PDA

View Full Version : So Philly boo'd Sarah Palin guys. Hey guys!

Shadowpawn
Oct 11, 2008, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TgDanmWkg

Now honestly, who didn't see that coming? What's funny is that the arena had to turn up the volume of the music to drown out the sea of boos. I guess we know which way Philadelphia votes are learning towards. I kinda feel bad for Palin, having to put on airs despite being fully aware you are getting booed by thousands of people. :/

You know what, wasn't Dangerous or someone talking about this sort of thing happening in another thread?

Zantra
Oct 11, 2008, 11:24 PM
They weren't booing... they were saying Boo-Urns... Boo-Urns!!!

Solstis
Oct 11, 2008, 11:25 PM
Republicans (I suppose the "wrong" sort of Republican) booed McCain for defending Obama. I don't particularly like the lady, but I wouldn't want to be rude.

Be cordial, people.

Sord
Oct 11, 2008, 11:54 PM
wait, so it's not even a real puck drop? Now I can understand bumping a person up for throwing the first pitch and crap, cause not everyone throws that great, but a simple drop the puck and skate out can't be done? Lame. Wasn't that interested in hockey before, certainly not now. :disapprove:

Shadowpawn
Oct 12, 2008, 12:01 AM
I thought the same thing Sord. The same damn thing.

Dangerous55
Oct 12, 2008, 12:05 AM
I didn't get to see this tonight, but I expected it(kind of, I still say the majority of those fans ain't booing because they like Obama). Philly boo's everyone. Philly booed Mike Schmidt for the majority of his career. If you don't know who he is look him up, it just shows ya what kind of town Philly is.

"Philadelphia fans are a tough bunch, and sometimes they got under the skin of the sensitive third baseman. Schmidt once referred to the locals as "beyond help" and Veterans Stadium as a "mob scene, uncontrollable.""

Powder Keg
Oct 12, 2008, 12:17 AM
I was there. There was plenty of booing, but also cheering. I saw a handful of Obama signs in the lower level which I thought was funny. I'm sure they knew it was going to be like this so I'll bet they planned on blasting the music.

Dunno what you guys are talking about with actually dropping the puck...they can't be on the ice when play starts lmao

Kesubei
Oct 12, 2008, 12:25 AM
Completely unsurprising and amusing. Philadelphia (along with Pittsburgh) always votes democrat. In fact, the reason Pennsylvania is a swing state is because of Philly and Pittsburgh. Look up an election map of PA; typically, only Philly and Pittsburgh are blue.

Philly fans are tough, but also amusing. The tales of the antics of Eagles fans are the stuff of legend.

Firocket1690
Oct 12, 2008, 01:16 AM
Hmmm.. Funny you should mention that. I never really liked Repubs, and McCain less so.
This year, Firo gets to vote! I dunno. They're recruiting all the college kids to register to vote. I said I was already registered to vote in NY, but they said PA's a swing state? Never got that part.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 12, 2008, 02:08 AM
Wow, Alaska chicks are hawt.
Sorry, had to say it.

I have to be honest, I heard more cheering than booing. Though the booing was funny.

Powder Keg
Oct 12, 2008, 10:19 AM
A fan posted this from the second level, you can really hear it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXNetpeu_mk

Kylie
Oct 12, 2008, 10:36 AM
And in front of her daughter.. Harsh.

Powder Keg
Oct 12, 2008, 10:42 AM
She brings her daughter wherever she goes....not much help can be done in that regard, lol

SStrikerR
Oct 12, 2008, 01:49 PM
The people not booing are the racist ones from my area. You know, the ones that come up with, "It's the white house for a fucking reason."

Leviathan
Oct 12, 2008, 08:32 PM
x]
Well she does know that Philly is primarily made up or working class people, so of course she would be booed.

Foxy Nicole
Oct 12, 2008, 08:38 PM
So are you guys saying they wouldn't have boo'd Biden lol?

Kesubei
Oct 12, 2008, 09:12 PM
So are you guys saying they wouldn't have boo'd Biden lol?

The amount of people booing Biden would be less than the number booing Palin. Biden, at the very least, is also from PA and has lived in the Delaware Valley.

Dangerous55
Oct 12, 2008, 10:53 PM
x]
Well she does know that Philly is primarily made up or working class people, so of course she would be booed.

Name a city that isn't.

Philly should be booing the Phillies after tonights performance against LA.

Leviathan
Oct 12, 2008, 11:41 PM
I'll change that primarily working class.

I've seen some working class people that vote republican &that's pretty counter-productive.

Dangerous55
Oct 13, 2008, 01:37 AM
I've seen some working class people that vote republican &that's pretty counter-productive.

No it isn't.

Every city is primarily working class.

If only "some" working class people voted for Republicans they would have never held office. EVER.

seph_monkey
Oct 15, 2008, 01:33 PM
im not a fan of palin but that is a little messed up hahaha.
it was funny to me cause it was like cheering one sec then in a split second its straight out boo's