PDA

View Full Version : Photon Arts and Techs

MinscTFA
Oct 11, 2008, 01:41 PM
This may have been mentioned but I haven't noticed it in any of the other threads.

How are Photon Art and Tech levels handled? Are they disc based like PSO or leveled by using as in PSU? Could a completely new system have been put into place?

ShadowInferno119
Oct 11, 2008, 01:50 PM
I hope its being leveled by usage. But I haven't heard any word on that.

Saphion
Oct 11, 2008, 02:04 PM
I don't think anyone knows yet. I'd assume it'd be like PSO's, but who can tell?

ShadowInferno119
Oct 11, 2008, 02:08 PM
I don't think anyone knows yet. I'd assume it'd be like PSO's, but who can tell?
I think so too, since they said they made the name similar to "PSO" because they wanna go back to their roots, lol.

furrypaws
Oct 11, 2008, 02:51 PM
Still, it looks like a tiny few features are being imported from PSU. Maybe leveling up techs will be one of them. I hope so, at least.

As for Photon Arts, there's a slight possibility that they could be the charge up attack, right? Perhaps that's what they're referring to. Then again, they could simply be the "Special Attacks" from PSO (Demons, Blizzard, Gush, etc.). We really don't know.

jnblz316
Oct 11, 2008, 03:40 PM
I think they replaced the TP guage with PP yet it still works the same way as TP. From the looks of it it just seems like they are going more with the older PSO style with the tech usage.

TechnoFunk
Oct 11, 2008, 10:15 PM
To me it looked like the Photon Arte attacks are the charge attacks for when you hold the attack button down.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 11, 2008, 10:46 PM
I like how the guns have special moves now! so playing as a ranger isn't monotonous anymore.

Niered
Oct 11, 2008, 11:01 PM
I like how the guns have special moves now! so playing as a ranger isn't monotonous anymore.

Fukkin' ditto! PSU was ruined to me by the monotony of pressing the attack button, now we have normal, hard, and special!

Plus, did you catch the launcher special attack?! Your character jumps in the air, spins, an d then fires a shot at the ground, doin AoE to any nearby enemies! SO BADASS!

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 11, 2008, 11:30 PM
And the machine guns are freakking awesome too! not to mention the GunSlash.

Kesubei
Oct 12, 2008, 12:29 AM
Can I be the only one who thought the shield and the bare-fisted fighting were the most impressive weapons?

My HUmarl is going to be a monk. I wonder if Sega put in photon arts for that, though.

Niered
Oct 12, 2008, 03:17 AM
Can I be the only one who thought the shield and the bare-fisted fighting were the most impressive weapons?

My HUmarl is going to be a monk. I wonder if Sega put in photon arts for that, though.

If your talking completely "unequipped" fighting, then thats unlikely at best. A definite no if your asking me. However, in PSO there were rare knuckle weapons, which were just weapons that gave you unarmed attacks with stat increases, so those might have charge attacks.

AweOfShe
Oct 12, 2008, 04:22 AM
now we have normal, hard, and special!
...Which was still pretty monotonous to begin with, but hey... :lol:

In either case, I'm quite curious to see how special attacks are handled in this game, as well. Just adding a dodge roll was enough to catch my interest in other aspects they could have improved upon the previous two series' mechanics. Can't wait to see what other things they'd evolved.

MinscTFA
Oct 12, 2008, 06:40 AM
That launcher special was awesome.

I was just wondering, do regular techs us PP? I know the charged versions do. It would be neat to have some techs to fall back on when the charged versions have exhausted your PP.

Since you can attack with wands and staves I'd assume all techs cost PP.