PDA

View Full Version : An Item's "Worth"

Googlebonker
Oct 7, 2008, 08:18 AM
What factors do you think go into an item's worth?

Three of the more obvious factors are percentage (for Striking Weapons, Armor, and RCSMs), Grind numbers (Weapons), and "market value". Another factor can be (but obviously doesn't apply to all items) cost of materials.

More factors include availability, risk (Synthesizing and Grinding), and prestige.

Am I missing anything?

Cracka_J
Oct 7, 2008, 08:24 AM
you missed the only one that means anything, rarity/demand.

Eleina
Oct 7, 2008, 08:34 AM
Offer/Demand is everything

Exemple:
Ban-photon -> Vast offers / No demand = 50 Meseta a piece
50% Random element Agito Repca 10/10 -> Extremely rare (maybe 0) offer / Almost Everyone wants it -> Priceless

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2008, 06:22 PM
Personally, I don't give a shit about supply and demand. Worth is relative to the player - one man's trash is another man's treasure. Any time I see people drop photons or 7*+ catalyst materials (Kerseline, etc.), I always pick them up because I know I'm always synthing SOMETHING that can use it eventually, and that beats the hell out of having to buy them all the time, especially with my wallet, lol.

A 50% 10/10 Agito Repca? That'd be badass if my main character was a FF... but he's not, and I'm not a fan of swords because they don't do enough damage for their speed, and their PA's suck imo. I'd use it on an alt, but I'd be more concerned about using that item as a trump card towards getting myself a Red/Knight, or maybe a Love Inferno, or any other rare gun weapon that Sega always tends to screw us over on.

System-Id
Oct 7, 2008, 06:25 PM
Google Stop Posting :|
Are You That Desperate for post numbarz O_O