they're all supercool and elite because they can use a duplicated item and own the entire 20 monsters in a room before anyone else gets in, but that is not a problem with the items, or the way the items were acquired. this is a problem with the people who play, with their only purpose being to show off and be cooler than everyone else. People, this is not a problem with someone exploiting a hole in a game. To most 'legits': please get over yourselves quickly. You are not any better than people who don't want to play for hundreds of hours just to get a rare weapon.
The problem, as is the case with most things in life, is how people act in situations. Annoying, immature gamerkiddies will still be annoying, immature gamerkiddies whether they have their (insert common duped item here)+200 or not. It sucks that this hole is there to exploit, and that it hasn't been stopped yet, as it goes counter to the rules of the game, but PLEASE. Dupers and legits alike, get over yourselves. Play the game. Have fun. Let everyone else play the game and have fun.

If this is offensive or inflammatory to anyone, simply PM me, and i'll delete it near-instantaneously. But read it first.

Vantamiath
Feb 22, 2003, 03:57 AM
On 2003-02-04 21:02, Remnant wrote:
LMAO, After hearing people call themselves "Legit" over and over, it almost sounds like it's a religion. I am almost sure things will get worse, given isn't it. As for making a game with a password, I do believe there was a code to enter rooms with passwords...interesting, no? Enter a room and then nol everyone, why not, it's all in good fun, you'll never meet the person, it doesn't affect you.

After reading this twice I decided to break some windows.

You're obviously referring to the DC version, but statements like this can really piss a guy off. I dont think you understand how much time and effort goes into raising a legitimate character, and deleting anyone as a joke is just fucking wrong.

I also love how you claim that being an asshole is all in good fun, because afterall, your not going to meet any of this people right?

halfmex
Feb 22, 2003, 10:13 AM
Ok, here we go.

First, IMO duping is something that has become a reality in every version of PSO I've played (v1, v2 and GC). At first, I was wholly against duping because I thought, as many people here seem to, that it would cheapen the experience of my game and therby ruin it for me. As I progressed, however, I realized that as good a game as this is, Sonic Team desperately needed to fix the drop rates. On my old v1 character, I spent more than 300 hours looking for even halfway decent rares. Y'know what I found? One flame visit and two Photon Claws. Now I was Purplenum and back in v1, that ID sucked much ass. But still, the issue of not balancing out the finds to even a decent degree made me wonder "why bother"? So of course, I turned to a duper to help me out. Did it cheapen my experience? Nope. Know why? Cause 300 hours of my life were gone and I had nothing to show for it. The drop rate in v2 wasn't much better (until you got to ultimate and found nice v1 rares which were good for absolutely nothing at that time). Finally, with the GC version I thought, hey, they'll fix the drop rate this time. And admittedly, it's much better than it was, so I have no need to seek dupers out (although through trades I have acquired some duped items). But I still find myself searching for one or two items that I really want and replaying the same quest over and over 'til I find it.

Now some people find the allure in this game to be playing online with many people. I did as well, until FSOD came back into the situation. Am I going to risk a 129 lvl character, and three other lvl 60+ characters just to do Challenge Mode? Hell no. I've seen plenty of posts w/people who got FSOD'ed 5 or 6 times in one night! C'mon people, that is shoddy programming at its worst. So now, I'm mostly offline, only going online for trades.

I can't imagine being "legit" and spending 150 hours in ultimate mode looking for Yasha (or some other equally rare item), finally finding it, then losing it to FSOD. And that's if you're lucky. You could lose every character on your memory card! Sure, you could get another card and only take those characters online, but why should you have to? Think about that. Think of all those hours of your life you're never getting back. If that's your cup of tea, more power to you. I'll take being a "cheater" (using/trading the items I find and trading for a dupe here and there) than getting hosed by Sonic Teams shoddy programming/lack of server maintenance any day.

Flame on.

Tigger
Feb 22, 2003, 12:50 PM
On 2003-02-22 00:30, the_af wrote:
but PLEASE. Dupers and legits alike, get over yourselves.

I whole heartedly agree with this statement. Everyone has to come to grips with the fact that for as many "legitimate" players there are out there, there will be plenty of cheaters. I don't care much for dupers, but in the same respect I don't care much for "legits" that think they're all high and mighty and better then everyone else because they play the game a certian way.

I really don't see the cheaters driving me off of PSO in the near future, what I do see driving me away are the constant petty arguements between "legits" and being a cheater.

malinko
Feb 22, 2003, 03:37 PM
Its pretty easy for me to avoid dupe-using people (does dupe exist since dbl save?) and anyone who quits cuz of dupes is pretty sad... I've yet to see 1 person quit from duping.

MysticalFusion
Feb 23, 2003, 03:36 AM
I quit for a while! but now i am back infact i am going to renew my hunters license in the morn and get back online!

I am all legit, exept i think i may be using a non legit weapon, not sure. anyway. Hope to see you guys online.

