PDA

View Full Version : proportion control?

Arakasa
Oct 6, 2008, 10:43 PM
just wondering (and hoping that) if PSzero has proportion control when it comes to character customization like previous phantasy star's,cuz i want my RAcast teeny and chubbeh,as she has been since PSO

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 6, 2008, 10:46 PM
up til now nothing has been seen about proportion, just costume and hair change.

Epically Leet
Oct 7, 2008, 08:48 AM
I sure hope it will have it. More customization. That's always good.

What font are you using to make that Kireek text in your signature, btw?

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 7, 2008, 10:19 AM
The Parum font, you can find it on the official PSU site I believe.

Epically Leet
Oct 7, 2008, 12:10 PM
Ah, thank ya.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 7, 2008, 02:37 PM
I think this game will have no proportion option, the characters seem to have a set height, If you look at the tallest character the RAcast, you can see they made his height just a bit taller than the kid-like HUmar. This is so all the characters fit the world and can be easy to see.

MinscTFA
Oct 7, 2008, 02:51 PM
My guess is any adjustments like proportion control would be on the touch screen. The layout of the character creation screen in the trailer looks to me like something you'd see on the upper screen. Until otherwise stated, there's hope for more options. :)

Kent
Oct 7, 2008, 04:35 PM
I'm thinking that, if anything, it'll be less of a slider like in the previous games, and more like a series of set proportions.

For example, three choices of "height," then three for "weight." If the option is in at all, that is.

pikachief
Oct 8, 2008, 04:05 PM
just wondering (and hoping that) if PSzero has proportion control when it comes to character customization like previous phantasy star's,cuz i want my RAcast teeny and chubbeh,as she has been since PSO

oh a chubby chibi? :P

i need to make one of my characters the same too, chubby chibis rock LOL :D

Rakath Talyn
Oct 13, 2008, 07:19 PM
Anyone translate what the 6 options were in the TGS videos?

Hozanto
Oct 13, 2008, 09:49 PM
I agree with Kent, there might only be 2 or 3 size options, since in the story there is a tall Humar (black haired guy with the great sword) although he may very well just fight like a Hucast

Vanzazikon
Oct 13, 2008, 10:04 PM
I've always liked the HUcast to be the tallest but if his max height is even one inch shorter than a RAcast, I'll get very angry! :argh: But I'll still play the game.

Rakath Talyn
Oct 13, 2008, 10:19 PM
I agree with Kent, there might only be 2 or 3 size options, since in the story there is a tall Humar (black haired guy with the great sword) although he may very well just fight like a Hucast

Depends if GunSlash is HU-class only. He could be a RAmar.

zandra117
Oct 13, 2008, 10:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSjxu65E5yY it will probably be something similar to this, with the height and width

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 13, 2008, 11:02 PM
Either that or no height/weight adjustments at all, specially since on the videos they showed nothing about height/weight just color and head changes.

Shiroyu
Oct 14, 2008, 12:48 AM
While I can't see why they would get rid of proportion control, I honestly wouldn't mind too terribly much if they took it out. It really shouldn't be that hard to do though, even on the DS.

Fun fact: I first read the topic title as "population control". <_<

Edit: Also, this is just a shot in the dark, but they probably didn't show anything regarding proportions in the videos because they could have just been early builds. >_>

Niered
Oct 14, 2008, 01:46 AM
Edit: Also, this is just a shot in the dark, but they probably didn't show anything regarding proportions in the videos because they could have just been early builds. >_>
Doubtful, considering the release date is only 2 months away.

Shiroyu
Oct 14, 2008, 01:58 AM
Oh, holy crap, it's mid-October already? Geez.

Well, I guess we'll get our real answer when we get our hands on it... or when someone dumps it and spoils everything.

furrypaws
Oct 15, 2008, 05:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSjxu65E5yY it will probably be something similar to this, with the height and width

You got me excited for a brief second because I thought that was PS0. >_<

Akaimizu
Oct 15, 2008, 05:06 PM
It's a good question, but I wouldn't be surprised if the proportion control was either not there or severely limited.

Hmm. Let's see. Proportion control. (SD, or......um.........SD). Ok. Super deformed it is!! :)

pikachief
Oct 15, 2008, 05:27 PM
even if all i got was super thin, medium, then fat and super small, meduim and tall i'd be fine :D

i would like SOME proportion, thats one thing i really really like about this games customization :/

i guess i could live without it but i'd really like for it to be there

Saphion
Oct 16, 2008, 05:28 AM
I'm not too fussed - but mainly because I usually leave all characters at the default proportions anyway!

Harmony
Oct 18, 2008, 11:52 AM
what sucks it that i dont have wi fi thats my only disappointment

ShadowInferno119
Oct 18, 2008, 02:07 PM
Well there were like 4-5 other options besides "Color, Hair Style and Mag color" that was under character customization. I'd say, Hair Color would be one, hieght maybe, I know another one is where the mag is positioned around you, because I seen in Screen shots, the Mag in different spots. And I don't know what the other few are.