PDA

View Full Version : Post services on weekends D:

Rayokarna
Oct 5, 2008, 05:29 PM
A small light hearted rant about no postial services on weekends.

I imported an arcade stick from America and waiting for it to get here has me on edge. Man I hope it comes soon, blast services not working on weekends. lol

I have nothing against people that work in that service, keep doing your thing. Im just impatiant D:.

Broodstar1337
Oct 6, 2008, 06:46 AM
I'm impatient and I do have something against people who work in government services.

I'm in the military. We have round-the-clock coverage of everything that involves killing people and blowing shit up. Police and agencies like the FBI have round-the-clock coverage of protecting and serving the innocent and keeping the bad guys from doing harm.

Why the hell is it that some government workers have to function 24/7 and others get the shortest work days the US has to offer? Hell, there are people who work in the Air Force I've seen that have work for 3 hours at most!

It's especially a pain in the ass that places like Post Offices have a 9-5 when I'm working graveyard shift and I sleep whenever Post Offices are open. Is it a little much to ask anyone to extend their hours so that everyone has an opportunity to make use of such very important services? Especially nowadays when the economy is shitty, those extra jobs might just turn something around here.

Kylie
Oct 6, 2008, 12:49 PM
Oh, I know how it feels. ^^ Many a package have I had to wait business days for.

CelestialBlade
Oct 6, 2008, 12:59 PM
I don't see why they can't just hire weekend staff. Let the current workers keep their hours, just offer forth more jobs. Or hell, offer overtime for current employees. Offer time and a half Saturdays and double time Sundays and those overtime sheets will fill up pretty quick. An easily abused system, I'll admit, but it'd help the stated problem.

Sharkyland
Oct 6, 2008, 07:30 PM
- works for the Postal Service -
My supervisor says the USPS has been losing a lot of money due to lack of volume in mail as well as high gas prices. One thing that the higher ups has been looking out for is overtime, and the higher ups also have been suggesting to cut one day. It is a kind of waste of money if we aren't delivering a lot of mail to our customers. Most of our revenue has been either cut short due to electronic means, UPS, FEDex, or DHL.

BTW, we are privatized, so we DO NOT get federal government aid. We have to make our own money and spend our own money wisely.

(Note about delivery of mail from overseas.)
- Depending on the delivery (EMS 3-5 days -fastest-, Airmail 1wk - 2wk, SAL Sea Air Land 2wk - 4wk, Seamail -slowest- 1mo - 3mo)