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 23, 2003, 09:45 PM
Excuse me but this is a post i should have been on since last weekend
on Vega both Saturady and Sundayi was attack
i heard
"there are no more Legits PSOers"
"the only people that are Legit are N00bs because the don't have anything"
"your a ITems Sl*t"

by the way i got called a Item Sl*t because all my Equips (4 items including mag) were rare and rather nice ones
i am a Legit i am Also a DCer. Whats going on in Vega have they all gone Mad?
i've almost lost faith in the PSO Community
how come there aren't more peopel like you playing
how come people don't care
on a side note friday i did meet a former Dupper from the DC (the good old days PKing Player induced SOD *sighs* i'd go back if i could maybe)
i wasn't able to play PSO online for the full run can anyone clue me in on what happened that was worst that what i've explain and what might (is) going to happen to the GC PSO community?
"should i stop playing PSO for the interaction and focus on the Game Play?"

TeamPhalanx
Feb 23, 2003, 11:05 PM
On 2003-02-22 09:50, Tigger wrote:
...I don't care much for "legits" that think they're all high and mighty and better then everyone else because they play the game a certian way...

That's probably because we are. Wow, where to start this incredibly easy argument... How about I start & end it with one sentence?

We do not cheat

Gosh, a group of people that don't cheat vs a group of people that do... So hard to determine who's doing the right thing and who's not. So hard to determine whom ST favors.

For those that don't get it, here's a short story.

Two people are having a conversation. One person is a fan of Metroid Prime and the other is a fan of PSO.

It took me forever, but I managed to unlock everything in Metroid

Really? Must have taken you a while.

Oh boy, don't get me started. It took forever to memorize the quickest routes and find all the secret locations. But, I feel sorta proud of what I managed to do.

Yeah, it's not easy playing legit.

Legit? What the heck are you talking about?

You know, not cheating and stuff.

Eh?

Well, in PSO, the players that don't cheat are called legits.

Wait, let me get this straight. You're telling me that the people that actually play the game as the creators meant it to be played get labeled as legits?

Well... yes.

(laughing) That's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard. I mean, I love Metroid Prime, and just play the game as it is. So, if I play PSO the same way I play Metroid, I would be called a legit?!?

Um... yeah.

(continues to laugh)

The End

If you don't get it now, you probably never will.

the_af
Feb 23, 2003, 11:18 PM
as i fear this topic is in imminent danger of being locked, i'll restate my opinion one last time. This is not, NOT, NOT about items, gameplay, metroid prime, how big your 'rumble pak' is, or anything else related. It's about 'legits' putting themselves up on a pedestal for simply playing a game. You are not better than a guy that doesn't. You're not better than ANYONE. infact, i'd almost say that by being so amazingly, impenetrably stuck up, you're WORSE than others. 'The last legit' is insulting to everyone that has never ever glanced past these forums, and just has a nice time playing. I'll say it again, dupers and legits, get over yourselves. It's arrogance and elitism that destroys communities. Nothing else.

Tigger
Feb 23, 2003, 11:22 PM
Its not that I don't get it, on the contrary I do. In fact I understand both arguements, and I favor playing legitamately, but I'm not going to impose my values on other people. Especially if I realize they're just not going to listen to me, which is what this is really all about.

Whats the point of wasting energy and words on someone that's just not going to listen to you? (which I'm probably doing right now) I certianly don't think I'm better then anyone else because I choose to play the game a certian way.

We have the cheaters that are completely set on their ways, and the legits who are set on theirs. They both think they're right, when really its all the repetetive arguements bringing the mood of the overall community down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tigger on 2003-02-23 20:25 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Feb 23, 2003, 11:25 PM
lol, (shockingly) obviously, you don't get it. I'll make it simpler. Ask yourself 3 questions:

1) Is cheating right or wrong?

2) Do my actions affect others?

3) Why are there no legits in Metroid Prime and several other games?

I'd bet the legit players out there know the answers to these.

Tigger
Feb 23, 2003, 11:30 PM
On 2003-02-23 20:25, TeamPhalanx wrote:
lol, (shockingly) obviously, you don't get it. I'll make it simpler. Ask yourself 3 questions:

1) Is cheating right or wrong?

2) Do my actions affect others?

3) Why are there no legits in Metroid Prime and several other games?

I'd bet the legit players out there know the answers to these.

Here you go again. Where did I mention that cheating was right OR wrong? I didn't. Infact that wasn't even the point of my previous post.

I said its the arguements themselves messing everything up, because clearly no one is listening to anyone else yet they persist anyway.

No one on this game is better then anyone else, because in the end it doesn't really matter. It doesn't matter if you have a Lavis Cannon + 1 million or if you've only got a handgun, because in a few years, hell maybe months from now this game will be a passing thought.

But you know what? I'm not going to argue any further, You can reply anyway you want but I'm not going to waste energy by talking to a wall. If I do I become as bad as the people I dislike.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tigger on 2003-02-23 20:42 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Feb 24, 2003, 12:44 AM
You know this topic has gotten into nothing but complete sensless arguments. This was a good topic, but it was just killed with a lot of the really dumb shots here.

Nice attempt to try to keep the idealogies of playing a game the correct way at first, but the whole attitude thing just killed it. I am going to just lock it before it gets worse.