PDA

View Full Version : I found this very funny.

LBP
Oct 4, 2008, 08:27 PM
So I went to my local EBgames today I was preordering Little Big Planet. And I was interested in the street date for Fable 2 since my xbox360 has been collecting dust for roughly a year now.

Anyway to make a long story short look what happened while powering up the 360.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=2585171185367551127

Zarode
Oct 4, 2008, 08:31 PM
Demo units are pronned(sp?) to failure. It stops becoming amusing after the third unit...

LBP
Oct 4, 2008, 08:35 PM
Demo units are pronned(sp?) to failure. It stops becoming amusing after the third unit...

Thats the first time that I have seen this happen and it was awesome, one lady decided to go with the Wii because she couldnt see the 360 working=p

Nitro Vordex
Oct 4, 2008, 08:37 PM
All the EBgames have crap Xbox360 units. The EBgames I went to had that as well. The past five times I went.

UnderscoreX
Oct 4, 2008, 09:13 PM

Tell me about it. My cousin's Red Ring'd again and he was my only hookup for finishing Vesperia, so I am very pissed off right about now.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 4, 2008, 11:07 PM
Not to sound mean, but that video made me laugh.

Glad I'm getting PS3. :P

Kent
Oct 4, 2008, 11:49 PM
It's no secret that the ventilation conditions of some of the kiosks have made more than one Xbox 360 die from overheating. Not entirely sure why a 360 dying is funny, unless you're one of those people at the Sony Defense Force or something. :/

It's unfortunate that someone would choose a Wii over a 360 based on that, being that there's such a vast difference in software quality, but oh well. Their loss. It's unfortunate in general when that happens to a 360, being that it's really the system to have of this generation.

Here's to hoping the second "killer app" for the PS3 is any good.

SubstanceD
Oct 5, 2008, 06:24 AM
Not entirely sure why a 360 dying is funny, unless you're one of those people at the Sony Defense Force or something. :/

As an XBox 360 owner I don't find this funny. last year, my origanl 360 died from the red rings of death. I sent it off to get fixed, traded it in for a PS3 when it came back and bought a new 360. A few months ago, my new 360 started having a problem where there was a red flashing light ( it's not the red ring of death, it's more than likely a loose cable since I have to many consoles plugged into 1 tv and it reqires unplugging certain consoles from time to time ). Everytime I see a red light on my 360 my heart stpos beating for a fraction of a second. If you owned a 360 and you experienced the Red Ring of Death you would never, ever think the above story was funny. Ironic yes, funny no.

It's unfortunate that someone would choose a Wii over a 360 based on that, being that there's such a vast difference in software quality, but oh well. Their loss. It's unfortunate in general when that happens to a 360, being that it's really the system to have of this generation.

Here's to hoping the second "killer app" for the PS3 is any good.

Well, in all fairness, it doesn't exactly fill the consumer with confidence when they see a demo 360 in a game store dying from a well documneted manufacturing defect.

foamcup
Oct 5, 2008, 12:48 PM
Not to sound mean, but that video made me laugh.

Glad I'm getting PS3. :P

PS3 also fails. :lol:

I was working at Target last year over the holidays, and our demo PS3 failed. Customers would want to see it in action, but you know, FAIL. When we finally got a new one, I was playing Crash Simulator Motorstorm after my shift and people kept bugging me about the Wii. My response to Wii questions: Do you see a line of people? No? Then we don't have any. :D

Monochrome
Oct 5, 2008, 07:36 PM
I have yet to see a Wii in-stock at a Target anywhere. Perhaps it is a myth..

Sexy_Raine
Oct 5, 2008, 09:07 PM
I have yet to see a Wii in-stock at a Target anywhere. Perhaps it is a myth..

I got mines from target, but it was the last one they had. I've also seen a couple for sale at Best Buy.

Powder Keg
Oct 5, 2008, 09:09 PM
Demo units are the worst. Not only are they on all day long, but they're either half-ass repaired of replaced with refurbished ones.

thematesV2
Oct 6, 2008, 10:16 AM
I find it funny, only because I play casually, and if I have to go a month without xbox, I'm fine, I have a ps2, and a psp, and a computer, so those hold me up o-k.. i've had to send my xbox in once, and from what I've read, Xbox has lost a bundle on it's red ring repairs... It's pretty obvious that microsoft has played the community with cheap gear when the random old man at the post office knows whats in that unmarked white box... i mean come on, the guy is like 60, and he knows that it's your microsoft x box that has died...

anyhow, we don't stop buying, so in the end microsoft has won..

Wyndham
Oct 8, 2008, 05:45 PM
when I sent in my 360, the guy knew what it was at the dooor. I thought it was kinda funny.